Guilty Gear 2: Overture - $7.99 w/ FS @ NewEgg: DEAD

Knoxximus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...3001&cm_re=guilty_gear-_-74-203-001-_-Product

This game is currently $7.99 new with free shipping at NewEgg, and it is AWESOME for what it is.

You have to not think of it so much in terms of a fighting game...it is much more like an Action/RTS hybrid with fighting game mechanics. And, for all the old heads out there, if you have EVER wanted a sequel to the seminal Genesis classic, Herzog Zwei (arguably the Father of the RTS genre), THIS IS THAT GAME. Only difference is your "transformable robot/plane" is now a beastly GG character.

Gameplay is almost identical. Capture little bases to build capital to make more troops. When you engage your turbo running mode, it's like turning into the jet in HZ. You can also "hand carry" troops to where you want them once you have given them orders, again, much like HZ. This game is sooooo much like Herzog, it CAN'T be coincidence.

So, in closing, don't approach this game as a fighting game...approach it as the spiritual successor to the greatest console RTS ever MADE. THEN you will have a BLAST!!

Plus, at this price, no one has ANY reason not to give it a go. Once you wrap your head around it (much like Herzog...it also had quite the learning curve), 2 player matches with even skilled opponents are just plain EPIC!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gbear09']Dang sold out by the time i found the thread[/QUOTE]

Actually, for at least a week, this game has been on sale at this price. The thread just brought a lot of attention to it.

Newegg is kind of weird. I believe they set an allotment at a certain price, so they may not actually be out-of-stock. The game might be available again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='opportunity777']Newegg is kind of weird. I believe they set an allotment at a certain price, sothey may not actually be out-of-stock. The game might be available again.[/QUOTE]Exactally, I got Battle Fantasia (360) from them a few 'weeks' back and it quickly returned to normal price afterwards.

[quote name='jedifrog21']Maybe this is a dumb question, but WHAT was Herzog Zwei? As I said before, I never played it, and I'd rather get a review of sorts from people who like the game. It won't change my thoughts on Overture though haha, just want to know the game this is sort of like.[/QUOTE]

Herzog Zwei was an amazing RTS Genesis game. I recommend you play that instead of wasting $ on Overture.

[quote name='opportunity777']Actually, for at least a week, this game has been on sale at this price. The thread just brought a lot of attention to it.

Newegg is kind of weird. I believe they set an allotment at a certain price, so they may not actually be out-of-stock. The game might be available again.[/QUOTE]

It would appear that you are correct, good sir...this deal is dead.:drool:

If this game sucks, I'll never trust you again Knoxximus. I only had $8 left to my name and figured the joy this game could bring me would be better than a few minutes of nourishment that food could provide.

[quote name='ninja dog']If this game sucks, I'll never trust you again Knoxximus. I only had $8 left to my name and figured the joy this game could bring me would be better than a few minutes of nourishment that food could provide.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Knoxximus, no pressure there! :lol:

bread's done
Back