Guitar Hero II - General Disscusion - Indie Pack #2 - 3 Songs Up Now

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Guitar Hero II DLC Track List:

Guitar Hero Track Pack 1 (500pts)
  • "Bark at the Moon" (as made famous by Ozzy Osbourne)
  • "Hey You" (as made famous by The Exies)
  • "Ace of Spades" (as made famous by Motorhead)
Guitar Hero Track Pack 2 (500pts)
  • "Killer Queen" (as made famous by Queen)
  • "Take It Off" (as made famous by The Donnas)
  • "Frankenstein" (as made famous by The Edgar Winter Group)
Guitar Hero Track Pack 3 (500pts)
  • "Higher Ground" (as made famous by Red Hot Chili Peppers)
  • "Infected" (as made famous by Bad Religion)
  • "Stellar" (as made famous by Incubus)
Guitar Hero Track Pack 4 (500pts)
  • Wanna Be Sedated (as made famous by The Ramones)
  • Smoke on the Water (as made famous by Deep Purple)
  • You've Got Another Thing Coming (as made famous by Judas Priest)
Guitar Hero Track Pack 5 (My Chemical Romance) (500pts)
  • Teenagers
  • Famous Last Words
  • This Is How I Disappear
Guitar Hero Indie Track Pack #1 (500pts) - 9/20/07
  • Trivium - Detonation
  • Atreyu - Right Side of the Bed
  • Protest the Hero - Bury the Hatchet
Guitar Hero Indie Track Pack #2 (500pts) - 11/29/07
  • Dropkick Murphys - State Of Massachusetts
  • The Bled - You Should Be Ashamed Of Myself
  • Maylene And The Son's Of Dissaster - Memories Of The Grove
Guitar Hero II Songs On Disc
  • Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil
  • Danzig - Mother
  • Cheap Trick - Surrender
  • Wolfmother - Woman
  • Spinal Tap - Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight
  • Kiss - Strutter
  • Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box
  • Police - Message in a Bottle
  • Van Halen - You Really Got Me
  • Kansas - Carry on Wayward Son
  • Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
  • Alice in Chains - Them Bones
  • Iggy Pop and the Stooges - Search and Destroy
  • Pretenders - Tattooed Love Boys
  • Black Sabbath - War Pigs
  • Warrant - Cherry Pie
  • Butthole Surfers - Who Was in My Room Last Night
  • Mathew Sweet - Girlfriend
  • Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
  • Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
  • Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name Of
  • Primus - John the Fisherman
  • Sword - Freya
  • Thin Lizzy - Bad Reputation
  • Aerosmith - Last Child
  • Heart - Crazy on You
  • Stone Temple Pilots - Tripping on a Hole in a Paper Heart
  • Stray Cats - Rock This Town
  • Allman Brothers - Jessica
  • Jane's Addiction - Stop
  • Anthrax - Madhouse
  • Living End - Carry Me Home
  • Lamb of God - Laid to Rest
  • Reverend Horton Heat - Psychobilly Freakout
  • Rush - YYZ
  • Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot
  • Suicidal Tendencies - Institutionalized
  • Dick Dale - Misirlou
  • Megadeth - Hangar 18
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird
Guitar Hero II Bonus Tracks:
  • The Las Vegas - Raw Dog
  • Drist - Arterial Black
  • Anarchy Club - Collide
  • That Handsome Devil - Elephant Bones
  • Valient Thorr - Fall of Pangea
  • VAGIANT - FTK
  • Brian Kahanek - Gemini
  • Bang Camaro - Push Push (Lady Lightning)
  • The Acrobrats - Laughtrack
  • Freezepop - Less Talk More Rokk
  • Buckethead - Jordan
  • The Amazing Royal Crowns - Mr. Fix-It
  • Every Time I Die - The New Black
  • Artillery - One For the Road
  • The Neighborhoods - Parasite
  • Count Zero - Radium Eyes
  • MEGASUS - Red Lottery
  • All That Remains - Six
  • Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives - Soy Bomb
  • Shadows Fall - The Light That Blinds
  • DETHKLOK - Thunder Horse
  • Strong Bad - Trogdor
  • Voivod - X-Stream
  • Made in Mexico - Yes We Can

Update 7/31:

[quote name='deadite76']An Admin from the official forums posted this yesterday:

Quote:
A quick heads up for everyone. Be on the lookout for an announcement coming early August regarding Xbox 360 DLC.

rodth
Price drop? More DLC?[/quote] ___________
Update 6/18: DLC Pack #2 info

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']Some info on DLC I guess:

http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=22504

scroll to the 5th post[/quote] __________
Update 4/11: Song Download Pack out

Name: Guitar Hero Track Pack 1
Price: 500 Points
Availability: Not available in Asia
Dash Details: Bark at the Moon as made famous by Ozzy Osbourne, Hey You as made famous by The Exies, Ace of Spades as made famous by Motorhead, For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com.

Name: Guitar Hero Track Pack 2
Dash Details: Killer Queen as made famous by Queen, Take it Off as made famous by The Donnas, Frankenstein as made famous by The Edgar Winter Group, For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com.

Name: Guitar Hero Track Pack 3
Dash Details: Higher Ground as made famous by Red Hot Chili Peppers, Infected as made famous by Bad Religon, Stellar as made famous by Incubus, For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com.

Best you could do is not buy and if you want to complaint, send your comments here:
http://www.redoctanegames.com/0_contact.asp

Name: Guitar Hero II Picture Pack 1
Price: 100 Points
Dash Details: Assume the identity of your favorite Guitar Heroes Axel, Clive, Johnny, Judy, and Pandora or display the Guitar Hero II logo.

Name: Guitar Hero II Picture Pack 2
Price: 100 Points
Dash Details: Assume the identity of your favorite Guitar Heroes Casey, Eddie, Grim, Izzy, Lars, and Xavier.

Name: Guitar Hero II Theme
Price: 150 Points
Dash Details: Amp up your system with four Guitar Hero II wallpapers featuring your favorite characters Casey, Johnny, Pandora, and Xavier

[quote name='Roufuss']I would add to the OP that RedOctane is providing free shipping for Guitar Hero 2:

Enter Coupon Code ghiixfreeship for FREE UPS Ground Shipping.
[/quote]

Edit to above: No Tax Fees! (except for California)

Single Player Bundle - $89.99 Free Ship

2 Player Bundle - $149.98 Free Ship

Single Guitar/Guitar Bag
- $59.99/24.99 + Shipping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
guitar_hero_2_xbox.jpg

Update 1/11: Achivement list

http://www.achieve360points.com/game/guitarheroii/

Exclusive Track List:

Possum Kingdom—Toadies*
Salvation—Rancid
Life Wasted—Pearl Jam
Billion Dollar Babies—Alice Cooper
Hush—Deep Purple
Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo—Rick Derringer
Dead!—My Chemical Romance*
The Trooper—Iron Maiden

Bonus unlockable songs
Drink Up—Ounce of Self
Kicked to the Curb—Noble Rot

* denotes a song performed by the original band

http://thehardcoregamer.com/Home/tabid/36/EntryID/227/Default.aspx

Today at X06 Redoctane and Activision announced that Guitar Hero II will be available for Xbox 360.

The president of Redoctane is quoted in the press release stating: "The tour will continue the rockin' gameplay Guitar Hero fans have come to enjoy, and will now include expanded Xbox 360 capabilities. With Guitar Hero II for Xbox 360 rock rhythm, lead, or bass guitar tracks with downloadable content and the new X-Plorer controller, designed specifically for the Xbox 360."

They also mentioned that the large hard drive on 360 and Xbox Live Marketplace creates endless possibilities for downloadable content. While the press release doesn't state it specifically it looks like we'll be rocking out wirelessly on the controller pictures below. We'll have more on this title from X06 as the event continues.​
x06-guitar-hero-2-announced-for-360-20060927113323187-000-000.jpg

Update 9/20:

The Playstation 2 is a console that has sold well, even in recent times due to a wide range of games that are easy to pick up and play. These games tend to have funky peripherals required to play them, such as the Eye Toy or the Guitar controller from the cult smash Guitar Hero. Microsoft and other companies have managed to snatch Guitar Hero away from Sony, as it has been announced the game will be coming to multiple formats including the Xbox 360 in Spring 2007, although the specific 360 release has yet to be confirmed by Activision as of this moment. Still now that Activision have formally announced they are bringing the title over to multiple formats it would seem almost stupid for them to ignore the 360 at this point.

This is great news for games fans who may have sold their PS2 years ago for various reasons or those who have bought a 360 or a Gamecube and see no reason to hop back to Sony for one title, but still wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Guitar Hero has been a real hit for Activision and Sony, so now it is finding a new home across many systems Sony may be regretting not tying this wild stallion down with some sort of exclusive deal. This could also mean we could see more games that require peripherals heading to the 360 such as lightgun games and more which would frankly be “Awesome”, and “Excellent”. I’ll stop the Bill and Ted references now.

This story continues to get more interesting by the day, but we feel Activision knows there is plenty of money in letting 360 owners get their rock on.
http://www.xboxic.com/news/1654#more-1654

Saw this on the teamxbox.com forums:

Subject: RE: love the game, but....
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 22:24:14 -0400
From: "Mike Dornbrook" Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "aj k*****"

Hi AJ,

Glad to hear that you enjoy the game. Plans to port the game to Xbox 360 are underway, but it will take some time to do it right. Hang in there.

-Mike

Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 4:43 PM
To: Mike Dornbrook
Subject: love the game, but....

I am very pleased to say that i am a big guitar hero fan. Unfortunately I do not own a ps2 so the only time i have ever played it was at best buy. Are there any plans on bringing the sequel over to the xbox 360? I think that would excellent.
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=440304

Not sure if its real/true, but I'd figure what the hell...

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I wish...it's about the only game on the PS2 that I am dying to play.[/QUOTE]

QFT. My bro has a PS2 so I can go over and play it whenever, but it would definitely be more convienent on the 360 for me.

Since I didn't really care enough to look into it, I always thought Guitar Hero was locked into PS2. If this is not the case it would be great. I kind of find this hard to believe though.

If this DOES turn out to be true, if they "take the time to do it right" it'll be a two disc set with both games. And maybe a few exclusive tracks for disc 2.

I have a friend who would be extremely happy if this turns out to be true. I didn't play the first but I had heard it was real fun.

That'd be nice, but I dunno if it holds any water...

It really doesn't matter to me either way unless they can somehow do something with the 360 version they can't do on the PS2 version.

Hopefully, it would mean actual downloadable songs, but then again, it would really piss off a lot of the people who bought the PS2 version.

If this is true, then this trumps anything that will be announced at E3.

I was actually planning to go buy a PS2 just for that game.

[quote name='$hady']
banana.gif

Why don't we have a dancing banana?[/QUOTE]

Dancing banana sucks compared to :bang:

I would kill for :bang: to be added here.

I'm pretty sure the Red Octane guys have stated in the past that they would like to bring it to Xbox due to Live. They would then be able to add songs as downloadable content very easily.

The guys at my weekly video game party are always saying how killer it'd be to have a "guitar with Wavebird technology in it." Hell, I know I'd probably be willing to shell out another $10-$15 for a wireless version of the guitar, as long as there's a guarantee that all the other expansion packs will make it over to the 360.

i bought my ps2 soley for Guitar Hero. and from the rest of the ps2 games i did get, GH has the most replay value and i still play it for a few hours every few days.

and someone did a mod to their GH controller over at the GH.com boards to make it wireless. they made a little diagram so if you know about soldering and what not you can create your own wireless guitar.

and if they do happen to port GH2 w/ some bonus features, i hope there's some way i could use my GH controller on my 360.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm pretty sure the Red Octane guys have stated in the past that they would like to bring it to Xbox due to Live. They would then be able to add songs as downloadable content very easily.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!! It would be awesome to be able to download new songs over Live! Something actually worth while to use points for. It would suck to have to buy a new guitar though...oh well it's worth it.

Guitar Hero, Metal Gear 3, Suikoden 3,4 and 5, God of War, Devil May Cry 1,3 and the greatest hits/cheap games were the only reason for me to have a PS2 in my house. So if this goes XBox thats one less reason to get a PS3 if the PS2 continues to have the same type of libary of games.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I wish...it's about the only game on the PS2 that I am dying to play.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

i love guitar hero.. probably my favorite game (been dying for a game like it to come stateside since i played Guitar Freaks in 99) and I am so happy to see a Rush song on GH 2 (YYZ for those who didn't know).. i am set now.. hopefully we get another Bad Religion song or a couple more Punk songs too.. anyways.. if it hits the 360 i'll be a little disappointed but not surprised and I wouldn't get it unless it had exclusives (not just 2 songs) and downloadable content before i double dip.

I'll buy GHII the second it comes out for PS2, then I'll buy it again if it comes out for the 360. This game yearns for downloadable songs. Screw iTunes, Xbox 360 content is already rights protected, and you can play these songs. It would be a goldmine for all involved.

As far as it coming out on 360 not bogus, as far as that email being true RETARDEDLY BOGUS.

Like they're going to reveal to some jack ass that emails them "uh yeah we're making one for 360 dude, so like hang in there!!1!!2#@!@!!"

what a fucking queer.

[quote name='Maynard']As far as it coming out on 360 not bogus, as far as that email being true RETARDEDLY BOGUS.

Like they're going to reveal to some jack ass that emails them "uh yeah we're making one for 360 dude, so like hang in there!!1!!2#@!@!!"

what a fucking queer.[/quote]

I had 3 way ass sex with Jenna Jameson and blah blah blah blah other shit you told.

[quote name='Maynard']As far as it coming out on 360 not bogus, as far as that email being true RETARDEDLY BOGUS.

what a fucking queer.[/QUOTE]

Actually this is real.

I emailed [email protected] (http://www.harmonixmusic.com/contact.html) and got this back.

Any teamxbox member feel free to post this over there. Just tell them Sporadic? confirmed it.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/member.php?userid=6117

I was permabanned for a bullshit reason but I think my name still pulls some weight over there.

..nice.

[quote name='$hady']I had 3 way ass sex with Jenna Jameson and blah blah blah blah other shit you told.[/QUOTE]

Hunt me down when you're 21. I owe you a beer for that.

sounds like a good idea if it's true. as everyone said it would be nice to get downloadable songs on marketplace and so forth.

An Internet bayudayuss.

fuck yes. I absolutely love GH, and now it'll have downloadable songs and hopefully online multiplayer support. I just hope that 360 GH will have a different song list than GH1/2. Perhaps a few repeats, but mostly new songs.

THANK YOU.

My last bit of loss felt over never buying a PS2 is now GONE.

I'll have to disagree with above though - I hope it IS the same songs as the PS2 version...hell, I hope it's a disc that has all the songs from the first AND second games on it. Then just release downloadable tracks once in a while, and everything is copacetic.

[quote name='KaneRobot']if they "take the time to do it right" it'll be a two disc set with both games. And maybe a few exclusive tracks for disc 2.[/quote]

QFT. The potential drain on my wallet is going to be huge if they offer up downloadable tracks for 100 MS points a pop... It's going to suck rebuying the guitar controller though but the wirelessness of it is probably worth it...

God DAMMIT. They'd better make it an original tracklist. I don't want to have to buy the original GH or GH2 on PS2 for 360.

But GH achievements... omg most addictive game ever?

[quote name='redgopher']But GH achievements... omg most addictive game ever?[/QUOTE]

Shit, I never even thought of that. It's going to drive me nuts if they put some "beat all songs on max difficulty"-type achievements in there.

I can't wait that long- I need to play it as soon as possible. There's only so many times I can play Infected and More than a Feeling.

[quote name='redgopher']God DAMMIT. They'd better make it an original tracklist. I don't want to have to buy the original GH or GH2 on PS2 for 360.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. As much as I'd like GH on the 360, I'm currently happy with the current GH and the sequel is out in the next month or so.

I hope the game coming out for the 360 is something entirely new, or a mixture of the two. I'll wait to see what they do with the XBL function, and if they have special downloads for the game.

The PS2 version is $69.99, I shudder to think the cost of this upcoming version for 360.

I know all companies are in it to make profit, but don't you think Red Octane would come up with some adapter that would accept the PS2 controller input and have a USB output. This way it can be used on the PS3/360.

Sold. I still need to get my GH back from my friend, though. I let him borrow it last Christmas and I still haven't gotten it back.

[quote name='asianxcore']I hope the game coming out for the 360 is something entirely new, or a mixture of the two. I'll wait to see what they do with the XBL function, and if they have special downloads for the game.[/quote]
No way in hell it'll be entirely new if it's coming out in the first half of '07. Nailing down these songs takes time (and that's disregarding the time it would take to do a new game). It would be pretty stupid to try to appease people who have already played a game that is only 6 months old (or however old it is when it comes out).

If they don't do what they SHOULD (putting all the songs from 1 & 2), maybe as a compromise they can put up the GH1 tracks as downloadable on the marketplace. Those should probably be cheaper than all-new songs though (if a new song is 100 pts, a GH1 track should be 75).

The PS2 version is $69.99, I shudder to think the cost of this upcoming version for 360.
...$79.99? Not exactly an impulse buy, but still not a "ripoff" and well worth the price. I'm sure there will be deals on it as well. Adding in extra songs tacks something onto the cost, but in this case it makes your game substantially bigger, unlike "horse armor" where it only loosely affects the game and you don't get much out of it.

I thought the 360 version was just going to be revamp of GH 1. I hope it isn't but you know I don't want to be dissapointed.

[quote name='asianxcore']Agreed. As much as I'd like GH on the 360, I'm currently happy with the current GH and the sequel is out in the next month or so.

I hope the game coming out for the 360 is something entirely new, or a mixture of the two. I'll wait to see what they do with the XBL function, and if they have special downloads for the game.

The PS2 version is $69.99, I shudder to think the cost of this upcoming version for 360.[/QUOTE]

PS3?...didnt you hear they cancelled that system now ;)

bread's done
Back