Halo 3 Limited Edition - $39.99 on bestbuy.com

Some CircuitCity's have the legendary for $70.. YMMV I picked one up last night & they had 6 others.

[quote name='lucao']Impressive. but for some reason I just wont jump even though its a fantastic deal.[/quote]

Maybe because Halo sucks and the disc is already probably pre-scratched? lol jokes. Did they ever even fix that problem though? I hope they did but you never know... Mine was "fortunately" lightly scratched when I picked up my copy back when it released. Too bad this wasn't the Legendary Edition, otherwise I would bite just for the Helmet lol.

Good deal, I'd probably be in if I didn't order one for 20$ used from the secondspin deal. Is the Limited version the one that had a problem with scratched discs in the tin case?

Yep. The tin can is the scratcher. Is Microsoft still replacing them? I got a free month of Live with my replacement discs.

[quote name='imacgod']Yep. The tin can is the scratcher. Is Microsoft still replacing them? I got a free month of Live with my replacement discs.[/QUOTE]
No free replacements. IIRC, they ended in January.

:lol: I was able to get the legendary version 2 days ago in store for $30, the manager was fed up having the thing on stock for over a year now, and chopped the price down to get rid of it.

[quote name='Drkirby']:lol: I was able to get the legendary version 2 days ago in store for $30, the manager was fed up having the thing on stock for over a year now, and chopped the price down to get rid of it.[/quote]

Where was this?

I found five of these (brand new) at my local bestbuy a week or 2 ago. Picked up one for $20 :D opened it on the way to another store, and looked at the disc, it was scratched badly D: so i took it back, the lady at the store let me open the other 4, i picked the one that looked best (just a few scratches) and it works fine. :)
It's too bad they don't have any more free replacements, i'd send mine back if they did.

I can also vouch seeing the Legendary Edition for $70 @ CircuitCity. Don't forget to grab the Halo 3 strat guide on clearance there, too. My BestBuy is still asking $80 for the cat helmet.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Where was this?[/quote]
Local Bestbuy near the Boynton Beach mall, was marked at $69.99, was put over at the 40% off section, and was missing the outer box plus the inner box was beat up, so it was counted as an open box item, so they dropped it dowey to $29.99, though it was the one and only copy that had.

Also, I don't pay more the $.01 for guides. Not worth it with the existence of the internet and all.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Is the Legendary version worth $60? I mean i assume all you are paying for is the helmet?[/quote]

No there's two more disks (one that is exclusive to the Legendary and one that is also in the Limited) plus some special gamerpics/themes. I would say it's worth $60 (which is what I paid for it back in Dec. from walmart.com.)

bread's done
Back