Halo 3: ODST - Gen. Discussion & Info

Anyone still play the co-op mode in ODST? My copy is coming in from Amazon in a few days and I have this feeling that I'll never get to experience it due it not having a matchmaking feature.

Guess I'll just have to stick to the Halo 3 multiplayer.

Yeah, I just got this a few days ago from Amazon. Trying to go through campaign on legendary, but I'm down for Co-op Firefight/Campaign if anyone wants to play sometime. Feel free to hit me up with an invite/request, usually available Sunday through Tuesday/Wednesday.

[quote name='GenDV138']Yeah, I just got this a few days ago from Amazon. Trying to go through campaign on legendary, but I'm down for Co-op Firefight/Campaign if anyone wants to play sometime. Feel free to hit me up with an invite/request, usually available Sunday through Tuesday/Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Guess I'll have to throw a Gamercard image into my signature.

[quote name='maximumzero']Anyone still play the co-op mode in ODST? My copy is coming in from Amazon in a few days and I have this feeling that I'll never get to experience it due it not having a matchmaking feature.

Guess I'll just have to stick to the Halo 3 multiplayer.[/QUOTE]
I'd be up for playing.
PM me or send me a msg on XBL and we'll set something up. My mic is messed up though but I can hear.

I'd like to go through the campaign mode on Legendary personally though. I already beat is solo on Hard or whatever it's called...

well i picked this up again from that amazon deal.
i still need endure. if any of you guys need it let me know.
its a 2 hour run i also need about half the 200k acheivements.

pm me here

[quote name='paz9x']well i picked this up again from that amazon deal.
i still need endure. if any of you guys need it let me know.
its a 2 hour run i also need about half the 200k acheivements.

pm me here[/QUOTE]

I need Endure and the Firefight achievements for Chasm Ten and Last Exit.

My copy of ODST showed up in the mail today.

I'm gonna play through the entire campaign before I try out Co-Op, so I'll be back when I finish.

[quote name='maximumzero']Just finished up the campaign. I think this is my favorite of the Halo series, barring Halo Wars as I haven't played that yet.[/QUOTE]
Halo Wars is great. It's great for Halo fans getting into RTS or RTS fans getting into Halo.

[quote name='menikmati']I need Endure and the Firefight achievements for Chasm Ten and Last Exit.[/QUOTE]

maybe we can get a group going for endure tonight?
maybe 9p mtn?

[quote name='paz9x']maybe we can get a group going for endure tonight?
maybe 9p mtn?[/QUOTE]

I've yet to play Firefight but I'm up for this.

[quote name='maximumzero']I've yet to play Firefight but I'm up for this.[/QUOTE]

please play some firefight on oni interior.
its a 2 hour run. just get familiar with it. maybe watch a youtube vid on firefight there or an endure vid so you know whats going on.

[quote name='chimpian']just got this from amazon.
should i play thru halo 3 first or just jump right into this?[/QUOTE]

ODST is first in the storyline, so you may as well play it first.

Nice to see ppl still play this game. For some odd reason CAG doesn't work for me at home. I'll try to check bak and see if it's possible to set sumthing up sooner then later.

I'm mostly playing MW2 lately, but I'd like to get some more time out of this. I need Deja Vu and Endure, but I'll play whatever. Just send me a message here or on XBL so I know who you are.

If I'm in a party in MW2, I probably won't come over, but you know, spam away.

So I picked this up last week, when GS had the b2g1 sale, and just wondering about the Reach beta...is it supposed to be like the Halo 3 beta in crackdown, where it's already in the game? Or is there a paper that has a download code for it when it finally comes out?

[quote name='eddie291']So I picked this up last week, when GS had the b2g1 sale, and just wondering about the Reach beta...is it supposed to be like the Halo 3 beta in crackdown, where it's already in the game? Or is there a paper that has a download code for it when it finally comes out?[/QUOTE]

pretty sure its like the crackdown deal. the campaign disk is required.

i see people are interested in doing 200k runs, and am wondering if there is an accepted/preferred strategy. i just got the game (thanks amazon!), but havent played it yet. i'd play firefight, but dont know what to do. i dont think i suck too much at FPS, but i might not know the best thing to do.

[quote name='wowimsocute']i see people are interested in doing 200k runs, and am wondering if there is an accepted/preferred strategy. i just got the game (thanks amazon!), but havent played it yet. i'd play firefight, but dont know what to do. i dont think i suck too much at FPS, but i might not know the best thing to do.[/QUOTE]
Well I wouldn't try it alone... I can barely even get 30k alone. lol

any of you serious abotu 200k runs and endure. message me.
also if any of you guys who i played with before are interested in doing some with me let me know.

So, just started playing this the other day. Learned the hard way why you should always "save and quit" instead of just powering down. In my haste to come up with some kind of fix, I started a new campaign from the mission I was on, to see if it would let me continue in the story. For some reason it won't, kicking me back to Mombosa Nights, giving me a bunch of objectives to "investigate what happened to ODST teammates" and such.

I've come to accept that I'm going to have to play through every Mission again to get a campaign complete achievement. However, since I completed most of the missions on Legendary already, is it possible to do a quick playthrough on Normal, and then re-do the ones I have left on Legendary to get the "Campaign Complete: Legendary" achievement? Or should I just continue from the save I currently have on Legendary, with only the Flying around the Subway mission finished? Or, even worse, should I just start a new save? Thanks

I'm pretty much looking to get the firefight achievements in the next few days since I rented this from gamefly and want to send it back asap. So add em if you also want to run through some firefight, I got no friends playing this game at all so add me, message me or whatever. i dont have a working mic so if that is a problem then sorry. But the only way for me to even play firefight is if some people play with me.

I guess I can play solo, but ehh

[quote name='maxim2boobles']I'm available for 200k firefights and endure[/QUOTE]

same here. we just need to get 2 more and coordinate.
it really seems like nobody is playing this anymore.

[quote name='paz9x']same here. we just need to get 2 more and coordinate.
it really seems like nobody is playing this anymore.[/QUOTE]
I'd be up for something. Can likely play whenever. I think I've already finished the 200k achievement but everything is alright by me.
I'll help out though if you need a 4th though. But just so ya know I'm not amazing so don't expect perfection. lol

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']I'd be up for something. Can likely play whenever. I think I've already finished the 200k achievement but everything is alright by me.
I'll help out though if you need a 4th though. But just so ya know I'm not amazing so don't expect perfection. lol[/QUOTE]

in my opinion you dont need to be close to perfect to get any of these achievements really.

im game for tonight after the fights are over. around 10pst i think.

send me a fr on live.

anyone just wanna play some firefight? No need for 200k runs or endure, just to play. Im gonna be online in about ten minutes, just friend request me and let me know.

[quote name='paz9x']in my opinion you dont need to be close to perfect to get any of these achievements really.

im game for tonight after the fights are over. around 10pst i think.

send me a fr on live.[/QUOTE]
I won't be up that late man. I'm on the east.
Have to do this another time.

I wouldn't mind going through the campaign on legendary though.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']I won't be up that late man. I'm on the east.
Have to do this another time.

I wouldn't mind going through the campaign on legendary though.[/QUOTE]

im not to keen on doing the campaign ive been through it twice.
send me an fr on live and well figure out another day.
i either play earlier in the day or later at night.

Hey IceBlueShoes, shoot me a friend request. I need to play through the campaign on Legendary as well. I can play tonight until about midnight.

[quote name='paz9x']im not to keen on doing the campaign ive been through it twice.
send me an fr on live and well figure out another day.
i either play earlier in the day or later at night.[/QUOTE]
ISn't their another achievement for firefight? I know their's more then 1... but can't remember what it is...
I've done the 200k one, but maybe their's a way to do more then 1? I'll still play though.
[quote name='Swift900']Hey IceBlueShoes, shoot me a friend request. I need to play through the campaign on Legendary as well. I can play tonight until about midnight.[/QUOTE]
Just saw your msg now. Raincheck dude?
[quote name='Cleaner7']I'd also like to get in on the 200K Firefights and Endure. Send me a Friend Request and I can be on almost anytime.[/QUOTE]
K sounds good.

Sorry to sound like a n00b but whats the vid master challenge i keep hearing about?

And feel free to add me. But my mic is messed up so it's why I can't talk. I can listen though...

theres a 200k achievement for each standard map.
theres several vidmaster achievements between odst and halo 3
getting them all unlocks the recon armor for halo 3 mp

theres the vidmaster deja vu achievement for odst where 4 players over live beat the last mission on legendary withotu the warthog or scorpion.
then theres the vidmaster endure where 4 players have to pass the 4th set of firefight on heroic while on live.

also if any of you message me in the next 15 minutes here ill play some firefight.

i need 200k on crater, windward, and rally point.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']ISn't their another achievement for firefight? I know their's more then 1... but can't remember what it is...
I've done the 200k one, but maybe their's a way to do more then 1? I'll still play though.

Just saw your msg now. Raincheck dude?

K sounds good.

Sorry to sound like a n00b but whats the vid master challenge i keep hearing about?

And feel free to add me. But my mic is messed up so it's why I can't talk. I can listen though...[/QUOTE]

well no idea why you guys messaged me on live instead of here.

im gonna be on playing for a bit so if anybody wants to join, fr me.

bread's done
Back