Halo 3 Legendary Edition - $30 - Best Buy YMMV

DanteMayCry

CAGiversary!
Found a stack of Halo 3 Legendary Edition's at one of my local BB's today. They were reduced to 30 bucks each. At that price, I had to snag one. Since this is YMMV, I don't know if it is worth its own thread, but it may be wise to check out your local BB if you're close to one.

Mine is in West Des Moines, IA, at the one by Jordan Creek Towncenter. There were about 6-8 left. The manager even came up and talked to me about what a steal it was, but she had to get rid of them as they hadn't been selling otherwise. I guess their sales have increased x10 on it since she dropped the price. :D

My BB had 2 of them at the front of the store on the clearance table for $40 last week. I picked on up.. haven't been back to see if the other one is still there.

I'm still hoping this will fall to $19.99. That would absolutely be my sweet spot for this thing. If I managed to find it in person for $30 I'd probably pick it up, though. It's still $49.99 at my BB.

Thanks alot OP, however I did manage to pick up four(count em) 4 sets of these for 25 bucks a pop at my local BB

so the moral of this story: BB managers have it at their discretion to let go of these bad boys at any price they see lucrative! *insert haggle joke here* :) so head on out and convince some managers that these things are movin' anywhere anytime soon! Good luck CAG'ers!

My stores stuck at $80 also. Bummer :(

Checked a second store had it for $59.99 lowest price in the the district according to bestbuy. 3 left if anyones interested. Cleveland Ohio area

Last edited by a moderator:
My BB had 'em for $10. No joke. My friend and I both picked up a copy. They have a clearance table where everything on it is 75% off. It rang up for $39.99-75%.

[quote name='ThaWhat']My BB had 'em for $10. No joke. My friend and I both picked up a copy. They have a clearance table where everything on it is 75% off. It rang up for $39.99-75%.[/quote]

VERY VERY NICE. Im even jealous despite the deal i got! I offered the guy 40 for 2 of the sets but he declined. I ended up buying all four of them as the month went on... Id say this was May or June in Waco TX.

[quote name='ThaWhat']My BB had 'em for $10. No joke. My friend and I both picked up a copy. They have a clearance table where everything on it is 75% off. It rang up for $39.99-75%.[/quote]

I would've bought all they had myself... sold the games, kept the bonus content/helmets. I'd be making custom helmets for people I know heh.

[quote name='sonicm88']u guys are so lucky. my BB is selling them for $80 still :([/QUOTE]

Ditto......at $40 I would evne buy it and I don't own a 360

[quote name='gotrice415510']my bb doesnt even have em anymore[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I haven't seen any of these at my local BB for months.

I havent seen them at my BB either, then again, I havent been looking for them either. I might need to take a look next time, maybe in the cage with the systems or something.

A few Best Buys I frequent always have at least two on hand, but for some reason the boxes always look like they went through a shredder.

Did the Halo 3 discs in Legendary Edition have the scratching problems or am I thinking of the other collector's version?

[quote name='GunstarRed']A few Best Buys I frequent always have at least two on hand, but for some reason the boxes always look like they went through a shredder.

Did the Halo 3 discs in Legendary Edition have the scratching problems or am I thinking of the other collector's version?[/quote]

Yeah, that was the Collector's Edition.

[quote name='GunstarRed']A few Best Buys I frequent always have at least two on hand, but for some reason the boxes always look like they went through a shredder.

Did the Halo 3 discs in Legendary Edition have the scratching problems or am I thinking of the other collector's version?[/quote]

hahaha i lol'ed hard at this... its so true. 90% of these sets everywhere (especially BB) seem to be like this! Makes you wonder...

[quote name='DanteMayCry']Found a stack of Halo 3 Legendary Edition's at one of my local BB's today. They were reduced to 30 bucks each. At that price, I had to snag one. Since this is YMMV, I don't know if it is worth its own thread, but it may be wise to check out your local BB if you're close to one.

Mine is in West Des Moines, IA, at the one by Jordan Creek Towncenter. There were about 6-8 left. The manager even came up and talked to me about what a steal it was, but she had to get rid of them as they hadn't been selling otherwise. I guess their sales have increased x10 on it since she dropped the price. :D[/QUOTE]

now i feel like a complete moron spending $130

[quote name='Mr.Bojangles']I wouldn't. 99% of these clearance Leg. Editions are all beat up.[/quote]

I guess you're one of the ones who bought them at $130 too.:lol:

I got mine off of Amazon for $50 or $60 back in February or January. Perfect condition. Definitely worth that price alone for the helmet if you ask me.

[quote name='probablysober']The Best Buy in Rockville, MD has them for 49.99. But... that BB tends to never have any good deals.[/quote]

I was just about to go there and check it out. Thanks for saving me the trip!

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']VERY VERY NICE. Im even jealous despite the deal i got! I offered the guy 40 for 2 of the sets but he declined. I ended up buying all four of them as the month went on... Id say this was May or June in Waco TX.[/QUOTE]

So youre the fucker that bought them up? I was stalking those for the right price and when it was time they were gone.

I bought 2 the night it came out (along with 2 CEs, one I opened, the other I sold to a friend)... and quickly returned them after realizing they were extremely over produced. Bought another when Wal-mart.com dropped the price to $60 (price matched at Circuit City), and it has been sitting in my closet every since. I would check my local BB for this, but then I think to myself... why?

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']I was just about to go there and check it out. Thanks for saving me the trip![/QUOTE]

I don't own a 360 so I didn'y pay any close attention to what they had for it. I can tell you this though, the 360 box was full, they had at least four of the halo 3 boxes, and maybe a few dozen copies of the collectors edition of Assassins Creed.

Next to nothing left for the ps3 except a few copies of the Golden Compass and maybe a handful of sports titles.

They seemed to be putting in more items though. I've been by there twice since this started so possibly more items are going on clearance.

the BB in rockville pike, MD had the limited editon for $20 dollars I had to exchanged it 3 times but the 3 times the discs were scratched so I got a refund...

I just got back from the Rockville Pike, MD store and they didn't have the Legendary Edition anymore.

Asked around, and they said they sold out. Did anyone check the one on Wisconsin?

[quote name='SlaughterX']I bought 2 the night it came out (along with 2 CEs, one I opened, the other I sold to a friend)... and quickly returned them after realizing they were extremely over produced. Bought another when Wal-mart.com dropped the price to $60 (price matched at Circuit City), and it has been sitting in my closet every since. I would check my local BB for this, but then I think to myself... why?[/quote]

it sounds like you dont even like collector items if its just been sitting in ure closet and not on display.... so why did u even buy it?

How reliable is the price for the Legendary Edition if they give me the price over the phone?

I called a BB, and they said they had it in stock but the price was $79.99. Could they have just been wrong or maybe the clearance price doesn't show up on a sales associate's computer?

They had to override the price on mine, so I doubt it is reliable. Doesn't mean it is wrong though. Tough call man. :(

bread's done
Back