Guitar Hero: World Tour - Gen. Discussion & Info

I got my e-mail today as well, but when I redeemed the codes, I was told two of them had already been used. Right now I'm missing out on Foreigner and R.E.M.

Yea I'm using Gmail and found it odd that that email was reopened and sure enough they explained that giving me a link to request different codes, sure you've get that email as well.

I don't even remember asking for 'em, but I got my five codes today. Was this promotion exclusive to PS3 and 360? I don't see any place to put the codes in on the Wii version.

Yep, got my codes today and 3 of the 5 didn't work - except that instead of the "already used" message I got the "invalid code" one. I got new codes for those 3 with no problem, though, from the web site in the second email. My son has already played all 5 songs ;).

It's rather amazing - he's 9 and just started drum lessons in January and now he can play hard/expert on drums for most songs whereas he could barely do medium before. I'm impressed.

[quote name='porieux']At least we will finally be able to put to rest the idea that IM masters are unusable...
I would buy the game just for that one song, personally.[/quote]

If the Trooper is in the game.

[quote name='SoulReaver']I have a problem guys. I never got around to redeeming my 5 free DLC songs from that promotion awhile back. Well, I did it now and only 2 of them worked. I went on the http://gh-freemusic.atvi.2advanced.com/newcode site to get the new codes, but none of them worked either. wtf?[/quote]

Hmm, I'm glad you posted this. I received my codes while I was out of town and hadn't gotten around to redeeming them. Sure enough 4 of 5 don't work, and none of the replacement codes worked either. I'm going to send an email asking what the hell is going on.

You guys are too late to the party (it was a while ago about the beginning of last month), they gave out a work around but I'm pretty sure that only worked for when they just gave out the email. You snooze you loose apparently but yea contact them and see what they have to say.

[quote name='Spybreak8']You guys are too late to the party (it was a while ago about the beginning of last month), they gave out a work around but I'm pretty sure that only worked for when they just gave out the email. You snooze you loose apparently but yea contact them and see what they have to say.[/quote]

From reading the forums over at GH.com it appears that a bunch of people never were able to get that new site to work. Even when new codes were generated many of them came up as "already used". From the looks of it Activision hasn't been very quick to remedy the situation, with alot of people saying they have never even received a response to their support ticket. It's not looking good at this point, but I put in a ticket. Here is the link if anyone else needs it:

https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/home.php

[quote name='SoulReaver']thanks...hope this gets settled[/quote]

Just to update. I received a reply 15 minutes after opening up my support ticket. They asked that I pasted the codes I received into the support console. So if you didn't include that info you might want to update your ticket with non working codes.

The quick replay got my hopes up that this might get resolved quickly, but I haven't heard anything since.

Speaking of customer service, I just got my drums and the yellow cymbal is wonky, Im trying to put in an RMA for a midi cable but it keeps returning errors, Ill call them tomorrow I suppose, anyone know how long it takes to get it?

One thing I hate is how much I have to wait for this game to load downloadable content. WTF, I might as well not buy new tracks so I don't have to wait every time I start this game!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can pay $60 to play these 6 songs in GH: Smash Hits-

• Anthrax - "Caught In A Mosh"
  • Extreme - "Play With Me"
  • Judas Priest - "Electric Eye"
  • Poison - "Nothin' But A Good Time"
  • Ratt - "Round and Round"
  • Twisted Sister - "I Wanna Rock"
Link

[quote name='jrt1138']You can pay $60 to play these 6 songs in GH: Smash Hits-

• Anthrax - "Caught In A Mosh"
  • Extreme - "Play With Me"
  • Judas Priest - "Electric Eye"
  • Poison - "Nothin' But A Good Time"
  • Ratt - "Round and Round"
  • Twisted Sister - "I Wanna Rock"
Link[/quote]

Yeah, I know. But I only want 4 of those.:D

Transformers/Boogie Nights famed song "The Touch" is on marketplace right now. Kotaku says it's free but marketplace says otherwise, 160 points.

Quick question: I was thinking about investing in Guitar Hero WT (just the game) cause I really want to play "The Touch." Can I play DLC on other GH games or can they only be played off of World Tour? Thanks in advance.

DLC is odd for Guitar Hero games...

GH2 DLC works only for GH2.

GH3 DLC is ALL compatible with just GH3 except for the Metallica: Death Magnetic album, which is also compatible with GH:WT, GH:Metallica and probably GH5.

GH:WT DLC they've confirmed it works with GH5 as well, but other then that...That's about it.

[quote name='Rodimus']Thanks, World Tour it is then. Now I just need to find the game cheap.[/QUOTE]

I got a great price on mine- my sister's Fiance found it on the ground at the gas station he works at and gave it to me. :D

I do have a problem, though- my fiance picked this recently, and despite having made a good dozen custom characters, the achievements for doing so ("God of Rock" and "Rock Maiden", I believe?) haven't triggered. We've tried starting fresh, re-making new guys, deleting everyone and starting over, even switching controller types- nothing helps. Any thoughts? It's driving him a bit buggy.

bread's done
Back