Guitar Hero 2 Xbox 360 - free shipping, no tax, free bag, RedOctane.com!

[quote name='mr ryles']west coast is getting shafted here it looks like. Everyone on the east coast has already had theirs shipped and told they will have it by 4/3 or 4/4. West coast we don't even now if they have been shipped yet.[/quote]

I'm on the West Coast, in Davis, CA... mine is shipped as of 1:50pm. should be here tomorrow, no detailed tracking yet.

YAY!

[quote name='mr ryles']west coast is getting shafted here it looks like. Everyone on the east coast has already had theirs shipped and told they will have it by 4/3 or 4/4. West coast we don't even now if they have been shipped yet.[/quote]

I'm 20 minutes or less from RedOctane here in the Bay Area in California, and mine is not shipped yet. I'm not happy.

given that I live a state over in Nevada, Even if it gets shipped out tomorrow at the latest add on probably 3 days for shipping, it is looking like I won't be getting until the end of the week. Unless redoctane used express or overnight shipping, which I doubt considering the shipping was free, it is probably basic ground 3-5 day shipping.

As I am not getting anywhere with their email representative, and it appears my emails are just going to be ignored from now on, I called and left a message with their customer service. I don't expect to be heard back from.

I am a member of another XBox Live board and someone on there living in AZ got theirs today. Who the heck knows what is going on with this ridiculous pre-order...

[quote name='MC Hampster']Exactly. All of their promises on their web page about "being the first" to receive the item were bogus. It appears as if they won't even be SHIPPING my item until the release date. Who knows when I'll get it.

I've had a few emails exchanged, and they like to point out that the page says on or after the release date. But I pointed out to them that it also states it will be shipped "as early as possible" and also that I would be one of the first to receive the product. Neither is obviously true as people who have ordered AFTER me are getting their product shipped before me.

I reailze that it is only a few days, but one of the reasons I pre-ordered from them was to get it as soon as possible (and the gig bag). Now it appears that I would have had better luck just walking in to a store and picking one up.

Very disappointing. I won't be ordering directly from their web site anymore.[/quote]

This is absolute bull! The free shipping has shipped on mine...everything else has been in warehouse for a WEEK. I will never do business with them directly again. They totally blew this pre-order. They made it sound like we were getting it a day before the release day, or at least on Tuesday. You have to hunt on their website to even get a phone number, and when you call your just told to email them. What a bunch of crap. I emailed them 5 days ago and still have got no response.

Piss poor customer service!

[quote name='wdwpsu']Those that have received it. Is it in a box, or did the put the mailing label on the box.[/quote]

Unless RedOctane is incredibly cheap, I'd say they put it into another box. I'd be surprised they shipped it in the original box like that. I don't think it'd be able to handle the travel.

[quote name='javeryh']Mine arrived in Secaucus this morning at 11:39 AM. According to the UPS site it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow - I'm sure it's wishful thinking that it's waiting for me at home right now... Tomorrow should be fun though!![/quote]

looks like our guitar heroes are travelling together. mine also arrived in Secaucus around that time this morning.

west coaster here, and i just checked, and my status was very recently updated (5:45pm PST) to "shipped". The UPS page says "Shipped or Billed on: 3/30/07", so i'm hoping that the tracking info is just lagging and it'll be there when i get home, but somehow i doubt that will happen.

[quote name='trunksx34']west coaster here, and i just checked, and my status was very recently updated (5:45pm PST) to "shipped". The UPS page says "Shipped or Billed on: 3/30/07", so i'm hoping that the tracking info is just lagging and it'll be there when i get home, but somehow i doubt that will happen.[/quote]

To clarify your post some, I've had many items say that, usually a company will elctronicaly notify UPS of the item, but until UPS gets it, it could be extra time for your shipment to arrive. So it could simply mean UPS was contacted on the 30th, but they may not have it yet due to RedOctane not getting it to them.

[quote name='trunksx34']west coaster here, and i just checked, and my status was very recently updated (5:45pm PST) to "shipped". The UPS page says "Shipped or Billed on: 3/30/07", so i'm hoping that the tracking info is just lagging and it'll be there when i get home, but somehow i doubt that will happen.[/quote]

Same thing just happened to me. So if your's was wherehoused on a certain date, there is a good chance it got shipped that day.

Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. If I do then I will feel much better about Red Octane and their slow updating site.

[quote name='Yoda-JM']Same thing just happened to me. So if your's was wherehoused on a certain date, there is a good chance it got shipped that day.

Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. If I do then I will feel much better about Red Octane and their slow updating site.[/quote]

Just checked mine and it's updated too. I double checked everything, so right now I'd say UPS does NOT have our packages yet. It says billing information received. I would assume for those in my area, UPS will pick-up sometime today/tonight and we'll get it tomorrow. Basically what happened is RedOctane let UPS know about the packages yesterday, but has not gotten the packages to UPS just yet.

Cerritos,
Ca, Us 03/30/2007 10:14 P.m. Departure Scan
03/30/2007 8:39 P.m. Origin Scan Us 03/30/2007 4:09 P.m. Billing Information Received

So really it did get shipped on Friday.

My schedule delivery is Wednesday!

Better than Friday!

[quote name='Roufuss']Probably the best deal you'll see on this in a long time. You can save anywhere from $6 - $8 since it's tax free (I guess unless you live where RedOctane is), free shipping!, AND a free guitar bag!!! Wow!!!

http://www.redoctane.com/gh-xbox360.html

They don't charge you until they ship, either... thanks Ryles![/QUOTE]

I made the order and it's NOT TAX FREE if you live in CA at least.

[quote name='Collectordragon']I made the order and it's NOT TAX FREE if you live in CA at least.[/quote]

Yep, I got charged 8.5% tax.....so that sucked. Amazon wouldn't have charged tax. So the price I paid for tax, I paid for the gig bag

Yeah, same here. What is really strange is the sequence of scans:

CERRITOS,CA, US 04/01/2007 10:31 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
PHOENIX, AZ, US 04/01/2007 10:19 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
CERRITOS, CA, US 03/30/2007 8:30 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 03/30/2007 4:09 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

The departure scan from CA is after the arrival scan in Phoenix. Weird.

Due date for delivery is tomorrow though, so I'm much happier now. This whole thing could have been avoided if A) they updated their web site when things actually happen and B) give their customer service people more updated information so they can let people know what is going on with their order.

Just checked my order status and it said shipped for all items and had a tracking number. So I clicked on it and it shows that it was delivered to my place at 1:00pm today! (I'm in Las Vegas)
So I guess the main knock against Red Octane is just the poor communication. They never did reply to my inquiry I sent last Thursday...

Here's my tracking info:

LAS VEGAS,
NV, US 04/02/2007 12:58 P.M. DELIVERY
04/02/2007 5:11 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
04/02/2007 4:56 A.M. DESTINATION SCAN LAS VEGAS,
NV, US 03/31/2007 8:17 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN ONTARIO,
CA, US 03/31/2007 4:00 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
03/31/2007 12:52 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN CERRITOS,
CA, US 03/30/2007 11:52 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
03/30/2007 8:26 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN US 03/30/2007 4:09 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

[quote name='Collectordragon']I made the order and it's NOT TAX FREE if you live in CA at least.[/quote]

It was realized pretty early on in the thread that there was tax for CA. Also when you pay for it, it clearly lists the tax.

Also less than $8 is still a good price for the bag compared to no tax at Amazon.

So just to recap, if it still says "warehouse" on your order, as mine has since March 27th,and still does, then it hasn't shipped, right? I'm in Pittsburgh, PA, so that means I'm fucked for tomorrow, right? I ordered on the 16th...Then again, if it comes tomorrow, oh well, as I've got a Pens game to go to (gunnin for 1st place baby!)...I'll just be pissed if it really hasn't shipped yet...

Mine came today to Las Vegas as well! Still shows as Warehouse in order status. Came in a big brown box. Keep hope alive people! :)

[quote name='Decker']Mine came today to Las Vegas as well! Still shows as Warehouse in order status. Came in a big brown box. Keep hope alive people! :)[/quote]

Okay, maybe there is hope then. Perhaps someone there isn't updating order status for a whole shitload of people...:bomb:

Awesome, apparently mine too was shipped on the 30th and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! Two hours ago it just said warehouse.

Eh, mine won't get here till Friday. Check out the new commercial...
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erVt0ozPRN0[/MEDIA]

[quote name='CrimGhost']Eh, mine won't get here till Friday. Check out the new commercial...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erVt0ozPRN0[/quote]

Yeah, I been making avas from it lol

here is one, under 120k

3yg9u6f.gif

I wonder if they could put up the GHII commercial up on the Marketplace in HD?

In any event, I should get it tomorrow, like many others here. Bad thing is that it's going to have to sit out there for a bit as I have another engagement that I need to attend to. I live in a pretty friendly neighborhood, though, so I'm not too worried about someone stealing it.

Mine was rescheduled for 4/4, which is fine, but i just checked and it was re-rescheduled to 4/3 :) Im happy, my GH. Hope it's worth the money.

So mine left Chicago earlier in the night to here, so I should get my GH2 & the gig bag later today. I want to play the shit out of it (especially The Trooper), but I think I'll be spending my time doing math hw :( .

Yay! UPS updated the info and it's a couple miles from my house and will be delivered today 4/3!

The good thing is I'm not too far away from Cerritos, they didn't actually ship mine till yesterday 4/2.

So did anyone get it yesterday? Did they repack it into a big ass box or just slap a label on it? I'm assuming and hoping they repacked it but between that and my luck with roughed up UPS shipments lately I decided to hold off on a Circuit City buy then return this copy bait and switch when they became available here saturday. Mine will be here around noon today so it's all good. :)

[quote name='heavy liquid']Mine is "Out For Delivery"! :)[/quote]

Same, what a good day. As soon as I get done delivering a stressful presentation on far right movements in France I get to come home and relax with some GHII.

Does anybody think at 10:00 AM today Circuit City will go from "Not available for In Store Pickup" to being available? And if this is doesnt happen should I just swallow my pride and wait on it to be delivered?

[quote name='$hady']So did anyone get it yesterday? Did they repack it into a big ass box or just slap a label on it? I'm assuming and hoping they repacked it but between that and my luck with roughed up UPS shipments lately I decided to hold off on a Circuit City buy then return this copy bait and switch when they became available here saturday. Mine will be here around noon today so it's all good. :)[/QUOTE]
As I already posted, it came in a big brown box. The GH2 game is intact in it's normal box and the gig bag is layed on top of that with no boxing except the outside one. Your plan shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='Decker']As I already posted, it came in a big brown box. The GH2 game is intact in it's normal box and the gig bag is layed on top of that with no boxing except the outside one. Your plan shouldn't be a problem.[/QUOTE]

Did you have to sign for the game, or did they leave it for you? I'm not going to be home when they deliver it.

[quote name='heavy liquid']Did you have to sign for the game, or did they leave it for you? I'm not going to be home when they deliver it.[/QUOTE]
Nope, just an enormous box left on my doorstep yesterday. Fortunately I live in a pretty honest neighborhood :)

[quote name='Decker']Nope, just an enormous box left on my doorstep yesterday. Fortunately I live in a pretty honest neighborhood :)[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks! That's what I was hoping.

Mine's sitting at my door. Free gig bag and return to CC here we come!

Quick question, if I try to price adjust to get the free points and then return the game to CC, do I have to return the points card as well?

[quote name='daroga']Quick question, if I try to price adjust to get the free points and then return the game to CC, do I have to return the points card as well?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you'll have to give them the points card if you return the game. Or else you can keep it, but they'll charge you for it when you get your money for the game back.

[quote name='daroga']Mine's sitting at my door. Free gig bag and return to CC here we come!

Quick question, if I try to price adjust to get the free points and then return the game to CC, do I have to return the points card as well?[/quote]
Absolutely...

bread's done
Back