Halo 2 - Overhyped?

[quote name='kaji7p56']Maybe this has benn posted before, or maybe not:

If you watch the "making of Halo: on the LE, then you'll see that after the E3 demo, they started from scratch. According to them, it wasn't in the direction they wanted to go. They said it wasn't fun.

One of the main guys said that they meant for this game to be 20 hours. This game was BARELY 10 and I died a lot.

I think that either Bungie "ran out of time" as they kepp saying in the documentary, or Microsoft did something.

Maybe I'm paranoid but, maybe Bungie created a super game. This uber-Halo 2 was 20 hours long and included everything we were promised. It probably contained the REAL invasion of Earth, not just a city. But some exec from M$ probably said, "Wow, this shit is huge. We could cut it in half and STILL make a mint."

------------SPOILER---------

They didn't have to add that last scene of Master Chief riding to Earth for the last battle. They could have done like they did for the first one and made you think it was over. They did it so you would have you wallet ready when Halo 2.5 comes out next year.

------END SPOILER-------

Also, I want to add that I love this game. I haven't had this much fun with a game since I first played the first Halo 6 months ago. This shit is awesome, but not as awesome as it could have been.[/quote]

I agree, the game was VERY short but hopefully if there is a Halo 3 it will he longer.

[quote name='doubledown'] Graphics are about the same.[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

With one sentance you've completly gone an discredited not only your "impressions", but yourself as a human being.

Halo 2 is NOT perfect, no game is, nor will any game ever be. However H2 is without a doubt the greatest Xbox game to date, regardless if you liked it or not.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='organicow']with all the excitement over this game, it would have been impossible for it NOT to have been overhyped. i've played about 2 hours of single player, and while it is good, it's not the best thing ever.

Live is where its at for me in theis game. I must've played 8 hours of Live games since Mon night, and it is a real blast! If I have bought this game and did not have Live, I would probably have been slightly disappointed, but as it stands I am really enjoying it.[/quote]

I agree with you 100%. Anyone who didn't think Halo 2 would be a let down from all the hype is just kidding themselves. Also I think Halo 2 on Live is probably the single best online expierance you can have with a console. It definately doesn't beat a lot of PC games online, but for a console I think it's #1.[/quote]

fuck that, H2 completly crushes nearly every PC experience, name 1 game that has a more fluid, almost humane, structure to it. Name a game that has an accurate ranking system that matches players based on their ranking. Name one PC game with a dynamic hosting system which keeps the party going for as long as you want.

shaq-fu that, H2 completly crushes nearly every PC experience, name 1 game that has a more fluid, almost humane, structure to it. Name a game that has an accurate ranking system that matches players based on their ranking. Name one PC game with a dynamic hosting system which keeps the party going for as long as you want.

More fluid, almost humane, structure to it? What are you trying to say? No doubt Halo 2 online is the best from the console point of view, but don't even bother trying to match up to PC games when it comes to online FPS.

Halo 2 provides console gamers an online FPS experience similar to PC online FPS experience. Completely crushes nearly every PC experience? Heh.

Hey something to tell all halo 3 none existant halo 2.5 is wha it wil be and it will be for xbox 2 therfore better graphics and better gameplay better everything and a finished story oh and it will be out in 12 to 24 months :D

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='Mookyjooky']Single player was OK, so far....

Multiplayer is what will sell 5 million copies though.[/quote]

Well let's see there is only around 1.5 million people on Xbox Live... so I think they will not do as well as you hope.[/quote]

XBL is just one aspect of multiplayer. Add that approximate 1.5 to the other gamers that will buy for coop splitscreen and system link aspects...it starts to add up after a while. While it might not hit the 5million, its sales are not depedent on the XBL subscriber variable.

[quote name='gaelan'][quote name='Indiana'][quote name='Mookyjooky']Single player was OK, so far....

Multiplayer is what will sell 5 million copies though.[/quote]

Well let's see there is only around 1.5 million people on Xbox Live... so I think they will not do as well as you hope.[/quote]

XBL is just one aspect of multiplayer. Add that approximate 1.5 to the other gamers that will buy for coop splitscreen and system link aspects...it starts to add up after a while. While it might not hit the 5million, its sales are not depedent on the XBL subscriber variable.[/quote]

I read the other day that Halo 2 had already sold over 6.5 million copies. Thats frickin crazy.

While Halo 2 is fun, I think too many people were expecting something so beautiful it would make God cry. Just accept it for what it is.

I thought Halo was an innovative game and I spent a lot of time beating it on the highest difficulty and w/ friends in MP. However, Halo 2 didn't do near enough to keep me interested. In fact I played the game for about 5-6 hours the first day I got it and have not touched it since(I'm happy it only cost me $33!). I would sell or trade the game, but I figure I might want to try it again someday. In my opinion, both Halos are good but not great games and don't deserve half the attention/praise they have gotten, especially Halo 2. I really doubt I'll even consider buying Halo 3.

Again no halo 3 halo 2.5 on xbox 2 alright and It will be better xbox 2 has better graphic capabilaty and they ar e gonna spend more time on this halo 2 was rushed and thats why it sucked and I know this because I have contacts.

Again no halo 3 halo 2.5 on xbox 2 alright and It will be better xbox 2 has better graphic capabilaty and they ar e gonna spend more time on this halo 2 was rushed and thats why it sucked and I know this because I have contacts.

I don't find Halo 2 to be entertaining. I think it's a pretty bland game, to say the least. I love the first one, and have beaten it to death, but I couldn't play very much of the second. I personally think it was WAY overhyped.

I think the single player was slightly overhyped. The mulitplayer is outstanding though. The gameplay, stats and features are so above any other console game it isn't even funny.

bread's done
Back