Halo 3 Beta Invites For EVERYBODY! EDIT - THE PLOT THICKENS!

I'd think codes would be locked to the Live account, once activated.

As far as rentals, I'd assume first to rent gets the beta, unless either a) Rental versions don't have the Beta, or B) You can't claim the Beta until it officially goes online.

Yea Crackdown is going to be number one on everyone's Gamefly's que list and the rentals prob will not have the code for the beta. I wonder how many people will buy Crackdown and play like the first couple of hours and never get back to it because they're playin the beta.

btw, does anyone know anything about the beta? is it going to be one level? two? are some people gonna pay 60 bucks for one level of MP halo?

I haven't heard anything official but I would presume they would give us 3 maps and a certain number of game modes (Slayer, Team Slayer, CTF..maybe more?). Don't expect the full game, but, also, I wouldn't expect just one level/gametype either.

[quote name='specialk']are some people gonna pay 60 bucks for one level of MP halo?[/quote]
who would do such a thing? ..... besides me?

[quote name='specialk']btw, does anyone know anything about the beta? is it going to be one level? two? are some people gonna pay 60 bucks for one level of MP halo?[/quote]

Believe it or not, some people are actually buying it for the game that comes with the beta. :D

You know what this means?

Dirt cheap deals on Crackdown in a couple months (or used games sections overflowing with Crackdown).

B2G1 and EDGE FTW.

What I am wondering if Crackdown will sell more than Gears in the first week it is released. Crackdown + Beta Halo 3 vs. Gears of War???? Hmm.......

[quote name='xtchuh']What I am wondering if Crackdown will sell more than Gears in the first week it is released. Crackdown + Beta Halo 3 vs. Gears of War???? Hmm.......[/quote]It's probably not too much of a stretch to think that.

[quote name='sp00ge']Believe it or not, some people are actually buying it for the game that comes with the beta. :D[/QUOTE]

and a quick read through this thread will prove that more are interested in the beta. go no further than checking the thread title.

A. who gives a fuck about halo 3 beta, do yourself a favor and go pick up a nice PC and get HL1 and HL2 (half life) and the plethora of other FPS.

B. Crackdown is actually alot of fun, so if you're that stupid and pathetic to have to spend $60 bones on a game to play Halo 3 at least it's a good game. I mean it could have been bomberman zero.

C. The episode of south park that makes fun of wow is on and i've never seen it and its fucking hilarious.

[quote name='Maynard']A. who gives a fuck about halo 3 beta, do yourself a favor and go pick up a nice PC and get HL1 and HL2 (half life) and the plethora of other FPS.[/quote]

Been there, done that and am still doing it. Halo 3 is still on my list of priorities.

[quote name='Maynard']A. who gives a fuck about halo 3 beta, do yourself a favor and go pick up a nice PC and get HL1 and HL2 (half life) and the plethora of other FPS.

B. Crackdown is actually alot of fun, so if you're that stupid and pathetic to have to spend $60 bones on a game to play Halo 3 at least it's a good game. I mean it could have been bomberman zero.

C. The episode of south park that makes fun of wow is on and i've never seen it and its fucking hilarious.[/quote]

A: Me and many others, didnt like halo2 all that much, and I argee PC FPS controll much better, but I PLAYED HL1 HL2 CS CSS to death. and its a free beta that looks like a lot of fun I want to see what the next gen halo is like

B: crackdown was ok but i would never buy a game just to play a beta.
lol just like CSS everyone went out and got CZ just to play the beta dumb in my opinon

C:yeah funny as hell

To anyone who is saying fuck buying Crackdown just for the beta, we'll see how strong your resolve is once you read threads and posts about how awesome the game is. For now I'm going to hold off on spending $60 for a "demo," but I don't know how strong I will be when I see all these CAGs posting impressions of the beta.

I was going to pick up Crackdown anyway, and this beta is just the icing on the cake. I really enjoyed the demo, and although I was skeptical because of the few problems it had, this beta should make it a worthwhile purchase.

Plus, I'm a huge Halo fan. I played the first two games to death (and still do, from time to time), and I can't lie that I'm excited for the beta more than I am for Crackdown.

[quote name='Maynard']A. who gives a fuck about halo 3 beta, do yourself a favor and go pick up a nice PC and get HL1 and HL2 (half life) and the plethora of other FPS.

C. The episode of south park that makes fun of wow is on and i've never seen it and its fucking hilarious.[/quote]

HL2 is the most overrated game in history.

i dont understand when people make comments like that. Why? It was popular for a reason. It was the best multiplayer structure ever and the gameplay is fun. Stop trying to act cool and say it was overrrate

[quote name='slickkill77']i dont understand when people make comments like that. Why? It was popular for a reason. It was the best multiplayer structure ever and the gameplay is fun. Stop trying to act cool and say it was overrrate[/quote]

Something fun and popular can still be overrated.

[quote name='slickkill77']i dont understand when people make comments like that. Why? It was popular for a reason. It was the best multiplayer structure ever and the gameplay is fun. Stop trying to act cool and say it was overrrate[/quote]

If you are talking about my comments, I found HL 2 to be a great game, but not nearly amazing as every1 thinks it is. Halo wise, I agree, the game HAS flaws, but so does every otehr game on the market. The multipalyer integration is what made it great.

Yea but that depends whose saying it and why. Overrated by its nature means exactly that an Over rating. Saying halo 2 was overrated could be justified if you were saying it didnt deserve tens but it was still a great game and one of the top games of all time. Yea it had its glitches but when the game is the most played xbx game for what three years people are going to find stuff in it

slick, he's talking about Half-Life 2, not Halo 2. FWIW, Half-Life 2 wasn't my cup of tea either, but Halo 2 is one of my favorite FPS of all time.

Still debating..

It's a tough one - I have just enough for a wii.. But i'm thinking i'll make up the $60 by the time wii's hit shelves for good.

Might just have to suck it up.. :(

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Still debating..

It's a tough one - I have just enough for a wii.. But i'm thinking i'll make up the $60 by the time wii's hit shelves for good.

Might just have to suck it up.. :([/quote]

If you can, wait on the Wii, maybe for a free 19.99 value thing to be put in with the deal. There isn't too much you are missing out on, esp. if you are not a Zelda fan.

Exactly I own a wii and the only game I bought was zelda and I recently sold that when I beat it to put money down on a crackdown preorder. The only thing I play on my wii now is wii sports when friends or family come over. Nothing really comes out for the wii until march.

bread's done
Back