Guitar Hero 2 Xbox 360 - free shipping, no tax, free bag, RedOctane.com!

[quote name='moonphrogg']woooo! I'm shipped!!

edit: just checked the tracking-they sent shipping info on the 27th and it actually shipped on the 28th. Scheduled delivery: 4/3

Just so's ya know. . .I'm an east-coaster (Florida) so that's good news for you other east coast peeps hoping it'll arrive on time.[/QUOTE]

Another east coast here and I've got 4/4 as my delivery date :(

[quote name='daroga']4/3 for me in Michigan. Though it was "rescheduled" for that. Not sure why.[/QUOTE]

I'm also in Michigan and got the "rescheduled" thing too. Don't know what that's all about but as long as I get it on 4/3 (like tracking says), I'll be happy.

North Carolina checking in. "Rescheduled" for 4/3 for me as well. It would be nice if the delivery was even quicker, but as long as I get it on launch day, I'll be happy.

Anyone else taking a "leap of faith" with this game? I'm pretty much dropping $90 on a franchise that I've never played before but the combination of free shipping, no tax, and free guitar bag along with the stellar reviews from CAGs made me take the plunge. I plan on keeping the cardboard box that it shipped in just in case I end up hating it so I can ship it easily as trade fodder.

[quote name='Kendro']Anyone else taking a "leap of faith" with this game? I'm pretty much dropping $90 on a franchise that I've never played before but the combination of free shipping, no tax, and free guitar bag along with the stellar reviews from CAGs made me take the plunge. I plan on keeping the cardboard box that it shipped in just in case I end up hating it so I can ship it easily as trade fodder.[/quote]

I played the first one on ps3 for about 30 minutes and had a blast. So I am going out on a limb a bit I suppose.

[quote name='mr ryles']still

waiting
3/30/2007

guessing on 3/30 it will ship[/QUOTE]

I'm still "waiting" as well. We're in the west, though, so I'm sure it'll ship tomorrow (Friday) for a delivery on Tuesday.

didnt i tell you guys to calm down and that everything would be alright? and other guy that was freaking out that he was 4/4, im also listed as 4/4 and ima east coaster. So all is well, i promise the game is going to be just as kick ass if it is a day late.

I was wondering...is it possible that the 360 guitar controller can be used on a PC to play Frets On Fire (homebrew GH clone). I was just about to buy a PS2->USB adapter for my PS2 guitar, but if the 360 guitar will work without one....

[quote name='InuFaye']didnt i tell you guys to calm down and that everything would be alright? and other guy that was freaking out that he was 4/4, im also listed as 4/4 and ima east coaster. So all is well, i promise the game is going to be just as kick ass if it is a day late.[/QUOTE]

Edit: I wrote out a response pointing out how utterly misguided your assumptions of 'freaking out' were, but then decided it really wasn't worth it.

To everyone else: I'm ready for some GH II playing.

[quote name='norkusa']I was wondering...is it possible that the 360 guitar controller can be used on a PC to play Frets On Fire (homebrew GH clone). I was just about to buy a PS2->USB adapter for my PS2 guitar, but if the 360 guitar will work without one....[/QUOTE]

Where did you get a USB adapter from. I'm wondering if it would work with the 360. It'd be great to use my PS2 guitar as a 2nd guitar controller for the 360.

[quote name='raybert']Where did you get a USB adapter from. I'm wondering if it would work with the 360. It'd be great to use my PS2 guitar as a 2nd guitar controller for the 360.[/QUOTE]

I know that I've seen them on Ebay from time to time... and I do wonder whether the Ps2 controller could be used that way on the 360.

[quote name='norkusa']I was wondering...is it possible that the 360 guitar controller can be used on a PC to play Frets On Fire (homebrew GH clone). I was just about to buy a PS2->USB adapter for my PS2 guitar, but if the 360 guitar will work without one....[/quote]That's something I'm very interested in knowing as well. I'm guessing that, even if it doesn't initally, someone will hack together a driver for it to work. That would be a lot of fun. :)

Maryland, 4/3. So we'll have it one day before the rest of the world. Pretty cool. The leaderboards will only be us. :)

[quote name='mkelehan']Maryland, 4/3. So we'll have it one day before the rest of the world. Pretty cool. The leaderboards will only be us. :)[/QUOTE]

The game is street dated for the 3rd, so you'll have it the same day as anyone that walks into a local store would have it ;)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Edit: I wrote out a response pointing out how utterly misguided your assumptions of 'freaking out' were, but then decided it really wasn't worth it.

To everyone else: I'm ready for some GH II playing.[/quote]

FWIW, I'd be raising holy hell (think "300") if I got my GH one day later than everybody else. If me and my buddies order a pizza pie, I don't want the smallest slice dammit.

[quote name='raybert']Where did you get a USB adapter from. I'm wondering if it would work with the 360. It'd be great to use my PS2 guitar as a 2nd guitar controller for the 360.[/QUOTE]

So far, this is the only adapter that will let you use PS2 controllers on a 360 (a PS2->USB adapter won't work on the 360 because of the lockout technology). It's $80 and you'll also need a wired 360 controller to plug into the adapter:

http://www.xcm.cc/xcm_xfps_360.htm

I thought about getting this so I could use my Cobalt Flux pad on DDR Universe, but there are a lot of mixed testimonials on this adapter, so I'm not sure how well it'd work.

If you're just looking for a PS2->USB adapter so you can play Frets On Fire, Radio Shack sells one for $10 but I can't get the one I have to be recognized on both the PC and Mac versions of FOF.

Maybe they're staggering the shipments geographically so no-one gets it extremely early... still doesn't explain the Apr. 3 vs Apr. 4 discrepancy on the East Coast though.

[quote name='Roufuss']Believe me, it's worth it though. I don't think there has ever been a B&M deal on Guitar Hero 1 and 2 with the guitar, and I expect the 360 one to sell just as well.
[/quote]
For a while Wal-mart had Guitar Hero 1 on sale for 50 almost a year ago if I remember right. That was when my brother got it. So it's not impossible if you're patient

[quote name='Yertle']For a while Wal-mart had Guitar Hero 1 on sale for 50 almost a year ago if I remember right. That was when my brother got it. So it's not impossible if you're patient[/QUOTE]

I got Guitar Hero 1 at a Wal=mart right before 2 came out for $25. The store clearanced it out and it was a one time YMMV WM mark down.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'm going to be irked if I'm the only one on the East Coast w/ a delivery date of 4/4... mine was rescheduled to that, FWIW....[/quote]

Tottally Misguided you say? I think not, this statement combined with the statement that if you didnt have it on the 3rd you wanted to cancel it. That seems a little extreme bro.

I mean you are getting free shipping for this game, a free gig bag and no tax. Shipping on most of these things is around 10 bucks, gig bags are selling for around 20 and sales tax in virginia would be around 4.50.

In essence you are getting a 125 dollar value. Im pretty sure waiting an extra day wouldnt hurt, and redoctane gets a bigger chunk of the profit since there is no retailer to sell this package.

It's available for $76 from some store called Family Video in another thread. I mean you'll definitely get it from Red Octane so there's some risk, but I took a shot at the lower price.

I broke down and started playing the ps2 version, I've been holding off on playing it for the last 2 months waiting for the 360 version to come out, but all this anticipation mad me play it.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'm going to be irked if I'm the only one on the East Coast w/ a delivery date of 4/4... mine was rescheduled to that, FWIW....[/quote]You're not, mine was 'rescheduled' for 4/4 as well. It's only 1 day though, nothing worth going nuts over. At least this way it doesn't arrive the same day as the Shield premieres. :bouncy:

My status still is at "warehouse" for all three, and hasn't been updated since the day I placed the order three days ago. I'm screwed, aren't I?

[quote name='EV1L ER1C']My status still is at "warehouse" for all three, and hasn't been updated since the day I placed the order three days ago. I'm screwed, aren't I?[/QUOTE]

If you're west coast, no.

[quote name='modium']You're not, mine was 'rescheduled' for 4/4 as well. It's only 1 day though, nothing worth going nuts over. At least this way it doesn't arrive the same day as the Shield premieres. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

....Hence the reason I'm ~not~ going nuts over it?

bread's done
Back