Half.com Instant Sale (Trade In Program)

[quote name='Clak']You got the number, or even name, of who you talked to? Because all they gave me was that damn email address, which I haven't gotten a reply from.[/QUOTE]

I logged into my eBay account, clicked Customer Support, clicked Contact eBay, and clicked on selling an item........then it gave me a reference number and a phone number(i think i'm missing a step, but it's simple).

It's not showing me the number without me signing in and going through all of those steps. It should be easy if you have an eBay account.

Don't remember if this is it, but Google says: 866-877-3229

That's what I did as well, but all he told me to do was email that address I posted. Sigh, their customer service isn't very consistent.

[quote name='merchie89']so did a new quarter start? Might try to do a few trades, one game at a time. Phelps still has a huge value[/QUOTE]

On home page of the Instant Sale, it says "Instant Sale program is temporarily withdrawn", not sure if this means this whole thing is being shut down now, or just that web page is under maintenance, and it has been like that for days.

Just got paid for :ps3: Uncharted 3 in VG condition. I hope the program sticks around; it isn't hassle-free but the values for certain things are pretty darn good.

[quote name='sunxh163']On home page of the Instant Sale, it says "Instant Sale program is temporarily withdrawn", not sure if this means this whole thing is being shut down now, or just that web page is under maintenance, and it has been like that for days.[/QUOTE]

http://sell.half.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?HalfSellHub

i dont get that message and havent gotten that message at all unless I click through that link that was posted a few pages back. I think that other link was just bad.

[quote name='Clak']Called again, this time they gave me [email protected]. I swear you must have gotten the one helpful CS person they have. I'm so sick of this...[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I was shocked, myself. After their outsourcing to hell and back, I wouldn't have expected that from them in a million years.

[quote name='edson13']http://sell.half.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?HalfSellHub

i dont get that message and havent gotten that message at all unless I click through that link that was posted a few pages back. I think that other link was just bad.[/QUOTE]

The link you posted is for general Sale on Half.com, which includes "List on half.com" and "Instant Sale". But for the direct link of "Instant Sale", it's http://sell.half.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?HalfInstantSaleHub

I got this link by just searching "half.com instant sale" on Google, and it gives you that "program withdraw message". So I am little worried if they really withdrawed "Instant Sale" or not, though "Instant Sale" can still be accessed under individual game webpage.

Called again and this time she "escalated the issue". She said somebody should be calling me within 48 hours. Not holding my breathe.

And still no call. I have to say that as an Ebay operated site, Half just sucks. If this had happened on Ebay proper I'd probably have my money already.

So I was told that I should supposedly be getting an email about the problems they've been having by Oct. 10th. She said all we can do is wait. Such bullshit...

finally got a reply from Half.com wrt a Rayman Wii that I never got payed for. Instead of the $25+ they said I will be getting $27+ :D

[quote name='finsfan0210']Its been a month since I sent in a bunch of stuff and its still processing. So do I just have to continue to wait?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, took mine about like 6-7 weeks from the time I shipped it to when I got my payment. Was stuck on processing for like a month.

The first things I sent in were back around mid August, so I'd better get paid sometime soon. Still haven't gotten that email I was supposed to be sent from Half.

Is there any recourse for games that you know you sent in as perfect condition but get downgraded?

I've traded in before and never had an issue. This time, sent in two packages with DC and took them 4 days to acknowledge that they got them after having been marked as "delivered". Anyway, all the games I bought new from Amazon and opened them to put into the boxes to send. I even put an extra layer of cardboard on top of the games so that there wouldn't be any chance of them getting cut into an ruined from a boxcutter or something.

Now, I've got two games where they adjusted the value by about 5% down and saying the reason is...

Reason:The case has slight to moderate signs of wear.The game booklet shows slight to moderate signs of wear.

Then I have another game from the same shipment got marked down by about 60% (32->16) and saying the reason is...

The case is missing or severely damaged or heavily marked.The game booklet shows slight to moderate signs of wear.

They just marked my other shipment as received, so we'll see if that gets the same treatment. But I know other people have run into this before. How have you handled it to get paid the proper amount?

Oooo.... So glad to have this company out of my brain!!

Don't remember if I said it, but Thanks to the OP for mentioning this and the person who mentioned Michael Phelps!! :):applause:

So I am seeing some back and forth about this program. I have sent in tons of stuff and never had a problem. The last payment (sent in early September) took almost 4 weeks to receive payment, but I did get paid without issue. The program still seems to be up and running as far as I can see. I mean, do you guys think I should take a chance again or is this a bad idea? I don't see anything about it being shut down on any of the links I've clicked. Thanks in advance for the advice.

[quote name='mightymek']So I am seeing some back and forth about this program. I have sent in tons of stuff and never had a problem. The last payment (sent in early September) took almost 4 weeks to receive payment, but I did get paid without issue. The program still seems to be up and running as far as I can see. I mean, do you guys think I should take a chance again or is this a bad idea? I don't see anything about it being shut down on any of the links I've clicked. Thanks in advance for the advice.[/QUOTE]

I think now all the links are working, not sure about the program though, but I still sent in 2 Micheal Phelps, high risk high return.

[quote name='sunxh163']I think now all the links are working, not sure about the program though, but I still sent in 2 Micheal Phelps, high risk high return.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I have a Sims Pets 3 I paid $5 for at Best Buy, so I might take the chance. I can get $22 Paypal for it. Might be worth the risk since I paid so little for it and had good experiences so far.

[quote name='jetsaredim']Is there any recourse for games that you know you sent in as perfect condition but get downgraded?

I've traded in before and never had an issue. This time, sent in two packages with DC and took them 4 days to acknowledge that they got them after having been marked as "delivered". Anyway, all the games I bought new from Amazon and opened them to put into the boxes to send. I even put an extra layer of cardboard on top of the games so that there wouldn't be any chance of them getting cut into an ruined from a boxcutter or something.

Now, I've got two games where they adjusted the value by about 5% down and saying the reason is...

Reason:The case has slight to moderate signs of wear.The game booklet shows slight to moderate signs of wear.

Then I have another game from the same shipment got marked down by about 60% (32->16) and saying the reason is...

The case is missing or severely damaged or heavily marked.The game booklet shows slight to moderate signs of wear.

They just marked my other shipment as received, so we'll see if that gets the same treatment. But I know other people have run into this before. How have you handled it to get paid the proper amount?[/QUOTE]

Similar issue with a Sonic Generations (360)-LIke New I sent in where they said, "The case has slight to moderate signs of wear.The game booklet shows slight to moderate signs of wear". Which is total BS since I sent it in the middle of the box and I barely opened it to play it for maybe an hour, the tiny picture still has it looking brand spanking new. They also returned a Black Eye Peas experience (wii)-acceptable condition to me last time since it was the LE version and not the standard, so I sent it in again as acceptable without the artwork which was the only difference in the LE versions and they denied it again saying it was not the right edition. For some reason though they are taking my very good dark souls (360) after they put the same thing as sonic generations, which did have very slight wear and is why I put it as very good instead. Now I am hoping the other two orders I sent in bubble mailers get there fine and will see if they deny my two BF3's (PS3) that I opened and removed the online passes from.

I sent each of my packages in bubble mailers to avoid the box slasher and any kind of mix-up on condition. Never failed me. If you want to risk it, I'd suggest using this method.

Has anyone done 2 copies of a game last quarter and send a third one yet? I sent those two copies in like July/August so I was wondering if Half actually reset the amount yet.

Finally got an email from Ebay that they're working on the problem, but form the letter it looks like this is more on elovations end to fix, not theirs.

[quote name='Clak']Finally got an email from Ebay that they're working on the problem, but form the letter it looks like this is more on elovations end to fix, not theirs.[/QUOTE]

Can you post the email?

[quote name='psihog']got paid today. sent in three weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Same. Haven't followed this thread but I see lots of complaining, no problems here just a long waiting time which is fine with me.

[quote name='sunxh163']Can you post the email?[/QUOTE]
[FONT=&quot]Dear , [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are contacting you in regard to the following Instant Order(s):[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have been checking your order from time to time and I can see that as of now Elovations is still working on this issue. I’ll do my best to give you update about this issue.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I know that this is not the response you’re hoping for but we may need more time to get this matter resolved. Please know that we are looking at every aspect that will make us come up with the right resolution.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your cooperation. Thank You for choosing Half.com![/FONT]

[quote name='Clak'][FONT=&quot]Dear , [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are contacting you in regard to the following Instant Order(s):[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have been checking your order from time to time and I can see that as of now Elovations is still working on this issue. I’ll do my best to give you update about this issue.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I know that this is not the response you’re hoping for but we may need more time to get this matter resolved. Please know that we are looking at every aspect that will make us come up with the right resolution.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your cooperation. Thank You for choosing Half.com![/FONT][/QUOTE]
Their response is not helpful at all.

No their aren't helpful at all, but at least it was communication, and they're throwing elovations under the bus it seems. It pisses me off to read that some of you are getting paid in a matter of weeks when others like me have waited months, this is straight up bullshit.

[quote name='shivan128']I just got paid for my michael phelps games if that helps. Submitted them a little over 2 weeks ago, so it's still working.[/QUOTE]
PayPal or Half.com credit?
[quote name='Clak']No their aren't helpful at all, but at least it was communication, and they're throwing elovations under the bus it seems. It pisses me off to read that some of you are getting paid in a matter of weeks when others like me have waited months, this is straight up bullshit.[/QUOTE]
I still have orders from mid August that haven't been paid out (PayPal). I've sent several e-mails and always receive the same canned responses about them escalating it to the appropriate department. I don't think they have even touched my order since they received it. I say this because I sent in one of those BB Limited Edition :wii:Black Eye Peas Experience for the hell of it to see if it would slip through the cracks and they didn't even reject and return it.

[quote name='klimb22']PayPal or Half.com credit?

I still have orders from mid August that haven't been paid out (PayPal). I've sent several e-mails and always receive the same canned responses about them escalating it to the appropriate department. I don't think they have even touched my order since they received it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Three orders all received from early August to mid-September with no payment. They have been sending me a weekly "update" email for the last six weeks claiming they are still looking into the issue.

Sad thing I have one that elapsed and I am almost certain I'll never get paid for it. If I had the time I'd take them to small claims court.

[quote name='Clak']Sad thing I have one that elapsed and I am almost certain I'll never get paid for it. If I had the time I'd take them to small claims court.[/QUOTE]
It never went to Processing?

[quote name='klimb22']It never went to Processing?[/QUOTE]
Nope, it's been stuck on elapsed for over a month. All the others are marked received but that one. And in that email they sent she didn't list that item number, just the other 4.

looks like they finally removed the program. Wonder if its gone for good, or just going to actually alter the TIVs. Damn, knew I shouldve locked in some Phelps for the new quarter.

[quote name='edson13']looks like they finally removed the program. Wonder if its gone for good, or just going to actually alter the TIVs. Damn, knew I shouldve locked in some Phelps for the new quarter.[/QUOTE]
I'd advise anyone who still has orders pending, processing, etc to take some screen shots of your account.

I just did earlier, for all the good it will do. Companies usually just laugh at screenshots and assume they were doctored.

[quote name='edson13']looks like they finally removed the program. Wonder if its gone for good, or just going to actually alter the TIVs. Damn, knew I shouldve locked in some Phelps for the new quarter.[/QUOTE]

Shoot, no new order can be created now. I still have some games I would like to trade in, but I just hold onto them to see how things will turn out for the new quarter, should have created instant sale orders first...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got this email response today.

s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]
Thank you for contacting Half.com in regard to your Instant Sale concern.

I hope everything is well upon reading my message! First off, I want to apologize for the delay of this response, we have been receiving a lot of inquiries lately but we truly appreciate your patience and effort to contact us about your concern.

After reviewing your email, I understand you would like to have an update regarding the payments for your items sold in our new program. I know how being able to receive payments from your sales is important for you. Don’t worry. I’ll be happy to check on this for you.

Before I answer your question, I want to thank you for being with us for the last 52 days. I sincerely hope you can continue to do business with us for the coming years.

Going back to your concern, upon checking your account, I was able to confirm that your payment is still in processing status. I was able to escalate your issue to the department that handles issues with Instant Sale. We will get back to you once we have an update.

I also want to assure you that Elovations never stole your items. And we will be paying your items the soonest time possible.

In the meantime, please bear with us in resolving this issue as I assure you that we are doing our best in giving your concern the best attention possible.

To summarize, I advised you that I’ve escalated your issue to the proper department and we’ll get back to you with an update. We thank you in advance for the cooperation and willingness to work with us.
[/FONT]

bread's done
Back