Halloween is dying a slow painfull death!

halloween should be more about kids getting candy and having fun

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I think the original reason was to have an extra hour of daylight in summer so businesses would be able to stay open longer (ie: make more money) and it would be good for the economy. That prior to that, people would get out of work and just go home to bed because it was too dark out to go to the beach, etc.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much it.

The change to make DST longer was specifically promoted by some senators to allow children to trick-or-treat in daylight. It just doesn't feel right though. Unfortunately, the law enacting the change prohibits any adjustments until 2015.

You can get some more info here.

Just throwing my two cents in.

I live in a pretty rural area (local populations around 7k). My big problem with our local communities is the push to have "trunk or treats". I can remember how much fun me and my brothers had going trick or treating in our local neighborhoods. The whole idea of having treat or treating in a concrete parking lot is just wrong.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Probably involves sticking it in her pooper.[/QUOTE]

Being in the country it could be sticking it in his pooper....which could explain why he does not enjoy it.

I realized Halloween was dying when one year I came home from college to spend Halloween with a friend. The local paper had an article written by the mayor that stated Halloween was canceled and "to be rescheduled". What was her reasoning? Because it was on a Wednesday and she wanted to make sure that the children attended church that night instead.

[quote name='MSI Magus']What is trunk or treat?[/QUOTE]

It involves people packing the kids up in cars, taking them to a community parking lot where other parents/kids have gathered. They then go from car to car to pass out candy.

fucking retarded. I've had co-workers tell me the stories of the razor blades in apples not only happens, but that it happened in a town just 15 minutes from us.

I personally don't care. I do get amused though by how commercialized it's gotten. I once joked with a friend about how you can probably find a sexy mad scientist or sexy zoo worker costume. It's all about dress up and getting free shit.

bread's done
Back