Halo 3 Co-op will be offline :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a blow that will make it okay for me not to get it on launch day. Shipping without online co-op is almost unexcusable, especially for the Halo series.

Yeah that sucks a bit actually, definitely dropped the game a lot in my estimation.

The single-player better be much improved over Halo 2, I'm not in love with Halo multiplayer like some people are.

[quote name='Apossum']It's over. MS is finished.[/QUOTE]

I know. Plus, the game only runs at 45 FPS. MS is done.

[quote name='munch']I know. Plus, the game only runs at 45 FPS. MS is done.[/QUOTE]

shit, I hadn't heard that.

well, gg ms. I'm going to go take my 360 out back and put it out of its misery.

Ah well, I wasn't that excited for Halo 3 to begin with, compared to other releases this season, this just cements the fact that I won't rush out and buy it on day one.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']News like this would go great with a Halo 3 thread...If only we had one...oh wait we do:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139537[/quote]
Not to say "back off" or anything, but I'd say this is pretty big news and I wouldn't have seen it in another thread.

I know you've done a great job on that other thread and obviously have an interest in keeping it going, but this is one of those.

OH SHAQFU!! announcements. Er, whoops. I mean Oh fuck.

One of the joystiq comments I agree with wholeheartedly:
Halo 3 is a must buy, but without co-op it's kinda like must buy that I don't really feel happy about.

Yeah and I just preordered this Monday from Lion Games. Wonderful. This is why I don't preorder.

Damn. Hopefully they can figure it out for 3 and let it trickle down to the first two. Halo 1 online MP would still be awesome.

[quote name='radjago']They always have the option of adding it later through downloadable content.[/quote]

They could make a typical "please kill us with hate mail" microsoft-like PR blunder and release it for 800 MS points. :whistle2:#

[quote name='radjago']They always have the option of adding it later through downloadable content.[/QUOTE]

Bingo! $$$$$$. Shipping games without features and then adding in downloadable content for a price is such a good (but sleazy) way to make extra money.

So many pros and cons with DLC I can't decide whether or not I like it.

This is very dissapointing. I pretty much ONLY play thru the storymode of a shooter if its online coop so I can play with my friend.

Ive beaten both Gears and RS:Vegas in coop only, Ive never bothered to beat the single player mode of those games.

This just pushed H3 back from a preorder/day one pickup for me to a 'I'll pick it up when I feel like it'.

Maybe this means nothing to most, but its a big deal to me.

[quote name='velvet396']Not to say "back off" or anything, but I'd say this is pretty big news and I wouldn't have seen it in another thread.

I know you've done a great job on that other thread and obviously have an interest in keeping it going, but this is one of those.

OH SHAQFU!! announcements. Er, whoops. I mean Oh fuck.

One of the joystiq comments I agree with wholeheartedly:
Halo 3 is a must buy, but without co-op it's kinda like must buy that I don't really feel happy about.

Yeah and I just preordered this Monday from Lion Games. Wonderful. This is why I don't preorder.[/QUOTE]

thats why Linkin constantly updates thread titles to reflect big changes like this :/

[quote name='Weedy649']thats why Linkin constantly updates thread titles to reflect big changes like this :/[/quote]

well he should've done that before coming in here and throwing his "weight" around. :bouncy:

I can't help but feel that most of the complainers in here will probably still get the game on day one regardless of what type of multiplayer it has.

It makes sense. Halo ain't Gears of War, where both players are pretty much locked into the same area, so it's apples and oranges. It's too bad, but still, not unreasonable.

[quote name='radjago']They always have the option of adding it later through downloadable content.[/quote]

800 points sounds about right.

not that it matters, im probably one of the few 360 owners that wont be picking this game up.

This news further solidifies my decision to wait for a price drop.

Maybe this means nothing to most, but its a big deal to me.

I concur. I was really hoping to finally get a Halo game playable co-op over Live. I'm quite disappointed.

"We're not dumb. We know that people want it," Bungie's Frank O'Conner tells EGM.

chill out people, love is not over yet. If you read the article they're working on it.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I can't help but feel that most of the complainers in here will probably still get the game on day one regardless of what type of multiplayer it has.[/QUOTE]
That's probably how it's going to happen. They say they won't get it now, but when the date comes closer and the hype reaches insane levels, no one who cares about Halo will be able to resist.

[quote name='Zoglog']"We're not dumb. We know that people want it," Bungie's Frank O'Conner tells EGM.

chill out people, love is not over yet. If you read the article they're working on it.[/quote]

They're not dumb, they also know that eveyrone will still buy it without co-op online included. And that's all that matters, right?
I mean, how many people bought song packs for GHII? So song packs & pricing continues. Bottom line is what matters to companies.

[quote name='whoknows']That's probably how it's going to happen. They say they won't get it now, but when the date comes closer and the hype reaches insane levels, no one who cares about Halo will be able to resist.[/quote]

Well I've pre-ordered the damn thing, when will I learn, it's never safe to pre-order #-o .

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']
not that it matters, im probably one of the few 360 owners that wont be picking this game up.[/QUOTE]
me either

[quote name='benjamouth']Well I've pre-ordered the damn thing, when will I learn, it's never safe to pre-order #-o .[/QUOTE]

Why not refund it? or flip it to another game?

As for no online-coop, I think we will survive. It is not as if they have taken all Coop out of the game. Just bring your friends over, or make new friends in your area. In the end, we shall prevail.

Yeah, it's not the end of the world. It's just a nice feature as my one buddy who has a 360 lives 40 minutes away so it's hard to get together for a gaming night regularly.

Not interested in making new gaming friends as gaming's a pretty minor hobby for me these days. Seldom play more than 5 hours a week, and often not at all.

Very disappointing. At least they didn't wait for the game to come out before telling us though. Unlike last time.

I'll still be getting it day 1 and playing several hundred hours of mp, but I'll be majorly bummed if they can't figure this out. Bungie and it's party system is so far ahead of every other dev out there for on-line mp, that it's just mind rattling that they couldn't pull this off. Old Xbox SC:CT, Serious Sam 2, and Doom 3 - 360's had PDZ, Kameo, Gears, Crackdown, RS:Vegas (4 players), GRAW (16 players!) - all these guys incorporate co-op beautifully and fucking Bungie can't????

Oh, and if I'm a mile away - who gives a fuck? I can be several miles away and a thousand feet up in Crackdown and we just communicate and get back together. Or you use a forced warp system like off line co-op has in the Halo games. There - problem solved. Now finish this game the right way, Bungie. Go out with a bang that converts all the naysayers and gives all the fans the whole package. This may not be the biggest deal to a lot of players, but it would be a big ugly scar on Halo 3's pretty face if this is making headlines.

Co-op online, no split screen, no need for two TVs no need for two 360s. Hopefully we can get it as a free DL later or a patch.

The ONE feature that made Halo 1 a hit was co-op campaign.

Will I even be able to jump in to a campaign game with someone playing, offline? Or will I have to start the whole fucking thing up with my friend by my side the old fashioned way?

I love how fucking blogs all over the interwebs are stating that this is proof there will be no online co-op when the game ships or period forever... Gotta love fucking spin.

[quote name='seanr1221']Oh...

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

*cough*[/QUOTE]
That sucks, I loved the co op in Gears. A patch later down the road?
Harry Potter dies on page 573

JK :lol:
obscure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back