Halo 3 and MP:Corruption showing up as $29.99 at target.com (extreme YMMV)

Well, I bit. I wasn't planning on getting the game until recently, and this would seal the deal for me (no need to get it Day 1). Not to mention it will free up my store credit for the other Wii goodness coming down the pipe the rest of the year. Color me surprised they're doing anything about it. Though I guess it all goes back to the fact that, as with my $100 DS misprint, Target has some excellent CS. If I get the adjustment, gracias, golddbz!

[quote name='golddbz2000']Ok fellas this deal works! I have photo proof and I can explain how you can get this as well...

Ok, I basically did this:

One, go ahead and make a purchase of the two games. I KNOW it shows on the first screen as 29.99 and on the other it shows retail. this is not important.

Two, once you place the order, send an email to the online order customer service help. explain to them the price difference. I also said I had a screen shot of the lower price if it helped.

Three, make sure you keep track of the order #'s they send you and be polite. No sense in being rude to them over the deal. They will manually adjust the price to the lower of the two.

Four, if you made it this far, good job. As a reward I will give you a 10% off copon to sweeten the deal (make sure you use this on your original order or you can apply it!). Make sure you tell them to apply your discount to the price adjustment as well. heres the code: TGTENTZY

You still want proof huh? ok...take a gander at this:

big images[/QUOTE]
I can't believe that nobody's mentioned this yet, but take a look at their page on pricing policy:

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html?node=10824271

We cannot confirm the price of an item until your order enters the shipping process nor will we charge your credit card until your order enters the shipping process. (Please note that your Order Acknowledgement means that your order request has been received; it does not mean that your order has been shipped or that the price of an item has been confirmed.)

We've seen pricing mistakes like this before...and in almost every one of these incidents, the store catches the mistake and cancels the orders. Seeing as Target's got a full month to do that for Metroid and even longer for Halo, I wouldn't bother.

[quote name='botticus']Though I guess it all goes back to the fact that, as with my $100 DS misprint,[/quote]
Haha, so I'm not the only one who remembered that one and took advantage of it, huh?

golddbz2000, how long did it take for them to "fix" the price for you?

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I can't believe that nobody's mentioned this yet, but take a look at their page on pricing policy:

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html?node=10824271

We cannot confirm the price of an item until your order enters the shipping process nor will we charge your credit card until your order enters the shipping process. (Please note that your Order Acknowledgement means that your order request has been received; it does not mean that your order has been shipped or that the price of an item has been confirmed.)

We've seen pricing mistakes like this before...and in almost every one of these incidents, the store catches the mistake and cancels the orders. Seeing as Target's got a full month to do that for Metroid and even longer for Halo, I wouldn't bother.[/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Target, dont enforce this for Metroid kthanxbai!

Oh well, it's still possible if the numbers are low enough.

Yeah but the thing is that when you try to purchase it, the price comes up as regular price. Not the price listed on the front page. It's not like with the DeepDiscountDVD crapups where the price in your cart is the same as the screw up price they listed. Instead, they're getting someone to manually fix that.

Worse comes to worst, PRICE MATCH. Print the page out and price match 'em.

Considering CS has to manually adjust these prices for the incorrect price to be applied, I don't think you need to worry about their policy of reviewing and correcting price mistakes.

[quote name='Tsukento']Worse comes to worst, PRICE MATCH. Print the page out and price match 'em.[/QUOTE]
Target stores don't price match the Target website, and I don't know of any other stores that price match preorders. If you find one, though, more power to you.

[quote name='botticus']Considering CS has to manually adjust these prices for the incorrect price to be applied, I don't think you need to worry about their policy of reviewing and correcting price mistakes.[/QUOTE]
Who's to say that they won't go back through and manually change them back?

I've already seen this on at least three or four different gaming websites, and god knows how many people have seen it on Fatwallet and the like. If they don't fix the price mistake soon, then odds are they will cancel all of the preorders, prices manually changed or not. They can't take that big of a hit on what should be two of the best-selling titles of the year.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but almost every time we get a "too good to be true" type sale here, it usually is.

In the worst case scenario, I'd just take a print out and get it price matched at CC, since the chicks there don't even bother to check anything.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Target stores don't price match the Target website, and I don't know of any other stores that price match preorders. If you find one, though, more power to you.[/QUOTE]
Prime is due in about 2 more weeks. Assuming they don't fix it by then, one could easily print the page out and price match Target's ad with a different store as that portion also says "new arrivals."

[quote name='Tsukento']Haha, so I'm not the only one who remembered that one and took advantage of it, huh?

golddbz2000, how long did it take for them to "fix" the price for you?[/quote]

it took about 4-6 hours I guess; they werre really nice about it though. They just admitted that it was a pricing mistake on their part and said they would manually correct my order. a few hours later, I logged into the target site (using amazon credentials) and I saw the orders changed.

That being said, I took a screenshot and posted the good news on here to only get lambasted and ridiculed. honestly, I really could care less if people jump on this. I got an amazing deal, thought I would pass it on, and people who haven't even tried this just want to complain and call me a liar? haha, ignorant fools.

And to the people who keep crying and saying "you just wait!!!" well, I bit on this deal and it worked for me. If you don't even try and just want to rain on my parade, then by the time you wished you would've jumped on this, it will be too late.

I really don't know what else I can do to convince you. This isn't gamefags; I thought we as a community try to be responsible and not cry wolf. But on the same note, don't piss on a good thing if you haven't even given it a try.

/rant

i tried it and i'm hoping they adjust it too, but if they dont i'll just cancel my order and keep my other preorder at gamestop, not expecting it but woul dbe happy if i could get a game i'ma buy for 1/2 the price(i dont need the legendary)

props to the golddbz i f this goes through

[quote name='Megalith']In the worst case scenario, I'd just take a print out and get it price matched at CC, since the chicks there don't even bother to check anything.[/quote]
I never hold my breath when I take printouts of online webpages and try to get another store to price match let alone the very store of the said printout. I always get burned about 50/50 of the time.

Why don't you just go the easy route and stay at home and order it online and do what I did? Worst case scenario, you could cancel your order if they dont adjust it and you won't get charged.

Anyways, it works, my friend ordered this and sent an email and he got his adjusted as well. So myself and a friend have done this. except he didn't enter in the 10% off code, so his order is about $10 more than mine.

Yeah it's a no lose situation really. If they cancel it so what? You just go buy the games elsewhere. It's not like you're out any money or anything if they cancel it. No hurt in trying here.

[quote name='golddbz2000']it took about 4-6 hours I guess; they werre really nice about it though. They just admitted that it was a pricing mistake on their part and said they would manually correct my order. a few hours later, I logged into the target site (using amazon credentials) and I saw the orders changed.

That being said, I took a screenshot and posted the good news on here to only get lambasted and ridiculed. honestly, I really could care less if people jump on this. I got an amazing deal, thought I would pass it on, and people who haven't even tried this just want to complain and call me a liar? haha, ignorant fools.

And to the people who keep crying and saying "you just wait!!!" well, I bit on this deal and it worked for me. If you don't even try and just want to rain on my parade, then by the time you wished you would've jumped on this, it will be too late.

I really don't know what else I can do to convince you. This isn't gamefags; I thought we as a community try to be responsible and not cry wolf. But on the same note, don't piss on a good thing if you haven't even given it a try.

/rant[/QUOTE]
I haven't seen anybody lambasting, ridiculing, or otherwise attacking you. Same goes for calling you a liar.

I'm also not sure where you're getting this "cry wolf" bullshit from; unless somebody has called Target and informed them of the pricing mistake - which probably isn't necessary, since I'd imagine that they're getting plenty of calls from people who are trying to take advantage of this - then that's not relevant, or even correct.

All I said was that, if CAG has taught me anything, the deal isn't a surefire thing until you've got the game in your hands. The more people order this, the more likely it is that nobody's going to get it...and since this is spreading to other sites already and since we've got two weeks before Metroid ships (is it really that soon?), I just don't think they're going to honor it.

Call me an ignorant fool if you want, but history's not on your side right now.

I hate using GameFAQs as a source of information, but there might be some merit here...

Post in question
I just got talking to the lead GM (General Manager)

at www.target.com

and he explained to me, that Halo 3 is in fact $59.99. The Halo 3 is being advertised is an ERROR but They are not at fault. The information they are sending out is being rewritten somehow by accident by ISP's (Internet Service Providers) such as

Qwest
Comcast
MSN
AOL

and EVERYONE is getting different prices. Some people (mostly Qwest users) are getting it advertised for $29.99 and some people are getting it advertised for as low as $5.99.

They ARE NOT AT FAULT and it is an error happening throw streaming the information and the ISPs messing it up.

Legal acting (suing them) will not have any effect. So bottom line;

It's a mistake that is not their fault, get over it and looks like we are all still paying, the normal price.

Life sucks. :/

At first, this sounded like bullshit to me, but try going to the page through Anonymouse or another proxy. When I did, Halo 3 showed up for $60, while it's still showing at $30 for me if I go to the page without any proxy.

Again, no guarantee that this is actually the case, but even on a dynamic page, prices don't typically change if you access the site through a proxy, and this does support his story.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I haven't seen anybody lambasting, ridiculing, or otherwise attacking you. Same goes for calling you a liar.

I'm also not sure where you're getting this "cry wolf" bullshit from; unless somebody has called Target and informed them of the pricing mistake - which probably isn't necessary, since I'd imagine that they're getting plenty of calls from people who are trying to take advantage of this - then that's not relevant, or even correct.

All I said was that, if CAG has taught me anything, the deal isn't a surefire thing until you've got the game in your hands. The more people order this, the more likely it is that nobody's going to get it...and since this is spreading to other sites already and since we've got two weeks before Metroid ships (is it really that soon?), I just don't think they're going to honor it.

Call me an ignorant fool if you want, but history's not on your side right now.[/quote]

Fine, whatever. You are just proving my point. I really don't want to waste time arguing the case. It's really take it or leave it. There are other decent deals, take your buyer's choice and make your own educated decision.

Anyone else that wants these games and an amazing deal, go for it. You have nothing to lose and awesome deals to gain in true CAG style. if you need any help let me know.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I hate using GameFAQs as a source of information, but there might be some merit here...

Post in question

At first, this sounded like bullshit to me, but try going to the page through Anonymouse or another proxy. When I did, Halo 3 showed up for $60, while it's still showing at $30 for me if I go to the page without any proxy.

Again, no guarantee that this is actually the case, but even on a dynamic page, prices don't typically change if you access the site through a proxy, and this does support his story.[/quote]That's all well and good and understandable/expected, but someone at a managerial level made the decision to honor at least some of the requests to be billed at the error price point (i.e. golddbz and Doomed). So it's equally likely that someone will override that decision as it will remain unchanged.

Aw crap, I didn't know that there was a Target coupon. My order total for H3 is actually $35.28. Failed.

Just checked out the page and it seems like they corrected the issue...H3 lists as $59.99 now.

Common sense tells me that Target will honor it. Why would they have even bothered making an adjustment if they didn't?

golddbz2000, I thank you for at least letting us know about this. Who really cares if it will or won't work? Take a chance like some of us are. You're not going to be billed until it actually ships out. And if they do cancel, oh well? You're still not getting billed. Just print the page and take it elsewhere. That simple.

I will try this for myself.

Still displays $29.99 for me...

here's hoping it continues to show as such until they get back to me. i ordered, sent one email, received a response asking for more info, sent another email... and now i'm waiting for them to get back to me with (hopefully) a corrected invoice. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks alot golddbz for your little walkthrough info. Appreciate it.

Also, couldn't Target be sued for something like this? It seems awfully bait-and-switch-ish if they adjusted the price, but changed it back when the item was just about to come out.

Actually, most of you are just right...they aren't liable to honor anything since the actual item page did list a price of $59.99.

Hey guys thought I might add that I did this lil trick this morning and they corrected the price for me as well. Here is a screenshot of the correction and here is how I worded the email to customer service after purchasing the items at full price (note):
*Note took out personal info on the pic

"I just recently ordered a copy of Metroid Prime
corruptions and Halo 3 from you going of page that states that they
are each $29.99. I am a little confused as to why when I made the
purchase the items were marked a $59.99 and $49.99? I have a screen
shot of the page that shows them marked at $29.99? I've always had
good orders with Target online. Got a great HD TV last year! Just
confused on this order? Thank you..."

I actually did buy a TV from the last year, but it sounded nice hahaha...hope it helps guys.;)

target.jpg

And this is why I will continue to buy from Target, even when they don't have price errors (doesn't hurt that they're right next door to me ;)):

We know you count on more than just great products from Target.com,
and that guest service is just as important. It's disappointing to
find out that there were technical errors and that our team didn't
take care of them correctly when you told us about the problems. I'm
sorry for the inconvenience.

To compensate the error, I adjusted the price for "Metroid Prime 3:
Corruption for Nintendo Wii" in the order (xxx) to
match the lower price $29.99 you found on our website.

At the time of shipment, you will be charged $29.99 for this item.

Further, understanding your concern for the 10% offer coupon, I
checked your order and see that a promotion for amount $3.00 (ie 10%
on order cost of $32.21) has been applied to your order. So, no need
to concern in this regard.

Ouch, I see it is out of stock now. Congrats to all of you who jumped on this deal!

ananag112, incredible deal! congrats mate.

Your best argument to get them to adjust the price is the fact that the price mistake has been up for 4 days now and they havn't corrected it yet. It's not like a mistake in a print ad which would take too long to reprint with the corrected price, it takes 5 minutes to update the web page. Even if the problem is dependant on who your isp is they could at least take the ad down.

Guess what I goooot.

Dear Tsukento [Real name change],

To compensate the error, I adjusted the price for "Halo 3 for Xbox
360" in the order (Order #) to match the lower price
$29.99 you found on our website.

For your reference, here is the cost details:

Subtotal: $29.99
Shipping: $2.98
Promos : ($3.00)
Tax : $1.62
Total : $31.59
Thanks golddbz2000 for also pointing out the code.

I said earlier I have bad luck and I had a feeling they would give me a hard time when they've told EVERYONE else that they would adjust the price. Well I was 100% correct. I was real nice in the original email and just simply asked why the prices were different. Instead of them just adjusting like they are the rest of the entire freakin planet I get this email instead.

Dear Justin Mathis,

We're having some technical problems and this promotion isn't
working the way it should right now. There are two ways we can take
care of this for you.

-Wait a day or two until we've had a chance to fix the problem, or

-Go ahead place the order now. Then, e-mail us again with your order
number, and we'll go in and manually adjust the order to reflect the
promotion.

I'm sorry for the trouble. And thanks for your help and
understanding.
So obviously I can't place the order again because they're backordered. So I went ahead and sent an email to the link they provided with the order number I already had. It's just b.s. no one else has had any problems with this except me.

I get the one lazy customer support person that doesn't want to do their job.

I'm gonna go off if this email gets rejected.

Dear Justin Mathis,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. Our technical team is working on
taking care of it right now.

If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will,
at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before
shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

and that having a reliable website is just as important. It's
disappointing to hear about this error, and I'm sorry we let you
down.

Thanks for your patience while we fix this problem.

Best regards,

Santosh

THis is a crock of shit. Fixing everyone elses but mine? WTF? Is anyone else having this issue? I'm about to go off on target.

this is the email that i got:

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. Our technical team is working on
taking care of it right now.

and that having a reliable website is just as important. It's
disappointing to hear about this error, and I'm sorry we let you
down.

Thanks for your patience while we fix this problem.

Best regards,

Ajay

Eh, doesn't sound like they're gonna give me the price. maybe i should send another email?

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']THis is a crock of shit. Fixing everyone elses but mine? WTF? Is anyone else having this issue? I'm about to go off on target.[/QUOTE]
There's no guarantee that you'll be the only one who doesn't get it. You might just be one of the first because you ordered at the end. Usually, price corrections or order cancellations go in reverse, with the people who ordered first being the ones whose orders last the longest.

Really, though, I don't think they're going to change it for a few people and not the majority. Wait and see what happens, but I think that they've finally noticed the mistake and are in damage control right now.

After my 3rd email they finally adjusted it (total is for MP 3 and Halo 3)

Dear Justin Mathis,

360" and "Metroid Prime 3: Corruption for Nintendo Wii" in the order
(#602-4824694-9648653) to match the lower price $29.99 you found on
our website.

Subtotal: $59.98
Shipping: $3.97
Promos : ($6.00)
Tax : $4.76
Total : $62.71

I hope this solution is satisfactory.

It all seems to come down to which employee works your email and whether they want to help you or not. Keep emailing if rejected.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I hate using GameFAQs as a source of information, but there might be some merit here...

Post in question

[/QUOTE]

This doesn't make any sense. How and why would ISP's edit (on the fly no less) a Flash file so it makes a price look wrong?

great, problem fixed and they didnt correct my order. i sent a 2nd email with a screen cap though, hopefully i can still get it.

[quote name='Wario64']great, problem fixed and they didnt correct my order. i sent a 2nd email with a screen cap though, hopefully i can still get it.[/quote]

It still says $29.99 for both when you click the link on the first post of this thread.

Dear "Rig",

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused in this regard.

To compensate the error, I adjusted the prices for items "Halo 3 for
Xbox 360" & "Metroid Prime 3: Corruption for Nintendo Wii " in the
order (#------) to match the lower price $29.99 you
found on our website.

At the time of shipment, you will be charged $29.99 for each of the
item.

Subtotal: $59.98
Shipping: $ 3.97
Tax : $ 3.98
Total : $67.93

----------------

Thank you, OP! :cool:

EDIT: I had actually ordered two days ago, and used their phone number to call (it was cancelled). So, I ordered again last night, and received this email earlier today.

i ordered it like 3 days ago i think? sent the email out, and got this email back yesterday!

Dear -----------

360" in the order (------------) to match the lower price
$29.99 you found on our website.

Subtotal: $29.99
Shipping: $2.98
Promos : ($3.00)
Tax : $1.50
Total : $31.47

If you want to contact us for any further assistance or further
question, please visit our help page by using the following link:

http://www.target.com/help

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Best regards,

Ravishankar

Target.com Guest Service
http://www.target.com

SCORE! i hope it all works out! thanks a bunch to whoever shared this! god bless!

Pre-order prices online or in-store are subject to change once product is available. They can put a pre-order up for $1, and when its ready to ship they will send an email or tell you in store the full price is this...

BB did that for Guitar Hero and Rock Band before they know the actual amount. Actuall full price of game TBA.

In no way should you expect to get the games for $29.99. Preorder it all you want, but when the game is ready to ship you'll pay the going rate for those.

[quote name='LanceJr']Pre-order prices online or in-store are subject to change once product is available. They can put a pre-order up for $1, and when its ready to ship they will send an email or tell you in store the full price is this...

BB did that for Guitar Hero and Rock Band before they know the actual amount. Actuall full price of game TBA.

In no way should you expect to get the games for $29.99. Preorder it all you want, but when the game is ready to ship you'll pay the going rate for those.[/quote]What you're missing is that the orders were placed at $49.99. No error there. Until otherwise proven, the people who are getting preorders for $29.99 are doing so as a result of a CS decision to honor a misprinted advertisement (that they had many days to fix, and appears to just now have been corrected). It would take a subsequent CS decision at release to override this to cancel orders.

If they honored this, it's hardly far-fetched to believe these orders will end up processing.

wtf, i've emailed 3 times and they won't budge. i guess it's too late for me. anyone want to copy and paste what you guys wrote for the comments/questions? i'll try one more time but they aren't friggin giving me the lower price

bread's done
Back