Halo 3: ODST - Gen. Discussion & Info

I've been having a hard time finding people to play Firefight with, and I still need most of the achievements for 200k scores. If you're interested, please add my gamertag:

Bill Mcdougal

I still need to do 2 more Firefights (Chasm Ten and Security Zone) as well as Campaign on Legendary with Good Samaritan.

After that, I might start Halo 3 once again so I can get 1750g. I still have a while to get Lightswitch, though. And I kind of don't want to play alone to get that.

Went for Vidmaster: Endure last night with Prof. Mustard and two other guys. Was almost through the third round after an hour and a half before one of our guys decided to quit out. Man, I was pissed. It was a solid run, too. We could have done it.

Just a reminder, if you don't have two hours to kill, don't join up with a party going after the Endure achievement. It's not fair to the other three guys.

[quote name='KingBroly']I still need to do 2 more Firefights (Chasm Ten and Security Zone) as well as Campaign on Legendary with Good Samaritan.

After that, I might start Halo 3 once again so I can get 1750g. I still have a while to get Lightswitch, though. And I kind of don't want to play alone to get that.[/QUOTE]

Let me know when you are on h3. I need to go through on Expert and metacampaign.

[quote name='jaso']Went for Vidmaster: Endure last night with Prof. Mustard and two other guys. Was almost through the third round after an hour and a half before one of our guys decided to quit out. Man, I was pissed. It was a solid run, too. We could have done it.

[/QUOTE]

I was one of those guys(huff) and I would be up for another run later this week, feel free to add me or look me up later. I don't understand why the game has to end when one person leaves. It sucks.

I just picked this up; probably won't get to sit down with it before Thursday; but if anyone wants to add me for Firefight or Co-op Campaign, shoot me a PM.

Gamertag: ALMazinBlazin

You've got to be kidding.... Made it to the 4th Set, 3rd Round, 5th Wave on Heroic and we all got killed by one of the last enemies. 2 hours for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it was a harsh fail, but practice makes perfect.

Also, do gamertags have a 100 person limit? CAG FF is at 99 now, do i need to make a FF 2?

Forgot to save my campaign progress after playing for an hour or two yesterday. I've made sure to remember to save since I read others post about it not having autosave. First time I've screwed up a game save like this. Not too pissed since going back through it will still be fun. I'm loving this game so far.

so if i chose a mission from the campaign and saved will it just continue through the campaign from that spot?

[quote name='paz9x']so if i chose a mission from the campaign and saved will it just continue through the campaign from that spot?[/QUOTE]

depends on if you are having the game save issues that lots of us are having

Seems like it picked up after the mission. When I resumed the campaign it put me two levels back. I selected the right mission and after it put me back in the city. I thought I wa gonna have to start over for a minute.

[quote name='Foxtrot0245']Anyone want to try for Endure in like 30 mins to an hour?[/QUOTE]I'll be down for some Vidmaster achievements. Should be on in 5 minutes or so.

what i think is that these arent save problems just how the game works, if your save file still has you going to tayari plaza or something but on the campaign part it says you have already beat it load your save file and just open visr go to map and press up or down to go to oni alpha site or whatever else.

Is it just me, or is this game a LOT harder than Halo 3? Now I'm stuck on Kizingo Highway trying to defend this point with Dutch, and there are hundreds of enemies but no health packs. I can't get past it.

No it's "easier" granted my friend and I went back and finished Halo3 on Legendary or whatever the hardest setting was last night.

[quote name='Matt Young']Is it just me, or is this game a LOT harder than Halo 3? Now I'm stuck on Kizingo Highway trying to defend this point with Dutch, and there are hundreds of enemies but no health packs. I can't get past it.[/QUOTE]I had trouble with that the first time I played it but it was easier on subsequent play throughs. You have to change up your strategy and take out the Wraith as quickly as possible. A plasma pistol will stun it making for an easy boarding and melee death (or LT with a grenade). After the Wraith is gone, it is much easier. Good luck.

[quote name='Matt Young']Is it just me, or is this game a LOT harder than Halo 3? Now I'm stuck on Kizingo Highway trying to defend this point with Dutch, and there are hundreds of enemies but no health packs. I can't get past it.[/QUOTE]

I found ODST easier. For the part you are at... this is how I handled it.

I found going to the upper corner (where you entered the area) is the best place to hang out. You will have about 2 brutes coming from the stairs midway through and a few jackals (about 4-5) on your right that come towards the end. Once they were dead, I ran along the top and shot two rockets into the wraiths and everything ended.

odst is certainly easier than halo 3. if there are no health packs backtrack a bit or if you cant do it reload the level.

[quote name='Matt Young']I still had problems even after first taking out the wraith. I also have the least amount of health possible.[/QUOTE]
I believe there are health packs in front of the main entrance to the building, on the ground. And I thought there was one to the right, if you're standing in front of the building, looking towards the Wraith, in front of the turret (if those spawn in campaign - can't remember). I think it's with the sniper rifle?

For those in the preview program, the Halo Waypoint app (130MB file) is available to download. The big news is that this is the launch of avatar awards on the 360.

What awards you have are determined by having certain Halo achievements across the Halo landscape (3, Halo Wars, and ODST.) It also keeps track of how many awards you have in all the Halo games in their Waypoint career progression meter.

No other content in Waypoint is new, just some videos that ran on Inside XBox before. The official launch of Waypoint is Nov. 5, so I guess that's also the day the Facebook, etc. update hits everyone else.

[quote name='MSUHitman']For those in the preview program, the Halo Waypoint app (130MB file) is available to download. The big news is that this is the launch of avatar awards on the 360.

What awards you have are determined by having certain Halo achievements across the Halo landscape (3, Halo Wars, and ODST.) It also keeps track of how many awards you have in all the Halo games in their Waypoint career progression meter.

No other content in Waypoint is new, just some videos that ran on Inside XBox before. The official launch of Waypoint is Nov. 5, so I guess that's also the day the Facebook, etc. update hits everyone else.[/QUOTE]

I think they rolled out the avatar awards earlier this week in an update to 'splosion Man but the addition of them here is pretty cool.

I loaded it up and it unlocked 5 avatar awards for. ODST helmet, full ODST costume, OSDT shirt, ODST Hoodie, and a Monitor prop that flies around your avatar. The last one was a Recon Helmet for your avatar.

I have never looked at the avatar marketplace so I don't know this, but are these items for sale there? Would be cool if they were exclusive and only unlocked through gameplay as opposed to available to anyone with MS points to waste.

[quote name='chuckywang']Man that Scarab took my friend and I forever to beat on Legendary. We're almost done with the game now. Only have the last level left.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it was just me, but I didn't fight a scarab in this game...

[quote name='chuckywang']Man that Scarab took my friend and I forever to beat on Legendary. We're almost done with the game now. Only have the last level left.[/QUOTE]

After 20 minutes of dying, I just flew past the Scarab and opened the door. So much easier lol D:

Anyone up for some Firefight?

Edit: We should also set up a time/night for Deja Vu and Annual (original Halo 3).

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone still play this game? Lack of matchmaking really hurts when you have no one to play with. Then again I suck so that prob doesn't help. If anyone out there wants to try any of the challenges or even the campaign on multiplayer pm me and we can set something up. I'd say I'm a casual gamer and am not too concerned with getting all the achievements but no harm in trying!!

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Does anyone still play this game? Lack of matchmaking really hurts when you have no one to play with. [/QUOTE]

This. I can't really coordinate when I'm going to get a free second (or hour) to hop on the 360 and play something. At the same time, firefight is so chaotic that I'd be more than happy to hop into a random game and just shoot shit for an hour. This needs to get patched.

[quote name='soccerstud652']I'm down for firefight or to get the annual and deja vu achievements today. Just add me on xbl.[/QUOTE]
I'm not even sure what the annual/deja vu achievements are. lol
[quote name='Halo05']This. I can't really coordinate when I'm going to get a free second (or hour) to hop on the 360 and play something. At the same time, firefight is so chaotic that I'd be more than happy to hop into a random game and just shoot shit for an hour. This needs to get patched.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

In any case if anyone wants to play, I'll likely be online after 9:30ish EST tonight (Nov14).

I'll do some Firefight at 9:30 if you two above want a third partner. Four would be awesome too.

Edit - I added you both as friends. Kendro XL here. Since I only have one Internet connection, I'll mostly be on CAG until 9:30. Then I just need 30 seconds to get on XBL.

bread's done
Back