Halo 3 Beta Invites For EVERYBODY! EDIT - THE PLOT THICKENS!

captmurphy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
It has been confirmed to IGN that every copy of Crackdown will have an invite to the Halo 3 beta. No need to stress now! Sorry if this has been mentioned in either the Crackdown or Halo 3 Beta threads... I thought it was significant enough to merit its own thread.

Linkage -

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/758/758236p1.html

Edit -

Uh oh, IGN! Looks like that mysterious Microsoft employee may have been full of sh*t. Thanks to Scorch for the new link!

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/25/ha...-of-crackdown/

Good to know, but I want to use the Best Buy gamepro 10.00 coupon, so I need to pick this up in the first shipment anyway.

[quote name='help1']Yay! I dont like preordering games, too time comsuming.[/quote]

I know man, putting $5 down on a game is so insanely difficult

I'd like to know if the Asian version will unlock the beta from the marketplace, but I'll have to wait until the release.

[quote name='Scorch']Correction: Every copy of the Halo 3 beta will include a free copy of Crackdown.[/quote]

While it is true that the Halo 3 beta will be the sole attraction of many, I would have purchased Crackdown had it not had any Halo-related goodness.

Maybe I shouldn't get Crackdown on the 20th after all, considering there should be a flood of copies on ebay once people download the beta with it I might get it a little cheaper.

[quote name='coolsteel']Maybe I shouldn't get Crackdown on the 20th after all, considering there should be a flood of copies on ebay once people download the beta with it I might get it a little cheaper.[/quote]

I hear that M$ is actually making it that the disc must be in the drive inorder to launch the beta. Everytime you play.

[quote name='coolsteel']Maybe I shouldn't get Crackdown on the 20th after all, considering there should be a flood of copies on ebay once people download the beta with it I might get it a little cheaper.[/quote]

I do believe that the actual Halo content is on the disc, so you will have to keep it. Don't quote me on that, though.

No i pretty sure you downlaod it off the market place but it can only be onlocked through the disc. Kinda like Xna. You could purchase it and unlock it...i think thats how it worked

[quote name='Scorch']I know man, putting $5 down on a game is so insanely difficult[/quote]

Unless you can charge it over the phone, why wouldn't it be? It's an extra trip

[quote name='Scorch']I know man, putting $5 down on a game is so insanely difficult[/quote]

I live 30 minutes from the closest game store... factoring gas and time, it is a significant effort.

As others have stated, not all of us are just a 2 minute walk from the nearest gamestore. I hardly see waht the point of preordering is unless its a GTA or Halo game or you get an extra.

[quote name='slickkill77']So is this 100% true. If so i am waiting until the price drops/ demo is inbound[/quote]
Did you read the link? IGN is pretty respectable... I would say it was pretty much 100%

[quote name='slickkill77']So is this 100% true. If so i am waiting until the price drops/ demo is inbound[/QUOTE]

Yes, IGN confirmed it, hell there's even a link in this topic that you can click and see for yourself.

Still glad I got my copy on preorder.

Great news, although I'd like Bungie themselves to confirm it.

Seems weird the print ads would say "Specially marked cases" and "For a limited time only."

I wasn't being sarcastic. I really can't fully trust someone refered to as "Microsoft representative". Unless it's Major Nelson, Peter Moore, or Frankie from Bungie, I have to have my doubts.

If IGN reports it and then it turns out to be false they will retarct it, or get lynched.

On Halo3.com:

"Crackdown
When Crackdown hits store shelves (Feb 20 - North America, Feb 22 - Asian territories, Feb 24 - European markets), and you still haven't secured a place in the Halo 3 multiplayer public beta you can still get in via specially marked boxes of Crackdown. These boxes of Crackdown include an invite to participate in the coveted Halo 3 multiplayer beta program when it becomes available. When the Halo 3 multiplayer beta surfaces in spring 2007, those owners of Crackdown that have access to an Xbox 360 Pro console or an Xbox 360 Core console with hard drive and a valid Xbox Live Gold subscription simply need to load their copy of Crackdown into Xbox 360 and use the disc as a key to download the beta from Xbox Live Marketplace and join the battle in Halo 3 multiplayer."

Says marked boxes and Crackdown owners. Nothing about limited. I'm skeptical but I'll keep my EB preorder for now.

[quote name='help1']As others have stated, not all of us are just a 2 minute walk from the nearest gamestore. I hardly see waht the point of preordering is unless its a GTA or Halo game or you get an extra.[/QUOTE]

It also sucks when you are only 13 years old. Yea i'm talking about you Mr. Foolkilla.

okay.....thread title says everybody can get in on the Halo 3 beta. but you still have to buy the crappy gta clone to get in on it.

[quote name='Apossum']okay.....thread title says everybody can get in on the Halo 3 beta. but you still have to buy the crappy gta clone to get in on it.[/quote]

not all gta clones are crappy! saints row was surprisingly good. gta4 has a lot to live up to now!

admittedly, the crackdown demo wasn't all that great.

fucking christ.. Crackdown is going to sell so many copies if this is true.. regardless of how good it is. Talk about Microsoft and its marketing tactics..damn. This reminds me of Zone of the Enders and the MGS2 demo.. where nobody played ZoE (which was a good game, with the sequel being incredible).. tossed the disc aside.. and put in the MGS2 demo.

[quote name='stainremover']not all gta clones are crappy! saints row was surprisingly good. gta4 has a lot to live up to now!

admittedly, the crackdown demo wasn't all that great.[/QUOTE]

after the first 2 GTA games, I got very sick of sandbox games that revolve around gang warfare. I'm sure the gameplay has improved but the theme just bores the hell out of me.

of course, this game will sell trillions and there will be a sequel etc. etc.

[quote name='Scorch']OBJECTION!

*slams link down*

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/25/halo-3-beta-invite-guaranteed-in-every-copy-of-crackdown/

l
Update:
Microsoft sent along word that "every copy in the initial shipment" of Crackdown will have the download code for Halo 3 Beta. Each box will be specially marked. Microsoft did not specify how large the initial shipment would be. Don't cancel those pre-orders just yet...
[/quote]Good, because I just preordered mine.

[quote name='DemonAlcohol']The demo for crackdown is horrible though. I can't believe you guys are willing to pay $60 to play a beta.[/quote]

Hmm... I thought it was great fun. Did you play long enough to level up and gain abilities?

For the record, I WOULD pay $60 for the beta alone though.... I am a Halo whore.:bomb::bouncy::D

[quote name='DemonAlcohol']The demo for crackdown is horrible though. I can't believe you guys are willing to pay $60 to play a beta.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played a GTA since GTA III, so I am not exhausted on the genre. Additionally, I never judge a game by the demo alone... there was once a game demo I played long ago on the Dreamcast, and I HATED it. However, it was one of the first online titles for the system and I wanted to try it. Six months and 540+ hours later, Chu Chu Rocket was (and still is) one of my favorite games of all time. You never know...

[quote name='Scorch']Correction: Every copy of the Halo 3 beta will include a free copy of Crackdown.[/QUOTE]

This brings back nightmares of the Episode 1 preview with Wing Commander. At the time, staying past the previews seemed like the biggest mistake. In fact, that was only the beginning of the horror to come.

:puke:

[quote name='captmurphy']Hmm... I thought it was great fun. Did you play long enough to level up and gain abilities?

For the record, I WOULD pay $60 for the beta alone though.... I am a Halo whore.:bomb::bouncy::D[/quote]

I've played the demo countless times and love it. I'm probably heading up to put in a preorder in a little while, before work. The beta is just an extra bonus to me.

You can read about it http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156718

but the main point is:
"All copies of 'Crackdown' in the initial launch shipment will grant gamers access to the beta. Gamers should check the box to ensure it includes a Halo 3 Beta sticker/swipe. Gamers should rest assured that if they pre-order or buy 'Crackdown' when it launches in February, they will get access to the 'Halo 3' beta program."

So it seems that you still will have to buy the first ones and my initial statement still stands that these will be selling on ebay lol.

I wonder if the code is on the disc or packed in the case? If packed in, it may be worth selling, as suggested above.

The code is on the disc. You have to have the disc in your 360 and download the beta from the marketplace.

One can hope, but I wonder if each disc is only good for one download? I'm betting I couldn't get my friend's copy and d/l the demo after he already had.

[quote name='specialk']One can hope, but I wonder if each disc is only good for one download? I'm betting I couldn't get my friend's copy and d/l the demo after he already had.[/quote]You won't be able to do that, it will be good for one time only (at least that is the only thing that would make sense to me).

bread's done
Back