Halo 3 Trailer on Bungie.net

Henceforth I will only watch trailers and read no previews, invest in hype, or read discussion whatsoever. I refuse to be dissapointed in the game due to too much fervor over Halo 3. Let the impossible wall of Haloless hype begin to block, NOW!

Didn't expect gameplay. After the first Halo 2 trailer at E3, Bungie was kind of dismayed because they realized they had a nice demo, but nothing that would really work in a final game. I'm assuming they want to wait until they get something that represents the final product before showing it.

Due to the gameplay not being shown today, It's safe to say Halo 3 will be out November 2007. GTA 4 and Halo 3 are a pretty f'ing strong holiday lineup, even by themselves.

Trailer was pretty blah to me. Like everyone said, no gameply.

Gears of War better be pretty awesome cause there aren't that many killer apps for this xmas.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Didn't expect gameplay. After the first Halo 2 trailer at E3, Bungie was kind of dismayed because they realized they had a nice demo, but nothing that would really work in a final game. I'm assuming they want to wait until they get something that represents the final product before showing it.

Due to the gameplay not being shown today, It's safe to say Halo 3 will be out November 2007. GTA 4 and Halo 3 are a pretty f'ing strong holiday lineup, even by themselves.[/QUOTE]
or possible summer 07, as that is when the movie is supposed to come out...IMO though they don't need the game to promote the movie, or the movie to help promote the game, both can do fine being released apart.

I'm just happy it wasn't just CG like most other people do =p

I don't mind the trailer because it's a taste of what to expect in terms of the engine.

"With its defensive forces all but obliterated, Earth has fallen to the unstoppable might of the Covenant. These alien occupiers have discovered something beneath the ancient African sands - something incredible... something Forerunner."

Cortana says the following in the trailer:

I have defied Gods and Demons.
I am your shield. I am your sword.
I know you. Your past. Your future.
This is the way the world ends.

Transmission ends...

Finish the Fight in 07

looks real good, looking forward to more closure and a more solid single player game. Cortana could become the main antagonist of the series in this one...

looks nice. I wonder if this will be the Halo that gets me into the series. I didn't really enjoy 1 or 2, but I'm trying to keep my mind open for this 3rd one.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Anyone else notice that the chief is carrying the old AR from Halo 1 and not the BR?[/QUOTE]
Ah, I didn't notice that the first time around, gives the trailer some value.

I saw this about a half hour ago on G4 and it looks pretty sweet. They show a lot Banshee flying around and this is funny to see because I finally decided to try Halo last week and hopefully 3 is as good as the first. I will have to play 2 before 3 comes out next year.

[quote name='rywateska']Henceforth I will only watch trailers and read no previews, invest in hype, or read discussion whatsoever. I refuse to be dissapointed in the game due to too much fervor over Halo 3. Let the impossible wall of Haloless hype begin to block, NOW![/quote]

amen

[quote name='Zoglog']lol masterchief fanservice :D[/QUOTE]
I don't think the main character being in a sequel quite counts as fanservice :roll:

[quote name='b0bx13']I don't think the main character being in a sequel quite counts as fanservice :roll:[/QUOTE]

oh please you know it's true. I got such a damn hardon from watching that.

[quote name='rywateska']Henceforth I will only watch trailers and read no previews, invest in hype, or read discussion whatsoever. I refuse to be dissapointed in the game due to too much fervor over Halo 3. Let the impossible wall of Haloless hype begin to block, NOW![/quote]

agreed. i learned my lesson with halo 2.

I thought the trailer was crap. I mean yeah it looked good but it did not show much. Hopefully the single player is longer and the multiplayer is more like the orginal Halos. Me personally not impressed.

[quote name='Madskills1182']I thought the trailer was crap. I mean yeah it looked good but it did not show much. Hopefully the single player is longer and the multiplayer is more like the orginal Halos. Me personally not impressed.[/QUOTE]

Sigh.

This is not a gameplay trailer, it's an announcement trailer. A teaser. Nothing more. Same thing as the teaser they made for Halo 2 with MC jumping out of the ship towards Earth. No gameplay there either, so it should not be expected this early in the process either. You're expecting something that was never intended to be shown.

For what it was, I think it was the best teaser trailer for a game I've ever seen. That's Hollywood quality. I watched it on my home theater setup and it knocked me on my ass. I really enjoyed the MGS4 trailer they showed yesterday at Sony's presentation as well (especially the ending), but that one you kind of had to know the complete history of the series to appreciate it. The Halo 3 trailer is obvious: some serious shit is going down.

Anyway, if you're not satisfied with my reasoning, just read Bungie's site.

[quote name='bungie.net']We won't ruin the content of our short presentation by describing it frame by frame, but we will note that everything you're seeing here is being rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360, using the current version of our Halo 3 game engine. The HDR lighting, self-shadowing, GPU-run particle system and many other effects should make it intact (and more) to our final game.

The trailer was built to have minimum impact on the development process, and while it required long hours and hard work from many, many Bungie staffers, it utilizes real-game assets, fiction and locations from parts of the "real" game.

In fact, it's the stuff it doesn't contain that gives it a strange kind of context. You can see how detailed the Chief is, but that detail applies to our other, unseen, unrevealed characters, vehicles, environment and so on. There's no AI visible in the demo, no multiplayer, and the entire thing has been left deliberately subdued both to give scale to the artifact and because this is our announcement. The real stuff will come later.

Of course the trailer itself is a teaser - with no multiplayer, a single Earth-based locale, none of our sweet new AI or gameplay technologies. No physics to speak of, no new features other than a sneak peek at the graphics and audio engines…but the other stuff is there, and we'll reveal more as time goes on.[/quote]

indeed it is a teaser more than a trailer, you people need to take it in the context. omg master chief jack bauer orgasm.

Am I the only person here who liked Halo 2 more than Halo? I thought Halo was a good but pedestrian shooter (even for the time it was released). I thought 2's story was better, had more surprises, and better multiplayer. I enjoyed the ending, and I still laugh when people say Halo 2's ending sucked...and then heap praise upon Half-Life 2's story which ended just as abruptly (probably even moreso). Other than the weird graphical pop-in and the occasional level that didn't seem as inspired as some of Halo's, I thought it was equal or better in every way.

I understand this is a teaser so no need to sigh and tell me its not a gameplay tralier, etc. To me there is no need to show a teaser and no Gameplay and then keep insisting it is running on the in game engine. The game is supposed to come out next year so them showing a demo isnt to far out of the question either.

I downloaded the large trailer off Bungie's site, turned up my sound system, and it really does seem a lot more awesome now. I was skeptical when I watched the shitty little stream from Gamespot, but I'm hyped now. I suggest getting the trailer from bungie.net if you want to see the true extent of the trailer.

[quote name='Madskills1182']I understand this is a teaser so no need to sigh and tell me its not a gameplay tralier, etc. To me there is no need to show a teaser and no Gameplay and then keep insisting it is running on the in game engine. The game is supposed to come out next year so them showing a demo isnt to far out of the question either.[/QUOTE]

WHY should they show a demo? Because MADSKILLS1182 from a video game forum says so?

[quote name='KaneRobot']Am I the only person here who liked Halo 2 more than Halo? I thought Halo was a good but pedestrian shooter (even for the time it was released). I thought 2's story was better, had more surprises, and better multiplayer. I enjoyed the ending, and I still laugh when people say Halo 2's ending sucked...and then heap praise upon Half-Life 2's story which ended just as abruptly (probably even moreso). Other than the weird graphical pop-in and the occasional level that didn't seem as inspired as some of Halo's, I thought it was equal or better in every way.[/quote]

Apparently, you have never seen me post. Hello, my name is help1,

[quote name='mmn']WHY should they show a demo? Because MADSKILLS1182 from a video game forum says so?[/QUOTE]
No. I just think teasers are worthless.

[quote name='Madskills1182']No. I just think teasers are worthless.[/QUOTE]

I think wasting development time and effort to mock up a demo that will not even appear in the game when it is released in 2007 is worthless.

If you are a true fan of the series you shouldn't need a game demo video to understand the core gameplay behind the series. Case in point: Halo 3 has been officially announced, it will be released in 2007. Bungie and Microsoft deliver in a big way just by making this statement.

[quote name='Swift900']I think wasting development time and effort to mock up a demo that will not even appear in the game when it is released in 2007 is worthless.

If you are a true fan of the series you shouldn't need a game demo video to understand the core gameplay behind the series. Case in point: Halo 3 has been officially announced, it will be released in 2007. Bungie and Microsoft deliver in a big way just by making this statement.[/QUOTE]
All I'm saying is I rather of seen some gameplay footage than a teaser trailer. Teaser trailers do nothing. Everyone knew Halo 3 was coming out all it did was show that it is coming out in 2007. I'm a big fan of Halo and wanted to see more of the game rather than a teaser. Just have to wait until E3 2007.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']"Finish the Fight"

Do they mean that this is the last Halo game?
or, mearly that it will be a complete game unlike Halo 2?[/quote]

It's going to finish the story. I highly doubt it will be the last Halo game.

[quote name='Trakan']It's going to finish the story. I highly doubt it will be the last Halo game.[/QUOTE]

Think you're right. This game will definitely end the story but that is not to say prequels are out of the question.

They keep calling it a "trilogy" so this is supposedly the last one. Even if they take a radical departure for the next game (new name, setting, etc) it'll probably be sort of tied to Halo...sort of how Marathon is loosely related to Halo.

I'm betting on something closer though. Prequels maybe.

bread's done
Back