Halflife 2 - $19.99 @ compusa (starting 7/24)

They are dropping it to $20 to clear out the Vivendo distributed boxes, but if you can't get in on this deal don't pass on HL2. It is worth each and every one of those 4,999 pennies and then some.

Got it at BB. Bought it for their sale price of $40, then came back with the ad and got credited back $22. Thanks again.

[quote name='scharf']Whats the worst video card this game will run on?[/QUOTE]
Source can scale back to DX7 and DX8.1, but it looks like crap. (but still looks better than most other games)

Of course, the gamelay is the selling point of HL2, not the graphics (they are a nice bonus, though).

I spent 100 bucks to get the gold edition on Steam, and it was worth every single cent. Getting this work of art for a mere jackson is like learning the meaning of life in exchange for a peanut.

[quote name='drunken_master']Hey, you know what. I just got the CE for $14.99 after PM at CC. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can't link to their ad, I tried that before. It just closes the browser, very strange.

What was the mix-up? Cause the ad doesn't really differentiate that it's the regular edition or Collector's Edition for $19.99? I thought about doing that, but it probably depends on who looks at the ad, if they know anything or not. That wouldn't have worked so well with the guy I talked to at Best Buy, he was all over the stock situation as soon as I mentioned the PM.

[quote name='clariste']I mentioned this page yesterday.....glad somebody could take advantage. I didn't even try, just got the regular version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. This is going right on ebay. I already have it.

[quote name='drunken_master']Yeah. This is going right on ebay. I already have it.[/QUOTE]

Good luck at $44.99. Just play the game, it's more than worth your 15 bucks.

I finally have Gordon's next adventure... fer 21.54 after tax (I PM'd at Wal-Mart [Da Bastards]):lol: Thanks OP for seeing this great deal.

I finally got gordon's next adventure for $21.54 after tax (I PM'd at Wally World [ Da Bastards]) :lol: Thanks for the great find OP. :applause:

Just picked up two Half-Life 2: Collector's Edition at Circuit City for $19.99 one for me and one for my nephew. They had their's marked at $69.99. The guy kept looking at the ad saying this is not the same one so he goes check but doesn't have anymore. So he gets his manager to do the price match and she looks at the ad too and says its not the same one. So I say, it says right there on the ad the Collector's Edition and with an instant savings making it $19.99. Still they were thinking about it so I say open the box to see if it is a different game. They do and see only the t-shirt and say for a t-shirt go ahead and give it to him, laughing. So I have a big smile on my face because they didn't even read the fine print for the Collector's Edition for $39.99 after rebate at Compusa. So who gets the last laugh?!

I got the regular edition PM'd at Wal-Mart with that receipt for $15 (thanks whoever scanned that). They didn't have CE or I would have tried it. No matter, I just want the game with CS:S in any case.

Mucho kudos to OP.

i went to two different CompUSAs and a CC and a BB and still did not find this game once. when i asked compusa for a rain check they said they don't do them (which would be the first time i ever heard of a store not doing ANY rain checks at all) so i went home without an game a really ****ing pissed off.

they had about 20 of the collectors edition at every spot tho, but i'm not paying extra for a shit and some other garbage i don't want...

Got 2 copies today at Circuit City for $14.99 each, after price matching CompUSA's ad and getting the 110% of the price. Not bad at all. There's only 1 copy left at the Circuit City in Portland, Oregon.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Got 2 copies today at Circuit City for $14.99 each, after price matching CompUSA's ad and getting the 110% of the price. Not bad at all. There's only 1 copy left at the Circuit City in Portland, Oregon.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the one by Washington Square?

I went there tonight and found that last copy, but the girl price-matching it actually called CompUSA to see if it was in stock, and since it wasn't she denied me the game.

It angered me more than anything, since they've NEVER done that before. I decided to keep the CompUSA ad though, because if I go into CC again and there's different people working the counter it might be worth a shot, since they usually never even check the date.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Are you talking about the one by Washington Square?

I went there tonight and found that last copy, but the girl price-matching it actually called CompUSA to see if it was in stock, and since it wasn't she denied me the game.

It angered me more than anything, since they've NEVER done that before. I decided to keep the CompUSA ad though, because if I go into CC again and there's different people working the counter it might be worth a shot, since they usually never even check the date.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm talking about that one. Sorry, I meant Tigard, Oregon. Who was the girl? The girl that rang me up was hispanic looking. I just tried to small talk with her, talking about the weather and asking how her day went. She didn't call CompUSA. I was lucky.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Yeah, I'm talking about that one. Sorry, I meant Tigard, Oregon. Who was the girl? The girl that rang me up was hispanic looking. I just tried to small talk with her, talking about the weather and asking how her day went. She didn't call CompUSA. I was lucky.[/QUOTE]

More that I was just unlucky. I had the black girl ringing me up. I knew I should have gone with the red-headed guy, but he was already helping someone and the girl asked if she could help me.

Did the hispanic girl look at the date of the ad? I'm still tempted to try again sometime next week with the expired ad, provided none of the 3 people who helped me today are there again. We should pool our sources together and figure out the ins and outs of which CC employees to price-match with. The general rule has always been that guys who look like they're in high school won't care at all.

I brought in the CompUSA advertisement to the Cool Springs CC yesterday and had the cashier at the checkout convinced that the ad was for the collector's edition, but when he took the game up to customer service the supervisor showed him that the ad was actually for the standard version (apparently some other people had tried the same thing earlier in the week).

Oh well, I got the regular version of HL2 and I'm still happy. Much thanks to the OP.

[quote name='bsesb2003']I haven't installed it yet, but what are the chances of HL2 running on a Geforce Ti4600 w/ 128? Thanks![/QUOTE]

It'll run - I used to play H-L2 on a Ti4600 128, and it ran rather smoothly on my computer (granted, it can't do any of the DX9 features, but it still looked gorgeous to me!). :)

does anyone know if any other stores are selling HL2 at $19.99 anytime soon?? I am assuming they ashould be if they want to get rid of the Vivendi Games version of the game.....

Im thinking maybe Fry's might, or Circuit City

The picture might have been the regular edition, but the title of the game and the pricing reflected that of the Collector's Edition.

I should have bought this, but I stupidly didn't get to CompUSA or any store that I could have pricematched at all week.

[quote name='gamefreak117']I bought it too when it dropped to $30 at EB. The collector's edition is just a big box holding the t-shirt, case with the dvd game, and the small HL2 prima book. I just recently beat the single player campaign, and play CS: Source almost everyday. I get around 25-40 fps in Source playing on 1024 resolution, which is sort of low considering I use a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 card, which is pretty entry-level card. If I missed out on the collector's edition, or want to introduce a friend into CS gaming, I'd jump on it and buy another HL2 cd. Just remember that the cdkey is tied to your Steam account, so its just an installer coaster after you install and register it.[/QUOTE]

So once you register the game, it is tied to that PC? You can't switch PCs later or what? I don't understand. :(

[quote name='Ruined']I'd jump on this if you want the game. They are trying to clear out the Vivendi Universal copies of the game before the EA stock moves in. Once that happens, you can bet it will shoot back up to $49.99

just be prepared to deal with the DRM content delivery pain in the butt known as steam.[/QUOTE]

EA stock? What is this about?

I would love to get the collectors edition for 20 bucks or less, but I don't have a CompUSA near me, the local one closed down many years ago... Any chance this special edition will ever go down to 20? Maybe in five years?

bread's done
Back