Guitar Hero III @ RedOctane Free Shipping and Extras X360, Wii, PS3, & PS2

coldlight

CAGiversary!
RedOctane's store has Guitar Hero 3 pre-order bundles up with free shipping:

http://redoctane.com/gh3.html
[quote name='RedOctane.com'][FONT=arial, helvetica]*Pre-Order Terms and Conditions
We will ship out your order as early as possible so you will be one of the first to receive this product. Your credit card will be authorized. However we will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped...
[/FONT] [/quote]

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hold the presses - code: Vgmusic = 10% off[/quote]
vgmusic code DEAD

:360: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:360: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Elite Bundle $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Extreme Bundle - 89.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme Bundle - $89.99 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme 2P Bundle- $149.98 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

The regular priced bundle labeled 'extreme' includes the following free bonuses:

Custom 2" Guitar Strap
Dual Gig Bag
Key Ring

For an extra 10$ you can get the 'elite' bundles which includes the above items as well as:

Guitar Hero T-Shirt
Guitar Faceplate

I pre-ordered Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 from them, and even though the free shipping is ground, they shipped it early so it arrived on the street date.

Hope this helps someone, the freebies are pretty decent.

**I did a search for this on deals forum and couldn't find it posted, if it has please lock this post.

(LinkinPrime Edit: Added direct links to all versions)

I ordered the 360 version on Oct. 18. It shipped the 24th. Says it'll get here on the 29th. Not sure why they're launching the game on a Sunday. That means anyone that ordered it online will get it either 2 days early or a day late.

[quote name='Rocko']I am indeed disappointed by this.

Sent an email.[/QUOTE]

Take it you ordered the ps2 version? Seems all the people who have ordered have got the the 360 version and it also seems their only doing systems by day.

In case anyone cares, my Wii bundle shipped 10/25 from CO and is expected to get here (eastern Oregon) 10/29. The stupid thing is in transit to a town past mine, and then coming back to my town. Lousy. Could have maybe got it today if it came straight here.

Ugh Red Octane received my order for my Wii Elite bundle on 9/4 still no shipping e-mail. This makes me sad; just felt like venting.

Meh, brilliant, RedOctane. They do not in fact queue the orders. They ship out in bulk which means it's basically luck of the draw as to which orders get picked first. As far as mine goes, apparently the manifest has been printed and it's on a truck, so I should be getting tracking info today.

He actually thought it was sort of humorous that I thought they would have some sort of queue. Ha. Ha.

Looks like I'll be picking up my Best Buy preorder at midnight tomorrow, returning it when I get my shipment. Or I'll just not bother.

The game has a hard release of 10/28. Coming straight from the publisher probably means that you can be sure you won't receive it before that date, as that would mean the publisher is "breaking street date". No one delivers on Sundays, so 10/29 is probably about the earliest anyone should expect to see it if you ordered from them. As it is, "one of the first" is intentionally vague, and doesn't mean anything. You could be "one of the first" people to play the game even if you didn't get it for a month.

[quote name='leshrac55']The game has a hard release of 10/28. Coming straight from the publisher probably means that you can be sure you won't receive it before that date, as that would mean the publisher is "breaking street date". No one delivers on Sundays, so 10/29 is probably about the earliest anyone should expect to see it if you ordered from them. As it is, "one of the first" is intentionally vague, and doesn't mean anything. You could be "one of the first" people to play the game even if you didn't get it for a month.[/QUOTE]

Right but come on now you shouldn't screw people over and make them wait until the 1st or 2nd or even 3rd of November to play it.

[quote name='dopehat']Right but come on now you shouldn't screw people over and make them wait until the 1st or 2nd or even 3rd of November to play it.[/quote]I much more annoyed by the way shipping is handled. In general it doesn't matter that I preordered two months before some people, but it would definitely matter if they "oops" ran out of inventory before getting to my order. If they aren't capable of shipping everything at once, they should do it in a somewhat organized manner, the most logical being by date of order.

i just got my shipping confirmation... it was actually shipped yesterday, so i'm betting that they are just slow about sending us all confirmation. Anyhow, mine's coming from colorado to arizona and will be here monday. so, i guess i can stop complaining.

[quote name='TravistyOJ']Out of curiousity, has anyone who ordered a PS3 version had theirs shipped?[/quote]

Not me... :drool:

On a side note, has everyone checked the official site hxxp://www.guitarhero.com out? It's kinda cool that you can link your game account on there and at least compete that way cross-platform.

I sent an email as well. I hope mine gets shipped soon. I wouldn't care if everyone got theirs on November 5th, but the random shipping pisses me off.

For whoever asked, I got the Wii Elite bundle.

:bomb:

Yay, mine's out for delivery! I ordered the PS3 version, and it shipped out yesterday from Cerritos. I didn't get the shipment notice until just now though.:D

No idea what happened...I emailed them about the status of my order since it says its still in the warehouse and they emailed me back with a tracking number that states its out for delivery for TODAY! They shipped it yesterday. Wooohoo!

I was just about to post that mine had not shipped yet nor have they replied to my email. But just this very second, they sent me an email reply stating my order will be shipped today and that I should have an email with a tracking number soon.

I wonder what date mine will be delivered.

Sounds good Ghandi2002 and LinkinPrime, I live in OC too and that's damn good service.

I might go to BB on Sunday to see if they have it or not until my Amazon order comes in.

Oh excellent. I was getting very bummed out that I hadn't heard anything when it seemed like a minority was left without shipping info. Well my package has been shipped and has made it to Des Moines - which is about 30 miles away. It'll be here Monday!

[quote name='Se7en69']I was just about to post that mine had not shipped yet nor have they replied to my email. But just this very second, they sent me an email reply stating my order will be shipped today and that I should have an email with a tracking number soon.

I wonder what date mine will be delivered.[/QUOTE]

What is the e-mail or webpage you all use to e-mail them?

I got the 360 bundle and it shipped yesterday with a scheduled delivery of 10/29. I haven't gotten an email yet though.

EDIT: Shipping confirmation email was in my spam folder

My status says this. Does that mean I might get it today?

LAS VEGAS,
NV, US 10/26/2007 2:46 P.M. IN TRANSIT TO

[quote name='leshrac55']The game has a hard release of 10/28. Coming straight from the publisher probably means that you can be sure you won't receive it before that date, as that would mean the publisher is "breaking street date". No one delivers on Sundays, so 10/29 is probably about the earliest anyone should expect to see it if you ordered from them. As it is, "one of the first" is intentionally vague, and doesn't mean anything. You could be "one of the first" people to play the game even if you didn't get it for a month.[/quote]

Uh, no. I have talked to a couple stores locally in my town that have CONFIRMED that this will be on the shelf SUNDAY. At Target (my buddy works in electronics there) said they actually already HAVE them in the back as he was looking at it this morning.

On redoctane's page, the exact wording is "Be one of the first to RECEIVE Guitar Hero, Legends of rock".

There is nothing vague about that statement at all. They are implying exactly that....which is false. Mine finally shipped...with an ETA of 10/31....lovely.

[quote name='kipz']My status says this. Does that mean I might get it today?

LAS VEGAS,
NV, US 10/26/2007 2:46 P.M. IN TRANSIT TO[/quote]

Does it have this:
Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 10/26/2007.

In bold on top? If so, yes.

[quote name='kipz']My status says this. Does that mean I might get it today?

LAS VEGAS,
NV, US 10/26/2007 2:46 P.M. IN TRANSIT TO[/quote]

no

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Does it have this:
Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 10/26/2007.

In bold on top? If so, yes.[/QUOTE]

LP I can't thank you enough they got back promptly with me and told me the tracking number. I had never gotten an e-mail telling me it was shipped either but according to the UPS tracking it was shipped the 25th and should be here the 29th. If any of you are wondering I would e-mail the e-mail that LP posted or use

[quote name='kyzen']I found a store by me that broke the street date on the game itself (not the bundle). Any idea if the game packaged in the bundle will be identical to the game being sold seperately?[/QUOTE]
It's most likely going to have the text "Not for Resale" where the barcode would normally be, so it'd be very difficult to return it as if it were the one you bought solo. Unless you can magically switch out the cover inserts without unwrapping the game...

Wtf, Guitar Center is going to have the Xbox 360 version for $89.99 on Sunday. Looks like I'm going there and saving myself ~$3 from Amazon.

Mine still shows online as "In Warehouse", however... this was just delivered by UPS! :D

gh3.jpg

[quote name='Troz1820']Mine still shows online as "In Warehouse", however... this was just delivered by UPS! :D

gh3.jpg
[/quote]

WTF!? That's awesome!!

Mind checking the tracking on the box to see when it was shipped?

[quote name='Brymo']WTF!? That's awesome!!

Mind checking the tracking on the box to see when it was shipped?[/QUOTE]
Shipped yesterday, 10/25, from Santa Fe Springs, CA. Didn't have very far to go...

[quote name='Troz1820']Shipped yesterday, 10/25, from Santa Fe Springs, CA. Didn't have very far to go...[/quote]

Ah! Lucky!

Mine shipped from CA as well, but I will get it on the 30th due to me in WA.

[quote name='Troz1820']Mine still shows online as "In Warehouse", however... this was just delivered by UPS! :D

gh3.jpg
[/quote]Was it packaged pretty well?

Ah poop troz, you had me so excited. I just went to check my front door, no dice though. I did see a UPS truck driving away from my apartment this afternoon, so I thought maybe! It's sad to know that my shipment is in Des Moines which is just 30 miles away, but I'll have to wait till Monday to get it - and that's if I'm lucky enough to be home when Brown drops by!

gh3.jpg
[/quote]

I hate you.
LOL just kidding, mate. Still, you're a real lucky one, and you'll be "one of the first to play GH3"...and RedOctane wasn't lying to you. However, the rest of us feel very cheated...haha. Well, have fun :bomb:

All you crybabies out there,i did not get my Halo 3 game till a full week after the release date,talk about lame. Thanks lionsgames you suckkkkkkkkkkk.....

[quote name='Troz1820']There was no padding, aside from using the guitar bag as padding.[/quote]No biggie. What's the description of that guitar strap they sent you? It looks pretty decent. Hopefully that's the one I get.

Just got my package...I sent an email when I first ordered asking if I could get the shirt in Medium...they told me that all they had was XL, but I got an M.

They definately have great customer service even though their order status site is misleading. I'm totally satisfied with my purchase.

EDIT: They gipped me my bonus faceplate. I'll email them about it later.

Still no shipping email, status is still warehouse, and even though I sent an email to the CS before they even opened, no email back.

Thanks, assholes.

Congrats on getting it early!

I am wondering if I am getting it at all. Even after they emailed me back saying it was going to be shipped today, still no dice. I wish they were up front so I could cancel. I would have just picked it up at any store. It's so odd too because I ordered on 8/31. Plenty of time. Really wanted the free stuff, but now I am willing to let it go just to get the blasted game.

This has been a frustrating experience. It is almost as bad as the Kubrick Blue-Ray's I ordered from the Warner Brothers store. I ordered the Kubrick's in late July and they still haven't shipped. I sure have chosen a bad time to preorder things!

[quote name='Rocko']Still no shipping email, status is still warehouse, and even though I sent an email to the CS before they even opened, no email back.

Thanks, assholes.[/quote]

Ha Ha! Pretty soon we will have to riot!

Anybody out there in the same boat still?

The package is at a UPS facility within a 20 mile radius of me. I wish I could just arrange to pick it up tomorrow instead of getting it delivered Monday.

[quote name='Se7en69']Ha Ha! Pretty soon we will have to riot!

Anybody out there in the same boat still?[/quote]Yep. They did say that shipping emails usually go out within a day of shipping (which is kinda silly), but that means if it shipped today, you might not get an email till tomorrow anyway.

I'll make sure to call if I don't get an email this weekend. If I remembered today was Friday and their CS wasn't about Saturday/Sunday I would've called today.

bread's done
Back