Guitar Hero 2 woth the $?

wageslave

CAGiversary!
I know this is a biased place to ask this question, but:

Is Guitar Hero 2 really worth 70 bones for the PS2 for a casual gamer? I want to pick up a game that will be a really good distraction, just want to be sure if I will get my money's worth out of a $70 game. Not planning to get an Xbox 360 for some time so that version isn't an option for me now.

Even as a casual gamer i'd say hell yes. It's one of those games that if you need to kill 15 minutes or what not you can pick it up and play and have fun. Plus it's very easy to pick up and play, but harder difficulties will keep you playing for awhile. So in my opinion, yes, yes it's worth it. Just remember some songs are going to be butchered (if you like Rage Against the Machine's, well, you're definetly going to have a problem with their "cover").

Hell yes! Guitar Hero has the highest replayability of any game Ive ever owned. And thats a lot. It always entertains no matter who is over at the house. And this has already been mentioned, but it is easy to learn and hard as hell to master. Good stuff.

It may be worth it simply because if you have people over, it's a good way to pass the time. It's entertaining to people that don't usually play video games, including women and older folks.

Personally, I'd go with Guitar Hero 1 instead of 2. It's a little harder to do hammer-ons and pull-offs but the song list is much better. I'm sort of regretting picking up 2, even discounted.

Personally, I'd go with Guitar Hero 1 instead of 2. It's a little harder to do hammer-ons and pull-offs but the song list is much better. I'm sort of regretting picking up 2, even discounted.

True, GH1 had a more diverse set list. GH2 is a little harder and the songs aren't as recognizable for non-genre fans.

I'd say just make sure to play a demo of it before buying.

I like the series, but I am not a huge fan like most are. It just can't hold my interest for very long, which is a bit surprising to me, since I'm a big fan of most music games in general.

bread's done
Back