Halo 3 $51.98 Shipped from FamilyVideo after coupon

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Halo 3 is available to preorder for $49.99 at FamilyVideo, shipping is $.99, and $5 off coupons can be used by first time customers (NEWPGMEM, NWEGWMEM or NEWMEM5F). For a grand total of $45.98 shipped.

I've seen this deal mentioned (alfonsosoriano, jeremy517) in related threads, but this deserves it's own thread in my opinion. Great deal if you missed out on the Liongames offer. I can't find anywhere that this has been mentioned explicitly, sorry if this is a repost. Researching a similar preorder deal on GHII, most cags reported receiving their items within two days of release from FamilyVideo.

Update: They bumped the price up $6 apparently.

I ordered mine Monday night/tuesday morning and it shipped out today....We will see if it gets here before the weekend (doubt it). Oh well, my gf would kill me if i played it when she came to visit anyway. "But its HALO" just doesn't fly with her.
icon9.gif

[quote name='qbkorso']When do you enter the code. I didn't see a place for it. Thanks. Sorry if someone else asked this. I couldn't find an answer.[/QUOTE]
Same Question

On my previous order they sent it in the bubble envelope. The case and disc were perfectly fine though. I'm expecting to get it tomorrow since it was shipped on Friday and I live in Houston, TX.

I was kind of hoping I was getting it today. Not because I'm impatient, but because EVERYONE on my friendslist keeps asking me if I got it yet so we can play. :roll:

Patience is a virtue though.. So is saving about $15 - 20 bucks on a game. :applause:

[quote name='AngelsDontBurn']On my previous order they sent it in the bubble envelope. The case and disc were perfectly fine though. I'm expecting to get it tomorrow since it was shipped on Friday and I live in Houston, TX.

I was kind of hoping I was getting it today. Not because I'm impatient, but because EVERYONE on my friendslist keeps asking me if I got it yet so we can play. :roll:

Patience is a virtue though.. So is saving about $15 - 20 bucks on a game. :applause:[/quote]

Did you pay .99cents for shipping?

I'm thinking of buying the game and using coupon but adding 5 dollars to ship in 3-5 days. So that'll be 50 dollars total

[quote name='A Very CAG']Did you pay .99cents for shipping?

I'm thinking of buying the game and using coupon but adding 5 dollars to ship in 3-5 days. So that'll be 50 dollars total[/quote]

Yeah I did! It's actually very reliable! It just all depends on how patient you are. :)

Well, either way you'd be saving money!

[quote name='A Very CAG']Ah ok but wouldn't today be the 5th day or do you not count Friday lol?[/quote]

Well, yeah. Hahaha. I remember it took about the same amount of time last time. :cool:

I received my LE today, in a nice sturdy box. Purchased using the 99 cent shipping too.

Unfortunately, I can hear the disc rattling around as a result of the MS blunder. I'm not even going to bother opening the package. It's going back.

Mine arrived today (California) - shipped Friday via .99c shipping. Can't pick it up until tomorrow though, damn mail system.

My Halo 3 CE came today from FamilyVideo (edit: with the .99 cent shipping). It was VERY well packaged in a cardboard box with bubble wrap. My Game Disc was mounted and in flawless condition...however, my bonus disc was loose and all scratched up. I haven't put in the Bonus Disc yet (as I want to play the game first) but the scratches didn't seem too serious. All the same, I will probably take advantage of the program and swap mine for a new bonus disc.

[quote name='qbkorso']When do you enter the code. I didn't see a place for it. Thanks. Sorry if someone else asked this. I couldn't find an answer.[/QUOTE]

I believe you add a coupon code on the credit card/billing info page. During step #3.

[quote name='Ernest_360']My Halo 3 CE came today from FamilyVideo (edit: with the .99 cent shipping). It was VERY well packaged in a cardboard box with bubble wrap.[/QUOTE]

It's nice to hear FV is using better packaging for Halo3. My brother ordered Dead Rising and it came in a thick plastic envelope with no padding whatsoever. I'm glad their not taking the chance this time.

Ernest-360. I'm guessing the box/packaging is similar to BestBuys.com $1.99 USPS shipping box. Right?

[quote name='retail sucks']

Ernest-360. I'm guessing the box/packaging is similar to BestBuys.com $1.99 USPS shipping box. Right?[/quote]

I have no idea what size the BestBuy.com shipping box comes in...but I will give you the measurement (in inches) of the Family Video Box they shipped mine in. It was...

5 and 1/2 Tall, 9 Wide, and 6 deep.

Compared with the Halo 3 CE Tin Box which is...

1 and 1/4 or so Tall, 7 and 1/2 Wide, and 5 and 3/8 Deep

and there is plenty of space! Plus, it was surrounded in bubble wrap.

In short, good job FamilyVideo and for .99 cents no less!

Question to anyone that has the Collectors Edition....is that plastic sleeve on the outside of the case supposed to be a complete pain in the ass to slip on and off? I know it sounds like a stupid thing to complain about, but I have to struggle 10-20 seconds with it every time I want to open the tin. It's waaaay too tight.

[quote name='norkusa']Question to anyone that has the Collectors Edition....is that plastic sleeve on the outside of the case supposed to be a complete pain in the ass to slip on and off? I know it sounds like a stupid thing to complain about, but I have to struggle 10-20 seconds with it every time I want to open the tin. It's waaaay too tight.[/quote]

I agree, it's pretty tight. Actually, it's unecessarily tight.

It is a nice looking case though.

Yeah. it's annoying, but it happens often with the games i buy. What i n ormally do is, put the game disc off into another jewel case (buy those cd or dvd cases from fry's or best buy and you got a disc holder for your game). Just put your collector's tin onto your bookshelf or something while keeping your disc on some other jewel case.

Received my LE yesterday. Standard shipping a day after its released must say I'm impressed by Family Video. I wasn't expecting it to arrive till Friday at the earliest. Great packaging but my game disc has two big scratches on it. Not Family Video's fault just Microsoft with there faulty packaging of the LE discs. Game works fine but I might play it for a bit then ask for a replacement before the deadline.

To anyone still deciding whether or not to take this offer I heavily recommend looking into it. I ordered Halo 3 back in Aug, got a confirmation shipping email this past Saturday and Received it on Wed of this week. Yeah it was in the infamous Bubble wrapped envelope but it was in perfect condition plus it says time sensitive material on the posting to warn of careful handling. Now i know A lot of people cant read and would therfore throw the package around but I can assure anyone interested in this offer its worth it. Think of how much you would save in taxes 45 instead of 64 bucks will always be a deal to me. Hell the rest of that money can be saved towards another game.

[quote name='rbailey07']To anyone still deciding whether or not to take this offer I heavily recommend looking into it. I ordered Halo 3 back in Aug, got a confirmation shipping email this past Saturday and Received it on Wed of this week. Yeah it was in the infamous Bubble wrapped envelope but it was in perfect condition plus it says time sensitive material on the posting to warn of careful handling. Now i know A lot of people cant read and would therfore throw the package around but I can assure anyone interested in this offer its worth it. Think of how much you would save in taxes 45 instead of 64 bucks will always be a deal to me. Hell the rest of that money can be saved towards another game.[/quote]

i did the same thing. as much as i want to get the game right away it wasn't worth $18 to pick it up right away. i don't blame those who did though because they got free stuff and i also had a bunch of homework to do.

but no one knows where it's shipping from so i have no idea when it's going to come.

anyone get a shipping invoice from last saturday and NOT recieve their copy yet? wanna make sure im not alone here

[quote name='Southberm']anyone get a shipping invoice from last saturday and NOT recieve their copy yet? wanna make sure im not alone here[/quote]

mine shipped last saturday and I haven't received yet....not suprised since they send their items media mail

...doesn't matter either because i planning on mine arriving with the discs loose (collector's edtion) and having to send the damn thing right back

...I already just bought it from my local gameshop instead

ordered my LE on the 14th, shipping confirmation on saturday(24th)
recieved it today(27th)

mine came in a box, not much bigger than the LE itself, nice and secure
i used the 99 cent shipping and it says they sent it priority instead of media mail
methinks they made a mistake

disc is slightly scratched in a couple places, nothing major

i won't send for a new one until close to the deadline

now i just need to pick up my new tv from sears, and i can start playing

Yeah, I got mine priority instead of media mail. I think it was intentional-- Halo 3 is huge afterall. Props to Family Video, I'll be doing business with them again.

I hope to god I get this tomorrow! I ordered last weekend and it shipped early tuesday, so Im glad to hear that 99 cent shipping is coming fast!!!

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Halo 3 is available to preorder for $49.99 at FamilyVideo, shipping is $.99, and $5 off coupons can be used by first time customers (NEWPGMEM, NWEGWMEM or NEWMEM5F). For a grand total of $45.98 shipped.

I've seen this deal mentioned (alfonsosoriano, jeremy517) in related threads, but this deserves it's own thread in my opinion. Great deal if you missed out on the Liongames offer. I can't find anywhere that this has been mentioned explicitly, sorry if this is a repost. Researching a similar preorder deal on GHII, most cags reported receiving their items within two days of release from FamilyVideo.[/quote]
it took me a week to get Metroid Prime 3 from them.

[quote name='Southberm']anyone get a shipping invoice from last saturday and NOT recieve their copy yet? wanna make sure im not alone here[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kid_Marvel']I got a shipping notice on Friday and I haven't recieved my copy yet. :\[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped Saturday, it's now Friday, the mail already ran and nothing. Oh well I figured it would be well past release before I received. This is why I cancelled my Lion Games order fearing USPS might fuck up. FV has replaced lost games for me in the past. I'm renting it from Movie Gallery today, due back Wednesday the 10th shipping day, If it's not hear by then I'll be making a phone call to FV.

Just got mine in the mail!! Ordered on the 22nd, shipped on the 25th, here on the 29th... Halo 3 for $45!! Family Video just won my business again!

it sucks for you guys that haven't gotten it. I order back in august. I had to check online to see it shipped out on the 22nd and arrived on the 26th.

the label though has a date of 9/24. I'm out in california also. Illinois to California in 2 days.

Yet it took the post office 5 days and possibly more to get me something from Reno.

got the CE version in the mail today. Game disc is scratched beyond recognition, unplayable. I hate you, Microsoft

I got mine today, but I have a problem/question:

My Heavenly Sword was shipped out the 19th. My Halo was shipped out the 22nd, 3 days later.

If Halo's here, why is HS NOT?

Halo 3 has a "Time Sensitive Material" sticker on it. Now, I'm thinking maybe they slap that on there because it's Halo (hype, etc), and that sticker might not be on HS.
But even so, a sticker or not, this seems pretty odd it hasnt arrived, having an extra 3 days.

It's only 9 days, so I guess I need to chill out.
But I live in California, which is fairly close, and Halo took 5 days, and Persona 3 took 4...

Grr.

I hope I get mine today too. It shipped Monday/Tuesday and our postal service out here is usually surprisingly quick (my mom sent me a package and it literally got here the day after, no special service either).

[quote name='masterofdarkness']Nevermind they shipped it thursday, how long did anyone from New York, take to get theirs.[/quote]

3 days, though some on here got in two.

[quote name='TheFreshPrince']Just to let you all know.....mine shipped from a location on Georgia.[/quote]

nice. I live in atlanta!

[quote name='getmyrunon']There's no way to physically tell from your order- in the past, people have received their things from IL so people assume that's where the warehouse is located. To my knowledge I've never seen anyone claiming an order came from somewhere that wasn't IL, so there's a good chance yours is shipping from there as well, but I could be mistaken.[/quote]
That's kind of annoying, I ordered mine last weekend, shipped the 25th and still hasn't arrived yet. I know I chose .99 shipping, but I live in IL. so I assume it would have shipped from there. Even with media mail shipping, I assume it still would have gotten here by this weekend. We'll see on Monday...

Oh yeah, got mine today (well, tech. yesterday now). Shipped from Illinois, and no scratches whatsoever. Thanks for that offer. :)

Got mines on friday, shipped with 99 cents ups-mi (USPS) but the packaged was dented up and both disc scratched.

They are most likely being sent from multiple warehouses, so there's really no point in comparing times. Just try and be patient, it'll be there ASAP. I mean, if you lack patience you could always just throw in a few more bucks and just go UPS. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back