Guild Wars Nightfall for $10 cheaper on Outpost.com

Max Spider X

CAGiversary!
Standard Edition for $39.99:

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4952281

CE for $61.88:

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4952311

Both have free shipping and are tax-free in most states. Add to the fact that only GS/EB (BB and CC most likely won't be getting the disc) has confirmed to be selling the preorder disc ($10-value thanks to the free slot) for an extra $5, we are basically talking about a $20-25 saving here.

And here is a little bonus info:

Announced today by ArenaNet®, developer of the wildly-popular franchise Guild Wars®, the studio's latest game Guild Wars NightfallTM will make its debut in a massive event open to anyone and everyone who would like to play. The event will take place September 22, 2006, beginning at 12:01am PDT and running through September 24, 2006 at 11:59pm PDT.

For an added bonus, the November 2006 issue of PC Gamer magazine, due in stores a week before the event, boasts a Guild Wars Nightfall cover story, and includes an access key for an exclusive, in-game, Gray Giant miniature. The Gray Giant will be useable during the World Preview Event, and then may be reactivated with a Guild Wars Nightfall account upon release.

Tag time. Is it worth getting the special edition for the extra slot? I've never played GW so I don't know what to expect.

EDIT: I am thoroughly confused by your first post. Do you get the extra character slot in the $40 version? If so, what does the Collector's Edition offer gaming wise?

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Tag time. Is it worth getting the special edition for the extra slot? I've never played GW so I don't know what to expect.

EDIT: I am thoroughly confused by your first post. Do you get the extra character slot in the $40 version? If so, what does the Collector's Edition offer gaming wise?[/quote]

2 extra.

You can buy slots seperately for 10 a piece. w/o buying a new game, it all depends on how good the content is.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Tag time. Is it worth getting the special edition for the extra slot? I've never played GW so I don't know what to expect.

EDIT: I am thoroughly confused by your first post. Do you get the extra character slot in the $40 version? If so, what does the Collector's Edition offer gaming wise?[/QUOTE]

You get 2 slots if you merge Nightfall (regardless of CE or not) to your existing GW account. You get another extra slot if you add the bonus disc key.

[quote name='Max Spider X']You get 2 slots if you merge Nightfall (regardless of CE or not) to your existing GW account. You get another extra slot if you add the bonus disc key.[/quote]

Thanks. I pre-ordered. I'm sceptical that I'll actually get the pre-order bonus disc, seeing as how Fry's would have to ship it separately or hold onto it specifically for pre-orders and ship it when the game comes out. Either possibilities are money losing to Fry's...

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Thanks. I pre-ordered. I'm sceptical that I'll actually get the pre-order bonus disc, seeing as how Fry's would have to ship it separately or hold onto it specifically for pre-orders and ship it when the game comes out. Either possibilities are money losing to Fry's...[/QUOTE]

I emailed Outpost.com and they said if you ordered before the pre-order content was finalized, you would still get the pre-order back with your order.

How do I get "Guild Wars Nightfall World Preview Event" to work? I do not own any of the Guild Wars games, but I had downloaded their Client program from their website. Would I be able to play in the Preview Event? Do I need a cd key to play the "Guild Wars Nightfall World Preview Event"? And where can I get the key to play?

[quote name='yogi99']How do I get "Guild Wars Nightfall World Preview Event" to work? I do not own any of the Guild Wars games, but I had downloaded their Client program from their website. Would I be able to play in the Preview Event? Do I need a cd key to play the "Guild Wars Nightfall World Preview Event"? And where can I get the key to play?[/quote]

I don't think they have announced how it is going to work yet. If you downloaded the client, you're in good shape. They say that you don't have to have an account, so hopefully they will implement a guest system for this weekend.

[quote name='xbox_mole']I emailed Outpost.com and they said if you ordered before the pre-order content was finalized, you would still get the pre-order back with your order.[/QUOTE]
So does this mean we will get the bonus pack with the $40 version?

I noticed that they changed the product description, so it doesn't list the bonus content anymore. They have also limited purchases to one per household... good thing my friend just ordered three copies last night. :)

Crap. This either means they ran out of bonus packs, or they never received any and don't plan on sending me one. JUST BECAUSE I THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN, I took a screenshot of what I originally ordered so I can complain.

[quote name='yogi99']How do I get "Guild Wars Nightfall World Preview Event" to work? I do not own any of the Guild Wars games, but I had downloaded their Client program from their website. Would I be able to play in the Preview Event? Do I need a cd key to play the "Guild Wars Nightfall World Preview Event"? And where can I get the key to play?[/quote]

They just updated their website. Here's your key for the World Preview Event:

2BBQF-MG981-PRQD7-KDM6Q-C78H3

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']They just updated their website. Here's your key for the World Preview Event:

2BBQF-MG981-PRQD7-KDM6Q-C78H3[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

I just bought the first Guild Wars game. I created a new Guild Wars account today with the above World Preview Event key. After the World Preview Event is over can I just put in the key from the Guild Wars game I bought to use the same account I created during the World Preview Event or should I create a new account for the game I bought? Do I need to install the Guild Wars I bought even though I download the client from the official website already?

[quote name='yogi99']Thank you.

I just bought the first Guild Wars game. I created a new Guild Wars account today with the above World Preview Event key. After the World Preview Event is over can I just put in the key from the Guild Wars game I bought to use the same account I created during the World Preview Event or should I create a new account for the game I bought? Do I need to install the Guild Wars I bought even though I download the client from the official website already?[/quote]

Yes you can use the same account (all World Preview leveling / items are wiped anyway). No need to install GW from your CD. The client will have all the files and updates.

Hm, the order that my friend made on Monday night got cancelled. I wonder if this means that they ran out of bonus packs a bit before they took the listing down.

Sucks for him, but I guess it might be confirmation that those of us who ordered early should be getting bonus packs.

Any thoughts?

[quote name='rohlfinator']Hm, the order that my friend made on Monday night got cancelled. I wonder if this means that they ran out of bonus packs a bit before they took the listing down.

Sucks for him, but I guess it might be confirmation that those of us who ordered early should be getting bonus packs.

Any thoughts?[/quote]
Thats a promising sign at least.

However I got this email from Outpost.com and I don't know what to make of it. Does it mean they oversold the game, or does the backorder refer to the bonus pacK? Did anyone else get this email?

Dear LOUIS :

Thank you for your order! We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered is currently out of stock and we are unable to provide a
definite ship date at this time. However, we continually receive
new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill your
order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon
as the item(s) is in stock. Your order number is XXXXXX .

If you would prefer to cancel, change, or check the status of
your order, you may do so at anytime prior to shipment by
calling customer service at 1-877-OUTPOST, (International
customers may call +1-408-350-1484) or e-mail us at
[email protected]. If you choose to cancel your order
we will provide a full and prompt refund of any charges which
you may have incurred for unshipped items.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for choosing Fry's Outpost.com.

Sincerely,

Fry's Outpost.com
Customer Service

Tel: 1-877-OUTPOST
Tel: 1-408-350-1484
Fax: 1-408-487-4700
E-mail: [email protected]

I got that email too.

After a little snooping around, it seems that there is an explanation.

That said, it looks like Outpost has occasionally been slow to ship preorders in the past. Personally, I don't mind waiting a few days, given this price.

[quote name='rohlfinator']I got that email too.

After a little snooping around, it seems that there is an explanation.

That said, it looks like Outpost has occasionally been slow to ship preorders in the past. Personally, I don't mind waiting a few days, given this price.[/quote]

lol...your explanation does not make anything clearer (link is broken) :applause:

Ya I got the email too... the system is so dumb, it should know it's a preorder. I guess there will be a 2nd email coming in 30 days.

Someone in my FW thread said this:

After waiting on hold for 15 minutes, I finally got a live voice at Outpost. Apparently if you ordered on Sunday, you'll get the bonus disc. When I asked when it would ship, he said definitely before the full game is released, and possibly today from what he's been told. Take that however you will.

Incidentally, you're not missing out on anything by not getting the bonus disc right away. I bought the disc from amazon, but the free character slot and weapons don't kick in until you register the full game with it.

They have stopped responding to my emails regarding the bonus since last week. After reading someone's post on Gfaqs who claims that they added the bonus pack to his order and has just received it, I decided to give them a ring. I waited through 40min and 10+ songs to reach a human voice. She had a clue about the bonus pack and said it is currently backordered and that it will be shipped along with the game. But since there is only one shipment for pre-order packs, and that the Fry's B&M stores got stacks of them, the chances of us getting it is slim. The Gfaqer was really lucky. Maybe at the time he called, they had some leftovers.

Outpost just added the bonus pack to my order yesterday. It's listed as backordered, but at least it's "official" now. It looks to me like they might ship the bonus with the game after all.

FYI - I was pre-ordering Nightfall from EB games today and was going to get the Pre-release bonus to get the extra character slot. I thought it would be $5 extra for the bonus disk based upon the deal on EBgames.com, but when I mentioned the bonus disk the guy said that it came for free with a Nightfall pre-order, $4.99 if bought separately. So for $49.99 in EB credit, I will get the Nightfall game and the pre-release bonus disk (which he handed me today).

Still more expensive then the original Outpost price ($39.99), but an option for those who did not get it yet.

[quote name='Xerxes']It's full priced again now. What the hell is FW?[/quote]

I believe FW means Fatwallet.com.

BTW, on the frys.com/outpost.com email it did say
"Rest assured, if you ordered items that are not included in the
list below, they will be delivered at a later date with no
additional charge to you."

I also read they aren't shipping bonus disc until GWNF releases, but could be all rumors...

In same boat w/preorder and w/same email - I should receive the game itself tomorrow or Friday.

I was actually surprised to see the bonus in the list (or I forgot it was there when I ordered it late Sept lol) but I had already got it locally and 'un-did' a preorder. It was only $5 and well this beats my local Gamestops price of $50.

So I'm still hoping for the pre-order package there (another account I'd probably use it on) but I'm much happier to see the game itself is on track.

What are my options if I never receive the pre-order bonus disc? I really only bought into this deal because of the extra value that added. I guess I can send it back for a refund (boo shipping costs), return it in store (boo driving to Phoenix), or ebay it and break even if lucky. Can I do a chargeback on my credit card for the value of the bonus pack? Do you think I could convice Outpost to refund me $5 or $10 dollars?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

If I were you I'd pre-order somewhere locally today for $5 somewhere, get the pack, and return same/next day and say 'nah' and get it back. Or at worst you eat the $5 and you still got game and preorder for $45.

Since its on your packing list you could go after Outpost but then there's the fact its listed as '$0.00', which they may be more than willing to refund ;b

Lou-Dawg - something about your posts screws up my ability to use my BACK button in IE6. I try to go back to a previous page by hitting the back arrow and it just stays on the same page. When I bring up the list of previous pages, I see "http://gamercard.xbox.com/Lou-Dawg.card"

When I preordered with them for Xenosaga II they ran out of the bonus DVD and gave me $10 off. Hopefully they'll do the same if such is the case.

bread's done
Back