Guess the Game from the Screenshot

[quote name='ID2006']2. DreamMix TV World Fighters[/QUOTE]

Correct

[quote name='mguiddy']Hooooooooly diver[/QUOTE]

You've been gone to long in the midnight sea. Oh whats becoming of me.

[quote name='mykevermin']#8 is Dracula X: Rondo of Blood.

(wonder if I still have that PCE disc somewhere...)[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[quote name='whoknows']5 is F-Zero X?[/QUOTE]

Nope. 3 & 5 are still up for grabs.

[quote name='Jack']5 is the American version of Evil Zone.[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='blindinglights']Is 3 one of the Wild Arms games?[/QUOTE]

Warm

The intro themed set I promised, so obviously these are all screens from the intro of the game.

oiiit.jpg

????

kbxbpz.jpg

Vay

34noegz.png

BoF IV

b5h4as.jpg

SMT: Nocturne

2ilzcg.jpg

Resident Evil

k6eyo.jpg

KOF XIII

j5jo7a.jpg

Persona

10e2asn.jpg

Sunset Riders

Last edited by a moderator:
3 is Breath of Fire IV
5 is Resident Evil
7 is Persona

Edit:
Is 1 a Leiji Matsumoto game?
I think 2 is Vay
4 looks familiar...

I'm thinking 6 is King of Fighters XIII?

4 - Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - I remember hearing people say this game was hard. Was it any good?

The artwork on 1 is creepy.

I changed my post above to list all the correct answers but put in spoiler tags for people who still wanted to guess.

You guys got them all except #1. As for it being a Matsumoto game I don't think it is. It looks a lot like his style but I couldn't find a connection.

Nocturne is a great game. As JRPGs come it's a damn good challenge, especially if you plan on beating all the extra bosses and the extra dungeon. I died a lot in this game.

[quote name='Rodimus']I changed my post above to list all the correct answers but put in spoiler tags for people who still wanted to guess. [/QUOTE]

Brilliant idea!

In addition to the first one still up for grabs from Rodimus (linked in here), I'll add the next batch, which are game over screens, Genesis edition. Some are pretty easy, and some should be obscure enough.

oiiit.jpg

????

A)
8702752358_c666908250_n.jpg
B)
8701630043_5be0eb6da5_n.jpg

C)
8702752346_2dbc809573_n.jpg
D)
8702752334_466bbb7b3a_n.jpg

E)
8701630017_ceddf1d456_n.jpg
F)
8702752308_dbb9e58d7a_n.jpg

G)
8702752304_d632199966_n.jpg
H)
8701629991_4713303a0d_n.jpg

I)
8701629983_2db4bf5177_n.jpg
J)
8702752270_d99640fe3d_n.jpg

[quote name='The Crotch']G looks really familiar, but E is Dynamite Headdy.[/QUOTE]
Secret Bonus Point Get! Probably my favorite (or at least most nostalgic) game from this set.

[quote name='Jack']C is Jungle Strike.[/QUOTE]
Correct, which only leaves A, B, G, H and J left. I'm surprised B has lasted as long as it has, I figure that would of been the most obvious. I'll hint it up at the end of the day if it stagnates.

H is "The Ooze," a lesser-known game produced by Sega's in-house team for the Genesis/Megadrive. I first played it at Epcot Center before it was released publicly. It took me years to find an original copy.

[quote name='Richard Kain']H is "The Ooze," a lesser-known game produced by Sega's in-house team for the Genesis/Megadrive. I first played it at Epcot Center before it was released publicly. It took me years to find an original copy.[/QUOTE]
Yup, it's also part of the Sonic Mega Collection Plus on the PS2 / Xbox as an unlockable, the only way I would of known about it otherwise. It's a shame they didn't include it on the Gamecube version (which I have).

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Yup, it's also part of the Sonic Mega Collection Plus on the PS2 / Xbox as an unlockable, the only way I would of known about it otherwise. It's a shame they didn't include it on the Gamecube version (which I have).[/QUOTE]

I acquired the Sonic Mega Colletion Plus specifically because it has a copy of The Ooze as an unlockable. (I got the PS2 version) I was a little surprised about its absence from the GameCube version, as well as the fact that it wasn't included in the PS3/360 Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. (which was the perfect place to include it) But, there's not much you can do about it, that sort of thing is Sega's call.

I found the original cartridge for it at the Pink Godzilla booth at Pax 11.

[quote name='Richard Kain']...there's not much you can do about it, that sort of thing is Sega's call.[/QUOTE]
And in all the Sega collections, neither TJ&E title ever was included, which is odd considering they were mascots to an extent.

B is correct, which only leaves A, G, and J, so here are some hints:

A) One of the poster's username in this thread (no, not Crotch)

G) Spoof of a famous movie series

J) The only isometric game I got sick playing (seriously, nauseating)

A) Pitfall

G) James Pond (or James Pond 2?)

J) I've got no idea. It feels familiar, but that could just be déjà vu.

[quote name='The Crotch']James Pond? fuck! I loved James Pond 2 as a kid. Playing as the frog was baller as hell.[/QUOTE]

What about Cool Spot? Ever played that? Not bad for a soda mascot.

Honestly I couldn't guess any of those Game Over screens even though I played most of them. I just don't get to see them that often to remember them ;)

Anyways here's a hint for the last of mine that hasn't been guessed yet:
Light gun game

I kinda regret using a screenshot of Limbo of the Lost a few pages back. Instead, I should have made a series based entirely around Limbo of the Lost pictures, where I'd ask you guys what game each screenshot had stolen content from.

Oh, well.[quote name='ID2006']What about Cool Spot? Ever played that? Not bad for a soda mascot.[/QUOTE]
The only snack-food-mascot-based-game I ever played was Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool. Don't remember if it was any good or not.

[quote name='ID2006']A) Pitfall

G) James Pond (or James Pond 2?)

J) I've got no idea. It feels familiar, but that could just be déjà vu.[/QUOTE]
Pitall: The Mayan Adventure and James Pond 2 to be exact, I figure the hints would be obvious enough.

And since J lasted over the weekend, I'll spoil it here
Sonic 3D Blast
I've only played this a handful of times, and the last time I tried to play it all the way through to beat it, I got sick right before the last boss. Something about the camera in this game just doesn't sit well with me, the way it sways around when Sonic turns. Maybe I'm just a pansy, but I've never wanted to play it again. Definitely my least favorite Genesis Sonic game either way.

Also, both Cool Spot and Spot Goes to Hollywood were fun games.

Anyways, I'll post another batch this week, but here was another favorite Genesis (multi-platform actually) Game Over screen in the mean time:

8714117315_9d7326f1d9.jpg

^ That looks familiar, especially the silhouette of that character.

I'll try posting a couple screens today once work cools down and I get bored of internet browsing.

Yes to all

I was trying to think of other games that had fishing mini games in them. Besides Zelda games and Persona 4 I couldn't think of any more.

Dark Cloud 2 would of been my guess too.

Also, 6 is some flavor of Harvest Moon, not sure which though.

A hint for my last Game Over screen, it's from a Sim-like game. Oh, and incase it wasn't clear, its a picture of a guy committing suicide, which is why I remember it (which is funny considering the game...).

[quote name='Rodimus']Yes to all

I was trying to think of other games that had fishing mini games in them. Besides Zelda games and Persona 4 I couldn't think of any more.[/QUOTE]

Some of the Yakuza games do.

[quote name='whoknows']Some of the Yakuza games do.[/QUOTE]

I thought they did. I did a search but couldn't find any screens. Probably just didn't look hard enough.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']
A hint for my last Game Over screen, it's from a Sim-like game. Oh, and incase it wasn't clear, its a picture of a guy committing suicide, which is why I remember it (which is funny considering the game...).[/QUOTE]
Oh, wow. I just looked it up, and that is dark as fuck for that game.

bread's done
Back