Halo 3 Vidmaster Challenge: Annual. Sign up here!

popular penguin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Howdy. I made this thread for all the people that need help getting the annual achievement. Whether you can't handle legendary or simply can not assemble a party of four (like me), post your gamertag here and play with other CAGs. To save confusion of what day to meet, let's all try to arrange to meet up on Sundays.

I guess I will officially start by putting my gamertag down: Popular Penguin. I'll be happy to help a fellow CAG in need.:D

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What's the challenge and prize? Or is it just a 0pt achievement?[/QUOTE]

Challenge : beat the final stage on Legendary , 4 player co-op , Iron skull on , and all 4 players must ride ghosts to the end of the stage. (I think that's everything)

The prize : A 0 point achievement that is supposed to do something when ODST comes out , if you have the rest of the vidmaster achievements (Bungie won't say what but is hinting it might be another online armor set).

I'm game for this. I've brought it up before in the CAG Gamerscore thread , but could never get anything organized. Sunday is good for me , as long as we can plan to do it sometime after 4pm (I work until 3). My Gamertag is the same as my CAG name.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What's the challenge and prize? Or is it just a 0pt achievement?[/QUOTE]
supposedly, if you unlocked all vidmaster achievements (including the ones that will be on Halo ODST) you will unlock the prized Recon armor that was exclusive to Bungie members or given out as a prize.

I didn't have any lag when I did it. Anyways, I'll help for sure but I don't get off work till' about 7pm Pacific. Maybe we can have a few groups at all different times?

i'd do it but i wrecked my Halo 3 by bumping my xbox while it was on. i'm currently looking for a disc replacement (since i already have the box, etc.)

[quote name='popular penguin']Since StarKnightX is free at 4pm and Nealocus123 is available at 7pm, how does a 8pm Pacific meeting sound? Is that cool with everyone?[/QUOTE]

Dude I'm totally okay with that. I'm actually pretty excited, I love Halo 3 co-op! If you have a chance send me a friend request and I'll link up with you as soon as I'm off work. Otherwise I'll just message you when I get home.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Challenge : beat the final stage on Legendary , 4 player co-op , Iron skull on , and all 4 players must ride ghosts to the end of the stage. (I think that's everything)

[/QUOTE]

Does that mean everyone in the party has to have found the skull? Because I haven't taken the time to find any of them.

I guess everyone should join my lobby first at 8pm. I might be online like at 7pm on forge or something, keeping the lobby open.
If there is more than 4 of us then we could start branching off into parties of four and go our separate ways from there.
Man, I'm getting pretty pumped!

I'm down, send me some FRs.

I'm probably too late to get into the initial group, anyone want to organize another 4 player group?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Does that mean everyone in the party has to have found the skull? Because I haven't taken the time to find any of them.[/QUOTE]

No, I think it will still work as long as the host in the party has it. Also, don't include me as a player in your count, haha (wasn't sure if you were but I got a FR from Popular Penguin). I have school tomorrow, sorry guys.

[quote name='popular penguin']I guess everyone should join my lobby first at 8pm. I might be online like at 7pm on forge or something, keeping the lobby open.
If there is more than 4 of us then we could start branching off into parties of four and go our separate ways from there.
Man, I'm getting pretty pumped![/QUOTE]

I'll do my best to make it.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Is this the first 'Vidmaster' challenge? If so, I'm game but if there were ones before it then it doesn't really matter.[/QUOTE]

There really isn't a "first" vidmaster challenge. At the last Title update , all the current vidmaster challenges were added as part of it. Annual , Brainpan , Lightswitch and 7 on 7. Doesn't matter what order you get them in , except that for most people , Annual or 7 on 7 will be the first ones to get , and for everyone Brainpan will always be the last.

Just so I'm clear , since I sometimes get confused with time conversion , 8pm PST would be 11pm EST correct?

[quote name='StarKnightX']There really isn't a "first" vidmaster challenge. At the last Title update , all the current vidmaster challenges were added as part of it. Annual , Brainpan , Lightswitch and 7 on 7. Doesn't matter what order you get them in , except that for most people , Annual or 7 on 7 will be the first ones to get , and for everyone Brainpan will always be the last.

Just so I'm clear , since I sometimes get confused with time conversion , 8pm PST would be 11pm EST correct?[/QUOTE]

yeah, those of you on the east coast are 3 hours ahead of those on the west coast

Shit I totally missed this and I'm super bummed. They have a special Reward Zone Member only event at work and offered me overtime to help out. Considering there is only like 50 people max that come in over a 3 hour period I had to take it (pretty much free pay for doing nothing). Sorry guys.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Great game guys! Thanks a lot for setting it up Penguin. If I'm able to I'll do it again to help some of the other guys.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was pretty fun last night even though it took a "few" tries to get it. :lol:

Hope you guys don't get too many aftershocks!

Hah, I should've gotten in the group when I could, but Penguin sent me the invite when I was near the end in solo :p

That warthog escape was pretty fun, I just wish it would go faster to get more umph!

Hopefully I don't miss the next group by 5 minutes like yesterday.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Hah, I should've gotten in the group when I could, but Penguin sent me the invite when I was near the end in solo :p

That warthog escape was pretty fun, I just wish it would go faster to get more umph!

Hopefully I don't miss the next group by 5 minutes like yesterday.[/QUOTE]

The Ghosts definitely have more umph! ;)

I'm not free again until tomorrow and maybe friday. If anyone that still wants to do this wants to arrange to do this tomorrow that would work for me. If not I'll have to wait and see what my work schedule for next week is.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The Ghosts definitely have more umph! ;)[/QUOTE]
Haha, no doubt ;)

I won't be able to be on XBL for now, got some stuff to take care of, so I'll have to hold off on joining the party :(

Darnit! Sorry Penguin, coildn't help out since my bro came over and took over the xbox.. sorry man. I can still help others though!!

O.K. This week's meeting will be on this Sunday, but at 8:00pm eastern! I know the first meeting was tough for those on the east coast, so this time should be more convenient, not to forget that its memorial weekend so there is no excuse to miss it!

Unfortunately, I won't be free this weekend because I got family coming over at my place all weekend and we have some plans. So, if someone would like to take charge of this meeting, then go for it!

[quote name='popular penguin']O.K. This week's meeting will be on this Sunday, but at 8:00pm eastern! I know the first meeting was tough for those on the east coast, so this time should be more convenient, not to forget that its memorial weekend so there is no excuse to miss it!

Unfortunately, I won't be free this weekend because I got family coming over at my place all weekend and we have some plans. So, if someone would like to take charge of this meeting, then go for it![/QUOTE]

I can host sunday , unless someone else wants to. Depending on how long it takes to do it , I might even be able to hold another one later in the evening for those on the west coast (like last week).

It took us about 1hr to complete just to give you the heads up, but Penguin totally helped us shave a ton of time buy doing his grenade jump thing and heading to the top of the building while we stayed behind waiting for him to checkpoint and clear of some flood guys.

Count me in for Sunday!! gamertag is SassyGnome and I have been dying to get enough people together who wanted to do this! FINALLY :)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It took us about 1hr to complete just to give you the heads up, but Penguin totally helped us shave a ton of time buy doing his grenade jump thing and heading to the top of the building while we stayed behind waiting for him to checkpoint and clear of some flood guys.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember that being brought up when I was there last sunday.

Wanted to bump this as a reminder that anyone still interested in doing this tonight should send me a friend request. The plan is still set for around 8pm Eastern time.

Also since I'm not sure if it was determined whether everyone needs the iron skull or not , if anyone who wants to do this tonight hasn't gotten the iron skull already and wants help getting it , shoot me a pm and I can jump in a quick game to give you a hand.

I'll probably open up a lobby in the game sometime between 7:30 and 8:00.

Just a warning if anyone who was going to participate is still here , the start time looks to be delayed till between 8:00 and 8:30. Something came up and I'm currently away from the system. I'll be there ASAP.

bread's done
Back