Guitar Hero 2 Xbox 360 - free shipping, no tax, free bag, RedOctane.com!

[quote name='Decker']Just for those who need a laugh, Game Stop has their own online preorder deal : Preorder the bundle, add the gig bag and get 20% off the bag! That's a $5 saving! Of course, you pay shipping on each item individually and there's a shipping surcharge on the bundle. With tax, it rings up at $139 for me. Hurry, this deal won't last long! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wow, they're not beyond clueless...

I'm on backordered status as well, my preorder was placed February 3rd.

I just placed my order a few days ago, it went from backordered to on hold.

I am on the west coast as well, I think that may have something to do with it.

[quote name='Brymo']I just placed my order a few days ago, it went from backordered to on hold.

I am on the west coast as well, I think that may have something to do with it.[/quote]

So are we getting a feeling of west coast bias?

[quote name='sweeper1303']So are we getting a feeling of west coast bias?[/quote]

Not so much,

I beleive they are based on the West Coast, so who knows why.

I'm in AZ and my status is currently "WAITING". It also lists a date right underneath that says 3/30/2007. I wonder if that means they're shipping it on Friday.

I don't understand why people in the western part of the country look like they're in better shape to get the game first. Shouldn't they be first focusing on the east coast, then the midwest and then the west coast? Then again, I guess no one really knows what the heck is going on :)

[quote name='MC Hampster']I'm in AZ and my status is currently "WAITING". It also lists a date right underneath that says 3/30/2007. I wonder if that means they're shipping it on Friday.[/quote]

That's good and bad.

If they ship on Friday, how will it make it by Tuesday on ground?

Or maybe they consider Wednesday the real release.

[quote name='MC Hampster']I'm in AZ and my status is currently "WAITING". It also lists a date right underneath that says 3/30/2007. I wonder if that means they're shipping it on Friday.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='zewone']Nope. Not a huge rock and roll fan, out of GH 1+2, I only liked about 5 songs.[/quote]
Not to bash you..but the same is called Guitar Hero. Most good songs with rocking Guitars licks are in Rock n Roll songs. But I understand if you just want to hold off for a few months and pick the game up for the hell of it.

[quote name='Brymo']That's good and bad.

If they ship on Friday, how will it make it by Tuesday on ground?

Or maybe they consider Wednesday the real release.[/quote]

If they are shipping from CA to AZ, it is only one state over. I would guess it would be here by Tuesday.

[quote name='MC Hampster']If they are shipping from CA to AZ, it is only one state over. I would guess it would be here by Tuesday.[/quote]

True.

My order, placed on 2/4/2007, is on backorder as well. I'm in the midwest (Michigan), and as far as I can tell, the date beneath the status of the order has been updated each of the last three days that I've logged in to check on it. Yesterday it was dated the 25th, and the day before it was the 24th.

*shrug*

I just want the game by the time it's available in stores ... I don't need it early, just on time.

[quote name='sweeper1303']did you go to http://www.redoctane.com/ordertracking.html to check your order or to the yahoo store link?

If it's the yahoo one mine shows up blank but on the Red Octane site it says back ordered there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It says waiting 3/30!! Hopefully it will get to san diego by tuesday

Seems strange to me that they'd be prepping to ship to the states closer to them first. This would be something they'd want to work from the east back. Perhaps "On hold" and "Waiting" is actualy a bump down in line since they could ship those out on Monday be there by Tuesday / Wednesday easily.

For the record, mine is still backordered, updated the 26th, and I'm in Michigan. Ordered on the 9th

Can we cancel these preorders? The CC deal with points is looking more and more tasty every time I check to see if I'm still backordered.

Someone said this same status thing went on with the PS2 release. Did people who ordered for the PS2 release actually not get it on time? Im going to be on vacation till the end of next week so its no big deal for me if its a couple extra days. BTW Im in WI and am "backordered?"

My PS2 version preorder (which showed backordered until shipping) shipped out on Tues 10/31 and I got it Mon 11/06. I ordered it almost as soon as they put it up on their site, though.
Hopefully tomorrow they'll start processing and shipping. We'll see...I too am tempted by the CC deal.

This is weird seeing that some are still showing backordered (mine in KY) while some close to them seem to be processing. I'm probably going to be off work next tuesday unless my schedule gets changed so I really want my game on release day when I actually have plenty of time to play it. This guessing game is why I never order from websites when I want it on day one.

CC deal is looking sweeter and sweeter (actually trying to PM it to Best Buy so I can earn RZ $). Now it's do I really want to wait and spend less to get the bag OR get it on release day for sure but spend $5 more and get the points.:whistle2:s

[quote name='derder']Can we cancel these preorders? The CC deal with points is looking more and more tasty every time I check to see if I'm still backordered.[/quote]

They SHOULD let you Cancel!!! Right?

[quote name='2&2']My PS2 version preorder (which showed backordered until shipping) shipped out on Tues 10/31 and I got it Mon 11/06. I ordered it almost as soon as they put it up on their site, though.
Hopefully tomorrow they'll start processing and shipping. We'll see...I too am tempted by the CC deal.[/quote]

Cool PS2 version came out November 7th, so you did get it early!

By what you are saying, it should Ship Today. By Friday if it hasn't shipped, I think I am gonna CANCEL!

Is a couple of days going to make that a big difference? I honestly don't care when I get it as long as it comes within the first week to 10 days of retail release. Also, I think some of you are nuts - 1600 MS points is cool but I'd take that guitar case any day!

[quote name='javeryh']1600 MS points is cool but I'd take that guitar case any day![/QUOTE]

Same here. I can wait an extra couple days if I have to.

There's going to be a flood of new songs to download online, so us gentleman with the 1600 points will be sitting pretty. I dont plan on sitting on a train with my XBox 360 Guitar Hero Guitar, so no need for a case. It's gonna sit in the corner of my room. :bouncy:

And in the end, you can always buy it at retail if this one hasn't shown up and return the sealed up when it arrives at your door.

My status now says "released" whatever the heck that means.

[quote name='sweeper1303']Mine changed to released. I'm in NY anyone else with this? But I'm hoping that this is a postive. I ordered 3/9[/quote]

Same here. They will probably ship them out earlier to East Coasters since it takes longer to get here.

Fairly certain that the "authorization in transit" messages refer to credit/debit cards being charged. "Released" likely implies that the payment has been confirmed and that the order has been released to the warehouse for shipping.

Again, I'm only guessing, but they seem like the most likely explainations.

Anyone in California have any status change yet? Mine is still "On Hold" (ordered 3/9), but I'm thinking that they hold shipping for the west coast to synchronize with all the other orders; i believe RedOctane is located in CA.

bread's done
Back