Guitar Hero with Guitar Controller $39.99 + shipping at Outpost (10/13-10/19 only)

I wonder if this is a sign of a price drop because guitar hero 2 is coming out. I would order it but shipping costs kills the deal for me

Shipping actually isn't too bad if you order a bunch of stuff. I ordered Guitar Hero, the wireless guitar, 5 DVDs, and 9 games -- the total shipping for the order may have started out at $7 for one item, but it only went up to $9 after adding everything.

[quote name='bugg33']I don't think there is one... (they couldn't care less)[/quote]

i know there's one. a manager at one store told me people could've pm dq8 when CC had it for $10 a few months back, but i didn't ask for details. all i know is that if you can bring in the ad. any other form of pm, i don't know

[quote name='MadFlava']I wonder if this is a sign of a price drop because guitar hero 2 is coming out. I would order it but shipping costs kills the deal for me[/QUOTE]
proably not, it is sitll selling very well.

Well the availability changed from "In stock, same day shipping" to "Call for availability", so it may be out of stock now.

I hate outpost. Placed my order around 5pm yesterday, and they cancelled it this morning. Anyone else order after 5pm and have their order cancelled?

[quote name='LJ11']I hate outpost. Placed my order around 5pm yesterday, and they cancelled it this morning. Anyone else order after 5pm and have their order cancelled?[/quote]

Everything is becoming cancelled my friend, check the official deals thread. After that 360 scam now all of this! We all should email bomb their asses with complaints...they deserve it. This is ridicoulous.

[quote name='Cynd']Placed my order around 7pm EST last night and got my comfirmation email around 9:30.[/quote]

Don't be surprised if u get a cancellation email after that confirmation one :)

What a joke. I called outpost and told them they're fulfilling orders that were placed after cancelled orders. They wouldn't do anything for me unless I gave them an order number that was fulfilled after my order was placed. Absolute joke.

Printed off the page stating the game was 39.99 and went to my local Best Buy today. They matched the price and I as able to avoid the high shipping costs of the Outpost site. Your going to at least have to have a Fry's Electronics in your area.

BTW. CC wouldn't price match the web ad for me.

Thanks for the info.

My order shipped as well!

CC always goes to the website to double check your printout, at least mine does.

I got the "order shipped" email as well. $9 for shipping but worth avoiding a drive to the B&M Fry's here. My BB and CC won't do PMs without a receipt or flyer.

[quote name='Rictor']I haven't seen any Guitar Hero bundles at the 3 TRU stores that are still in business here...do they carry it?[/QUOTE]

They're usually seperate from the regular PS2 games. They usually keep them on a shelf with other large box PS2 items, unless your TRU has a lockable glass case. If they do, they're probably in there.

Will they pricematch without a print out? What I mean is, can I say, "It's 39.99 at Fry's. Let's look it up?" Or do I have to bring the piece of paper, then they'll look it up?

It's not on Fry's website any more, so it's going to be pretty hard to get it price matched anywhere.

No wonder the shipping was so much... I don't believe they could've shipped it in a larger box.

Arrived thirty seconds ago. I am preparing to rock out, and my two-year old is making a two-bedroom apartment out of the gigantic box.

Got mine just now. On an unrelated note DHL (at least here) has to be one of the most unprofessional shippers on Earth. Boxes were literally thrown in the back of the van, not stacked. Lots were warped including mine which was beginning to open from the unbalanced stress on it. The GH inside was fine though.

[quote name='rebenns']They're usually seperate from the regular PS2 games. They usually keep them on a shelf with other large box PS2 items, unless your TRU has a lockable glass case. If they do, they're probably in there.[/quote]

Heh, I know where they WOULD keep them...but they don't have any. Trust me, I go over TRU with a magnifying glass every time they have a sale. I pretty much have their inventory memorized at this point.

[quote name='Billservo']Got mine just now. On an unrelated note DHL (at least here) has to be one of the most unprofessional shippers on Earth. Boxes were literally thrown in the back of the van, not stacked. Lots were warped including mine which was beginning to open from the unbalanced stress on it. The GH inside was fine though.[/quote]

In my experience they are pretty much the worse shipping company in the country. Never use them if you have a choice.

getting stuff from DHL is like a easter egg hunt. You really have no idea where they will leave your package.

Well, DHL was just here, I got my 2 copies of Guitar Hero and got a giant box like everyone else. It had enough packing material in there to last me the next 3 years, so that's kinda cool. I'll used that to pad any boxes I have to mail out. These are Christmas gifts so I'm debating whether I should open them and test the guitars or not. On the one hand, I want to keep everything sealed and mint for Christmas...on the other hand, I don't want to give some one a broken guitar and have waited too long to return it. Anyone received a broken guitar with their GH bundle?

same here, just got mine 10 mins ago, and they packed it in the big box with lots of bubble wraps.........

For the people who are receiving this - is your order marked as "Shipped" on your order status? My order is marked as Fulfilled but as In Progress on the details page with no shipping info. Anyone else?

EDIT - Forget it, I found a tracking number on the email I received. Interesting that the shipping weight of my package is listed as "Total weight: 59 lbs"

[quote name='Rictor']Well, DHL was just here, I got my 2 copies of Guitar Hero and got a giant box like everyone else. It had enough packing material in there to last me the next 3 years, so that's kinda cool. I'll used that to pad any boxes I have to mail out. These are Christmas gifts so I'm debating whether I should open them and test the guitars or not. On the one hand, I want to keep everything sealed and mint for Christmas...on the other hand, I don't want to give some one a broken guitar and have waited too long to return it. Anyone received a broken guitar with their GH bundle?[/QUOTE]

Nope, guitar works perfectly here.

My "Total weight" on the DHL tracking site was listed at 70lbs, and even though the mammoth box looks like it should weigh that much, it definitely does not.

This is really a waste of money to buy it now. Just wait 2 weeks and get II. Unless you want the extra controller then I guess it makes sense. I have waited all year to buy another controller so I might as well wait and just buy the GH II bundle.

I received my order yesterday, but didn't get a shipping confirmation email until this morning.
Man, that is one big box - even so, Guitar Hero barely fit it diagonally.

I'm surprised (but glad :)) that the GBA game that shipped with it wasn't dinged up.

I want two controllers, but I figured it would make sense to get GH 1 now, then GH 2 later.

[quote name='anch']the deal seems off, anyone knows the original price?? Cuz I am planning to get this at TRU.[/QUOTE]

Normal price is $69.99.

This deal is long over, so probably not.
[quote name='Big Daddy Cool']Anyone have a screen capture of this? please email to superdlux AT AOL.com[/quote]

I know, and mine is on Backorder, so that's why I want the capture. To make sure Outpost/Fry's honors my order. When you look at the item number now, it shows just the game without the controller.

bread's done
Back