Guitar Hero: World Tour - Gen. Discussion & Info

Wow. You people who have complained about the GUITAR for world tour were not kidding.
I still prefer it over the GHIII guitar. But it takes a bit of time for the whammy bar to start working. I'm not sure if I'm getting it to work by fidgeting with it, or if it just kind of starts to work after I've played a few songs.
I do prefer the strum bar (although it get's kind of squeeky sounding sometimes).

It's probably only squeaky on the upstrum. That's how mine is and I've read the same elsewhere. I shot a little WD-40 in the corners and it took care of it.

damn I was at a friend's party the other night and his GH:WT was damn near unplayable due to the HDTV lag. He was saying how much it threw him off when he played at MY place. I felt like a jerk explaining how it's the RIGHT way at my place (SDTV so no timing issues), but it had to be done!

So I was like screw this, I'm just gonna stick to vocals. Man I don't understand how someone can own the game and play it like that!

[quote name='Coraanu']RedOctane makes better guitars IMHO, but Rock Band 2 is the better game overall. DLC library for the Rock Band series dwarfs the couple track packs that have been put out for GHWT. $60 for game and new guitar is still a good deal to play some of the exclusive songs on GHWT. Definitely check out Rock Band 2 if you enjoy these types of music games.[/quote]

Most casual users will not notice a difference between RB2 and GH:WT and will never download a song online. I would recommend getting the cheapest bundle you can possibly get to start and then get the RB2 software later on the cheap if you end up liking it.

[quote name='BustaUppa']damn I was at a friend's party the other night and his GH:WT was damn near unplayable due to the HDTV lag. He was saying how much it threw him off when he played at MY place. I felt like a jerk explaining how it's the RIGHT way at my place (SDTV so no timing issues), but it had to be done!

So I was like screw this, I'm just gonna stick to vocals. Man I don't understand how someone can own the game and play it like that![/quote]

You can calibrate the game for hdtvs.

They announced next months DLC BTW:

Acoustic Track Pack (440 / $5.49)

* "Drive" - Incubus (160 / $2)
* "New Slang' - The Shins (160 / $2)
* "Wonderwall (Oasis cover)" - Ryan Adams (160 / $2)

Wings Track Pack (440 / $5.49)

* "Junior's Farm" (160 / $2)
* "Hi Hi Hi" (160 / $2)
* "Jet" (160 / $2)

Bob Seger Track Pack (440 / $5.49)

* "Old Time Rock and Roll" (160 / $2)
* "Her Strut" (160 / $2)
* "Get out of Denver (live)" (160 / $2)

Picking up Jet and Drive.

[quote name='BustaUppa']hahaha... a little late with "Old Time Rock and Roll" aren't they?[/QUOTE]

They did the same thing with GH3, and using the Velvet Revolver song "Slither".

Has anyone gotten the free downloads promised when purchasing GHWT prior to 12/31?

I liked both of the new Springsteen songs and hope these are the first of many for Springsteen content.

No I haven't gotten my email for the free 5 songs yet and I'm just guessing I never will. I did like the Springsteen songs but I'm not a huge fan, like a couple of songs. Ok so I'm 94% done with the game, have done all the gigs, what am I missing?

[quote name='BustaUppa']hahaha... a little late with "Old Time Rock and Roll" aren't they?[/quote]

No shit. Kobe, Tony, A-Rod, and Mr. Phelps have been rockin this songs from months. Time to break out the tighty-whiteys.

Finally brought my guitar back to Microcenter (faulty whammy bar).
The new one works much better. Although both guitars have had a squicky sound to the strum bar.
I suppose WD40 might help?!?!

huh, went into the store last night and I didn't even know they had the free Reggae Pack thing. Cool! I got that and the Springsteen pack (don't follow any of these bands but free is free!!)

Yea the Reggae Pack is not bad actually, nice to have a change in music. If my guitar starts squeaking again yea Im going to ask my dad for some WD40.

Would someone tell me if GH adopted the Rock Band Policy of DLCs tied to the game platform and not to the specific game version? I see couple of very enticing DLCs for GHWT but will refuse to buy if they won't be playable with next generation GH.

Death Magnetic will work with GH: Metallica. I think that is the only thing we know for sure at this time. I'm sure someone will chime in if they know differently...

I didn't even hear about the acoustic track pack, so it was a pleasant surprise when browsing the newest game content to see The Shins, Ryan Adams, and my favorite song by Incubus. I bought it immediately.

im kind of excited about the greatest hits that will be coming out this year, as there are a lot of songs on the older games id love to play with all the instruments. but i really hope that they offer some sort of song transfer like rockband 1 to 2. i really dont want to be swapping discs all the time, thats one reason we play RB more than GH, because there are so many more songs that are easily accessable.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']im kind of excited about the greatest hits that will be coming out this year, as there are a lot of songs on the older games id love to play with all the instruments. but i really hope that they offer some sort of song transfer like rockband 1 to 2. i really dont want to be swapping discs all the time, thats one reason we play RB more than GH, because there are so many more songs that are easily accessable.[/QUOTE]

Like most, I missed out on GH1 and 80's so I'd love to see those, but at this point I can't be bothered with cover tunes anymore. Since Neversoft has to start from scratch with the songs, hopefully they secured the master tapes.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']im kind of excited about the greatest hits that will be coming out this year, as there are a lot of songs on the older games id love to play with all the instruments. but i really hope that they offer some sort of song transfer like rockband 1 to 2. i really dont want to be swapping discs all the time, thats one reason we play RB more than GH, because there are so many more songs that are easily accessable.[/QUOTE]Yeah I know what you mean. "Greatest Hits" is an interesting idea, but personally I'd rather just get some of the GH1 tracks as Rock Band DLC.

Any of you play the DLC yet? Thinkin' about Jet, since it's my favorite Wings song.

And still, i'm a member of the GHWT>>>>>>RB2 club. I just feel like GHWT has more heart and wasn't a rehash (wtf @ hammer on chords? That's impossible)

[quote name='Morphx2']Is the Disney Sing-It microphone compatible with world tour?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's a USB microphone.

I just received my GHWT from gogamer and noticed that it's the PAL version. Does anyone know for sure if it'll run on my (unmodded) NTSC 360?

Does the hard ware work with rock band 1 and 2? and Is it better than rock band 2 hard ware? I dont want the game but for $100 at best buy if I can play rock band 1 and 2.

ghchart1.jpg

ghchart2.jpg

Has anyone received the code for their free downloads? This is the code for purchasing the game bundle and were able to pick five out of ten songs.

[quote name='Will']
ghchart1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I popped in GHIII over the weekend only to be greeted with an update. I was so hoping for it to be RB Strat compatibility upadte. Alas, it was not. :(

Regarding the Compatibility Charts: the guitar and drums from World Tour ARE compatible with RB2 on the Wii. Maybe like the drum trainer or something doesn't work, but you can definitely play Wii RB2 with the WT drums. And I'm guessing that they're using some of the extra calibration features built into RB2 to justify the "incompatible" status of the guitars?? Suspect!

i was excited for greatest hits, and still am... but im thinking that they are going to charge 60 bucks and i wont be able to load them on the HDD and be forced to swap discs... well it might just be a deal breaker.

At least we will finally be able to put to rest the idea that IM masters are unusable...
I would buy the game just for that one song, personally.

bread's done
Back