halo 3 beta with rented crakdown?

videogamejunkie

CAGiversary!
anyway that I could play the beta with a rented copy of crackdown? gameznflix shows a copy as being shipped in my queue. Got to love that new customer throttling.

[quote name='anomynous']no you need the disc in the 360 to download the beta, and the disc in the 360 to play the beta[/QUOTE]

Well, I will have the disc from renting it and I thought I would just keep it until I was done with the game and the beta. I have a huge pile of sham that would keep me busy. Would I need a code from the manual or anything that would not be included on the disc?

[quote name='videogamejunkie']Well, I will have the disc from renting it and I thought I would just keep it until I was done with the game and the beta. I have a huge pile of sham that would keep me busy. Would I need a code from the manual or anything that would not be included on the disc?[/QUOTE]
everything is on the disc itself, and the Halo 3 beta isn't starting until near the end of Spring

[quote name='Surferflames']Additionally, from reports of a few cags, rental stores have recieved non-beta copies.[/quote]

That is a good way to make money for Crackdown. Only let rental places get non-beta copies of Crackdown, so that those that are desperate to beta Halo 3, will buy a copy of the LE of Crackdown, instead of renting it. And then trade it back in to a game store once the beta has ended.

[quote name='Surferflames']Additionally, from reports of a few cags, rental stores have recieved non-beta copies.[/QUOTE]

how do you know if you have a non beta copy?

[quote name='videogamejunkie']how do you know if you have a non beta copy?[/QUOTE]
the hollywood video next to my gamecrazy has the beta version, we get Free rentals so I'm just going to keep it until the beta is over even if its not til "late spring". If you put the game in and check downloads and see halo 3 beta then you have the right one.

i'm pretty sure it's all the same crackdown for both retail and rental. it would be a pain in the ass for them to make special versions of crackdown for rental places.

Well, its not really hard for them since they have to make it without the beta on it for later releases...but yeah....probably they arent going to bother...

I rented Crackdown, and the option for the Halo 3 Beta is Gray in color. So yeah its on rental copies. I got my rental from Movie Gallery/Hollywood Video if anyone is curious.

I'm pretty sure every copy of Crackdown has the beta.

There have been conflicting reports about "specialy marked copies", but since the first announcement of the beta, it's been made fairly clear that every copy will contain the beta.

Now... if they go through a reprinting in that time... I suppose they may start burning copies without the beta. Not sure though.

So you might want to rent a copy of Crackdown sooner to when the beta launches, otherwise you'll be stuck with your copy of Crackdown for months.

[quote name='Surferflames']Additionally, from reports of a few cags, rental stores have recieved non-beta copies.[/QUOTE]
Really? Are you sure? What reports?

I know CAGs have been speculating that rental stores will recieve non-beta copies, but I had heard no reports about rental copies stating they didn't have the beta.... only stating that they did.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Really? Are you sure? What reports?

I know CAGs have been speculating that rental stores will recieve non-beta copies, but I had heard no reports about rental copies stating they didn't have the beta.... only stating that they did.[/quote]

Well there were a few posts in the official thread about it.

Also, one EB I went to told me they only had non-beta copies left for people who didn't pre-order, so either the two employees were idiots, messing with me(i didnt buy it there), or telling the truth.

[quote name='Surferflames']Well there were a few posts in the official thread about it.

Also, one EB I went to told me they only had non-beta copies left for people who didn't pre-order, so either the two employees were idiots, messing with me(i didnt buy it there), or telling the truth.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm.

Microsoft and Bungie had said both that "specially marked packages will contain the beta" and that "all copies of crackdown" will contain the beta. So I guess it could go either way. EB/Gamestop probably just didn't have any boxes left that were specially marked.

It's still to be seen whether once you take the disk from a non-specially-marked case, and stick it in your 360, if the beta option will be available.

I just rented crackdown from Blockbuster tonight. I don't think the display case said anything about Halo 3, but I didn't look at it closely. In any case, the Halo 3 beta option is on the disc.

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']I just rented crackdown from Blockbuster tonight. I don't think the display case said anything about Halo 3, but I didn't look at it closely. In any case, the Halo 3 beta option is on the disc.

MjC[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the cases won't say anything about a Halo 3 beta. All there really is is a little sticker that says "Includes Halo 3 Invitation" on the shrinkwrap.

bread's done
Back