Halloween gaming tradition?

lordxixor101

CAGiversary!
Halloween seems to get the shaft as it comes to video games. Even though themed based games are few and far between, Christmas does get the venerable Christmas Nights. But, there is very little special for the Halloween season.

So, does anyone have any halloween gaming traditions? I may dig out Mr. Bones for the Saturn and give it a go this weekend.

Are you forgetting House of the Dead for Saturn? It was an awesome port :lol: j/k. My Saturn has been a faithful system. When I want to remind myself of some good gameplay, I break that system out. Currently rockin Tempest 2000 (That game is crack & smack I tell you!)

I'm going to be gaming.

Hold 'Em tourny and football, from 1pm to 12pm+ on sunday

And i get my car back then! w00t

My venerable Halloween gaming tradition dating all the way back to High School is Spy Hunter DWI on the NES, often while a drunken friend plays the Peter Gunn theme endlessly and badly on a keyboard.

Silent Hill is a good idea, I forgot about that one.

Tempest 2000 is crack. I have it for the Atari Jaguar, and I love it. The music really can get you into a groove where you can really lose time.

2 player san andreas all night. going on a killin spree after were done trick or treating. i think 16 is too old. but ill say im like my friends older brother or something(i am alot taller than him)

hopefully ill get lots of candy

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I can't believe no one has mentioned the Resident Evil series....[/quote]

That is what I expected to hear.

On topic, I do not have a halloween tradition when it comes to gaming. But I did play Animal Crossing last year. Maybe I have enough time to get some candy for this year.

Other good choices are...

Castlevania series
Devil May Cry Series
Eternal Darkness
American McGee's Alice (PC)
Darkstalkers series
Deception series
Maximo series
Hunter series (The Reckoning, Wayward)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Ghoul Patrol
Alone in the Dark series

I always play Super Castlevania IV (SNES), every Halloween. I'm also going to play Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams (Xbox) this Halloween...

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Other good choices are...

Castlevania series
Devil May Cry Series
Eternal Darkness
Darkstalkers series
Deception series
Maximo series
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Ghoul Patrol
Alone in the Dark series[/quote]

I can't believe you forgot the Silent Hills!

Throwing in a mention for The Suffering, just because I haven't seen it listed yet. I'd say there are a lot more spooky/scary Halloween-esque games than there are Christmas-related games.

Oh! And you can always boot up Kingdom Hearts and play around in Halloween Town. :p

I recall a big deal being made about Nightmare Creatures for PS1 a couple of Halloweens ago.

If you want to RPG it, pop in SMT or Persona 2.

That sh!t is just creepy sometimes.

Tempest 2K on the Saturn is really good, though I prefer the Jaguar original. Still, both are a LOT better than Tempest X3 or whatever it was on the PS. And, for that matter, I like them both more than Tempest 3000 on the Nuon.

Tempest 2000 is probably my favorite game of all time.

RD

[quote name='CappyCobra']Are you forgetting House of the Dead for Saturn? It was an awesome port :lol: j/k. My Saturn has been a faithful system. When I want to remind myself of some good gameplay, I break that system out. Currently rockin Tempest 2000 (That game is crack & smack I tell you!)[/quote]

Don't forget Grabbed by the Ghoulies or Haunted Mansion, both of which were quite the steal during the $5 CC sale...

RD

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Other good choices are...

Castlevania series
Devil May Cry Series
Eternal Darkness
Darkstalkers series
Deception series
Maximo series
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Ghoul Patrol
Alone in the Dark series[/quote]

Reality's Fringe][quote name='GuilewasNK']Other good choices are... Castlevania series Devil May Cry Series Eternal Darkness American McGee's Alice (PC) Darkstalkers series Deception series Maximo series Hunter series (The Reckoning said:
I can't believe you forgot the Silent Hills!

I didn't mention it because guardian_owl and lordxixor101 mentioned Slient Hill already...

I just realized I've never played a video game on Halloween, always going trick-or-treating with friends or staying at home and passing out candy. Huh.

i dont have a tradition for a video game every haloween. but my parents are crazy bout the Zombie Movies.. zay are having a zombie party and are watching 12 hours of zombeh action. For me i will be Trick-Or-Treating with friends.

For me it's all about House of the Dead 2 on Dreamcast. I actually bought that game on Halloween, 2002. Yesterday was too awesome... I started a two player game and played solo, with one gun in each hand. Meanwhile, I had Prodigy and KoRn and NIN and Dimmu Borgir blasting on Winamp. That right there is a happy halloween! :D

Another sick way to play HotD is to play it on TWO tv screens. My TV had rca OUTPUT jacks, so I ran cables to a second screen on the other side of my room. So the second TV duplicates the image on the first screen. My friend suggested playing the game like that, and I was all like "naw, I don't think that'll work." But to my surprise, we shot the guns at the second screen, and it worked! So we played the game standing back to back, each of us firing at a different screen. It really doesn't change the game at all, but it FEELS really friggin sweet!

bread's done
Back