Half.com Instant Sale (Trade In Program)

I know it seems a bit ridiculous, but if anyone has the time and cares enough, you could always sue them in small claims court.

[quote name='egofed']I got a rejected game with a nice pic of the slash they put in the case and cover art. Everything else was accepted. How frustrating it is to deal with such....ineptitude or incompetence? Maybe its just apathy. I would like to see the machetes these guys are hacking into the boxes with.:roll:[/QUOTE]
I think I found an artists' rendering of the guy who's working at Elovations and causing so much damage to the games being traded in.(spoilered due to being a huge pic)
JasonVoorhees.jpg

[quote name='shieryda']Finally got paid yesterday.[/QUOTE]
How long did it take for the payment to go through after Half recieved your game?

Going to pick up a phelps to send with my rayman tomorrow, just finished the game.

So so far it seems like them damaging the games is a real issue. should use a large box and then wrap the games in newspaper or something. I chose the send in one package option, should have done individual mailers as someone said they've had success doing that.

Well I shipped my box today. phelps and rayman. Phelps was $15 from GS and Rayman I got a while ago for $10 from BBY. After I finished it the tiv wasn't that good, but for as much as half is offering I was happy to send it in.

I had to go to two gamestops as all they had were the on floor "new" copies. The first store had one all scratched up so that was useless. He called the GS's in the area and noone had a sealed one. One said their copy was pretty pristine so I went a mile down the street and got it there. Problem was I had to buy some goo gone at home depot to get rid of the damn sticker residue. usually they come off fine using a blowdryer when removing the sticker. Few seconds of heat and they peel off easily. But the sticker they use as the "new" indicator left a thick layer behind. Tried acetone, but had to end up getting some goo gone. Which I guess i needed anyways.

So I hope I get paid. I packed it healthily with newspaper and wrapped the games individually in a bestbuy newspaper ad. I cant imagine them cutting them as the box is large and they are in the middle of it surrounded by newspaper. new reading the thread, they seem to intentionally cut them or something and send them back.

The post office employee said I couldn't add DC to it since it was a media mail business account they're using. Sneaky policy to get business to use that service. The employee explained it makes no sense since it basically allows companies to control how the mail is handled. They can say they received the package a week after is was actually delivered or say it was lost in the mail and people who send them the shipment have no evidence to prove otherwise. And even if they want to obtain some sort of evidence they can't as no alterations can be made to media mail business shipments. The manager there just said sorry they wont allow us to do it, you can put it in another box pay for shipment and then get DC.

^ GL. My package has been processing for close to 2 weeks. One of the game I sent was M. Phelps.
Looks like everyone done with this program. Is anyone still waiting half to pay or receive..
What was the email that you guys have success getting help with? Was it service@half?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Well I shipped my box today. phelps and rayman. Phelps was $15 from GS and Rayman I got a while ago for $10 from BBY. After I finished it the tiv wasn't that good, but for as much as half is offering I was happy to send it in.

I had to go to two gamestops as all they had were the on floor "new" copies. The first store had one all scratched up so that was useless. He called the GS's in the area and noone had a sealed one. One said their copy was pretty pristine so I went a mile down the street and got it there. Problem was I had to buy some goo gone at home depot to get rid of the damn sticker residue. usually they come off fine using a blowdryer when removing the sticker. Few seconds of heat and they peel off easily. But the sticker they use as the "new" indicator left a thick layer behind. Tried acetone, but had to end up getting some goo gone. Which I guess i needed anyways.

So I hope I get paid. I packed it healthily with newspaper and wrapped the games individually in a bestbuy newspaper ad. I cant imagine them cutting them as the box is large and they are in the middle of it surrounded by newspaper. new reading the thread, they seem to intentionally cut them or something and send them back.

The post office employee said I couldn't add DC to it since it was a media mail business account they're using. Sneaky policy to get business to use that service. The employee explained it makes no sense since it basically allows companies to control how the mail is handled. They can say they received the package a week after is was actually delivered or say it was lost in the mail and people who send them the shipment have no evidence to prove otherwise. And even if they want to obtain some sort of evidence they can't as no alterations can be made to media mail business shipments. The manager there just said sorry they wont allow us to do it, you can put it in another box pay for shipment and then get DC.[/QUOTE]

Ive traded in about 30 games, and havent had an issue with any. Yea it takes 15-20 days to get paid. But Im from california, Im used to the long waits for all these trade in places, amazon takes 9-12 days, best buy took about 14-20 and for older stuff, half cant be beat so far.

Got my rejected game bac today with the "damaged booklet". Was 99.99% fine. If you had a microscope you might detect a small ding. The thing was never read or removed from case. Can't be sure if it was there before sending it - but if they weren't just making a reason up to reject it, they are ridiculously anal about condition.

[quote name='edson13']Ive traded in about 30 games, and havent had an issue with any. Yea it takes 15-20 days to get paid. But Im from california, Im used to the long waits for all these trade in places, amazon takes 9-12 days, best buy took about 14-20 and for older stuff, half cant be beat so far.[/QUOTE]

Your post makes me feel better.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Got my rejected game bac today with the "damaged booklet". Was 99.99% fine. If you had a microscope you might detect a small ding. The thing was never read or removed from case. Can't be sure if it was there before sending it - but if they weren't just making a reason up to reject it, they are ridiculously anal about condition.[/QUOTE]

But your post makes me feel scared.

I really dont want to be stuck with a copy of Phelps for $15. I could only get $12.60 back from BBY trading it in if it came to that.

[quote name='k1ngster']^ GL. My package has been processing for close to 2 weeks. One of the game I sent was M. Phelps.
Looks like everyone done with this program. Is anyone still waiting half to pay or receive..
What was the email that you guys have success getting help with? Was it service@half?[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting. 2 orders have been processing for 2 weeks or so now. I think. I've lost track at this point lol.

Oddly enough, I'm probably going to ship out a few more things to them o.0

Yeah I'm still waiting, most of mine have been in processing limbo for a week or more. Strangely enough my post office has never said I couldn't add DC to these.

[quote name='Clak']Yeah I'm still waiting, most of mine have been in processing limbo for a week or more. Strangely enough my post office has never said I couldn't add DC to these.[/QUOTE]

I was denied adding a DC to my orders yesterday. This is the 1st time it has happened to me.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Got my rejected game bac today with the "damaged booklet". Was 99.99% fine. If you had a microscope you might detect a small ding. The thing was never read or removed from case. Can't be sure if it was there before sending it - but if they weren't just making a reason up to reject it, they are ridiculously anal about condition.[/QUOTE]

Jeez you must not have read the fine print which states

"we use an electron microscope to examine cases and games and manuals, if we find any markings you are screwed

Thanks,
half.com"

;)

Sigh...I contacted Half.com support about my trade-in (via email) last Friday. They have yet to reply. It's been over a month for me since my trades have been processing. As good as the values are I don't think I'll chance using them again although I'm glad others have been able to cash in.

[quote name='merchie89']Jeez you must not have read the fine print which states

"we use an electron microscope to examine cases and games and manuals, if we find any markings you are screwed

Thanks,
half.com"

;)[/QUOTE]
You'd think so. Reminds me of that uptight inspector from Adventures of Pete and Pete.

[quote name='sabanoo']Sigh...I contacted Half.com support about my trade-in (via email) last Friday. They have yet to reply. It's been over a month for me since my trades have been processing. As good as the values are I don't think I'll chance using them again although I'm glad others have been able to cash in.[/QUOTE]

Which email did you send it to? I am in the same boat. About 6 weeks now since processing.

[quote name='sabanoo']Sigh...I contacted Half.com support about my trade-in (via email) last Friday. They have yet to reply. It's been over a month for me since my trades have been processing. As good as the values are I don't think I'll chance using them again although I'm glad others have been able to cash in.[/QUOTE]

They take about 2-3 weeks to reply.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']Which email did you send it to? I am in the same boat. About 6 weeks now since processing.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm it doesn't say specifically in the "we received your email" notice they sent but I believe it was just to the general customer service one where you can include an order #.

[quote name='Pookymeister']They take about 2-3 weeks to reply.[/QUOTE]

Hah, well thanks for the heads up. I guess they don't really give a shit about this stuff given that eBay is normally pretty good at getting back to me otherwise.

I've been "processing" for nearly four weeks now. E-mails to customer service haven't been answered. This is total crap. They were a reliable service before the move to Kentucky, but anyone sending stuff in should be prepared for a bag of hurt.

I'm probably going to cold call eBay's corporate offices next week and ask for the GC's office. It's time to start shaking real trees.

[quote name='@FIF']I've been "processing" for nearly four weeks now. E-mails to customer service haven't been answered. This is total crap. They were a reliable service before the move to Kentucky, but anyone sending stuff in should be prepared for a bag of hurt.

I'm probably going to cold call eBay's corporate offices next week and ask for the GC's office. It's time to start shaking real trees.[/QUOTE]

Just saying, Small Claims Court only has like a $50 fee, but you'll eventually be payed with interest. You can also file a complaint with the FTC.

They've been holding ~$1000 worth of my games for almost 5 weeks now and one of the orders "lapsed" when they had that 1 month delay in marking the shipments. And the lapsed one hasn't been returned yet. What BS

I actually just filed an FTC complaint, and afterward it gave me this to read, really interesting stuff.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/general/gen06.pdf

Unordered Merchandise
If you receive merchandise you didn’t order,
federal law says you can consider it a gift. You
can’t be forced to pay for the item or return it.
See, i didn't know that. A few years back somebody had something delivered to me by mistake and when it wasn't here they went to the police and complained that I stole it.

[quote name='scarhawk']They've been holding ~$1000 worth of my games for almost 5 weeks now and one of the orders "lapsed" when they had that 1 month delay in marking the shipments. And the lapsed one hasn't been returned yet. What BS[/QUOTE]

that is insane, but I would have never sent that much stuff in at once.......

[quote name='Clak']See, i didn't know that. A few years back somebody had something delivered to me by mistake and when it wasn't here they went to the police and complained that I stole it.[/QUOTE]

The intention of that is for mail order companies and scams like that. Ie. If columbia house sends you 10 dvds with a bill, you can keep them if you didn't order it.

[quote name='scarhawk']They've been holding ~$1000 worth of my games for almost 5 weeks now and one of the orders "lapsed" when they had that 1 month delay in marking the shipments. And the lapsed one hasn't been returned yet. What BS[/QUOTE]

Is the ~$1000 the value you are putting on it or they are putting on it? And if you are hoping to turn $10 games into $50, well, its not really fair of you to complain if you don't get it. And also, on one account, it seems very strange you would have $1000 worth to trade in consider that would be like 22 Phelps or 50 Rayman or Harry Potter or something. Whats your scam?

[quote name='Arakias']Is the ~$1000 the value you are putting on it or they are putting on it? And if you are hoping to turn $10 games into $50, well, its not really fair of you to complain if you don't get it. And also, on one account, it seems very strange you would have $1000 worth to trade in consider that would be like 22 Phelps or 50 Rayman or Harry Potter or something. Whats your scam?[/QUOTE]

It's the value their putting on it it's pretty easy to see where he's going with it.

[quote name='Arakias']I sent in 4 packages including Phelps, Rayman and Lego HP on the 4th. They were just received today (not paid).[/QUOTE]

They are amazingly quick to reject items, sadly not so on the paying out. Just had one of the items from this submission rejected because
"The Disk has scratches and could not be refurbished.Companion disks have scratches."

You know, if they weren't paying so much for this stuff I'd be a lot more pissed off than I am. I don't see them paying any quicker on a few bucks though. Whether you send in something nearly worthless, or gold like some of these, you'll probably be waiting as long.

Got an email that the Rayman that was originally rejected , sent back, and resent to them was received. Still waiting on the other 3 things to be paid from the original batch.

*edit* LOL. So they rejected it before when I graded as Like New, which it was. So i resent as Very Good, and the status now shows as

$ 30.61
Payment Method: PayPal

New Instant Sale Offer: $ 32.14

So they upgraded it to LikeNew I am assuming. Sigh. Assuming they eventually pay, they are out an extra 2x shipping cost because of that.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Got an email that the Rayman that was originally rejected , sent back, and resent to them was received. Still waiting on the other 3 things to be paid from the original batch.

*edit* LOL. So they rejected it before when I graded as Like New, which it was. So i resent as Very Good, and the status now shows as

$ 30.61
Payment Method: PayPal

New Instant Sale Offer: $ 32.14

So they upgraded it to LikeNew I am assuming. Sigh. Assuming they eventually pay, they are out an extra 2x shipping cost because of that.[/QUOTE]
I've been sitting as received and processing since August 9th. Good luck.

I just emailed half.com about this long delay in payment, since the policy clearly says "Once items are received by Elovations, Elovations will evaluate the items within 48 hours. Payments for accepted items are made within 5 days from the receipt of the item".

I encourage more people to email half.com to bring their attention to this issue so that we can all get our payment sooner.

finally received a response from them after 3 weeks and they want me to wait even longer. Below is the email I got from them.

"Thank you for writing Half.com in regard to Instant Sale.

I know it has taken us a while to get back to you and I apologize for the wait. I gather from your email that you the order ID--- and --- still shows "Processing" which was placed last 07/28/2012. I know how important this matter is to you as a seller and let me help you out with your concern.

I was able to escalate your issue to the Department that handles issues with Instant Sales. Once we are done with our investigation, we will email you and give you an update.

In summary, your email is now escalated and being reviewed by the proper Department. We’ll get back to you for the outcome of it.

I admire your patience and professionalism in handling this issue. Please know that you, being a valued eBay member, are always our main priority."

[quote name='aznxsa2587']finally received a response from them after 3 weeks and they want me to wait even longer. Below is the email I got from them.

"Thank you for writing Half.com in regard to Instant Sale.

I know it has taken us a while to get back to you and I apologize for the wait. I gather from your email that you the order ID--- and --- still shows "Processing" which was placed last 07/28/2012. I know how important this matter is to you as a seller and let me help you out with your concern.

I was able to escalate your issue to the Department that handles issues with Instant Sales. Once we are done with our investigation, we will email you and give you an update.

In summary, your email is now escalated and being reviewed by the proper Department. We’ll get back to you for the outcome of it.

I admire your patience and professionalism in handling this issue. Please know that you, being a valued eBay member, are always our main priority."[/QUOTE]
Same half-assed (no pun intended) canned response I always get.

[quote name='Arakias']Is the ~$1000 the value you are putting on it or they are putting on it? And if you are hoping to turn $10 games into $50, well, its not really fair of you to complain if you don't get it. And also, on one account, it seems very strange you would have $1000 worth to trade in consider that would be like 22 Phelps or 50 Rayman or Harry Potter or something. Whats your scam?[/QUOTE]

Lolwut? I can't tell if you're trolling or just mad. Half posted values on their site. I sent in a bunch of games. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I'm entitled to get money for the games I sent them because you see, I didn't send them as a gift.

I have been looking for the email to email them. They have had $400 games worth for 2 months now in porcessing. Anyone help me with the email. im stupid and can't seem to find it.

bread's done
Back