Halo 3 Legendary Edition Amazon $129 shipped

[quote name='kevzik']anyone think this could be the next WOW collector's edition?[/quote]

I would rather be stuck with this then the WOW collectors edition. I could use that instead of what I own now.

[quote name='neudog']June?[/quote]
Interesting, but its got to be a mistake...

halo3amazon.jpg

[quote name='CheapyD']

halo3amazon.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:rofl: It would be nice if Bungie could deliver on that date, but November seems to be their MO.

129 dollars for a disc and a couple of McDonalds happy meal toys

Sorry, i just can't convince myself to even think about buying this "Legendary Edition". With such romantic terms attached to a title you'd think for an extra 70 dollars they'd at least give you a Limited edition romance novel with fabio painted green on the cover to look like master chief.

Fabio%20cover.jpg

play it first, see if the game is even worth the cash before dropping your hard earned cag cash.

[quote name='neudog']:rofl: It would be nice if Bungie could deliver on that date, but November seems to be their MO.[/quote]

I thought September was announced...gotta find a source...BRB.

Edit: OK this says Fall, but with Project Gotham Racing and Blue Dragon also set to release, IMO I would say best bet would be September.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/news.html?sid=6167523&mode=all

And there is this, but it's IGN so have a grain of salt too:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/772/772950p1.html

[quote name='Kendal']Anything to save money and not give it to the state of Michigan is good enough for me. Even if it is only $9.[/QUOTE]
What with our $4 billion dollar deficit. Definitely don't need the money.

[quote name='youbastards']I thought this version was only supposed to be $99???[/quote]

They raised it...Reason being...Wait for it, wait for it, GO

Increased demand. :roll:

Piece of shit it is especially at $129.99....Thats a DS! I cant justify myself to pay that for 2 dvds and a plastic helmet and a game...Ridiculous, but who am I to say that the way I blow my money is any better?

My brother in law said he was still getting it, I gave him a $129.99 bitch slap.

[quote name='spinksjinx']They raised it...Reason being...Wait for it, wait for it, GO

Increased demand. :roll:
[/QUOTE]
That makes no sense, if "increased demand" were the cause, the regular edition of Halo 3 would be selling for $99.

Also, increased demand would mean that more Legendary units would sell at $99 potentially meaning that people who were spending $70 on the Collector's edition could more easily justify the additional $30 for the Legendary.

Now, those people spending $70 on the collector's edition would need to somehow convince themselves to spend an extra $60 for the Legendary...wouldn't you want to ENCOURAGE your consumers to spend an additonal $30 instead of DISCOURAGING them from spending an additional $60???

Sure, there are going to be the people who buy it regardless of price who are hardcore fans and/or collectors, myself included, but if there is truly "increased demand", don't punish or exclude consumers by raising the price, manufacture more items to reduce the cost and sell more inventory.

Although this could just indicate that MS/Bungie learned their lesson from the discounted Halo 2 CE glut that occurred, maybe these things are going to be really really really really really rare and won't be collecting dust on the shelves a year after launch...

WTF. Why is it $129.99 now. If I have it reserved at Gamestop for the $99.99, do I still pay $99.99 or do I pay this additional fee as well now? Any help would be much appreciated, this has me worried and calling bullshit on this legendary bundle.

[quote name='Moose_Man']WTF. Why is it $129.99 now. If I have it reserved at Gamestop for the $99.99, do I still pay $99.99 or do I pay this additional fee as well now? Any help would be much appreciated, this has me worried and calling bullshit on this legendary bundle.[/QUOTE]

It's YMMV depending upon retailer and their pre-order policy--I've got three seperate pre-orders locked in (including this Amazon one), and will go with whichever gets me the lowest price.

The Amazon mover and shaker lists this up 1,325,200% in the last 24 hours. I have never seen a number that high. Does that mean 13250 copies sold???????
I am not sure of the math to get that number?

[quote name='PyroGamer']What with our $4 billion dollar deficit. Definitely don't need the money.[/quote]

Not my fault the govenor is a Canadian whore.

[quote name='bo0']129 dollars for a disc and a couple of McDonalds happy meal toys

Sorry, i just can't convince myself to even think about buying this "Legendary Edition". With such romantic terms attached to a title you'd think for an extra 70 dollars they'd at least give you a Limited edition romance novel with fabio painted green on the cover to look like master chief.

Fabio%20cover.jpg

play it first, see if the game is even worth the cash before dropping your hard earned cag cash.[/quote]

agree with you 100%. that price is ridiculous.

and to be honest i wouldnt even pay $20 for the game. Yup.....thats right. I played Halo 2 and totally didnt care for it. I got pretty far in the game too so i played enough to form an opinion (not like 5 min). Sorry folks but this is a rip off that they KNOW they can sucker ppl with

Man, $99 was a stretch. $130? For a plastic helmet? Reminds me of that $40 Zelda shield at Target. Why must the cool things cost so much?

[quote name='Pojo']Man, $99 was a stretch. $130? For a plastic helmet? Reminds me of that $40 Zelda shield at Target. Why must the cool things cost so much?[/quote]

Except in this case, the helmet is $70 more. :roll: I'm thinking that within a year, the helmet will be pretty cheap on ebay.

I was going to buy this for $99, but now that it is $129, i'm just going to get the Collector's Edition for $69. I would have paid $129 though if the helmet was actual size :cool:

A "deal" of $130 for a game on CAG makes baby Jesus cry.

The helmet is totally gay anyway. (NTTAWWT)

I kind of agree with the concerns of many here. A year ago I could have bought the Mario Kart DS Bundle PLUS another game for the price of just this special edition. I think game makers are getting a little out of hand with these "bonus" sets as it is. Soon I'll be asking when is the "Legendary...Plus 1!" bundle with the Xbox 360 shaped like Master Chief's codpiece coming out?

I really don't know how anyone is selling these right now. I called my distributor today to see if I can sell more, and if I did could I guarantee my customers delivery. They really have no information on the quanity that will be available. I can tell you this,you wont find this version on the shelves after day 1. Microsoft doesnt want these on the shelves on day one. Maybe people will order from a few places, then cancel after getting 1 copy. I see that as the only way one hits the shelves. I am gonna to guess that everyone over sells the game, and they won't be able to fill all their orders. I will post more information as it becomes available to me.

I'm waiting for the edition that comes with a covenant sniper rifle for $40,000. Already sold out on Amazon. HOT.

[quote name='bo0']129 dollars for a disc and a couple of McDonalds happy meal toys

Fabio%20cover.jpg

play it first, see if the game is even worth the cash before dropping your hard earned cag cash.[/quote]

HAPPY MEAL TOYS!!

that's an exact replica of the spartan helmet. it's 1000% guaranteed to turn your gerbil into an invincible warrior. think of the possibilites. buy 1000 and create an army for world domination!

a marine costs $200,000 to train. for $129 its a bargain

I preordered it, I hope they say exactly how many of these thigns are being made before release. I'm sure by the time the game actually comes out the preorders will be at ungodly high prices on ebay...

Yep. WOW Collector's edition take two...I bet a bunch are planning on reselling...I mean, I just can't see this selling out without the resellers in the picture.

[quote name='spooie_redux']I kind of agree with the concerns of many here. A year ago I could have bought the Mario Kart DS Bundle PLUS another game for the price of just this special edition. I think game makers are getting a little out of hand with these "bonus" sets as it is. Soon I'll be asking when is the "Legendary...Plus 1!" bundle with the Xbox 360 shaped like Master Chief's codpiece coming out?[/QUOTE]

I'm actually really glad us westerners are starting to get some bonus treatment. I've always been envious of all the Japanese limited edition box sets and things. Halo wouldn't have been my first choice, but whatever.

I mean, I can understand why you wouldn't be interested, but its not like there aren't TWO other versions you can buy. Its totally optional.

I say keep the useless goodies coming.

How the hell is this a deal???? Even with no tax and free shipping it's still regular price, Amazon always offers free shipping on orders over $25 as well as no tax, and the regular price is ripping you off to begin with.

[quote name='McKing']CC.com has this to say about pre-orders...

What if the price of the product changes before it becomes available?

Sometimes pre-order or backorder prices can change. Our low price guarantee policy will ensure that you are charged the lowest price for both pre-orders and backorders, even if the release-date price is higher than when you reserved the item.

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/cat/-13416/edOid/159448/rpem/ccd/lookLearn.do[/quote]

yeah!, i preordered from CC at $99.99
so anyone know how limited the lengendary edition is?

[quote name='diablofreak']double-u tee eff. is this like the most a game attempted to charge? $130??? holy crap that's 2-3 games in the PS1/XBOX/PS2 days[/QUOTE]

Ha, expensive, but not quite. Steel Battalion for the original xbox retailed at $200.00. Granted, with a controller that gigantic, it was actually not as overpriced as one would think (hell, look at the prices of the 360 racing wheel, and it doesn't have a game)

[quote name='Zmonkay']...(hell, look at the prices of the 360 racing wheel, and it doesn't have a game)[/quote]

Actually, the 360 racing wheel from Microsoft comes with PGR.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']Actually, the 360 racing wheel from Microsoft comes with PGR.[/QUOTE]

Ah, didn't know that. I stand corrected.

I just can't see spending $130 on a GAME, no matter what the title is, unless the disc is solid platinum, or it comes bundled with an authentic (functioning) gun from the game.

[quote name='liongames']I really don't know how anyone is selling these right now. I called my distributor today to see if I can sell more, and if I did could I guarantee my customers delivery. They really have no information on the quanity that will be available. I can tell you this,you wont find this version on the shelves after day 1. Microsoft doesnt want these on the shelves on day one. Maybe people will order from a few places, then cancel after getting 1 copy. I see that as the only way one hits the shelves. I am gonna to guess that everyone over sells the game, and they won't be able to fill all their orders. I will post more information as it becomes available to me.[/QUOTE]

I would think that Gamestop (with over 1000+ stores) and Amazon have a tad more buying power and are likely more privy to numbers than you are. Just a guess. Gamestop doesn't use a distributor or a middleman, they order direct from the companies. Not meant as disrespect, just fact.

I rather have the choice of more collector's editions vs none at all. I don't mind spending a little more for a game and extras, especially when the franchise comes around every 3 years?

I've never actually bought a 360 collector's edition for $10 more, but I did preorder this at $99. $130 is definitely pushing it though.

[quote name='Terabyte7']...or it comes bundled with an authentic (functioning) gun from the game.[/quote]

ROFL :cool:

bread's done
Back