Guitar Hero 2 Xbox 360 - free shipping, no tax, free bag, RedOctane.com!

Wait, I'm confused now. Has anyone in the West reigon had their package sent to warehouse or shipped yet? Mine is still on hold and I'll be pissed if people who ordered today get their stuff before me.

[quote name='jhamkudi']Track your order at: http://www.redoctane.com/ordertracking.html[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Nevermind I see what you meant. But it's a little confusing...

1 ROP050 Guitar Hero II™ Xbox 360™ Single Player Bundle (Game+Guitar 1 warehouse
3/27/2007 11:35:00 AM not available

3 GH2BUNDLE-X0 Guitar Hero II™ Xbox 360 Single Player Bundle (Game+Guitar)
(Bundled with ROP050) 1 warehouse

4 PSLGH2-BAG Guitar Hero Dual Guitar Gig Bag
(Bundled with ROP050) 1 warehouse

2 ghiixfreeship Free Ground Shipping 1 shipped
3/27/2007 12:45:00 PM not available

I hope I didn't accidentally order 2 games!!!

I ordered mine on 2/8, on the east coast, and still says "warehouse" 10:40 AM.

Fwiw, my previous PS2 pre-order said shipped on 10/31 (a Tuesday) @ 6:54 pm (a Tuesday), and the email confirmation didn't arrive until the next day.

I'm hoping it'll be shipped to arrive monday, but I'm not getting my hopes up, and planning for Tuesday.

[quote name='Decker']Wait, I'm confused now. Has anyone in the West reigon had their package sent to warehouse or shipped yet? Mine is still on hold and I'll be pissed if people who ordered today get their stuff before me.[/quote]

Nope, probably tomorrow.

[quote name='Decker']Wait, I'm confused now. Has anyone in the West reigon had their package sent to warehouse or shipped yet? Mine is still on hold and I'll be pissed if people who ordered today get their stuff before me.[/quote]Probably not, but remember that it's going to take UPS ground a solid week to get out here. Whereas on the West Coast it'll take 1-2 days.

Just got this in the mail:

10% off everything in the redoctane.com store:

m1033107

15% off $100 or more:

m1533107

Coupons are only good until the 31st (gee thanks for the warning!) and won't work on pre-orders (what, that sucks what about GHII 360 wah).
I don't think these stack--shipping kills for me and I can't really buy from them direct.

Yeah yeah, it won't work on the 360, but I don't want to create a whole new thread just for a 3 day sale.

[quote name='gunm']Just got this in the mail:

10% off everything in the redoctane.com store:

m1033107

15% off $100 or more:

m1533107

Coupons are only good until the 31st (gee thanks for the warning!) and won't work on pre-orders (what, that sucks what about GHII 360 wah).
I don't think these stack--shipping kills for me and I can't really buy from them direct.

Yeah yeah, it won't work on the 360, but I don't want to create a whole new thread just for a 3 day sale.[/QUOTE]

WHEW. I literally just ordered the single package 30 seconds before I read your post! I almost flipped when I saw the coupon codes, until i saw no 360.

Thanks CAG for the deal...free ship+free gig bag is great.

I returned a call to the red octane store today because they said there was something wrong with my credit card. I asked if I would get it this week and he laughed. He just said they were trying to get these out as fast as possible.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I returned a call to the red octane store today because they said there was something wrong with my credit card. I asked if I would get it this week and he laughed. He just said they were trying to get these out as fast as possible.[/quote]

He literally laughed at you and then moved on? :lol:

In all seriousness, I hope you DO get it this week...

West Coast update:

My status is waiting/waiting/waiting/waiting

I'm hoping to wake up and see a "shipped" notice

same with me it says waiting, then under it has a date of 3/30/07. Is that the wit unitl it will ship out? I placed my order back on the 9th.

I'm west coast

my assumption is that the east coasters are starting to ship now since it will take them longer to get their copies.

It is red octanes way of making sure everyone gets there copies on time. they send out the east coasters a few days ahead of time to make up for the shipping difference.

[quote name='zewone']$90 for one game is still not something I'm comfortable with. I'll have to wait for a better deal, but good looking out.[/quote]It is quite ridiculous but that's how much I ended up paying for Guitar Hero 2 on PS2 and it was worth it.

[quote name='Decker']Wait, I'm confused now. Has anyone in the West reigon had their package sent to warehouse or shipped yet? Mine is still on hold and I'll be pissed if people who ordered today get their stuff before me.[/QUOTE]

My status is "waiting" on everything... I ordered 2/04/07

[quote name='bruin'](on the east coast)

Mine has said "warehouse" since earlier today. When is it gonna ship?[/quote]Probably today like everyone else's. I don't think anyone has had the actual game ship, only more recent orders have "free shipping" as a line item and that has shipped.

[quote name='SuperJedi']I am gonna Cancel if I don't have it shipping by Friday!!![/QUOTE]

Why? The official release date is the 3rd and that's just the ship date. Most stores won't even have it in stock until a day or two later.

Nobody said we're supposed to get it before then.

If they handle it like GH2 they should be shipping them to stores in advance so they can sit on them until Tuesday. Actually, all three retailers have it advertised as available in store on the third per Speedy's ads.

[quote name='norkusa']Why? The official release date is the 3rd and that's just the ship date. Most stores won't even have it in stock until a day or two later.

Nobody said we're supposed to get it before then.[/quote]
Because stores like CC WILL have it on Tuesday if that's what the AD says

As long as I get it by the end of next week I'll be happy

wait a couple days extra and get free guitar bag > getting the game on release day without anything extra

[quote name='SuperJedi']Because stores like CC WILL have it on Tuesday if that's what the AD says[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that then. Judging by past deals like this they've had, CC will probably just have 3-4 copies to sell and give you a rain check for when they re-stock 2 weeks later.

Just take your chances with RO, unless you REALLY want that points card instead of a bag.

[quote name='Mojimbo']If they handle it like GH2 they should be shipping them to stores in advance so they can sit on them until Tuesday. Actually, all three retailers have it advertised as available in store on the third per Speedy's ads.[/quote]

I work for DHL, and they're shipping them to the toysrus's and they got red octane listed on the boxes, and do not shelve till 4/3/07 on it.....so yea.......they're sitting on them starting today. At least toys r us is

CC had the GHII Ps2 bundles like a week early also. I remember my local one had them out for sale but didn't have the free promo's they were going to give out the week of release.

[quote name='JOHNNEY5']
backordered¹

3/26/2007 4:50:00 PM
[/quote]
warehouse
3/27/2007 11:20:00 AM

Those who are worried probably shouldn't be, mine changed to warehouse and it was ordered pretty recently, about 3 weeks ago i'd say.

I'm on the east coast too.

Oh yeah, is this :hot: the redoctaine emoticon?

[quote name='Brymo']I been on backorder, then to On Hold, now waiting.[/QUOTE]

I've just been waiting, the whole time. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Mine was said warehouse for days now... the bottom line still says shipped, but it's getting annoying not having a shipment confirmation. I'm really tempted to go try to just grab it from CC.

Mine doesn't even tell me what the status is on the tracking page. Then again, I just ordered it yesterday. If I don't get a better idea of where I stand by tomorrow I'm just going to get it in-store.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Mine was said warehouse for days now... the bottom line still says shipped, but it's getting annoying not having a shipment confirmation. I'm really tempted to go try to just grab it from CC.[/quote]

Yeah, if they haven't shipped it by now, there's no chance those of us on the East Coast get it by release day.

[quote name='jedilips']Yeah, if they haven't shipped it by now, there's no chance those of us on the East Coast get it by release day.[/QUOTE]

I've just sent an e-mail asking when it will ship, and requesting a cancellation if they don't think it will arrive by Tuesday.

[quote name='daroga']Here's hoping we'll get an update today and find out they've been on their way for a day or two already. :p[/quote]

Yeah, that'd be nice.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I've just sent an e-mail asking when it will ship, and requesting a cancellation if they don't think it will arrive by Tuesday.[/quote]

why does it matter, is the game not gonna be as good if it gets to your house a couple of days late? Just calm down guys, it gets here when it gets here.

[quote name='InuFaye']why does it matter, is the game not gonna be as good if it gets to your house a couple of days late? Just calm down guys, it gets here when it gets here.[/QUOTE]

That's where I stand but at the same time, I don't live close to a CC or I'd consider ditching the guitar bag for the XBL points. It costs me 10 or 12 dollars in gas to get to CC, thus negating the benefit of the free points.

Hasn't anyone read this on their website:

Availability: [FONT=arial, helvetica]Pre-Order: [FONT=arial, helvetica]This item will ship 4/3/2007
You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.[/FONT][/FONT]

[quote name='InuFaye']why does it matter, is the game not gonna be as good if it gets to your house a couple of days late? Just calm down guys, it gets here when it gets here.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. You also are not going to be able to cancel something that's already shipped. If the poster wants to return it, I'm guessing he's going to pay shipping costs back, by which point you're better off living with it arriving 24-48 hours later :)

woooo! I'm shipped!!

edit: just checked the tracking-they sent shipping info on the 27th and it actually shipped on the 28th. Scheduled delivery: 4/3

Just so's ya know. . .I'm an east-coaster (Florida) so that's good news for you other east coast peeps hoping it'll arrive on time.

bread's done
Back