Guitar Hero III @ RedOctane Free Shipping and Extras X360, Wii, PS3, & PS2

coldlight

CAGiversary!
RedOctane's store has Guitar Hero 3 pre-order bundles up with free shipping:

http://redoctane.com/gh3.html
[quote name='RedOctane.com'][FONT=arial, helvetica]*Pre-Order Terms and Conditions
We will ship out your order as early as possible so you will be one of the first to receive this product. Your credit card will be authorized. However we will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped...
[/FONT] [/quote]

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hold the presses - code: Vgmusic = 10% off[/quote]
vgmusic code DEAD

:360: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:360: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Elite Bundle $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Extreme Bundle - 89.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme Bundle - $89.99 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme 2P Bundle- $149.98 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

The regular priced bundle labeled 'extreme' includes the following free bonuses:

Custom 2" Guitar Strap
Dual Gig Bag
Key Ring

For an extra 10$ you can get the 'elite' bundles which includes the above items as well as:

Guitar Hero T-Shirt
Guitar Faceplate

I pre-ordered Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 from them, and even though the free shipping is ground, they shipped it early so it arrived on the street date.

Hope this helps someone, the freebies are pretty decent.

**I did a search for this on deals forum and couldn't find it posted, if it has please lock this post.

(LinkinPrime Edit: Added direct links to all versions)

RO's shipping practices can be pretty screwy. I received mine before it was even marked as shipped. 5 days after I receieved the package, I got an email saying my item was shipped. Oh well, I guess the alternative is worse (they say it shipped and it didnt).

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']God damn I just hope they forgot to scan it or something! I emailed UPS just for shits and giggles.[/quote]I haven't had any experiences with UPS relating to delayed tracking info, especially at the earliest shipping stages. That "Billing Info" status you have is just a shipping label being printed out by the shipper.

So after a few emails sent back and forth I finally got a warranty form to fill out for my broken guitar. Filled it out on the seventh, awaiting a reply.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I haven't had any experiences with UPS relating to delayed tracking info, especially at the earliest shipping stages. That "Billing Info" status you have is just a shipping label being printed out by the shipper.[/QUOTE]

They must have slow printers in Colorado because they've been printing it for four days now. :D

Got a response from UPS already. It was a more generic kind of note just stating that what that status means is that it may not have been physically handed off. If my order is sitting around somewhere still in Red Octane's hands...that would suck. I was told to contact them and I just shot them an email. Perhaps calling would be better, but whatever.

Just got my GHIII yesterday and this game is awesome. The swag from RedOctane was pretty nice too!

I just created a CAG Guitar Hero Group if anyone is interested in joining up. The Guitar Hero site has stat tracking and rankings which is pretty cool. Check it out if you are interested:

http://www.guitarhero.com/tour_groups/207319

It would be great to get a group of CAGs together and see if we can climb up the leaderboards!

[quote name='jlseal']Billing Info Recieves just means that RO has told UPS to come pick it up. It probably hasn't left RO yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know I was told that. I'm just wondering why it's taken 3-4 days for that to happen.

I guess they heard my cries:

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 11/12/2007.
Type: Package
Scheduled Delivery: 11/12/2007

Thanks for the comments/help guys. It's why I love this place.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I guess they heard my cries:

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 11/12/2007.
Type: Package
Scheduled Delivery: 11/12/2007

Thanks for the comments/help guys. It's why I love this place.[/quote]When did you order yours? mine was shipped on Tuesday and I have a date of 11/13 and I live in Ny which I would think is closer.

Wooooo:

SECAUCUS, NJ, US 11/09/2007 9:38 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
HARTFORD, CT, US 11/09/2007 9:39 P.M. IN TRANSIT TO

Was hoping it'd come today but I'll take it Monday!

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Everyone, I talked to CheapyD and he really liked the idea of having a CAG Guitar Hero III group and he signed up too. Let's get everyone to sign up and we can start climbing up the leaderboards!

http://www.guitarhero.com/tour_groups/207319[/quote]Is it possible to join two tour groups at once? I set up my account a few weeks before to "reserve" my band name, but I don't see how to join yours now.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Is it possible to join two tour groups at once? I set up my account a few weeks before to "reserve" my band name, but I don't see how to join yours now.[/quote]

Not sure if you can join more than two groups at once but I do not think that you can because I do not see a "Join" link if I go to other Tour Groups pages. As for joining the CAG group there should be a "Join" link to the left of where is says "recuriting" in the middle of the page after you follow the link:

http://www.guitarhero.com/tour_groups/207319

If you think you are already in another Tour Group, click the drop down in the upper right underneath your name, location etc and select "My Tour Group" and that should take you to the group you are currently registered under. Hope that helps!

[quote name='guyver2077']i was going to ask the exact same thing...[/quote]

I just thought about it, when I saw someones white faceplate.

I just sent an e-mail to RO.

[quote name='Brymo']Anyone get their backordered face plate yet?[/QUOTE]

Totally forgot about it, guess it's time to e-mail them again, they didn't send me a reply last time.

No, I'm still waiting. Here's the response I got earlier this month:

Dear Customer,

You are on our list of faceplates currently back ordered. We will ship them out as soon as we get them in later this month.

Thank you,
RedOctane Customer Service
www.RedOctane.com

Seeing as the month is almost over...

I'd rather they give me a coupon to get one in-stores. That wood one is awesome! And so is the mirror/chrome one.

redoctane has lost my business on the this one.. They used to be awesome... now I can't even get a freakin responce... Damn Activision..

No faceplate yet, got an e-mail about them earlier in the month saying that they were shipping later this month but the month ends tomorrow and no e-mail or nothing.

I got an email yesterday (or the day before, not sure) just vaguely referencing that they're still backordered and will ship out when they arrive.

best bet to get GH2 is on ebay (lots of people sell just the game) or you can google search, there are a few stores that sell just the game.

I e-mailed RO yesterday and to my surprise got a e-mail today 12-4-07 and they said will be shipping the Les Paul faceplate early next week. Just to let everyone know. Here's hoping...............

[quote name='klingon666']I e-mailed RO yesterday and to my surprise got a e-mail today 12-4-07 and they said will be shipping the Les Paul faceplate early next week. Just to let everyone know. Here's hoping...............[/quote]

I sure hope so, can't believe that they waited this long, you'd think that if they pre-sold them that they would have them ready when they shipped the games.

[quote name='mroakley']I'm on the West Coast, about 15 minutes away from Red Octane, and I got mine two days AFTER release. :cry:[/quote]

What people don't understand is video games ship from warehouse, not headquarters XD.

00I got my backordered Wii faceplate today. I never got any email saying it was available or shipped to me. It's pretty neat. I posted a picture in the OTT. I'll see if I can dig it up in a little bit.

My guitar is still in their hands, however. I sent it in over a week ago to get a new one since my whammy bar was fucked up, so I don't have anything to put my new faceplate on. :[

Has anyone aside from Rocko recieved their backordered face plate?? I haven't recieved or heard anything from Red Octane. I can't really believe it would take this long to get these out to customers.

I actually recieved my faceplate later this afternoon after I made my post complaining. Took almost 2 months but I guess at least I got it.

The green skull one was the one i liked most. I wonder if that was only for PS3. Wii got that gold eagle one. I hope 360 doesnt get a lame faceplate. Can we get some pictures?

So This is the Green Skull one I'm assuming:
nitro-150.jpg

And this would be the eagle one:
goldeagle150.jpg

My guess is that they are just randomly sending out whatever they have. If so, I wish I get this one:
unionjack-150.jpg

All styles can be seen here: http://www.redoctane.com/gh-faceplates.html

hopefully mine comes in soon. I seen those pics at redoctane.com but it would be cool to see some real pics while on the guitar. Well i guess im on my way to see if the mail has arrived.

bread's done
Back