Guitar Hero WT 2 x Guitar Bundles (360/PS3/Wii) $100 (PS2) $80 Shipped at RedOctane

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Cheapy I have been debating getting this cause Rockband 4-ever but I am definitely picking one up.

Thanks again.

Wowzers, I need one guitar for my Rock Band setup, so I'll keep one of these guitars and sell the other one and the game brand new!

I have RB on PS3. I would buy this if the PS3 RB drumset worked on the Wii, but I doubt it does. I'm not really interested in WT for anything besides Wii though. Decisions, decisions...

WoW! I may have to bite on this bad boy. I have a Les Paul but I wouldn't mind getting a free one. Heck you cant ever beat free :)

Keep in mind, it's the typical GH:WT guitar bundle w/ an additional Les Paul for all but the PS2 (which gets the Kramer?)

It's GH:WT with an extra GHIII guitar. Still, good deal.

that's a great deal. im going to have to wait till Friday. hopefully, they don't sell out by then. thanks Cheapy!!!

Not getting this one for myself since I ordered the complete band bundle, but I'm definitely passing the word on to friends about this deal.

I was already thinking about getting the GH:WT Guitar + Game bundle for $99.99. This is sweet. I can just get this and sell the extra Les Paul for maybe $30 to $40. $60 or so for GH:WT + Guitar? Sweet. And now I can play true-multiplayer on Rock Band 2.

I do not see where you can enter a coupon code? There is a gift certificate box in the check out process but the code is invalid.

[quote name='trunks982']does Rock Band drums work for GH:WT?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the board shrinks down to 4 pads

And when I first saw this I was thinking how is this a deal. I missed the 2 guitar part. Now I'm really thinking about this.

[quote name='MasterSun1']I was already thinking about getting the GH:WT Guitar + Game bundle for $99.99. This is sweet. I can just get this and sell the extra Les Paul for maybe $30 to $40. $60 or so for GH:WT + Guitar? Sweet. And now I can play true-multiplayer on Rock Band 2.[/QUOTE]

$30 shipped tops. The GHIII guitar resale value isn't that great. GS will only give $10 for it.

Wow. Excellent deal. Too bad I don't need TWO more controllers. I would jump on this if I did, however. I already have enough plastic instruments taking over my living room.

I bought one. Had the full bundle but was afraid of the drum issues so I never opened it and just ordered online. You also get free shipping and not tax! Great deal that I have been looking for.

so close.. I already bought the aerosmith bundle. I figured I'd just buy the full band and then I'd have everything.

I got the wife to agree to this, woohoo. I already picked up GH:WT in a GS trade, but I hadn't opened it yet, so I'll sell it to help pay for this.

In for one... i was thinking of getting the aerosmith set just to get my first wireless guitar... now i bit for this deal because i was going to get the the GH:WT guitar bundle anyways...

[quote name='chinese_lover']http://community.guitarhero.com/forums/14/forum_topics/133722
would get this deal if guitar hero world tour guitars didnt have problems,
Sticking Frets is real bad one i think,
ive read about this on there forum and other places,
once they fix this i will get it,[/quote]

With this bundle you get the older working guitar also! Just sell the new guitar if it acts up and you are good to go... In the message you listed the people are using the older guitar.

I bit. I returned my guitar hero 3 bundle in August for the rebate ($130-$10 shipping=$120) in anticipation of this coming out. That rebate paid for this, plus a little for the drums when they get released separate. Thanks Cheapy!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MasterSun1']Ordered a bundle for :ps3:. Now what to do with the extra guitar?[/QUOTE]

Keep the extra for playing with a friend, OR for back-up when inevitably you go all Pete Townsend on the other guitar.

[quote name='gorgo']Keep the extra for playing with a friend, OR for back-up when inevitably you go all Pete Townsend on the other guitar.[/QUOTE]

I already have Rock Band 2: Special Edition. Don't really need 3 guitars if 2 of them work fine.

[quote name='djinni']Is this dead? It shows up as $119.99 now...[/quote]

You have to use the Coupon Code GHWT2P in CheapyD's first post in order to get the discount.

This is a great deal though. I'm tempted even though I'd rather just buy a RB2 guitar since I'm more of a Rock Band person.

Sorry, my fault. I was trying to put the code in where it said gift certificate. The coupon code field doesn't show up until after you put in your credit card info. Thanks!

Mine (360 version, ordered last night just before posting) just shipped. Here's hoping the guitar doesn't have any of the problems.

Grrr, I had pretty much decided I wasn't getting WT, I rented and I wasn't impressed. This is so cheap though, I love the LP and I really want to try the new guitar with RB. I may have to pull the trigger....

[quote name='Jauron']Grrr, I had pretty much decided I wasn't getting WT, I rented and I wasn't impressed. This is so cheap though, I love the LP and I really want to try the new guitar with RB. I may have to pull the trigger....[/QUOTE]

Same for me. Based on reviews and what not, $99.99 for the game + guitar just didn't see worth it. Granted 1 guitar for $40 is better than what it would cost by itself ($60 to $70?), but to get the game for $60 and 2 guitars for another $40? You really can't pass that up. Problem is now I have the new RB2 Fender, the Les Paul, and the new GH:WT guitar. Too bad you can't play the game with 3 guitarists :p.

Color me impressed with the free shipping (probably has something to do with it shipping out of GA, and me living in TN) -- 36 hours after ordering, it arrived at my front door.

[quote name='guessed']Color me impressed with the free shipping (probably has something to do with it shipping out of GA, and me living in TN) -- 36 hours after ordering, it arrived at my front door.[/quote]

Mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Let me know if the guitar is bad like most people are reporting? I am hoping that since we bought from Red Octane we would at least get the better stuff but I may be wrong.

[quote name='Joker2007']Mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Let me know if the guitar is bad like most people are reporting? I am hoping that since we bought from Red Octane we would at least get the better stuff but I may be wrong.[/quote]

Hopefully I'll get to play tonight, but no guarantees. I doubt RedOctane reserves "A" stock for orders from their own site, I figure it is probably just luck of the draw.

wow... I may have to spread this news around

wait.. am I the only one not seeing it? RedOctane is showing $99 for me and Amazon still has it for $89

bread's done
Back