Guitar Hero 2 Xbox 360 - free shipping, no tax, free bag, RedOctane.com!

[quote name='lowlevel']Fairly certain that the "authorization in transit" messages refer to credit/debit cards being charged. "Released" likely implies that the payment has been confirmed and that the order has been released to the warehouse for shipping.

Again, I'm only guessing, but they seem like the most likely explainations.[/quote]That's kinda what I figured too. I'd like to have a talk with whomever setup this system's vocabulary, though. ;)

Mine's still at released, ordered 3/9. Shipping to Michigan.

[quote name='Secret Turtle']There's going to be a flood of new songs to download online, so us gentleman with the 1600 points will be sitting pretty. I dont plan on sitting on a train with my XBox 360 Guitar Hero Guitar, so no need for a case. It's gonna sit in the corner of my room. :bouncy:[/quote]

Touché. That's a good point. Is there going to be DLC on Day 1?

[quote name='Secret Turtle']There's going to be a flood of new songs to download online, so us gentleman with the 1600 points will be sitting pretty. I dont plan on sitting on a train with my XBox 360 Guitar Hero Guitar, so no need for a case. It's gonna sit in the corner of my room. :bouncy:[/quote]

I STILL have almost $40 worth of MS points left over from the Best Buy Gears of War pre-order deal with BB last year, so points aren't as much of a concern for me. Also, my friend and I will be travelling back and forth between houses to get the co-op achievements (no online co-op), so I figured the bag is worth more to me.

That 1600 point deal is pretty sweet though if you want the points.

Oh, and mine still says "Waiting" with a date of 3/20. I'm going to contact my wife later to see if we have an online account for this CC to see if it has been charged yet.

It was confirmed that on DAY 1 there will be an additional 10 or 12 songs available to download. Nothing is known right now... but there's rumors it will be Guitar Hero 1 songs and I already heard HALO THEME will be one of them!!

Aw, yeah. My CC has now been charged, and my status is "Warehouse". Too bad my 360 broke on Sunday. I gotta buy a new one before this gets here!

I ordered 3/19, mine changed to "RELEASED", but I sent an email to cancel because I'd rather have the MS points + a $10 game for the same price at CC using the $15 off $100 coupon.

My status just changed from Clearing: Authorization in Transit'
to 'warehouse' about 15 min. ago. Hopefully it's about to ship! :)

Sweet, same here. If they ship these out by today or tomorrow, it is possible many will get the game by this Friday and it is guaranteed that everyone will get it by Monday, 4/2/2007, one day before release.

This will show up at my house (next) Tuesday evening, I know it. I have a class on Tuesday nights, then rollerderby practice, and then Wednesday morning I'm leaving around 5AM to drive to Chicago until Sunday 4/8. Hah!

CA shipments usually take 5 business days to reach me on the east coast. So if mine shiped today then i will prob get it next tuesday.

I have a circuit city credit card that I'm currently making payments on. Anyway, each month they send me some sort of coupon, not to mention the number of coupons that I receive via e-mail. This month the coupon I received was for $15 off my next purchase of $100. Hopefully I can use that coupon in conjunction with the GH2 + 1600 marketplace points deal. Obviously assuming I purchase something to get it to over $100.

So, people out there, you might want to see if anyone you know has one of these coupons, or you can always check e-bay. Sometimes they sell them for pretty cheap.

I just ordered one of the single guitar + game packs right now. I hope somehow it miraculously goes to the warehouse while I am at work. You can't go wrong with no tax + free shipping + free guitar bag.

Mine says shipped by the free shipping and warehouse by the top 3 lines.Ordered the single guitar version.

:D

warehouse
3/27/2007 11:39:00 AM

shipped
3/27/2007 12:45:00 PM

I just ordered last night (single bundle) and it says "Shipped" in the Free Ground Shipping area. All the other items say "Warehouse" though, so I'm not sure what's going on with my order.

I'm in Michigan, btw.

hmm, it still looks like they've only shipped out the midwest and east coast orders so far...hopefully we'll get a west coast update soon

[quote name='mugginns']What's weird is I definitely used the free shipping code but its not showing on my order status page.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I don't have the 'Free Ground Shipping' area that other people are describing, but I definitely used free shipping. I wonder if it's something new they implemented after I placed my order?

I don't have the free shipping either and it's not on there. I wouldn't worry about it. If they overcharge, I'm sure they'll refund you.

Mine still says warehouse. Stupid not shipped yet thing. ;)

[quote name='daroga']I don't have the free shipping either and it's not on there. I wouldn't worry about it. If they overcharge, I'm sure they'll refund you.

Mine still says warehouse. Stupid not shipped yet thing. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not really worried up about it. But I am getting anxious.

C'mon, Red Octane... It's been 5 1/2 hrs! Ship it out of the warehouse already! :)

im in virginia and mine is still saying warehouse, even though i have been charged, i would love to get this thing before the weekend.

So have those of you who have the "shipped" status received an e-mail confirmation yet? Just wondering because I remember reading on their website that they would send an e-mail.

Order 42107 received on 3/14/2007 1:37:00 PM:

Guitar Hero II Xbox 360 Single Player Bundle (Game+Guitar1
warehouse
3/27/2007 11:21:00 AM

not available

Guitar Hero II Xbox 360 Single Player Bundle (Game+Guitar)
warehouse
not available
Guitar Hero Dual Guitar Gig Bag
warehouse

not available

Free Ground Shipping
shipped
3/27/2007 12:44:00 PM

not available

I'm on the east coast. The not available column was under tracking #

I don't think actual order is shipped unless you see shipped status for that particular item. They are showing Free Shipping as a separate item, which, normally, nobody does. It's free shipiping, they don't have to do anything other than ship actual item free. So system is just updating status of item "Free Shipping". Items aren't shipped unless you get shipped status for each item. Just a guess.

bread's done
Back