Guitar Hero 2 Xbox 360 - free shipping, no tax, free bag, RedOctane.com!

[quote name='InuFaye']placed my order yesterday, so its either going to ship soon, or they charge when you order now.[/quote]What you're seeing is a preauth, where they check to make sure the funds are there. It's not an actual charge. They don't charge until they ship.

Will this game have additional songs or something? Or all downloadable content will have to be paid as well? I know most, but c'mon some freebies at least?

All I know is that selling my current bundle will give me a headstart...

I guess I'm going to eBay Guitar Hero + the guitar controller and Guitar Hero II and use the money to get this. Any thoughts? Do you think I can score $90 for the set?

I pre-ordered the PS2 version from them and this backordered thing is exactly how it went down then. If it works the same again this time, look for it to change early-mid next week. Mine shipped so that I received it right on the release tuesday, so I wouldn't panic.

[quote name='2&2']I pre-ordered the PS2 version from them and this backordered thing is exactly how it went down then. If it works the same again this time, look for it to change early-mid next week. Mine shipped so that I received it right on the release tuesday, so I wouldn't panic.[/QUOTE]

That's great info--thanks a bunch!

FYI, just got back from Circuit City in Dallas... they had a 360 with GH2 demo set up! Played Strutter at 1080p... graphics were nice, definitely an upgrade. Guitar felt fine.

My co-worker who was with me has a PS2 with 3(!) Guitar Hero guitars, so obviously he is VERY into the game. He thought the gameplay felt the same, which is good.

This seemed to be a demo because it only had around 10 songs, and some of the screen transitions were a little choppy.

Just thought y'all would like to know GH 360 is out in the wild and CAN be experienced by the public.

[quote name='gorgo']FYI, just got back from Circuit City in Dallas... they had a 360 with GH2 demo set up! Played Strutter at 1080p... graphics were nice, definitely an upgrade. [/quote]

The Xbox 360 doesn't support 1080p. The new Xbox 360 Elite will.

[quote name='mroakley']The Xbox 360 doesn't support 1080p. The new Xbox 360 Elite will.[/quote]

Yes it does.

The new "elite" only has a few extra things, none that give better performance than the normal 360.

[quote name='Brymo']Yes it does.

[/quote]

No, actually it doesn't.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xbox360/massmedia.htm

First things first, though: It doesn't get better than enjoying today's top games at gorgeous high-definition 16:9 widescreen resolutions (720p, 1080i) and in majestic 5.1 surround sound.

And I stand corrected about the Xbox 360 Elite. I could have sworn I read about the dev kit supporting 1080p...but now that I've gone back and checked, I just don't see it.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/20/...mited-edition-xbox-with-hdmi-and-120gb-drive/

[quote name='mroakley']No, actually it doesn't.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xbox360/massmedia.htm

And I stand corrected about the Xbox 360 Elite. I could have sworn I read about the dev kit supporting 1080p...but now that I've gone back and checked, I just don't see it.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/20/xbox-360-elite-new-black-limited-edition-xbox-with-hdmi-and-120gb-drive/[/quote]

The original CAN CAN CAN do 1080p, jesus, that was one of the main updates a while ago.

They just state it is native because of HDMI, which looks nothing different than my HD cables.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/20/xbox-360-adds-1080p-hd-dvd-drive-for-november-17th-in-japan/

The only thing big about this "elite" is the black, and HDD. Which you can buy later on.

It's no big deal, just a different way to do a price drop.

[quote name='mroakley']No, actually it doesn't.
[/QUOTE]

Please have a clue what you are talking about before trying to correct people. It DOES support 1080p.

If your first instinct is to post that it doesn't yet again, please punch yourself in the groin instead.

[quote name='gorgo']FYI, just got back from Circuit City in Dallas... they had a 360 with GH2 demo set up! Played Strutter at 1080p... graphics were nice, definitely an upgrade. Guitar felt fine.

My co-worker who was with me has a PS2 with 3(!) Guitar Hero guitars, so obviously he is VERY into the game. He thought the gameplay felt the same, which is good.

This seemed to be a demo because it only had around 10 songs, and some of the screen transitions were a little choppy.

Just thought y'all would like to know GH 360 is out in the wild and CAN be experienced by the public.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Best Buy stores got their displays and should have set them up over the past weekend... I'm holding out for the real thing... only a few more days :(

Actually, my only real concern with the game is finding someone else who can kick hide at it in real life in order to get the co-op achievements...

[quote name='Brymo']Well at 2pm today, my order went from backordered to "on hold"

And I was charged last night when I bought it.

Any ideas?[/quote]

To me it seems that we are going to have to take a wait and see approach to this.

Dear Customer,
The term backordered just refers to your order's status as a pre-order.
>>
> I was curious if it saying backordered before its release means I am on a long list of back order....if so i'd like to know now, so i can see about other methods. If not, considering the date is approaching, when will you guys be shipping out? Thanks very much
>
>

RedOctane
Customer Support

at least they answered the main question. I thought it be great if maybe i'd get an exact date they'd send them out.

[quote name='theredworm']CC will have this with a free 1600 point marketplace card on April 3rd.[/QUOTE]

Woa, what?

if true, I will definitely be tempted.

[quote name='strdr4']Woa, what?

if true, I will definitely be tempted.[/QUOTE]

We got the ad with GH2 in it at my CC (I work there) yesterday. I was pretty pumped to see this deal.

[quote name='theredworm']CC will have this with a free 1600 point marketplace card on April 3rd.[/quote]

O SNAP, this certainly changes things. Now I don't know whether to cancel or not. $15 off $100 coupon makes it $85 or $92 with tax. Now it's a matter of deciding whether or not 1600 points is better than the free guitar case...

There's no dual guitar bundle that will be out in retail though, right? So aren't we saving money if we buy the bundle, since its $24 off, we could buy the 1600 point card with the money we save, right? I would think that the CC deal would only be tempting to those who only want one guitar...

EDIT: I guess I didn't take into account that the money you're saving is on the gig bag... So I guess it does depend on what you want more, the gig bag, or the point card.

[quote name='Jonathan360']Well mine today changed from backordered to on hold....I hope that's good and not bad....[/QUOTE]

Mine still shows it as backordered....

customer service told me if you look through the post history of mine that's another way of the website saying pre-order, its just doesn't use the lingo we'd all feel safe with. I work for a delivery company, so i damn well know how annoying shipping times are, so i'm usually in a rush to get my packages on time. I asked them to clarify and then did. I feel safe about getting my order on time now. I just hope since I am east coast that it ships sometime this week.

[quote name='flatliner718']customer service told me if you look through the post history of mine that's another way of the website saying pre-order, its just doesn't use the lingo we'd all feel safe with. I work for a delivery company, so i damn well know how annoying shipping times are, so i'm usually in a rush to get my packages on time. I asked them to clarify and then did. I feel safe about getting my order on time now. I just hope since I am east coast that it ships sometime this week.[/quote]

Well I feel bad saying this, but Red Octane is about 20 minutes from my house ;) Seriously. So I'm positive I'll get it within 1 day of them shipping which is awesome.

Also, the problem is I read your post. Mine doesn't say backordered anymore, it says on hold. So I don't know if it fits what the customer service rep said. I sure hope so though!

[quote name='Kendro']O SNAP, this certainly changes things. Now I don't know whether to cancel or not. $15 off $100 coupon makes it $85 or $92 with tax. Now it's a matter of deciding whether or not 1600 points is better than the free guitar case...[/quote]

Where did you find the $15 off 100 coupon? I see a $40 off 200....?:whistle2:s

If I can get GH2, 1600 points and filler for $85 i'll cancel with Red Octane and go to CC.

[quote name='$hady']Where did you find the $15 off 100 coupon? I see a $40 off 200....?:whistle2:s

If I can get GH2, 1600 points and filler for $85 i'll cancel with Red Octane and go to CC.[/quote]

My bad. I was thinking of the $15 off $150 coupon and it already expired. :oops:

[quote name='javeryh']Woman on Hard is freaking impossible. I can't even imagine Expert.[/QUOTE]

it's not THAT bad. :p what part do you fail on?

[quote name='Kendro']My bad. I was thinking of the $15 off $150 coupon and it already expired. :oops:[/quote]

lol that sucks but thanks for the update on the coupon I had looked all over for it. I'll stick with this 90 bundle with bag rather than 96 with the points.

[quote name='theredworm']We got the ad with GH2 in it at my CC (I work there) yesterday. I was pretty pumped to see this deal.[/quote]
Is it one per customer or it one per game, becuase me and my brother might each get one and then get something for $20 to use the $40 off $200. Would that work?

[quote name='tiredfornow']it's not THAT bad. :p what part do you fail on?[/quote]

It's the rapid three decending notes that get me - during a bridge I guess. I finally pased it though - barely...

[quote name='Strider2K99']I remember earlier there were coupon codes you could use on Red Octane's site to get a percentage off. Did those codes expire already?[/quote]

i believe those codes don't work on preorders. oh well. DUEL GIG BAG!

[quote name='npe34']i believe those codes don't work on preorders. oh well. DUEL GIG BAG![/quote]

Right, I knew that, but will they still be around when the game finally comes out is what I'm wondering?

Just for those who need a laugh, Game Stop has their own online preorder deal : Preorder the bundle, add the gig bag and get 20% off the bag! That's a $5 saving! Of course, you pay shipping on each item individually and there's a shipping surcharge on the bundle. With tax, it rings up at $139 for me. Hurry, this deal won't last long! :lol:

bread's done
Back