Guitar Hero 2 Xbox 360 - free shipping, no tax, free bag, RedOctane.com!

[quote name='Mindzeye82']What bullshit! UPS is showing that its not out for delivery! I hope this is just a delay in the tracking system.[/QUOTE]

UPS changed my status from "Out For Delivery" to "Arrival Scan". :(

[quote name='norkusa']Yeah, you'll have to give them the points card if you return the game. Or else you can keep it, but they'll charge you for it when you get your money for the game back.[/quote]That's what I figured. Oh well :) Tiem for a simple return then.

That UPS zipcode finder that someone posted earlier was very useful. Sucks though that in Oregon it's an extra day from cali.

Going out of town in a few days and wanted some time to play this before I left. But if I don't get it until Wednesday it kills my time for playing since I'll have to pack and all.

I never get my Fed Ex or UPS until like 5-7 at night anytime I've ever gotten a package. It's so strange cause it's been a few different houses around town I've lived in but I'm always at the back of the truck.

Got mine a short while ago. It was shipped in a box slightly larger than the GHII box itself. The guitar case didn't come in a box and was placed right on top of the GHII box. I'm definitely saving the box since it is the perfect size in case you want to ship it due to a trade or sale.

Mine is still on Scheduled Delivery in Oregon for 4/4. I could go to CC and do the whole return thing, but I'm just not motivated enough to do it if it's just for a day.

terrible...

[quote name='King Bahamut']UPS claims that they delivered my GH2 on 10:48 am, but I haven't got a package notification yet.[/quote]

Rut roh time to go door to door and listen for someone jamming!

Thanks for the info on the packaging, wish i'd went ahead and bought it saturday now.... Hopefully the UPS guy will show up soon since i've gotta run out the door as soon as he leaves and I wouldn't dare leave a package outside my door for my POS neighbors to steal. :whistle2:s

I've only briefly played any GH before is why I'm kinda hyped up for this, yet I don't think it's worth the return thing either just for one day. Usually has to be a week or so before I go to that much trouble, but since I'm going out of town for a week on Thursday it's really got me in a dilemma.

fuck me...My status on RedOctane.com FINALLY changed from wharehouse (which hadn't been updated since March 27) to Shipped, apparently today. The UPS tracking says they recieved biller info on Monday...but there's no update. WTF? The damn thing said it would be shipped to arrive on or shortly after release day...if it didn't leave Cali until today and it's coming via ground, I won't have it until next tuesday, and I will be mega pissed...

I got my game an hour ago or so...damn I missed out on a bunch when it came out for PS2, but at least now I can achievement whore with this one. :D I can't wait to unlock The Trooper!

[quote name='Ronin317']Anyone on the East Coast that ordered around 3-17/18 get their game today?[/quote]

Ordered 3/16
shipped 3/29
got it today

Just got mine about 2 hours ago. I love the Explorer guitar. It's got a great feel to it. The only thing I'm not wild about is the format of the leaderboards...it kinda feels tacked on. I wish they would have separated the boards by difficulty (although I am grateful they at least noted what difficulty the score was on). There's just something depressing about being 2,134 out of 20,000...even if it does put you in the 90th percentile.

Also, hope the downloadable content is up soon. And I hope it's more than just songs from GH1

[quote name='MC Hampster']My wife just called. It arrived a few minutes ago. Now the waiting game begins......[/quote]

Same here...except replace "My wife" with "The UPS Website" ;)

The rest of work is going to be a long day :cry:

But it will end like this :hot::bouncy::cool:

I have the top version and the whammy bar doesn't seem as responsive as my PS2 guitar (that guitar was from GH1). It's not as bad as the demo guitars in stores though. Those were really really unresponsive...

[quote name='dondondondondondon']has anyone experienced any problems with the whammy bar being unresponsive? I was reading on GameFAQs that there are two types of guitars seen here(http://liveu-82.vo.llnwd.net/vidilife/image/2005/12/13/142642/1182782L.jpg
1182782L.jpg (JPEG Image, 700x560 pixels). The bottom sort apparently is more likely to have problems with the whammy bar. So what kind does redoctane send out with the packages and has anyone had any problems?[/QUOTE]
YES. And it's really pissing me off. But I have the top guitar. Ordered from Red Octane's website.

[quote name='dondondondondondon']has anyone experienced any problems with the whammy bar being unresponsive? I was reading on GameFAQs that there are two types of guitars seen here(http://liveu-82.vo.llnwd.net/vidilife/image/2005/12/13/142642/1182782L.jpg
1182782L.jpg (JPEG Image, 700x560 pixels). The bottom sort apparently is more likely to have problems with the whammy bar. So what kind does redoctane send out with the packages and has anyone had any problems?[/quote]
I have the version on the top as well and was wondering about the whammy bar as it is nowhere near as responsive as the PS2 version. I thought it was just me... well dang that sucks. I ordered from Red Octane and it arrived today.

Man I was so hyped to get this game, but after reading about all the problems about the guitar, I'm going to wait until they get the bugs worked out. Seems like they would have checked that stuff out before shipping but oh well.

How can you tell which of the guitars I have? I can't really tell since they're on top of each other in that picture, but I think I might have the bottom one.

[quote name='monstericreated']How can you tell which of the guitars I have? I can't really tell since they're on top of each other in that picture, but I think I might have the bottom one.[/quote]

The ethernet jack is either located next to the mic port or next to the power plug. That is the difference.

[quote name='Kendro']The ethernet jack is either located next to the mic port or next to the power plug. That is the difference.[/quote]

Thanks. Turns out mine is the top one after all. Maybe after I wear the whammy bar in a little more it'll be more responsive.

[quote name='nharmon91']Yeah I beat the medium tour.[/quote]
Anyone can "beat" the game on medium in like 30 mins.

That isn't "beating" anything.

[quote name='UncleGuito']Anyone can "beat" the game on medium in like 30 mins.

That isn't "beating" anything.[/quote]

Sure, if you take out the fact 30 minutes is about 6 songs worth.

I think the whammy bar "problem" is being overhyped. I haven't experienced any problems, but being a real guitarist, I tend to really jam on the whammy. You can't just tap it. The way I do it is I put 2 or 3 fingers across the top of it, and let my wrist do all the work. I'm not even conscientious of how far I press it down, but it's probably the majority of the way. It just wouldn't make sense for RedOctane to not know how to make it properly. It's not like this is the first guitar they've made.

I think the whammy bar problem might be people overreacting as well. I though I had a dud untill I found the trick to mine at least. If it's pointed left along with the guitar then it doesn't register all the time (maybe 25%) but if you have it at a good down and a lil left angle it works 100%. It takes a little more to push it in this way so maybe it just registers better. Anyone else having troubles might give this a try.

[quote name='$hady']I think the whammy bar problem might be people overreacting as well. I though I had a dud untill I found the trick to mine at least. If it's pointed left along with the guitar then it doesn't register all the time (maybe 25%) but if you have it at a good down and a lil left angle it works 100%. It takes a little more to push it in this way so maybe it just registers better. Anyone else having troubles might give this a try.[/QUOTE]

If you have to position the bar in a certain way in order for it to work, then that's a MAJOR problem with the guitar and people are definitely not overreacting when they complain about it.

There shouldn't be any 'trick' to get it working. Either it works properly or it doesn't.

[quote name='norkusa']

There shouldn't be any 'trick' to get it working. Either it works properly or it doesn't.[/QUOTE]

thats what she said.

That isn't "beating" anything.[/quote]Um, no. 48ish songs in 30 minutes? Including Free Bird?

And Medium isn't exactly a walk in the park at the end. They get pretty hectic in the latter sets.

Love the game so far. I think I suck at it though. I play a little acoustic guitar, and I thought it would help, but a Guitar Hero it makes me not. I struggle through Medium. My younger brother played a few hours spanning over 2 days and he's beaten every song on expert except freebird. He is a machine.

Haha I would pay a good deal of money for somebody to beat Medium in 30 minutes, seeing as 48 songs X At least 4 minutes a song would mean you can bend time.

That isn't "beating" anything.[/quote]

Obviously you havnt played the game.

[quote name='Flyersfan']I don't consider a game fully beaten (yeah, yeah) until I do it at the highest difficulty.

Maybe thats just me though.[/quote]I'm not expecting to get beyond 5-starring medium and getting through hard, so at that point I'll have "beat" it for me. ;)

Anyone having issues with the Star Power activation?

The guitar I received from Red Octane is supposedly the "good" model (with the effects pedal port near the headphone jack). I thought everything was ok, but I found out soon that the blue button wasn't working right. You had to press it extremely hard for it to work. And even then it would flicker.

So I went to EBGames to purchase another guitar (thinking I can send this one back to Red Octane, but it takes like 3-5 weeks for them to repair according to their web site), and this second one is also the "good" model, but it seems like it is harder to activate the Star Power. Should you have to get the guitar completely vertical before it goes off? The first one I had seemed much more sensitive. I just have no idea what the "right" sensitivity is since I only have used these two guitars and don't own the PS2 version.

My Star Power is a bit finicky, but I tend to remedy the problem by bending my body to the side at the hips instead of actually turning the guitar--I find that it allows me to hit the notes more accurately than turning the guitar by itself. It might make me look a bit stupid, but after having played through WarioWare, I'm immune to that kind of torture :p

I only have to tilt my guitar at around 45 degrees in order for Star Power to kick in. I've got the one that's supposed to be "the good" guitar but my whammy bar is still screwy.

About the whammy bar problem though....someone on the official GH forums posted an easy fix for the problem. All you gotta do is open the guitar up, loosen a few screws, and rotate the whammy pot switch 1/8 of an inch. Haven't tried it yet but everyone that has so far said it worked wonders on their whammy bar:

http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=17898

bread's done
Back