Guitar Hero: Metallica - Full Track List - Demo Now On XBLM!

[quote name='evanft']Um, if you like Metallica, there's a pretty big chance you'll like a lot of the other bands as well.[/quote]

Exactly. I'm just as excited about the non-Metallica songs, especially the Mercyful Fate and Samhain songs, as I am the Metallica songs.

Cute. More deleted posts.

I have been thrown into two Band vs. Band games so far, with the band I'm stuck with completely sucking, and failing out before we can get to the second verse. I was just easily thrown into a third Band vs. Band, so let's see how this goes... Oh boy, Master of Puppets. And I'm the vocalist. Yep, the guitarist is in red 5 seconds after the song begins. I have to leave. This blows. I'm basically helping people get the achievement easier, and I want the damn thing for myself.

[quote name='Scorch']
First off, the presentation, as noted, is top notch. You really feel as if they're playing on stage, and it is, without a doubt, the best a GH game has looked. The unfortunate part of this is that you're supposed to be paying attention to the notechart. This could've been remedied with a mode similar to Rock Band 2's axed "Jukebox" mode, where there'd be no notechart or anything, you'd just get to watch the band play. I kept getting distracted by pyro and crazy antics and I would miss a note or two.

[/QUOTE]

Go into career, click the blue button on a song, and then select Metallifacts.

[quote name='seanr1221']Go into career, click the blue button on a song, and then select Metallifacts.[/quote]

Right on! That's awesome! Thanks. Gives me a reason to play through career mode.

[quote name='twen']Cute. More deleted posts.

I have been thrown into two Band vs. Band games so far, with the band I'm stuck with completely sucking, and failing out before we can get to the second verse. I was just easily thrown into a third Band vs. Band, so let's see how this goes... Oh boy, Master of Puppets. And I'm the vocalist. Yep, the guitarist is in red 5 seconds after the song begins. I have to leave. This blows. I'm basically helping people get the achievement easier, and I want the damn thing for myself.[/quote]

Well you're lucky you can play online, I have not been able to experience a band vs band or let alone play with a friend. >< Give it a few days and then try again. Achievements don't have expiration dates.

So far I'm happy with the game. I had some reward zone certificates, so it was a little cheaper, but I think the game is a good value.

[quote name='twen']Cute. More deleted posts.

I have been thrown into two Band vs. Band games so far, with the band I'm stuck with completely sucking, and failing out before we can get to the second verse. I was just easily thrown into a third Band vs. Band, so let's see how this goes... Oh boy, Master of Puppets. And I'm the vocalist. Yep, the guitarist is in red 5 seconds after the song begins. I have to leave. This blows. I'm basically helping people get the achievement easier, and I want the damn thing for myself.[/quote]

If you want you can send me a friend request and I can help out. I can 5 star everything except 1 or 2 songs in the game on guitar. Have most of the band achievements except for the million on Battery one.

It sort of pains me to say it since I'm a gung-ho Rock Band fan, but I LOVE this fucking game. I haven't bought a game the morning it came out and then sat around playing it with friends all day in over 10 years. If I hadn't blown my voice out on my birthday gathering on Friday I would have been able to sing, but I'm still recovering. Oh well.

Best Buy gave me two of the "tattoo sleeves" on accident. Har har. After getting slightly blitzed we actually opened up one of the packages and were...uh, pleasantly surprised to see that they give you one for each arm.

[quote name='deszaras']Exactly. I'm just as excited about the non-Metallica songs, especially the Mercyful Fate and Samhain songs, as I am the Metallica songs.[/QUOTE]

That Samhain song is awkward as hell for people don't know it, the tempo is kind of weird. It's been burned into my brain since the mid-90's along with the rest of their catalog so I certainly enjoyed it.

I would have thought you were full of shit if, back when GH2 came out, you had told me we'd be playing Samhain and Diamond Head songs in these games. Still kind of annoyed no Misfits track since it would have made more sense than Samhain, but I'm sure that material is a legal deathtrap so it's understandable.

I gotta say.. Fuel really gives you a shot of energy unlike any other song in Guitar Hero or Rock Band. Expert guitar on that is the shit. Once you're comfortable playing expert and you can just relax and hit notes, you can just sit back and enjoy the song. I may try to double up on singing and playing.

I also enjoy playing All Nightmare Long. I think I was just burned out last night because I was stressed from numerous things and played it when I was half asleep. I played it some more today and it's a blast.

Feel free to send me a friend request so we can get some 4 player band games going. I can do expert guitar/bass. When it's not late at night, I can do drums on hard if needed.

[quote name='KaneRobot']It sort of pains me to say it since I'm a gung-ho Rock Band fan, but I LOVE this fucking game. I haven't bought a game the morning it came out and then sat around playing it with friends all day in over 10 years. If I hadn't blown my voice out on my birthday gathering on Friday I would have been able to sing, but I'm still recovering. Oh well.

Best Buy gave me two of the "tattoo sleeves" on accident. Har har. After getting slightly blitzed we actually opened up one of the packages and were...uh, pleasantly surprised to see that they give you one for each arm.

That Samhain song is awkward as hell for people don't know it, the tempo is kind of weird. It's been burned into my brain since the mid-90's along with the rest of their catalog so I certainly enjoyed it.

I would have thought you were full of shit if, back when GH2 came out, you had told me we'd be playing Samhain and Diamond Head songs in these games. Still kind of annoyed no Misfits track since it would have made more sense than Samhain, but I'm sure that material is a legal deathtrap so it's understandable.[/quote]

I'm a gung ho Rock Band fan as well and I love this game but it's completely related to the tracklist. As I was playing it yesterday, I could only think how great this list would have been in Rock Band.
I can easily imagine how Samhain's tempo would throw off non-fans but I fell right into it. A Misfits song would have been nice but considering the legal shit regarding that stuff, I didn't expect it at all. I don't think a Misfits song would be much more appropriate relative to having Samhain. Honestly, because Samhain isn't as well known as the Misfits, I was more excited one of their songs is on here.

Target put this out early, so we got it on Friday and rocked out for the entire weekend.

GH Metallica - 1, GH guitar controller - 0. :whistle2:(

I'll be the first I guess. Feel free to follow-up with yours.

Five songs from their catalog that should have been in there (excluding Death Magnetic stuff since it can be downloaded):

1. The Four Horsemen
2. No Remorse
3. Damage Inc.
4. The Small Hours
5. Unforgiven II

[quote name='deszaras']I don't think a Misfits song would be much more appropriate relative to having Samhain.[/QUOTE]
I guess, but I don't see many Samhain covers in Metallica's history other than a live rendition of Halloween II here and there. When Danzig toured with Metallica in '94 and they did songs together, they were doing Misfits songs.

I guess if anything Twist of Cain from the first Danzig record should have been on there since James did backing vocals. Still glad to see Samhain in there though. It varies depending on my mood but once in a while I prefer the Samhain stuff to the Misfits stuff anyway.

Just picked my copy up this morning. I can't wait to get home from work to rock out ! As a matter of fact I'm going to play with my GHII guitar that I wrote "More Beer" on just like the Justice era poster in my room from '89-'92.

edit: judging from my sig, my son's on spring break already playing !!

There are so many other songs I want on there, but here's five that aren't repeats of your list.

1. Helpless
2. Breadfan
3. Harvester of Sorrow
4. Bleeding Me
5. Devil's Dance

As a matter of fact I'm going to play with my GHII guitar that I wrote "More Beer" on just like the Justice era poster in my room from '89-'92.

I've debated writing "EET FUK" on my Explorer ever since I've had it. :lol:

[quote name='KaneRobot']I'll be the first I guess. Feel free to follow-up with yours.

Five songs from their catalog that should have been in there (excluding Death Magnetic stuff since it can be downloaded):[/QUOTE]

I'll play along since I don't have my copy yet:

1. Of Wolf & Man
2. So What
3. Die, Die My Darling
4. My Friend of Misery
5. The Struggle Within

[quote name='shieryda']Breadfan and The Prince.[/QUOTE]

Not a big fan of Breadfan but I love The Prince. It was on my list but I took it off since I already had a "speed" song on there. I'd download that song immediately. Heck, I'll take the Diamond Head version too - I'm not a fan of the original Am I Evil? but The Prince is great, both original and Metallica versions.

"EET FUK" references always rule. http://heavymetalwedding.ytmnd.com/

1. Ride The Lightning
2. Blackened
3. And Justice For All
4. The Call of Ktulu
5. To Live Is To Die
6. Phantom Lord

For Whom The Bell Tolls should have had the extended Burton bass intro.

I would have loved if they had a Burton bass solo.

All in all it's a great track list but they missed a few(I second Four Horsemen and Harvester of Sorrow).

[quote name='evildeadjedi']1. Ride The Lightning
2. Blackened
3. And Justice For All
4. The Call of Ktulu
5. To Live Is To Die
6. Phantom Lord​

For Whom The Bell Tolls should have had the extended Burton bass intro.​

I would have loved if they had a Burton bass solo.​

All in all it's a great track list but they missed a few(I second Four Horsemen and Harvester of Sorrow).​

[/quote]

This!

I would have loved Four Horsemen on it also. Game is great so far.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Still glad to see Samhain in there though. It varies depending on my mood but once in a while I prefer the Samhain stuff to the Misfits stuff anyway.[/quote]

I feel the same way. Most of the time I'd rather listen to Samhain over Misfits.

While I have my 5 like ya'll do, I am still amazed and incredibly pleased by some of the songs they put on here.

-No Remorse
-Phantom Lord
-Harvester of Sorrow
-Of Wolf and Man
-either The Struggle Within or Leper Messiah

[quote name='punkmaggit']YES :applause:. I would buy Guitar Hero Van Halen in a fucking heartbeat.[/quote]

An entry was put in our POS for Guitar Hero Van Halen for about two days, then it was removed. So it's probably in the works but wasn't supposed to be added to our database yet. Once it was removed, they added Guitar Hero 5 to the POS.

//edit: oh look, someone uploaded pics on gonintendo.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=75876

[quote name='seanr1221']Go into career, click the blue button on a song, and then select Metallifacts.[/QUOTE]

Goddamn, that rules. I just noticed that feature. Rock Band needs something like that pronto. Not necessarily with the pop-up video facts or whatever, but something to finally deliver on that jukebox feature they talked about.

[quote name='erectiontown']so what's a good, cheap solution to get double bass for those of us who have the RB2 drum set?[/quote]

Not sure what your definition of "cheap" is, but Best Buy has this for $29.99 and GameStop has this for $24.99. Both come with a kick pedal and splitter to allow for double bass action. I have yet to bite, so I can't vouch for either. Anyone have any play time on either of these?

Did they change the timing windows on white notes? i find myself nailing a lot of the solos when i really shouldn't be, so it seems a bit easier then gh3 imo.
few of the expert songs have a weird strum rythmn that i need to get used too that and time to practice Creeping Death for 575k achievement D:

overall fun, handful of songs are challenging, most are pretty easy. the new "hold" notes & the chord holds are cool additions.

[quote name='naiku']Did they change the timing windows on white notes? i find myself nailing a lot of the solos when i really shouldn't be, so it seems a bit easier then gh3 imo. [/quote]

lolololololololololololol

Um, no. No. No. No. GH3 had no timing window for the HOPO notes. It was just "be holding the note when it passes.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Not sure what your definition of "cheap" is, but Best Buy has this for $29.99 and GameStop has this for $24.99. Both come with a kick pedal and splitter to allow for double bass action. I have yet to bite, so I can't vouch for either. Anyone have any play time on either of these?[/quote]
thanks for the reply... looks like the BB one is flimsy and gets pretty poor reviews. I may pick up the GS one since i have a cockton of credit.

i wanna play some goddamn metal

[quote name='evanft']lolololololololololololol

Um, no. No. No. No. GH3 had no timing window for the HOPO notes. It was just "be holding the note when it passes.[/quote]
eh feels easier in this game. just played online combo'd all of Orions solos( -9 from fc )....either not playing guitar hero/rock band for 4months makes u better, the solos are not as complex as gh3 or the timing is more forgiving.

sucks not being able to get all the achievements....no room for drums in my room :/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='erectiontown']so what's a good, cheap solution to get double bass for those of us who have the RB2 drum set?[/quote]

I've used the pedal from Gamestop on my RB1 kit and it worked well. I'm not sure how it does on the RB2 drums.

[quote name='deszaras']I've used the pedal from Gamestop on my RB1 kit and it worked well. I'm not sure how it does on the RB2 drums.[/quote]
i ordered the universal pedal from gamestop since it's the exact same pedal that comes with RB2. it comes with a splitter and everything, and since it's officially licensed, i assume it'll work great. i'm going to destroy war ensemble on expert + son

[quote name='naiku']the new "hold" notes & the chord holds are cool additions.[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, those were first introduced in GH: World Tour

[quote name='deszaras']I've used the pedal from Gamestop on my RB1 kit and it worked well. I'm not sure how it does on the RB2 drums.[/quote]
Only other thing I can think of is that at Gamestop they have Rock Band pedal with splitter for $25 or so. Me and my friend's are probably going to try that tonight, that and try to see if we can make it work on the Ions as well.

[quote name='bardockkun']Only other thing I can think of is that at Gamestop they have Rock Band pedal with splitter for $25 or so. Me and my friend's are probably going to try that tonight, that and try to see if we can make it work on the Ions as well.[/quote]
we need GH: NIN amirite?

[quote name='erectiontown']we need GH: NIN amirite?[/quote]
Nah, I'm fine with them being here and there as DLC and left it as just that.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Not sure what your definition of "cheap" is, but Best Buy has this for $29.99 and GameStop has this for $24.99. Both come with a kick pedal and splitter to allow for double bass action. I have yet to bite, so I can't vouch for either. Anyone have any play time on either of these?[/quote]

I sold mine on ebay for $20.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Nyko Metal Pedal with splitter!
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/31/nykos-metal-pedal-now-available-includes-splitter-for-double-b/[/quote]
so i actually picked one of these up from gamestop. i was megastoked because it came in the coffin box and looked sturdy as hell. well. i took it out of the package and the pedal barely depresses down, so it's a lot different than the RB2. it maybe goes down a centimeter. it's fine if you're using two of the nyko pedals, but it would take a lot of getting used to to depress one pedal so much more than the other to maintain rhythm.

however! i didn't get to test it out because the goddamn pedal didn't work at all!! the only time it would register a kick is when i unplugged and plugged in the jack, so it was a total bust. i fiddled with it for 30 minutes and took it back and exchanged it for the official RB pedal/splitter, which works just fine, though i can't tell if i just suck or if it's not registering the really fast double bass notes (i've played drums for 10 years, so i know what i'm doing; i am a bit rusty though)

tl; dr, btw.

bread's done
Back