H: Final Fantasy VIII ArtFX figures

Managed to ship out 4 of the smaller packages today, and picked up 5 small boxes, 4 medium boxes, and 1 large priority mail box, so I'll get to figuring out what fits what this evening.

Updated payment / packing info. Ten packages ready (2 of them to same person to reduce shipping costs, which is weird, because 2 things separately is cheaper than 2 things together).

Something I never noticed before. The price of parcel post jumps a lot above 1 lb... I put something in at 15 oz, and the shipping was $5. Two more ounces, and it's almost $9 for a thick envelope. And a big 10 lbs box measuring 16x16x16 would only be $17.

Is it me or are the prices that they set really biased for stuff that's a pound or two?

Anyways, will update payment info when I get home, as usual. Have 10~11 packages in my car that I'll try to mail out at lunch. If not, after work, but the PO closes at 5PM, so I'm unsure that'll work. If not, I'll try tomorrow. If not, Friday for sure =P

P.S. I'm not used to seeing my new avatar yet lol.

I personally think that First Class, Media Mail, and Flat Rate boxes are the only services priced fairly at USPS. If you're gonna use anything else, might as well go with UPS or FedEx since it's going to be a few bucks cheaper.

[quote name='mis0']I personally think that First Class, Media Mail, and Flat Rate boxes are the only services priced fairly at USPS. If you're gonna use anything else, might as well go with UPS or FedEx since it's going to be a few bucks cheaper.[/QUOTE]

After spending $300+ on shipping in the last week, I agree w/this post 100%.

I stopped by the post office at lunch to drop off packages. The small moving box ended up being just shy of 6 lbs and costed just over $10, while a 1.1 lb parcel post padded envelope is $8+? I seriously don't get that =P

edit: Updated first page. I have tracking numbers for everything, but debating on whether I'll have time to post them before they arrive. =P

Ok, possibly final update until late Thursday / some time Friday, because I'll be pretty busy tomorrow and definately won't have a chance to go to the PO, lunch or after work.

Edit: Dammit! I was super proud of my packing job for XxSmityxX till after I sealed it and remembered he had a freebie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, updated. Was home for maybe 30 min yesterday so I didn't get a chance. I did, however, get a chance to stop by the post office after work, less than 5 minutes before closing, so I mailed out a few more.

[quote name='nhatkthanh']I'm ready to pay whenever once you find out what the shipping cost is.[/QUOTE]

same here. Not in any hurry though.

Sucks to be only 1 of 4 people who have paid and still haven't had their item(s) packaged. What's even worse is when there have been people who have paid after you have, that have had their stuff shipped, already.

:[

[quote name='saetia']Sucks to be only 1 of 4 people who have paid and still haven't had their item(s) packaged. What's even worse is when there have been people who have paid after you have, that have had their stuff shipped, already.

:[[/QUOTE]

need%20a%20hug.jpg

lol sorry saetia, it's because the early ones were the flat rate boxes / envelopes, which were much easier to do on a work night. Everyone who paid by 3PM PST has theirs mailed out now though. And everything else that needed shipping cost are packed, weighed at the PO, and ready to go.

The few that hadn't contacted me were all single games, I believe.

[quote name='elessar123']lol sorry saetia, it's because the early ones were the flat rate boxes / envelopes, which were much easier to do on a work night. Everyone who paid by 3PM PST has theirs mailed out now though. And everything else that needed shipping cost are packed, weighed at the PO, and ready to go.

The few that hadn't contacted me were all single games, I believe.[/QUOTE]

May i haz feedback? :3

[quote name='Squarehard']May i haz feedback? :3[/QUOTE]

Let me post all the weights for those that are needing payments, and I'll leave feedback for everyone who paid at once.

[quote name='elessar123']lol sorry saetia, it's because the early ones were the flat rate boxes / envelopes, which were much easier to do on a work night. Everyone who paid by 3PM PST has theirs mailed out now though. And everything else that needed shipping cost are packed, weighed at the PO, and ready to go.

The few that hadn't contacted me were all single games, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, understood.:D

Package received and it looks great! I tell ya, Greenpeace should give us CAGs some recognition for all the recycling we do when it comes to mailing stuff.

:lol:

Feedback left!

[quote name='dfg']Package received and it looks great! I tell ya, Greenpeace should give us CAGs some recognition for all the recycling we do when it comes to mailing stuff.

:lol:

Feedback left![/QUOTE]

You should have seen me packing today! I was super proud of myself and how ingenious I was. I used the same banker box and packed 4 packages, including a custom box for the Sakura Taisen figure (which I even wrote on paper, the best box ever or something to that effect). Cut down a big box to pack the Tekken 5 stick. Found some random cardboard to wrap token2k6's guide and then wrapped an inverted coke zero box around it. And EVERY bubble mailer was reused, any bubble wrap, foam, packing paper, box (cept priority mail flat rate), and those big air bubble things (I think thelonepig got those)! (I have new envelopes, but this is the spirit of the lowball lol).

edit: Although I did go through about 70 yards of tape and had to buy more lol.

Probably one of the last updates. One ready to mail, 2 have had 0 contact, every other one is complete on my end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the package yesterday. Everything was working. Turns out elessar123 couldn't find the gamecube system that I bid on. So he went and bought one just so he would complete his end of the bid. Man what a guy. Bid and trade with this guy with all his future lowballs :) Just thought I should share this.

bread's done
Back