Half.com Instant Sale (Trade In Program)

I once remember going over in a college class how people from some parts of the world end to phrase things differently than we in the west. Where as here you might ask someone if a part can handle a certain pressure, and they'd give you a rating for what it can handle. In other parts of the world you'd end up with a response similar to the one above, devoid of any real information. It just glosses over your concerns basically.

I sent some games shortly before the Instant Sale program went away, around the 13th or 14th. I got emails today that they received them. So at least I know they are still getting packages. Though I have not been paid for two trade-ins that they graded like 2 weeks ago. So good and bad to report I suppose, but they have been known to be slow when paying out.

I also got an e-mail today saying they received the game I sent in, I'm not expecting to get the Paypal payment anytime soon though based on what everyone is saying about how long it is taking.

I just added up what they still owe me and it comes to $486.43. I sent back another email saying that the 2 months of processing is outrageous and that I will take this matter to civil court if I don't recieve my payment soon or get my items back ( Which are probobly long gone since we are dealing with Elovations.)

THE EMAIL THEY SENT ME LAST MONDAY

Thank you for contacting Half.com in regard to your Instant Sale concern.

I hope everything is well upon reading my message! First off, I want to apologize for the delay of this response, we have been receiving a lot of inquiries lately but we truly appreciate your patience and effort to contact us about your concern. After reviewing your email, I understand you would like to have an update regarding the payments for your items sold in our new program. I know how being able to receive payments from your sales is important for you. Don’t worry. I’ll be happy to check on this for you. Before I answer your question, I want to thank you for being with us for the last 52 days. I sincerely hope you can continue to do business with us for the coming years. Going back to your concern, upon checking your account, I was able to confirm that your payment is still in processing status. I was able to escalate your issue to the department that handles issues with Instant Sale. We will get back to you once we have an update. I also want to assure you that Elovations never stole your items. And we will be paying your items the soonest time possible. In the meantime, please bear with us in resolving this issue as I assure you that we are doing our best in giving your concern the best attention possible. To summarize, I advised you that I’ve escalated your issue to the proper department and we’ll get back to you with an update. We thank you in advance for the cooperation and willingness to work with us. And if you have other concerns, you can actually know more about Half.com processes and policies by visiting our Help Pages simply by clicking on the “Help” tab on the upper right side of most Half.com pages.It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing Half.com!

Sincerely,

Jan Patrick L.
Half.com Customer Service

THE EMAIL I SENT BACK TODAY

You didn't do anything but basically tell me I have to wait longer to get the payment for these items that I sent in almost 2 full months ago. I want to get paid for the games I sent in and if you are not going to do so then I want my items returned to me as or I will be taking this matter to Civil Court. The payment I'm owed is $486.43. Half.com should use a more reliable 3rd party vender because Elovations is well known when it comes to pulling this sort of thing. I can guarentee that the stuff I sent in 2 months ago is long gone. I will list the orders below and the payment for each game listed. As I stated before I want to recieve my payment or I will pursue more aggressive action. The payment should be sent to my paypal email ( [email protected] ) as it was originally supposed to. Being in processing for 2 months is down right outrageous and I will not tolerate it.

Order Id : 50006803019

Rayman Origins (Xbox 360, 2011) $ 32.14
Battlefield 3 (Sony Playstation 3, 2011) $ 17.80
Rayman Origins (Wii, 2011) $ 25.77
NCAA Football 12 (Sony Playstation 3, 2011) $ 21.02
NCAA Football 12 (Xbox 360, 2011) $ 15.82
Madden NFL 12 (Sony Playstation 3, 2011) $ 19.76

Order Id : 50006776019

NCAA Football 12 (Sony Playstation 3, 2011) $ 21.02
Madden NFL 12 (Sony Playstation 3, 2011) $ 19.76

Order Id : 50006774019

Battlefield 3 (Sony Playstation 3, 2011) $ 17.80
Sonic Generations (Sony Playstation 3, 2011) $ 21.75

Order Id : 50006773019

Rayman Origins (Sony Playstation 3, 2011) $ 31.56
Sonic Generations (Sony Playstation 3, 2011) $ 21.75

Order Id : 50006730019

Madden NFL 12 (Xbox 360, 2011) $ 18.29

Order Id : 50006649019

Rayman Origins (Xbox 360, 2011) $ 32.14
Rayman Origins (Sony Playstation 3, 2011) $ 31.56
Rayman Origins (Wii, 2011) $ 25.77
NCAA Football 12 (Xbox 360, 2011) $ 15.82

Order Id : 50006491019

Michael Phelps: Push the Limit (Xbox 360, 2011) $ 48.45

Order Id : 50006490019

Michael Phelps: Push the Limit (Xbox 360, 2011) $ 48.45

I received an email yesterday, that an item that was graded and in processing for the past 2 weeks is now being returned to me, as it was unable to be resurfaced (ps3 game, wtf??). Has this happened before, or is this how they might get out of paying these final orders?

[quote name='edson13']I received an email yesterday, that an item that was graded and in processing for the past 2 weeks is now being returned to me, as it was unable to be resurfaced (ps3 game, wtf??). Has this happened before, or is this how they might get out of paying these final orders?[/QUOTE]

Post pics if your disc is damaged.

[quote name='sunxh163']In one of the order, I sent in 10 games in one box, get paid for 7 of them, but the other 3 still says "pending audit", has been like that for 1 month now... Anyone has the same problem like this?[/QUOTE]

Eventually, after 2 months, these three games now moved from "pending audit" to "processing", hopefully I will get payment for them soon.

[quote name='sunxh163']Eventually, after 2 months, these three games now moved from "pending audit" to "processing", hopefully I will get payment for them soon.[/QUOTE]

What are the different "statuses" available for the orders? Pending audit, processing, payment processed, cancelled, and what else?

[quote name='bigdogn12']What are the different "statuses" available for the orders? Pending audit, processing, payment processed, cancelled, and what else?[/QUOTE]

returned

Still sitting at Pending Audit. I guess I'll have to try and email eBay or someone .. even though it doesnt seem to make a damn bit of difference.

[quote name='HydroX']Still sitting at Pending Audit. I guess I'll have to try and email eBay or someone .. even though it doesnt seem to make a damn bit of difference.[/QUOTE]

The status of my pending audit items changed after they responded to my complaint emails.

I'd wager Half owes people well over $50K. I mean they still owe me $1k...
It's truly disgusting that they still haven't paid out.

[quote name='scarhawk']I'd wager Half owes people well over $50K. I mean they still owe me $1k...
It's truly disgusting that they still haven't paid out.[/QUOTE]I'd bet it is closer to 100k than 50k. Though it seems it is Elovations that owes the money.

Good news everyone!
Half.com sent you [meaning me] $55.15 USD
for my Rayman Origins 360 and Wii copies sent in on 10/9. They rejected a sealed copy of Phelps it seems in that same order and have "lost" (i.e never recevied) a second package with the same three items.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I also got an e-mail today saying they received the game I sent in, I'm not expecting to get the Paypal payment anytime soon though based on what everyone is saying about how long it is taking.[/QUOTE]

You're an asshole.

I received all the rest of money half.com owes me as well, including three games from August, which recently changed from pending audit to processing after my email complaints.

Awesome news gang, thanks for the heads up! I received payment for the last order they owed me for :)

Kinda wishing I had remembered to send in my last couple orders before they expired and Half canceled the program ;)

Now to just figure out where all this extra crap gets me the best value lol

Had 3 of 4 Black Eyed Peas experience games returned for being the Best Buy version, 1 for some reason was accepted. Beyond that, had my two pending orders go through yesterday. Sad that I didn't get one last order off before they cancelled the program, missed out on about $140.

I finally got paid as well, although the one Rayman that they allowed to elapse (strangely enough the first one I sent in....) hasn't changed status. I guess I'll have to just eat that one, would have kept it to play had I known that.

Got my Disney Universe sent back as incorrect version (already received it today) but rest of the games were accepted (Rayman, Warhammer 40k, Ratchet & Clank A4O). This came at a good time so I could cut some of my backlog since there was no way I'd ever get to Warhammer or R&C A4O.

I got paid for my Sims 3 Pets I sent in. Didn't take too long. I sent it on 10/15 and received payment on 11/7. I sent it Like New for $22.33, they said "The case has slight to moderate signs of wear.The game booklet shows slight to moderate signs of wear" and bumped it down to Very Good for $21.15. It's funny because I literally unwrapped my $5 copy I got from Best Buy and sent it in. So I know it's BS, however, since the payout was still so good, I let this one slide. All in all, this program treated me damn good and I made quite a bit of money on impulse buy games I got during Best Buy and Gamestop sales.

[quote name='mightymek']I got paid for my Sims 3 Pets I sent in. Didn't take too long. I sent it on 10/15 and received payment on 11/7. I sent it Like New for $22.33, they said "The case has slight to moderate signs of wear.The game booklet shows slight to moderate signs of wear" and bumped it down to Very Good for $21.15. It's funny because I literally unwrapped my $5 copy I got from Best Buy and sent it in. So I know it's BS, however, since the payout was still so good, I let this one slide. All in all, this program treated me damn good and I made quite a bit of money on impulse buy games I got during Best Buy and Gamestop sales.[/QUOTE]
Don't feel bad. I sent in a sealed :360:Warhammer and they sent it back for that exact reason. Sometimes the manual gets banged up moving around in the case.

Okay, so what's the email address some of you have used to contact eBay to get Half's asses in gear?

Get it.. half .. ass .. sigh, nevermind.

[quote name='HydroX']Okay, so what's the email address some of you have used to contact eBay to get Half's asses in gear?

Get it.. half .. ass .. sigh, nevermind.[/QUOTE]

Wait...

I GET IT!

so i just checked on the status of my trades (traded them in around the end of august) and they now show processing payments...so i'm assuming i'm getting the payment right?

[quote name='sninh']so i just checked on the status of my trades (traded them in around the end of august) and they now show processing payments...so i'm assuming i'm getting the payment right?[/QUOTE]

You should go check you paypal, probably you already got the payment.

Like others I just finally got paid for an order from early August. Interesting since they stopped replying to my emails about a month ago.

I just received my final payment from them, too. It was good while it lasted. Sure will miss the high trade-in value for crappy titles.

So I finally got a response concerning my instant sale from August .. Had to email eBay which contacted Half for me, but they are going to send me a check for $26... Which will arrive in 4-6 weeks.... Awesome, I guess. We will see if it actually shows up.

bread's done
Back