Half-life 2 The Orange box (PC) $37.99 at Circuit City/Fry's

sistem_shock

CAGiversary!
Yup title says it all. Great deal for some who havent gotten it yet. Buy online or in store. OR if you want you could go to bestbuy show the ad then have a price match.

Note: There is also an ad for The Orange Box for this price in the newspaper so you could look for that also.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/The-Orange-Box-PC-014633098525/sem/rpsm/oid/194703/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

This game is even cheaper at Fry's for $36. Check your news paper for the ad or click here http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/...id=32664&type=

Cheap gaming ftw :D

is the only way to get team fortress 2 by itself through steam? i prefer to have discs instead of just downloading the game but i could care less about the rest of the orange box games.

[quote name='luffy_kun']is the only way to get team fortress 2 by itself through steam? i prefer to have discs instead of just downloading the game but i could care less about the rest of the orange box games.[/quote]

Nope, and since its $30 on steam, might as well pay the extra $7 for hard copies. Thats how i justify buying it for just portal, TF2, and ep 2 (have others)

any cheap deals for orange box on 360? i think its bs that its only $37 for pc and $60 for 360. perhaps someone knows of a release deal for the 360 version like RB6 vegas was only $40 when it first came out at gamecrazy.

[quote name='Scorch']come on, dude. we keep all store deals in the weekly thread.
[/QUOTE]

Well, in his defense this deal is available online (it says coming soon)

Hey, what about buying it at Best Buy for $49.99 --- then showing them the CC price for a price match and add discount. (extra $$ saved!!!!)

Went and picked up at CC this morning I could not justify paying more for the 360 version which I could of had from GoGamer for 49.99 plus shipping. 37.99 + tax = 41.31 still much cheaper than 49.99 + shipping = 52.98

Plus I already owned the other two games on PC, I figured it would better to play on PC

am i missing something here?

Price was:

$49.99
You save:

-$12.00

You pay:

$37.99

Coming soon
Notify me when available

It's not for sale online yet...?

Yes that is one major drawback for console gamers. I was going to pick it up for the 360 but i mean you can use the controller for the PC version also and it has up to 32 players max as the console has 16 players max

$37.99 for 5 games is an amazing deal. Thats 22 dollars cheaper than the console version.

Honestly why buy the console version.

Oh yea to Scorch this can also be online buy or in store. Also i wanted to keep an individual thread b/c the game releases this week.

Hmm wierd the game does release today so i dont know why you cant buy it online. Well for right now its can be instore only but after a while it should be availabe online.

And also that is one major drawback for console gamers. I was going to pick it up for the 360 but i mean you can use the controller for the PC version also and it has up to 32 players max as the console has 16 players max

$37.99 for 5 games is an amazing deal. Thats 22 dollars cheaper than the console version.

Honestly why buy the console version.

Oh yea to Scorch this can also be online buy or in store. Also i wanted to keep an individual thread b/c the game releases today.

Damn great deal for PC but I gave up trying to keep up with constantly upgrading my pc. Take into consideration the cost of a strong video card and sound system everything in general I dont really mind paying 54.99 for 360 version of Orange Box.

On the plus side once Im done with the 360 version I can get at least more trade in credit than the pc version. Alot of place dont accept PC games any more for trade ins.

Shimrra what are your system specs? You do know that it doesnt take alot to run the games on The orange box. Most likely if you have a gig of ram windows xp and a 7000 or even 6000 nvidia card you can play all the games on high.

So really there is no reason to get it for console. Unless your pc is really really old nd crappy.

[quote name='sistem_shock']Shimrra what are your system specs? You do know that it doesnt take alot to run the games on The orange box. Most likely if you have a gig of ram windows xp and a 7000 or even 6000 nvidia card you can play all the games on high.

So really there is no reason to get it for console. Unless your pc is really really old nd crappy.[/quote]

LOL when I mean I gave up I mean I got rid of it and replaced it with a mac mini. I just need something for photo/video editing and checkin my emails.

I know these days the comps are pretty reasonably price that you can run everything at a decent frame rate. But I one of those people that just isnt happy with running the games at minimum.

[quote name='tcolberg']When BestBuy pricematches, do they take 10% off that price like some other chains do?[/QUOTE]
No. They only pricematch. Take the Circuit City ad with you, buy the game at Best Buy for full price, then march right over to Customer Service and say you just saw it in the CC ad cheaper. They refund the difference + 10%. If you hand them the ad when checking out, they only match it.

Went to my CC Yesterday, and they didn't have them out. I figured that the shipment may have been late, I didnt ask anyone, just looked high and low, but it wasnt there.

Went today, and it STILL wasn't on the shelves, at this point, I'm like WTF? So I go to Customer Service, the chick was very helpful ( I know!, right?) She called up some dude in the back to get keys to "the cage" and she found it after a little bit, she said they were still all in a box in the back for some reason.

Anyways, long and short of it, I used my Gamers Club Card and got it for $34.19! Awesome deal.
Thanks OP

Just purchased at BB and pricematched the Fry's ad, and also used my last Summer of entertainment $10 Certificate. total with PM and Cert. was 25.xx. :)

[quote name='sistem_shock']^ Thanks alot i edited the title :applause:[/quote]

Actually the price at Fry's is 36.99 and the price at CC is 37.99.

[quote name='michaema']Actually the price at Fry's is 36.99 and the price at CC is 37.99.[/quote]

I adressed that in my first post of the thread. Thanks :D

Anyone who got Orange Box retail confirm if you get Peggle Extreme?

I got it on steam, a while ago, but am going today to get an orage box for a friend.

Does anybody know if Circuit City checks I.D. to see if you are 17? im 16 and a half but i could easily pass as an 18 year old. Really want this game.

[quote name='Bhstickman']Does anybody know if Circuit City checks I.D. to see if you are 17? im 16 and a half but i could easily pass as an 18 year old. Really want this game.[/QUOTE]
Depends on the employee.

Sometimes they have with me and other times they haven't.

Either take a parent or go alone and hope you get lucky.

Got the pricematch at BestBuy and used my $10 Gift Card from when Madden 08 came out, so I got Orange Box for $30.04.

[quote name='speedracer']No. They only pricematch. Take the Circuit City ad with you, buy the game at Best Buy for full price, then march right over to Customer Service and say you just saw it in the CC ad cheaper. They refund the difference + 10%. If you hand them the ad when checking out, they only match it.[/QUOTE]
What about ordering on Bestbuy.com for in-store pick-up, then bringing the ad to the store? Would that work as well? Just trying to avoid having to wait in line twice. ;-)

[quote name='wolve']What about ordering on Bestbuy.com for in-store pick-up, then bringing the ad to the store? Would that work as well? Just trying to avoid having to wait in line twice. ;-)[/quote]

No because you need that managers approval no matter what. So just go.

Got it at CC without ID. had to ask for it though, because for some reason they didnt put it out on the shelves and left it in a box behind the counter. And yes, it does include peggle extreme. takes like 20 minutes to install though.

[quote name='AdultLink']Anyone who got Orange Box retail confirm if you get Peggle Extreme?

I got it on steam, a while ago, but am going today to get an orage box for a friend.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's actually pretty cool the way it works. Buying it retail is exactly the same as buying it on Steam. You unlock it with the key in the box and then it's tied to your Steam account like any online purchase. You can even download it on any PC you log into Steam on. Peggle isn't included actually on the DVD but it shows up as one of your "Not Installed" Steam games.

This may be a really stupid question (I'm not a PC gamer) but could a laptop with Vista Home Premium, a Gig of RAM, and ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Graphics run this?

[quote name='iamthekiller']when the fuck is this going to be available for order on circuitcity's web page?[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting on it on it too- I don't know what the deal is

[quote name='seththefallen']Price matched at BB, the guy gave me shit when I tried to get the 110% but the manager did it for me. Whats peggle?[/quote]
It is this kinda addictive PopCap game that's included. The version isn't the "deluxe" edition, so... they want your money basically.

Best Buy matched the 360 version for the CC PC price of 37.99 :lol: - $20 giftcard total came to 17.99 for the 360 version. (would have bought the PC version but already have 1st two games on PC and have been playing alot of FPS on 360 , Bioshock, Halo 3 ect.)

since i already own hl2 and episode one, does anybody know what the prices of episode two and team fortress 2 are separately? can i just download them off steam?

Episode 2 and Team Fortress 2 are both listed as thirty dollars each on Steam. I'm sure you could get the a bit cheaper but over all it's just worth it to get the Orange Box.

Plus Portal is the most awesome under 5 hour FPS I've ever played. I really wish it were longer.

bread's done
Back