Halo 3 $51.98 Shipped from FamilyVideo after coupon

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Halo 3 is available to preorder for $49.99 at FamilyVideo, shipping is $.99, and $5 off coupons can be used by first time customers (NEWPGMEM, NWEGWMEM or NEWMEM5F). For a grand total of $45.98 shipped.

I've seen this deal mentioned (alfonsosoriano, jeremy517) in related threads, but this deserves it's own thread in my opinion. Great deal if you missed out on the Liongames offer. I can't find anywhere that this has been mentioned explicitly, sorry if this is a repost. Researching a similar preorder deal on GHII, most cags reported receiving their items within two days of release from FamilyVideo.

Update: They bumped the price up $6 apparently.

Anyone pre-order from family video before? Are they realiable, will I get my game weeks after release or are they usually prompt with pre-order shipping?

^^My only experience with these people is when I ordered GOW from them and it came within five days.

I'm getting it from liongames, but this is still a good deal.

Thanks OP. I tried using a coupon from another thread for $5 off new members, but it didn't work. I then used the first one you posted, NEWPGMEM, and it worked fine. I didn't get in on the liongames deal, so this worked out great!

I got a email from Family Video today indicating it has already shipped. It might actually get here close to launch.

[quote name='maxgeek']I got a email from Family Video today indicating it has already shipped. It might actually get here close to launch.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Did you use the 99 cent shipping? I used the 3-5 day UPS.
Hopefully it comes near the launch.

Not shipped yet here, bought it on the 14th of July (limited edition). When did you guys place your order?

[quote name='Tanis13']Not shipped yet here, bought it on the 14th of July (limited edition). When did you guys place your order?[/quote]I placed mine on thursday you may want to check make sure your credit card or debit is okay.

I just now ordered. Had I had known it'd ship early, I would've preordered it sooner!

Gahhh!!!!!!

I'm guessing theyll have to ship it out Monday now. so I'll get it friday...and be a noob on xbl.

I ordered on 8/30 and my Collector's Edition just shipped out this morning. I only paid for the $0.99 shipping but hopefully it'll get here by release day since I'm in MI and it looks like it's shipping from IL.

[quote name='norkusa']I ordered on 8/30 and my Collector's Edition just shipped out this morning. I only paid for the $0.99 shipping but hopefully it'll get here by release day since I'm in MI and it looks like it's shipping from IL.[/quote]I'm hoping to see mine at latest Thursday being I choose .99 shipping as well. I'm Ny usally would take 3 days from there, but you never know we these things.

[quote name='norkusa']I ordered on 8/30 and my Collector's Edition just shipped out this morning. I only paid for the $0.99 shipping but hopefully it'll get here by release day since I'm in MI and it looks like it's shipping from IL.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the 29th or 30th. No shipping email yet for me, but I never got an email when I ordered Halo3 in the first place. I had to call to make sure my order went through and I had to request a confirmation email too. I tried to check my account but I forgot my password and the forgot my email link will not work.

[quote name='retail sucks']I ordered the 29th or 30th. No shipping email yet for me, but I never got an email when I ordered Halo3 in the first place. I had to call to make sure my order went through and I had to request a confirmation email too. I tried to check my account but I forgot my password and the forgot my email link will not work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's strange because I never got any email conformations from them either. They've got my correct email address and I know my email isn't filtering it out either, so that isn't the problem. Checked my order info on the FV site though and it said it's shipped.

You can also check your bank/CC statement. Mine shipped out yesterday (friday) - regular edition shipping with the cheapo 99c to CA. Hoping to see it by Friday, but doubt it.

Hey wassup guys just again wanted to extend a thanks for posting this deal early on. I just on it about the same time as you guys around end of Aug and got the confirmation email this morning that it was shipped. I got the 99 cent shipping but doenst matter to me when it gets here as long as I can save its all good. Also wanted to note same coupon can be applied to Mass effect which would also make it 45.98 and the use the same coupon just enter in a different email address and you'll get the discount. I plan on preordering this title next week. Any of you guys know any deals on gears of war please do let me know. Thanks again for the info and if I find any deals I'll send them your way. PEACE

Just placed an order and looking forward to what looks like a week's wait for shipping from IL to CA. ::runs to hide in a cave to avoid spoilers::

SWEET! Halo 3 for 45 bucks. Hey, its not gonna dip below 60 anywhere any time soon, not even for a week at BB.

Im actually not a big halo fan, but I just got XBL and I think this is gotta be a must have for online FPS

I'm in for $45.98 too... at first I hesitated because I didn't know anything about familyvideo.com, and their resellerratings.com rating is only a 6.8 - I typically avoid any store with a rating under 9.0. But seeing that they have tons of b&m stores I figure it's worth the risk... and the tidal wave of hype surrounding Halo 3 is just too much for me to resist. You win Bungie! :)

You'll be happy with Family Video as long as you don't mind waiting and the game isn't packaged in a cardboard box (Persona 3).

I placed my order last night and it says its "marked for review." I guess it'll change come Monday but hopefully my credit card isnt giving me shit.

edit - oh and they still havent sent me an e-mail. that's making me a little nervous.

Gah, mine is still stuck in In Fulfillment. I did opt for the 3-5 day $5 shipping. Surprised that people who ordered in August with 99c shipping are getting theirs shipped out sooner considering I placed my order in July. :(

I ordered mine this past friday and it shipped on Saturday

...CE btw....

so yeah, this confirms you should NEVER preorder from familyvideo months in advance....

Wow. Anyone else order reacently and have it ship? I did it with GoW with Familyvideo, didnt get it for another week or so after.
I was think between this and buy.com, any ideas which would ship faster?

[quote name='AgentOtaku']I ordered mine this past friday and it shipped on Saturday

...CE btw....

so yeah, this confirms you should NEVER preorder from familyvideo months in advance....[/quote]

Wow, yea I'm gonna call them and see what's up, better not take an extra week or I'll just cancel and buy it at the store.

I placed my order as well last night, and my status says marked for review. I doubt this is a credit problem because the three of us are in the same boat. Im guessing we will see whats up Monday :)

EDIT: Oh ya, thanks for the post btw :D

[quote name='exero']I placed my order as well last night, and my status says marked for review. I doubt this is a credit problem because the three of us are in the same boat. Im guessing we will see whats up Monday :)[/quote]Mine was in the marked for review process for a day and a half before it went into fufulment. Then shipped when they got it in on saturday i'm guessing.

[quote name='Thrinn']You'll be happy with Family Video as long as you don't mind waiting and the game isn't packaged in a cardboard box (Persona 3).[/QUOTE]

Yes, FV's plastic (non-padded) shipping sleeve kind of sucks but I'm not going to complain I'm getting Halo3 for $46 shipped. Atleast they will replace damaged copies or lost games.

I'd gladly add a $1 more to their $0.99 shipping for a padded bubble mailer & a DC#. Oh, and believe FV sells games in bulk. 10% off 100 copies.:roll:

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']Wow. Anyone else order reacently and have it ship? I did it with GoW with Familyvideo, didnt get it for another week or so after.

I was think between this and buy.com, any ideas which would ship faster?[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's were Halo 3 is a pre-order or they could have different warehouse locations shipping the games out.

Games always arrive in 3-5 days from FV when I've ordered.

[quote name='Thrinn']You'll be happy with Family Video as long as you don't mind waiting and the game isn't packaged in a cardboard box (Persona 3).[/quote]

Crap, i ordered the LE for $55 and im hearing reports of the disc coming loose and getting scratched to hell.

I remember I got Inland Empire and Taxi Driver 2-disc from FV.com a day before they actually came out. Maybe they'll do that for you guys with games...

I preordered my copy (CE) back in August and got the email that it shipped on Saturday. It hasn't showed up on my credit card statement yet though. I hope it comes by Wednesday at the latest. The wait is killing me on the inside.

*tear*

Yeah thanks for this man.

I really didnt want to brave the hordes of people at midnight and I really really didnt want buy it for 60 bucks.

50 bucks shipped with 3 day UPS shipping...fucking A. Save what 14 bucks including tax and I dont have to wait in line.

FTW

Thank's a ton! I was going to go with the BB points bundle but it came out to be like $70 with tax, so I am saving even more with this!

$64 with tax in store vs $46 shipped, that is a no brainier!

With 2 exams this week I can't even play it until Friday. Glad they did the whole beta testing, somehow I don't feel like I'll be missing out by waiting a couple days. Great deal

Marked For Review usually means they think there was an identity theft or something like that, I think.

I got one of those from GameQuest Direct buying God of War II with a coupon code CheapyD put up. They needed me to call a phone number and verify some contact information and immediately shipped it afterwards. Family Video is pretty lame if they don't even bother e-mailing you to at least manually greenlight your own order.

yeah it is lame, they still havent e-mailed me yet but now it says the order is "in fulfillment" on the site. I hope that means it's getting ready to be shipped.

"Marked for review" doesn't always mean that necessarily. In the warehouse where I work, when an order is "marked for review" it's basically undergoing a finalization process. You know, being entered in the system, processed and what not. When it's "in fullfillment" it's usually being pulled, worked on and packaged. Shipping follows not long after. Family Video is a small chain of stores apparently, therefore it's no Best Buy or Walmart warehouse so that may be why their processing takes a little bit longer. I've ordered one game from there previously and after shipping I received it 2 - 3 days later. I'm expecting it tomorrow, though it could show up today but I'm not telling myself it will happen.

Either way I can't complain, I mean I paid $46 bucks for the regular edition.

Saving money FTW! :applause:

I ordered this in June using 99c shipping, and my order is still listed as 'in fulfillment.' I'm hoping it actually has shipped anyway, but I'm guessing no. Lame!

I ordered this on the 18th and got a confirmation email that it shipped on the 21st (this past Friday.) I got the $.99 shipping but hopefully it won't take too long to get to me. As long as before this weekend!

Family Video is actually a pretty large chain. I used to work at a very small one called Panorama Video and Family Video put us out of business quick. It's kinda like Blockbuster Jr. only limited by the fact they're only in like 1/3 of the country, mainly the Midwest.

But being that they're not "smalltime" I don't understand how their online store is. The whole site's customer options are pisspoor (ie: no area to cancel an order). Those envelopes they ship the game in are a joke too. That must be what the 99 cents is going towards. ;)

Thanks for the heads up....I ordered this morning and I already got an email that says my order has shipped. Maybe I will get it by friday. BTW, i used the .99 shipping option.

I decided to picky myself up one. I never used family video online but i do use their stores for rentals and things of that nature. Mine says in Fufillment, not sure what that means but i bet it means i should be excited for halo cause i am.:cry::):lol::D

bread's done
Back