Guitar Hero: Metallica - Full Track List - Demo Now On XBLM!

[quote name='tcrash247']Oh yes, I want to spit on my floor during Harvester of Sorrow![/quote]

And then during the long version of "Seek and Destroy", I can pass the mic around to all of the Mexicans in my living room and have them sing the chorus. Only people who have actually listened to Live Shit will understand what I'm talking about.

Searchaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaing

Sheekkhkehkh Aaaaaa Detroooooooooy

or if it had Justice Medley

"Opposition! Contradiction! Premonition! Compromise!
Agitation! Violation! Masturbation...on your face!"

[quote name='Slate']Don't you think this is getting rediculous? First Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Then Guitar Hero: Art Of Noise (I've never heard of that band, Are they still making the game?) Then Guitar Hero 4, Which is more like Rock Band Ripoff 1, And Now Guitar Hero: Metallica? COME ON! This is going to end up worse than madden![/quote]

I would buy Guitar Hero: Art of Noise!! Metalica not so much, but it doesn't bother me that they are doing it, alot of people will love this.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92miS5edOao[/MEDIA]

If they could somehow recreate that performance it would seriously be one of the most awesome moment in any of the games.

i hate metallica.. come talk to me when they do "Guitar Hero: Punk".. then maybe i'll sign up.. I'm on the verge of splurging for the Rock Band now.. only because I can't stand the majoirty of the songs that are on these new guitar heroes.. not that i thought 3 was bad (I actually thought the playlist was pretty good.) but if this is how its going to be.. i can't take it..

[quote name='urzishra14']i hate metallica.. come talk to me when they do "Guitar Hero: Punk".. then maybe i'll sign up.. I'm on the verge of splurging for the Rock Band now.. only because I can't stand the majoirty of the songs that are on these new guitar heroes.. not that i thought 3 was bad (I actually thought the playlist was pretty good.) but if this is how its going to be.. i can't take it..[/QUOTE]Wait, then aren't they doing you a favor by cramming all the Metallica stuff into a separate game??

[quote name='BustaUppa']Wait, then aren't they doing you a favor by cramming all the Metallica stuff into a separate game??[/quote]

You just can't please some people, no matter what.

Something I was thinking about after looking at the partial GH Aerosmith song list...

If they take a similar approach with the Metallica game (also including artists that influenced them), I may have to buy it, GH dislike be damned. Having Diamond Head and Misfits songs in a game like this would be far too tempting to resist...especially since this one is a ways off yet and theoretically could include the drums/vocals of GH4.

Looks like this thing has a whopping 4 songs:

From Metallica we have: “Sad But True” and “Seek And Destroy.” There's also “No Excuses” from Alice In Chains and “Stone Cold Crazy” from Queen.

Actually, not bad tracks on the demo. I'll check it out, but don't see myself picking this up.

[quote name='epb']Looks like this thing has a whopping 4 songs:

From Metallica we have: “Sad But True” and “Seek And Destroy.” There's also “No Excuses” from Alice In Chains and “Stone Cold Crazy” from Queen.

Actually, not bad tracks on the demo. I'll check it out, but don't see myself picking this up.[/QUOTE]

Ill play the demo for a month or so. And then pick up the game when it drops to like $20:)

Playing Sad But True and Seek and Destroy was awesome, but I was wondering how different the game is when playing with the Guitar Hero drums. I am curious if playing with the Guitar Hero drums is a significant enough of a difference to warrant their purchase.

[quote name='epb']Looks like this thing has a whopping 4 songs:

Actually, not bad tracks on the demo. I'll check it out, but don't see myself picking this up.[/QUOTE]

Seek And Destroy!!

That was my main Metallica request/wish song , awesome that I get to play it for free .

Sad But True had some awesome parts. On some power chords, the camera zoomed in and the screen shook.. it made it more awesome that my surround sound was cranked up. It really made it feel like that power chord shook the screen.

I really, really dig the presentation. The band, the pyro.. it's pretty awesome.

Im having a hard time downloading this, not only is it slow, but for some reason it will be at lets say 31%, then 10 minutes later it will be at 18%, I restarted it but its acting weird.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I really want to play the demo, but nope, Microsoft has to be greedy and keep it gold only :/[/quote]

better then the 16cents sony would charge to actibillzion to download it. :lol:

[quote name='musha666']Ill play the demo for a month or so. And then pick up the game when it drops to like $20:)[/quote]
Same here.

I still have issues with the lack of atmosphere in Guitar Hero games compared to Rock Band. If I didn't love the track list, both Metallica and non-Metallica songs, I would have no interest in this. Considering that I do, I will defiantly pick this up.

I'll buy the game when i see it used so as to not support the guitar hero franchise, really tragic that we're not getting harmonix charts for these great songs :(.

hetfield.jpg

[quote name='TripleH13']I'll buy the game when i see it used so as to not support the guitar hero franchise, really tragic that we're not getting harmonix charts for these great songs :(.[/quote]

I agree about the charts. GH charts are utterly terrible compared to the ones in Rock Band.

What? No they're not. If anything, the Rock Band charts are the ones that are always ridiculed mischarted. For eaxmple, the constant alt strumming in "Lazy Eye" when it's an echo effect IRL. There's many more instances of where GH has the more realistic chart (for example, hammering on/pulling off a chord is impossible in real life. ) Sustained notes is a genious idea and makes the charts that much better than Rock Bands.

If you're looking for a realistic experience, GHWT is the way to go. The open note on bass and the aformentioned sustained prolonged is just miles ahead of the bullshit Harmonix made up with hammer on chords and pickups. FFS, I think Harmonix still charts bass chords for stacatto's.

No chart in GH is "utterly terrible". I hate the think that HMX are some kind of gods. They're far from that, and have made several terrible games in the past (AntiGrav). It's just too bad they're sell outs now who don't care about their fans while Neversoft are actually communicating with their fans.

That's fine, but to say GH was "utterly terrible" charts is ignorant and ridiculous. Not that you said it, but lots of people think that.

I perfer GHWT over RB2 though, wheres RB1 was one of my favorite games ever.

I have them both and enjoy both of them as they both offer two different song lists and DLC (for the most part) and somewhat, a different experience.
As I said, I do prefer RB over GH as I feel it offers more and I like the interface and features more than GH, but I'm not a RB fanboy or anything. People made GHWT out to be crap when it's far from.

Most people who say GHWT is crap didn't even play the game and listened to the group think. It sucks because GHWT has a great tracklist too and good charting.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']It's just too bad they're sell outs now who don't care about their fans while Neversoft are actually communicating with their fans.[/QUOTE]
I figured your post was kind of reasonable until I read this.

This is an absolutely ridiculous statement.

How? Harmonix cares so much about their fans that they decided to delete 10 years of history with no forewarning with Freq.Com? Neversoft invites their fans to come to their studios and give feedback on the games. Harmonix alienates their original fans in favor of getting more money from their Rock Band DLC fans.

What I like about RB, is not only can you pay 5 bucks and have pretty much all the songs from the first game into my second, and then sell the first for profit, but the DLC works on both 1 and 2.
GH just spits discs out.

Ha. In the create-a-character, the default punk guy that came up for me had a devilock. Authentic Misfits recreations here I come. Uh, in the full game anyway.

Even the demo works right out of the gate with the Rock Band 2 guitar, which is nice.

ill buy it, but not for 60, 30-40 maybe, shouldn't take that long to hit that price with them releasing so many guitar hero's so fast

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Is the AIC track the original recording? I'll download the demo just to play that.[/QUOTE]

Yes , all four songs in the demo are masters .

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan'](for example, hammering on/pulling off a chord is impossible in real life. )....It's just too bad they're sell outs now who don't care about their fans while Neversoft are actually communicating with their fans.[/quote]

1. No Its not, I do it frequently with power chords, also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSGWdrHRs40&fmt=18

2. HMX actually responds to their fans frequently and has a much bigger and tighter community with the fans than Activision does GH owners.

Demo is good, yet surprisingly easy

going to reserve tomorrow

[quote name='porieux']The Alice in Chains song sucks bigtime. Should have put some Anthrax or Exodus in there.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Jar of Flies was Alice In Chains' best record. You need to lighten up a little and realize that thrash metal isn't the only kind of music that exists.

bread's done
Back