Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

[quote name='ihadFG']Not a big deal but you might want to add Velvet Revolver as one of the bands Slash is in seeing as you put both bands of the other two bosses.[/quote]
Np...done.

[quote name='slickkill77']What exactly is the difference between a master track and the others?[/quote]

Master Track = Song peformed by the original recording artist.
Non Master = Song performed by a cover band.

[quote name='anomynous']Well that means The Devil Went Down to Georgia isn't the final encore, because they don't announce that until the game comes out, or near release.

*crosses fingers for Crazy Train as final encore*[/QUOTE]

Things don't work the same way now as they did when Harmonix was in charge. So yes, The Devil Went Down to Georgia is, in fact, the final encore.

[quote name='Greetard']Things don't work the same way now as they did when Harmonix was in charge. So yes, The Devil Went Down to Georgia is, in fact, the final encore.[/QUOTE]
The press release never actually said that, plus Red Octane & Activision were in charge, and still are.

[quote name='CouRageouS']This has probably been discussed a few pages back, but whats the deal with the Co-op songs?[/QUOTE]

Something like 30 or so songs are part of the official co-op career. These are songs picked from the main setlist that are especially fun to play in co-op. Additionaly, these 30 songs contain 6 that are exclusive to co-op and do not appear in the solo career mode. These songs will be available in solo quick-play, I believe with the use of an "Unlock All Songs" code. Other songs from the main solo setlist will apparently be bonus tracks in the co-op career.

You guys DO realize that they've had songs in this series before that didn't feature a guitar as the main part, you really were playing another instrument.

Frankenstein in GHI and the DLC in GHII had a guitar in it, but you were really playing the keyboad (?) part, not a guitar part. And I beat no one could really tell, either, unless they knew that beforehand.

So playing a fiddle part is hardly a big deal at all.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Frankenstein in GHI and the DLC in GHII had a guitar in it, but you were really playing the keyboad (?) part, not a guitar part. And I beat no one could really tell, either, unless they knew that beforehand.[/quote]

A great song, but that is just lame.

Im sure this question has been asked and answered somewhere else but i havent seen it.....is the GH2 and 3 guitar going to be compatible w/ Rock Band?

[quote name='whataboutbob?']Im sure this question has been asked and answered somewhere else but i havent seen it.....is the GH2 and 3 guitar going to be compatible w/ Rock Band?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

The fingerboards are cool as hell, too. Well, at least in the picture of Johnny. I wonder, do the fingerboards change with each new costume, or just with each type of guitar? I never even noticed it in the previous game.

[quote name='ZForce915']Hey guys, what does the "Master" mean after those song listings?[/QUOTE]
It's the original recording, and not a cover band

[quote name='shieryda']The fingerboards are cool as hell, too. Well, at least in the picture of Johnny. I wonder, do the fingerboards change with each new costume, or just with each type of guitar? I never even noticed it in the previous game.[/QUOTE]

There's been one per character in all the games. I assume it's the same way in GH3.

[quote name='anomynous']It's the original recording, and not a cover band[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks. That is a pretty good ratio then, 38 of 59 are original artist recordings. Well done.

New character?

Past games had dudes like the "grim ripper" tearing it up onstage, and during our demo of the new game, we saw a ludicrously candy-colored Japanese schoolgirl with purple hair named Midori, as well as a tin-can robot axe man who was tearing it up with a guitar that looked like a giant raygun.

New Video. Look at the rightmost TV at about 16-20 seconds. See the tail?

Also, according to the vid, the PS3 and 360 versions will have different unlockable characters than the PS2 and Wii versions.

Social D just added! I love that song! I am way too excited for this game! I am going to play the crap out of this in a few weeks.

Already have my copy paid in full, can't wait. I also have a copy of Guitar Hero II that I got for cheap... so I'll have two games to play. :D

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Social D just added! I love that song![/QUOTE]

RED/RED/RED/RED/GREEN/GREEN/GREEN/GREEN/YELLOW/YELLOW/YELLOW/YELLOW/RED/RED/RED/RED

Rise and repeat for "Story of My Life." :lol:

(I'm glad it's in the game as well, admittedly.)

[quote name='shieryda']Oh man. There are still 14 songs that haven't been named! I wonder what they'll be????:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Where do you see that?

[quote name='Corvin']Where do you see that?[/quote]

For the overall game, there will be 73 songs total out of the box, with more than 50 of them being “master tracks”—ones that feature the artist’s actual recordings, rather than a studio re-creation, and which including a pristine version of the Rolling Stones’ Paint It Black. Two of the songs (Living Colour’s Cult of Personality and Sex Pistols’ Anarchy in the U.K.) saw the respective groups’ members get back together specifically to re-record the songs for Guitar Hero III.

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1781/Guitar-Hero-III-Legends-of-Rock/p2/

I thought the list seemed a little small. I can't wait to see what the final 14 songs are. Here's hoping to more in the career and less in the bonus tracks.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I'm counting down the fucking minutes till this game drops.[/QUOTE]

so...how many left?

I will, of course, continue to ask you this from now until the time the game is in my hands.

EDIT:
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?

Wait, so they're gonna be throwing an absolute shit-ton of songs at us AND the Wii version will support rumble?

I wasn't planning on getting Guitar Hero 3 because of the price but now I almost feel like they're making me an offer I can't refuse...

if 1 o 2 of the 14 remaining songs are Crazy Train and/or Holy Wars...the Punishment Due, this game will be my GOTY

[quote name='anomynous']if 1 o 2 of the 14 remaining songs are Crazy Train and/or Holy Wars...the Punishment Due, this game will be my GOTY[/QUOTE]

If Holy Wars is on this game i am buying it day one.

[quote name='BackInBlack']If Holy Wars is on this game i am buying it day one.[/QUOTE]
Yup, cuz the Megadeth song hasn't been confirmed..........

The main set list is almost certainly done. The 14 songs left to announce are likely going to be bonus tracks, or they're gonna move some songs by smaller bands out of the main list and onto the bonus list. Anarchy in the U.K. isn't listed in the OP, but we know it's in there.

I'll go ahead and remind everyone of the leaked list:

Tier 1:
Foghat- Slow Ride
Poison- Talk Dirty to Me
Pat Benatar- Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Social Distortion- Story of My Life

Encore: Kiss- Rock and Roll All Nite
Co-op Encore: Beastie Boys- Sabotage

Tier 2:
Mountain- Mississippi Queen
Alice Cooper- School’s Out
Cream- Sunshine of Your Life
Heart- Barracuda

Boss: Tom Morello- Guitar Battle
Encore: Rage Against the Machine- Bull’s on Parade
Co-op Encore: The Strokes- Reptilia

Tier 3:
The Killers- When You Were Young
AFI- Miss Murder
The Who- The Seeker
Priestess- Lay Down

Encore: Rolling Stones- Paint It Black
Co-op Encore: Red Hot Chili Peppers- Suck My Kiss

Tier 4:
Black Sabbath- Paranoid
The Sex Pistols- Anarchy in the UK
Sonic Youth- Kool Thing
Weezer- My Name Is Jonas

Encore: Pearl Jam- Evenflow
Co-op Encore: Blue Oyster Cult- Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll

Tier 5:
The Dead Kennedy’s- Holiday in Cambodia
Scorpions- Rock You Like a Hurricane
Aerosmith- Same Old Song and Dance
ZZ Top- La Grange

Boss: Slash- Guitar Battle
Encore: Guns N Roses- Welcome to the Jungle
Co-op Encore: Bloc Party- Hellicopter

Tier 6:
Santana- Black Magic Woman
Smashing Pumpkins- Cherub Rock
White Zombie- Black Sunshine
Tenacious D- The Metal

Encore: Stevie Ray Vaughn- Pride and Joy
Co-op Encore: Matchbook Romance- Monsters

Tier 7:
Slipknot- Before I Forget
Disturbed- Stricken
Queens of the Stone Age- 3’s and 7’s
Muse- Knights of Cydonia

Encore: Living Colour- Cult of Personality

Tier 8:
Slayer- Raining Blood
Eric Johnson- Cliffs of Dover
Iron Maiden- Number of the Beast
Metallica- One

Boss: Lou- Guitar Battle
Encore: The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Bonus Tracks:

An Endless Sporadic- Impulse
Backyard Babies- Minus Celsius
Bret Michaels Band- Go That Far
Die Toten Hosen- Hier Kommit Alex
Dragonforce- Through the Fire and the Flames
Fall of Troy- FCP Remix
Gallows- In the Belly of a Shark
The Hellacopters- I’m in the Band
Heroes del Silencio- Avalancha
In Flames- Take This Life
Kaiser Chiefs- Ruby
Killswitch Engage- My Curse
LA Slum Lords- Down N Dirty
Lacuna Coil- Closer
Lions- Metal Heavy Lady
NAAST- Mauvis Garcon
Prototype- The Way It Ends
Revolverhead- Generation Rock
Rise Against- Prayer of the Refugee
Scouts of St. Sebastian- In Love
Senses Fail- Can’t Be Saved
The Sleeping- Don’t Hold Back
The Stone Roses- She Bangs the Drums
Superbus- Radio Song

I would put pretty good money on that, ro something very close to it, will be the final list.

Wow...the guitar looks really nice, but looking at that list, I'm embarassed to say I only recognize maybe 5 of the songs. Regardless, I may have to pre-order the 360 version so I have a wireless guitar for Rock Band.

Im gonna cancel my preorders for fft on psp and possibly hellgate. This will probably be my only game in october. The rest is just kinda meh.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Wow...the guitar looks really nice, but looking at that list, I'm embarassed to say I only recognize maybe 5 of the songs. Regardless, I may have to pre-order the 360 version so I have a wireless guitar for Rock Band.[/quote]

Have you ever turned on a radio?;)

[quote name='shieryda']Have you ever turned on a radio?;)[/quote]Nope, I don't listen to the radio anymore. I've got a set of CDs in my changer that I listen to and add to that the fact I wasn't born here, so the 80s/very early 90s stuff I didn't become familiar with. That said, there were some songs in GHII that I was vaguely familiar with despite not recognizing the titles and a few others that I was completely unaware of that I enjoyed playing.

I only recognize 11 of them but I'll still be buying this for sure. I didn't think I knew that many of the songs on #2 but when I played a bunch of them I remembered the song but I just didn't know the name of it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Wait, so they're gonna be throwing an absolute shit-ton of songs at us AND the Wii version will support rumble?

[/QUOTE]

The Wii version also uses the speaker in the Wiimote. When you fuck up a note, the twang will come from the guitar instead of the tv/stereo. How fuckin' cool is that?

The Wii guitar sounds like the best of the bunch, unfortunately all my friends own 360s so that is the version I'll be getting, for the co-op.

[quote name='anomynous']Yup, cuz the Megadeth song hasn't been confirmed..........[/quote]

Who said anything about a Megadeth song?

[quote name='Corvin']The Wii version also uses the speaker in the Wiimote. When you fuck up a note, the twang will come from the guitar instead of the tv/stereo. How fuckin' cool is that?

The Wii guitar sounds like the best of the bunch, unfortunately all my friends own 360s so that is the version I'll be getting, for the co-op.[/QUOTE]

Ok, now that is pretty damn cool.

I'll have to get the 360 version for co-op reasons, but I must say the Wii version sounds pretty cool.

This is by far my most anticipated game this year. I can't wait to play Knights of Cydonia.

[quote name='delirium266']Who said anything about a Megadeth song?[/QUOTE]
1) They had a song in the previous 2 games
2) Megadeth had posted a myspace bulletin/post about "Washington is Next" being in the game, but it was taken down after..............

[quote name='shieryda']For the overall game, there will be 73 songs total out of the box, with more than 50 of them being “master tracks”—ones that feature the artist’s actual recordings, rather than a studio re-creation, and which including a pristine version of the Rolling Stones’ Paint It Black. Two of the songs (Living Colour’s Cult of Personality and Sex Pistols’ Anarchy in the U.K.) saw the respective groups’ members get back together specifically to re-record the songs for Guitar Hero III.

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1781/Guitar-Hero-III-Legends-of-Rock/p2/[/QUOTE]

They're probably holding out for Rock Band's next announcement to steal some thunder.

bread's done
Back