Guitar Hero: Metallica - Full Track List - Demo Now On XBLM!

Maybe hamering on and pulling off the same chord, but there's no physical way to start with a chord like this:

and then hammer on this

Which is what the RB system thinks is logical.

2. No, they don't. If that was the case, Freq.Com would still be up and well. Neversoft also highly respects ScoreHero and invites members to come out. Harmonix does nothing except close down old communities because they aren't making a profit off of it.

[quote name='dim2192']Demo is good, yet surprisingly easy[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I think they have eased up a little with their difficulty - ie, hard is more "Rock Band hard" than "Guitar Hero hard." I'm guessing it's because they added a level above expert, didn't they?

That's fine with me, I'd rather have it easier with the option to crank up the difficulty if I want rather than having the medium setting be harder for anyone who isn't an experienced GH player.

Definitely buying this one. I've got some Best Buy gift cards burning a hole in my pocket.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I really want to play the demo, but nope, Microsoft has to be greedy and keep it gold only :/[/QUOTE]

Same problem for me. Usually I can wait a week, but I really want it to play with my little cousins and my sister when I go out of town in a few days.

[quote name='dim2192']I disagree. Jar of Flies was Alice In Chains' best record. You need to lighten up a little and realize that thrash metal isn't the only kind of music that exists.[/QUOTE]

LOL! Really, thrash metal isn't the only music that exists?? I never would have guessed...

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Most people who say GHWT is crap didn't even play the game and listened to the group think. It sucks because GHWT has a great tracklist too and good charting.[/quote]

This post hurts my brain.

The RB2 setlist shit all over the GH:WT setlist. I played both. The only songs that were decent from GH were the ones that they ripped from RB2.

[quote name='Trakan']This post hurts my brain.

The RB2 setlist shit all over the GH:WT setlist. I played both. The only songs that were decent from GH were the ones that they ripped from RB2.[/quote]

I think the Rock Revolution soundtrack might be better than both of them, if all the songs hadn't been shitty covers.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I think the Rock Revolution soundtrack might be better than both of them, if all the songs hadn't been shitty covers.[/quote]

This may be true. I only heard a couple of songs off that setlist.

Played the GH: Metallica demo, and while the songs themselves are good, I still can't help but hate the way GH does things.

They need to revamp some things. It's still too hard to tell which notes you can hammer on/pull off, especially when using star power. I see Activision still feels the need to throw annoying shit my way when I'm playing to distract me from playing the actual song. Not only does it throw up the note streak message every 100 notes, but now the entire screen shakes during songs.

They finally made it so you can see how well you're doing/how many stars you have during the song, unless that was there before this, but I don't remember it being there.

[quote name='Trakan']They finally made it so you can see how well you're doing/how many stars you have during the song, unless that was there before this, but I don't remember it being there.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's new.

[quote name='Trakan']This may be true. I only heard a couple of songs off that setlist.

Played the GH: Metallica demo, and while the songs themselves are good, I still can't help but hate the way GH does things.

They need to revamp some things. It's still too hard to tell which notes you can hammer on/pull off, especially when using star power. I see Activision still feels the need to throw annoying shit my way when I'm playing to distract me from playing the actual song. Not only does it throw up the note streak message every 100 notes, but now the entire screen shakes during songs.

They finally made it so you can see how well you're doing/how many stars you have during the song, unless that was there before this, but I don't remember it being there.[/quote]

I dont have a problem with HO/PO's,screen shaking got to me at first, but once i got used to it its kinda cool how it fits in with the song.

overall I think the presentation is stellar (except for the damn song selection menu) the performances are great, and the soundtrack is awesome, I see myself having fun with this for a long time.

edit: also I dont like how the HO/PO's feel much easier this time around.

edit2: I must say too, the Note charts in the game are great, not speaking for the AIC song since Ive never actually played it, but Seek and Destroy, Sad But True, and Stone Cold Crazy feel authentic.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rocko']Can you cite something about Harmonix other than Freq.com?[/QUOTE]

AntiGravFans.Com

Trakan I like you, but are you seriously saying you'd take Linkin Park over The Eagles? Paramore instead of Wings?

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']AntiGravFans.Com

Trakan I like you, but are you seriously saying you'd take Linkin Park over The Eagles? Paramore instead of Wings?[/quote]

I hate the Eagles. I think they're highly overrated. That being said, I'd probably still take Hotel California over Linkin Park.

I'm not a big Wings fan either, but I like the Beatles. Band on the Run was kind of fun to play I guess. I just dislike the way GH does things along with its interface so much that I won't even put the game in to play those songs. I would prefer that Paramore song over the Wings song, by the way. For me, in these music games, it's all about the fun factor. I've bought songs I'm not crazy about in Rock Band just because they're actually fun to play. That free Miranda Cosgrove song, while not something I'd ever listen to outside of Rock Band, is really fun to play.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Due to a bidding war that Activision could've had the Beatles also, but they have Wings which is 1/3 of the Beatles.[/quote]
I'm sorry, but Wings doesn't hold a fucking candle to The Beatles. I Hate being a part of these conversations, but at times I got to shoot my mouth. Harmonix gets points in my book because one of the developers came to our Rock Band nights my friend has and I doubt Activision would ever do something like that. Plus after he left he sent us a big ass care package full of shirts, pins, and stickers. If that isn't fan interaction, I don't know what is.

Besides that, GH: Metallica is fun. They really shaped up the interface and everything to be more interactive compared to GH:WT in my opinion. Though it's not the note charts I have problems with, it's more so the choices they went with in how to play them (the hold one long note down while playing others still feels kinda stupid) and the "string" hammer on's feel overly gimmicky. Like basically repackaging the GH3 HOPO's. It's nice, but even for a demo I can easily say it doesn't feel like a $60 game. That and I've been spoiled by the song transfer of RB and DLC.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Guitar Hero gets Aerosmith and Metallica while Rock Band gets the Beatles.[/QUOTE]

And AC/DC. Whatever that's worth to you.

I enjoyed the demo and I thought it was funny they start you out on easy. I can go up to hard but not expert yet. I went back to WT and played the Metallica DLC songs. OMG they are so long and yet I do custom gigs with the songs so they're like reaaaaly long gigs lol. Good thing my gold membership runs out on the 28th haha.

Plus I don't see a problem putting in a new disc to play different tracks, as long as the songs are compatible.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']AntiGravFans.Com

Trakan I like you, but are you seriously saying you'd take Linkin Park over The Eagles? Paramore instead of Wings?[/QUOTE]
So you cite Harmonix's faults in issues not related to Rock Band, but praise Neversoft for their GH related actions. That makes no sense.

And please tell me you don't think those music comparisons are legitimate comparisons between the games.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I preordered this tonight at GS. They told me that there was a shortage of the pedals and they won't be in until April.[/quote]

I wish there was a definate answer how well the pedal will work with RB drums. I also wonder if there will actually be a splitter like the gamestop website says. The Guitarhero sites for the game don't mention the splitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rocko']So you cite Harmonix's faults in issues not related to Rock Band, but praise Neversoft for their GH related actions. That makes no sense.

And please tell me you don't think those music comparisons are legitimate comparisons between the games.[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't say that. I said Harmonix doesn't care for their fans unless it's their flavor of the week, while Neversoft has always showed massive support and continues to do so for their previous games and current games.

Don't worry, once Harmonix' new game comes out that isn't titled Rock Band and they put the development shoes on another company, RockBand.Com will be shut down and they won't ever speak of it again. It's happened to all of their previous games (KR, Amp/Freq, AntiGrav, Phase).

It also doesn't help that they threaten to sue all the fan sites if they dare say something negative about their games (which is 100% true as this happened to me). That's about the time I lost all respect for Harmonix/Konami.

Great demo, and great songs to get us excited about the game. If you're thinking that it'll be just like Aeromsith than you're wrong. You could see that some true effort was put into this one.

Anyone else really like the background with Metallica playing? I'm really enjoying the black and white filter with the more realistic graphics. I especially enjoyed the camera vibrating whenever James said "Hey!" in Sad But True. The mo-cap in this game is also far superior to any past real-life GH characters.

I would be excited about this game if it wasn't for being a Guitar Hero game. I bought World tour and we were playing it in a party and everyone wanted to switch back to Rock Band 2. Everything is unnecessarily hard, the singing is annoying, the guitar note charts are stupid (yeah guys, let's make expert playing hit a bunch of random buttons with note charts that make no sense and make you play both lead and rhythm guitar), the drums were ok, and the bass (aint' buying guitar hero to play bass so I don't know). activision let me down last time, I'm not going to this crap again

And if you think, don't listen to him, he probably sucks.I passed that crap Guitar tour on expert

Can anyone actually talk about the compatibility with this demo? Do the RB2 drums work? I'm pretty sure we all know that the Rock Band 2 guitar works.

[quote name='Warlock TCK']Can anyone actually talk about the compatibility with this demo? Do the RB2 drums work? I'm pretty sure we all know that the Rock Band 2 guitar works.[/quote]

I just got done playing with my Rock Band 1 drums, so if those work I would think that they Rock Band 2 ones would work also.

I assume someone in this thread has GH World Tour. I sold my game, so I don't need the bonus songs anymore obviously.

2. Boston - Rock and Roll Band:
DK7DR-H3XRX-WBQC9-DXPVX-YTPFY

5. Nirvana - Sliver:
DQFPR-38RPF-Y79XJ-KQY94-BPW2G

6. Oasis - The Shock of the Lightning:
DP7HK-XMX9Y-KBMFD-Y3YGF-CJDPY

8. Raconteurs - Salute your Solutions:
F8X9Y-WGCWK-VGQMW-QKW29-QQ92B

9. Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl:
DRDCQ-JG894-49CD8-JHVRH-924FD

I haven't used any of the codes, so they should all work.

[quote name='Gamehead']I assume someone in this thread has GH World Tour. I sold my game, so I don't need the bonus songs anymore obviously.

I haven't used any of the codes, so they should all work.[/QUOTE]

thx for the Code.

Rock Band is fun and Guitar hero is fun.

as for this GH is better or RB is better stuff blah blah

Having played them all and owning them all........Rock bands touring of cities/clubs is sweet and the DLC is massive. (thank u for the dead kennedy's)

I perfer the note layouts alot more on GH, and i think the GH:WT setlist is great.

Metallica ill buy when its $50 or below, not a huge fan but they still rock. And 49 (28 metallica 21 other) songs for $60 or if it had been DLC around 25-30 songs for $50.........no thx. $2 a song gets old real quick, especially since i can't slap it on my ipod and listen to it while im at work.

[quote name='Gamehead']I assume someone in this thread has GH World Tour. I sold my game, so I don't need the bonus songs anymore obviously.

2. Boston - Rock and Roll Band:
DK7DR-H3XRX-WBQC9-DXPVX-YTPFY

5. Nirvana - Sliver:
DQFPR-38RPF-Y79XJ-KQY94-BPW2G

6. Oasis - The Shock of the Lightning:
DP7HK-XMX9Y-KBMFD-Y3YGF-CJDPY

8. Raconteurs - Salute your Solutions:
F8X9Y-WGCWK-VGQMW-QKW29-QQ92B

I haven't used any of the codes, so they should all work.[/quote]

Unfortunately they had a problem with the codes before and then sent you to a retrieval page to get new ones but it seems like your codes don't work and the retrieval page is down lol. Oh well I have 3 of those 5 songs anyways.

Wow, just tried Search and Destroy on Hard, (I'm a light weight I know), and I got murdered in that solo. >< Only got to 60% of the song. Metallica is awesome to play guitar hero to but sometimes it gets a bit repetitive.

[quote name='Papa Neorev']thx for the Code.

Rock Band is fun and Guitar hero is fun.

as for this GH is better or RB is better stuff blah blah

Having played them all and owning them all........Rock bands touring of cities/clubs is sweet and the DLC is massive. (thank u for the dead kennedy's)

I perfer the note layouts alot more on GH, and i think the GH:WT setlist is great.

Metallica ill buy when its $50 or below, not a huge fan but they still rock. And 49 (28 metallica 21 other) songs for $60 or if it had been DLC around 25-30 songs for $50.........no thx. $2 a song gets old real quick, especially since i can't slap it on my ipod and listen to it while im at work.[/quote]

Youre not just paying for the rights to the songs, theres also a game built around it.

I remember on a Cagcast, CheapyD said Slash (Ex member of GN'R) leaked out info that a Guitar Hero Jimi Hendrix was going to come out.
But now with a lot of Hendrix on GHWT, I doubt it was true.

^

What songs are in the demo? Definitely wanna try it out before the purchase...haven't touched a music game in quite awhile.

[quote name='Warlock TCK']Can anyone actually talk about the compatibility with this demo? Do the RB2 drums work? I'm pretty sure we all know that the Rock Band 2 guitar works.[/quote] I played the demo on RB 2 drums with no issues.

[quote name='naiku']What songs are in the demo? Definitely wanna try it out before the purchase...haven't touched a music game in quite awhile.[/quote]

Alice in Chains - No Excuses
Metallica - Sad but True
Metallica - Seek and Destroy
Queen - Stone Cold Crazy

[quote name='Rig']Metallica is fine...but I think I'm passing on it. I don't want to keep picking up versions of this game.[/quote]

Not at the price they keep asking. Way too much for a glorified song pack. Even the song packs cost too much. Harmonix should tell the labels they don't get any money from sales, that the game itself is essentialy free advertisement. It's proven definitively that a band simply appearing in GH or Rock Band has an explosion of sales. For any featured band on iTunes, their #1 selling song is almost always whatever one was in one of those games. Like Maps with Yeah Yeah Yeahs when the band certainly has a boatload of superior material.

Two things crunchb3rry. One Harmonix develops Rock Band and two, they are currently in a stalemate situation with Warner music because Warner wants more money per track. Music executives can't seem to grasp the benefits of being in the game, they just see that $ sign per track.

I just looked at the song list on wiki and I'll pass. The Metallica stuff is (mostly) cool but the other bands can (mostly) suck it.

I know you guys probably don't know, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

If I buy the Death Magnetic DLC, when I play it in Guitar Hero Metallica, is it going to be Metallica performing the songs? It should be, but you never know.

I imagine you can select your characters, like every other version of the game.

The gameplay vids look so fucking unbelievably metal. James really looks like James.

[quote name='evanft'] James really looks like James.[/quote]
Do Shnozberries taste like Shnozberries :)

By the way including No Excuses in the Demo sealed the deal for me. I never really listened to Metallica, but playing that Alice in Chains song on my plastic instruments felt great.

Played through the demo, I really hope the full game has some hard songs like gh3 did at release. I am probably going to pick this game up just because the music is fun to play. Seek and Destroy was a blast... but 5* on expert first run through made me wish there is some difficult shit on its way.

bread's done
Back