Halo 3 Heroic Map Pack Now Free

James in VA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Link to the story here:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3167064

From 1UP.com:

Bungie has been spreading the good word of the April Legendary map pack for Halo 3. But, those stingy money-conscious among you may still be waiting to pick up the Heroic Map Pack that's been out for a few months.
Tomorrow there will be no more reason to wait, as the company has revealed in the latest weekly update that as of 2 a.m. Pacific time tomorrow, the maps will be free for anyone to download. This is sure to give way to several hours of getting "pwned" by people who bought the map packs months ago, but it's hard to argue with a deal like free. The same update addresses the Legendary pack and its eventual price drop, saying: "We are not currently aware of any plans to release the Legendary Maps for free." Which doesn't mean that it won't happen of course, just that if it is in the cards it would be a stupid business move to talk about it before the new pack is even released. Patience will probably pay off again, with a few months of extra practice and bragging rights going to those who fork up the $10 to download the pack.

Nice, more maps in Team Slayer! However, I am more excited about the new map details set to come out tomorrow.

Sweet, knew this was coming with the announcement of the Legendary pack. Sooner than I expected too, so I can finally play me some Griffball.

[quote name='joshnorm']Thanks for the reminder. I will be playing Halo 3 again, at least for a short while.[/QUOTE]

I can play with my friends again for two weeks until they get the new map pack and leave me out of all their games.

well i'm buying the next map pack just because I stopped playing halo 3 when the heroic pack came out. It's bad enough I had to wait this long for them to be free.

Why spend the money. I would rather spend the cash on the COD4 map pack since that community is so much better IMO.

I never liked paying for new maps anyway. Espically since Halo 3 maps weren't that great in the first place.

cool, i haven't even played halo in 3 months, so this should get me into it for a lil bit again

thanks for making this topic...seriously, i never would have known that these were free if i didnt see this topic

I paid for this when it first came out and it wasn't worth it. Not worth having it early if not everyone can play.

Prob won't get the Legendary Pack now.

[quote name='spideymike']Thanks. I haven't downloaded this since I figured I'd just wait until it's free.[/quote]same

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']I bought this the day it came out and only played the maps twice. D'oh![/quote]

Same, i wish i had waited, i didnt make much use of them. Now watch, ill dl the COD4 maps and i will move on to another game just like with my switch from Halo 3 to COD4. Hopefully the Bad Company beta won't be THAT good :)

I bought them when they came out but it turned out to be an overall waste. Only releasing 3 maps at a time for $10 gives you a really limited experience and gets boring fast. The maps are cool but the variation is weak. They should have waited and sold 5-6 maps at a time for $10. I love Halo 3 but I'm not buying the Legendary pack this time because it's just going to be another 3 map playlist that'll get boring after a week.

I hope this isn't a limited time offer (like for a week only)..because my 360 Red RINGED a few days before they made this announcement:bomb:

I swear the instant I bought this mappack when it was released I lost COMPLETE interest in Halo. I stopped paying attention to weekly updates, I stopped playing single player, and I stopped playing online. I spent about 2 hours in the Foundry in Forge but that was it. I really wish I didn't buy them or knew *why* I stopped caring about the game the minute I dropped 10 bucks. I think they're jinxed.

man... looks like everyone has moved onto CoD4 and R6V2 already... well, i'll give the maps a look anyway... between rounds of CoD4...

Thanks OP!

[quote name='ITDEFX']I hope this isn't a limited time offer (like for a week only)..because my 360 Red RINGED a few days before they made this announcement:bomb:[/quote]

Probably wont be limited time, should be just like the map packs they released for Halo 2.

While I would never pay for these map packs I can understand why they do charge. Making maps is a ton of work if you care to do a good job. If I was a fan of the Halo games I'd rather buy maps by established community modders.

well it's not up to bungie to price them which I hate MS and MS points. 10$ doesn't get you a whole lot as far as DLC is concerned. I loved COD 4 but the fact that I'm just to good at it and playing noobs gets old since their matchmaking is lame. When they come back with new maps and a better matchmaking system I'll go back to COD 4. But I plan to go back to Halo 3 full forced. If not just for the saving replay's feature.

As far as rainbow six vegas 2 goes, It's a much better single player/co-op game then multi and always has been.

Well im not a big fan of Halo3 , i just prefer to play GearsofWar!!! But since i deployed bak in nov , ill be home in about a week for some good R&R . . . . hellz yea!!!! So ill more than likely get the free map-pack just to play some good ol Halo3 , i always enjoy some cold beer with a good online game:D!!!!

I'm going to get a Grifball lan party going this weekend. :)

It looks like a fun game, but none of my friends or myself ever bought the maps so we've never played. I suppose I'll buy the new new maps, but only because I can pretend I'm getting 6 maps and only paying $10.

Its cool that they become free overtime but how long are they going to do this where as soon as they become free the release even more maps??

[quote name='tex1ntux']I'm going to get a Grifball lan party going this weekend. :)

It looks like a fun game, but none of my friends or myself ever bought the maps so we've never played. I suppose I'll buy the new new maps, but only because I can pretend I'm getting 6 maps and only paying $10.[/quote]

which is exactly what im doing/how i feel too

[quote name='spideymike']Yeah, I checked too this morning and it was still 800 MS points.[/quote]

Just checked 2 seconds ago, still 800 points. Microsoft must have different clocks than the rest of the world.

Major Nelson usually makes a post about updates around noon... so don't expect the price to change until the middle of the day. Microsoft has to hope that somebody hasn't heard the news and is going to throw some points down on the maps, amirite?

[quote name='uglyteradon']Major Nelson usually makes a post about updates around noon... so don't expect the price to change until the middle of the day. Microsoft has to hope that somebody hasn't heard the news and is going to throw some points down on the maps, amirite?[/quote]

Not really, no.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Free ONLY today or forever?[/quote]

from now on I would guess

they are going to add the maps to the btb map rotation

I just got it. Thanks for the exact date/time OP. Now just a few months until the next one is free... or so we can hope.

bread's done
Back