Guitar Hero III @ RedOctane Free Shipping and Extras X360, Wii, PS3, & PS2

coldlight

CAGiversary!
RedOctane's store has Guitar Hero 3 pre-order bundles up with free shipping:

http://redoctane.com/gh3.html
[quote name='RedOctane.com'][FONT=arial, helvetica]*Pre-Order Terms and Conditions
We will ship out your order as early as possible so you will be one of the first to receive this product. Your credit card will be authorized. However we will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped...
[/FONT] [/quote]

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hold the presses - code: Vgmusic = 10% off[/quote]
vgmusic code DEAD

:360: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:360: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Elite Bundle $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Extreme Bundle - 89.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme Bundle - $89.99 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme 2P Bundle- $149.98 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

The regular priced bundle labeled 'extreme' includes the following free bonuses:

Custom 2" Guitar Strap
Dual Gig Bag
Key Ring

For an extra 10$ you can get the 'elite' bundles which includes the above items as well as:

Guitar Hero T-Shirt
Guitar Faceplate

I pre-ordered Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 from them, and even though the free shipping is ground, they shipped it early so it arrived on the street date.

Hope this helps someone, the freebies are pretty decent.

**I did a search for this on deals forum and couldn't find it posted, if it has please lock this post.

(LinkinPrime Edit: Added direct links to all versions)

So for ten bucks more than Gamestop, I get a bunch of free stuff?

The dual gig bag alone is probably worth it, considering I've got a PS2 guitar sitting around...

[quote name='Strell']So for ten bucks more than Gamestop, I get a bunch of free stuff?

The dual gig bag alone is probably worth it, considering I've got a PS2 guitar sitting around...[/quote]

For the same price as a Gamestop preorder, you get the following items which they are labeling as the 'Extreme Bundle':

Custom 2" Guitar Strap
Dual Gig Bag
Key Ring

If you dish out an extra $10, you get the 'Elite Bundle' which includes all of those items as well as a t-shirt and faceplate for the guitar. Looks like they have a small glitch with the 'Extreme' bundle as it's showing $4.99 when its placed in the cart for shipping although the site lists free shipping next to it on the page, doesn't happen with the 'Elite.' Hopefully they fix that soon.

wow, if I knew this was going to come street date I would jump all over it. Does it definitly come for the street date? Thanks for the deal either way

I've also been waiting for them to fix the shipping on the $99.99 bundle, probably going to order from them once they get the free shipping to work on that one. Don't really care about the shirt or faceplate enough to pay $10 more.

I ordered GH 2 for 360 from them and got it on release date from UPS.

[quote name='GenDV138']
I ordered GH 2 for 360 from them and got it on release date from UPS.[/quote]

I'm on the West Coast, about 15 minutes away from Red Octane, and I got mine two days AFTER release. :cry:

Finally, been waiting for them to list a price. 109.99 Shipped is damn good enough for me. For those of you who ordered GHII from RedOctane.com last time, did they deliver the game on street date?

Just a word of warning...you might want check the threads from the 360 Guitar Hero II Preorder Debacle with Red Octane...Mine didn't arrive until 2 weeks after release, despite being pre-ordered a month in advance, and it had a defective guitar. Plus, trying to contact Red Octane for a replacement, return, or pretty much anything is a fucking joke. Not worth the $10 savings...

I know someone is bound to ask the n00b question, so I might as well be the one.

Do they charge once shipped or immediatly?

[quote name='bardockkun']I know someone is bound to ask the n00b question, so I might as well be the one.

Do they charge once shipped or immediatly?[/quote]

I'll add this to the OP as well:

[FONT=arial, helvetica]*Pre-Order Terms and Conditions
We will ship out your order as early as possible so you will be one of the first to receive this product. Your credit card will be authorized. However we will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped.
[/FONT]

[quote name='linkpwns']I think the liongames deal is better[/quote]

they dont offer free shipping while buy.com is better priced

Are they going to be offering standalone guitars for Wii/PS3 at launch? If I can get a second guitar early on, I'll probably bite for the bonus faceplate.

Raises the question of when the Xbox 360 version of the GH2 game only will be released, so we could pick up the GH3 kit + GH2 game for wireless guitar action.

Extreme 2P bundle needs to be adjusted in OP. its 149 not 89 - got excited for a second there.

And free shipping only seems to apply to the more expensive bundles

I would avoid ordering from red octane...I got my 360 gh 2 bundle from them a little late from the release date...both of my guitars didn't work even after the updates online...dealing with there customer service was a fucking nightmare, and I had to do a chargeback with my credit card. I am going to get it from a B&M store this time in case there is any problems with the wireless guitar which is bound to happen

[quote name='Pookymeister']Extreme 2P bundle needs to be adjusted in OP. its 149 not 89 - got excited for a second there.

And free shipping only seems to apply to the more expensive bundles[/quote]

Oops...my bad. Fixed, thanks.

thanks for the heads up on your deals gone bad guys. i don't wanna have to deal with that. i'm already dealing with a 1000+ dollar order from frys online that i haven't had refunded back to me (it's been over a month). it's really not worth all the trouble.

still waiting to hear when this game is released tho...

Is there anyone here who has any good stories about purchasing from Red Octane. I bit and pre-ordered the Elite Wii version (Rock Band can fix my guitar jones on the 360...but the wireless PS3 version is enticing) and emailed them about the shipping.
Thing is, if everyone has nothing but bad things to say about their buying experience then I'll just cancel now while the cancelling is good.

Tempted to order that $100 Wii bundle, or at least the $90 one with extras since some people said it comes on street date. Do they ship it in a box, or do they just ship the GHIII set? Stupid question problably, but I got a Tekken Ultimate Edition sent to me once, and it was just the box wrapped in paper. :lol:

[quote name='heyo007']Is there anyone here who has any good stories about purchasing from Red Octane. I bit and pre-ordered the Elite Wii version (Rock Band can fix my guitar jones on the 360...but the wireless PS3 version is enticing) and emailed them about the shipping.
Thing is, if everyone has nothing but bad things to say about their buying experience then I'll just cancel now while the cancelling is good.[/quote]

I didn't have any problems when I ordered through them. I didn't pre-order though. I bought it about a month after it came out for 360 and I could only find it in stock at Red Octane + the free gig bag was nice. The game came with gig bag as promised. I didn't have a problem with the guitar (perhaps because I waited). The gig bag is cool to use but it's not well made.

[quote name='heyo007']Is there anyone here who has any good stories about purchasing from Red Octane. I bit and pre-ordered the Elite Wii version (Rock Band can fix my guitar jones on the 360...but the wireless PS3 version is enticing) and emailed them about the shipping.
Thing is, if everyone has nothing but bad things to say about their buying experience then I'll just cancel now while the cancelling is good.[/quote]

The OP and a couple other people have stepped up and said that they had a good experience. I figured with the horror stories GHII, RedOctane will step it up this time around to not make the same mistake.

I was very happy with the service from Red Octane. I don't think you should worry too much about it. When I bought GHII for the 360, it shipped in perfect condition via UPS and I received it in a timely manner from California -> Texas.

Christ. Another damn Texan up ins CAG.

So I guess to get free shipping I need to send in an e-mail, aye?

I'll place an order immediately after someone lets me know. Thanks!

[quote name='Strell']Christ. Another damn Texan up ins CAG.

So I guess to get free shipping I need to send in an e-mail, aye?

I'll place an order immediately after someone lets me know. Thanks![/quote]

Email? Just place the order UPS Ground is free instantly.

I had no problem with my GH2 pre-order. It shipped on time and arrived when you'd expect ground shipping to show up. The only problem was it arrived on Good Friday and I had it shipped to my work and I was off. I had to come in to pick it up. That's not Red Octane's fault. My guitar worked fine except that I find the game too difficult to play at Hard level with the orange button, but that's operator error, isn't it? ;)

I'm interested in how the Rock Band guitars are. If it's better, I probably going to go with that as my main controller for all the games.

And it works eh?

How do I cancel it and re do it?

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I guess I'll keep the pre-order if only for that Gig bag and faceplate.
I'll let you know what happens with the Wii Elite Shipping when I get a response to my email, Strell. You're right though, five bucks is five bucks...especially to a CAG.

Edit: Scratch that. Cancelling my order and re-ordering as soon as I get a response. Thanks for that code Pooky.

So are there any other good bundles out there for the 360? It sucks that my Guitar hero 2 came only with a wired guitar(not to mention the 360 scratched my guitar hero 2 disc all to hell when I had it verticle(unplayable now). I pre ordered G3 extreme bundle and the total was 94.98 when using 10% off code. cost 4.99 for shipping

Thanks heyo007. Imma go ahead and place an order (with coupon, hot dayum this makes this a good deal) and send them an e-mail also.

Can't pass up all the cool shizz for, effectively, free at this point, given the coupon.

Thanks for posting the deal. It's a lot better than the free poster that Gamestop is offering. The dual gig bag makes it totally worth it for me. Do you thing it'll fit the Rock Band guitar as well?

So, do they just refund you the shipping? I may consider buying the extreme bundle for the PS2, since it basically makes the new guitar $30.

[quote name='Ronin317']Just a word of warning...you might want check the threads from the 360 Guitar Hero II Preorder Debacle with Red Octane...Mine didn't arrive until 2 weeks after release, despite being pre-ordered a month in advance, and it had a defective guitar. Plus, trying to contact Red Octane for a replacement, return, or pretty much anything is a fucking joke. Not worth the $10 savings...[/QUOTE]

I ended up getting my the day before release and order 2 weeks prior to release so I feel bad for those who ordered before me and received later than me.

Well the site said they should. Even though the coupon makes it $95 shipped, I want my free shipping. Hope this is resolved.

Hot Damn I paid $119 for the Elite 360 bundle before now it dropped to $107. Thanks Pookymeister!

bread's done
Back