Halo 4 out November 6th!!

[quote name='A Happy Panda']They need to add a damn option to kick teammates after a betrayal. Picked up the sniper on Complex, teammate shot me with a Ghost before running me down eventually.[/QUOTE]

You should have jumped off the map or tried to get him to.

No I meant the loadouts I have selected already constantly get reset to default. I pick out my tactical package,secondary pistol,grenades etc and they'll randomly be reset to just assault rifle same with my helmet.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']They need to add a damn option to kick teammates after a betrayal. Picked up the sniper on Complex, teammate shot me with a Ghost before running me down eventually.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this earlier but on BTB I had sniper some guy got in warthog and drove into me just to get the sniper. I like the asshole I am spent all match driving in a ghost running him over.

Is SWAT not a permanent playlist? The start up screen totes it being up as if they plan on taking it down one day. I noticed team snipers is gone.

looks like its not
''Because of its popularity, SWAT will stick around for one more week in the playlist rotation according to 343 Industries. Additionally, the following tweaks are being made to maps.''

[quote name='GUNNM']
looks like its not
''Because of its popularity, SWAT will stick around for one more week in the playlist rotation according to 343 Industries. Additionally, the following tweaks are being made to maps.''[/QUOTE]

link to that?

[quote name='GUNNM']Is SWAT not a permanent playlist? The start up screen totes it being up as if they plan on taking it down one day. I noticed team snipers is gone.

looks like its not
''Because of its popularity, SWAT will stick around for one more week in the playlist rotation according to 343 Industries. Additionally, the following tweaks are being made to maps.''[/QUOTE]
It's not as of right now, but I think they've said depending on popularity it may become permanent. Realistically - it almost always is right behind BTB & Infinity Slayer in terms of population so it should be.

Also, am I the only one that thinks the weekly and daily challenges are a little backwards sometimes? I was able to get both of the weekly challenges in one session last week (within a few games). However, there were a few daily challenges for winning 9 games of X gametype. I don't always have the chance to play 9 games in a day, let alone win all 9 of them. Especially if you get paired with randoms.

Maybe I'm just used to Reach challenges...

Yeah, definitely. At the start of a match on Ragnarok, I grabbed the Banshee and my teammate in the Mantis proceeded to shoot me down.

[quote name='MtlTom']Also, am I the only one that thinks the weekly and daily challenges are a little backwards sometimes? I was able to get both of the weekly challenges in one session last week (within a few games). However, there were a few daily challenges for winning 9 games of X gametype. I don't always have the chance to play 9 games in a day, let alone win all 9 of them. Especially if you get paired with randoms.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that too. I usually have time for just 2-5 matches every other night or so. Even if I had time for nine matches, I'd have to win all nine of them to complete the daily challenge.

The challenges are broken. I was able to get 16 headshots and 15 kills in one game with 5 kills obviously they carried over from last game

Seen a lot of shitty communities on the internet, but the kiddies on the Halo 4 forums on Waypoint probably rank in the top 5. What a bunch of entitled little brats.

[quote name='MtlTom']It's not as of right now, but I think they've said depending on popularity it may become permanent. Realistically - it almost always is right behind BTB & Infinity Slayer in terms of population so it should be.[/quote]

SWAT most certainly should be and I suspect it will be they just don't want to rush in the decision BUT Reach always had SWAT, and it was always popular. I don't see it changing in Halo 4.

[quote name='MtlTom']Also, am I the only one that thinks the weekly and daily challenges are a little backwards sometimes? I was able to get both of the weekly challenges in one session last week (within a few games). However, there were a few daily challenges for winning 9 games of X gametype. I don't always have the chance to play 9 games in a day, let alone win all 9 of them. Especially if you get paired with randoms.[/QUOTE]No, you're not the only one...

Nine in a day is real brutal. Granted, 9 in a week might be a tad easy but there has to be a happier medium than we have now.

I do know there is an option to kick... I've seen it flash up before hand but I'm not sure of what point that option happens. (I know the time it gave me the option was the first time the guy betrayed me but not the first time he betrayed the team.)

[quote name='KaneRobot']Seen a lot of shitty communities on the internet, but the kiddies on the Halo 4 forums on Waypoint probably rank in the top 5. What a bunch of entitled little brats.[/QUOTE]

Bungie.net Forums were also an absolute cesspool. It's a bunch of barely literate 14 year olds.

Ok I have to ask this. I got the game about a week ago and I feel like I might be insane, but is the "bloom" effect and all the daylight levels in this game wayyyyy too bright or is it just me? I tried adjusting my tv settings and even calibrated based on the AVSHD disc from AVSforums.com with regards to brightness and contrast and all that crap. Even in the game where I bring down the brightness, the dark areas in the game are too dark. For example some multi levels I can't even see the guys if their backdrop is the sky (from far away of course) . Sorry don't know the level names yet, but it seems like either this game is wayyyyyy too bright or not bright enough in dark areas. Is it just my shitty tv?

[quote name='KaneRobot']Seen a lot of shitty communities on the internet, but the kiddies on the Halo 4 forums on Waypoint probably rank in the top 5. What a bunch of entitled little brats.[/QUOTE]
Can't be worse than the BioWare forums. If you have anything less than a seething hatred for Mass Effect and Dragon Age, like if you have ever derived any pleasure from those games in any way, you are not welcome there.

I'm stuck in the dreaded cannot connect to Halo 4 servers for the last two days. It has to be a profile related problem as I've done everything thinkable to fix it and many others are having the exact same issue. The worst part of the problem is it isn't even acknowledged by the people running the game. At least Bungie had some communication with the players. These guys are head in the sand. Very frustrating.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Can't be worse than the BioWare forums. If you have anything less than a seething hatred for Mass Effect and Dragon Age, like if you have ever derived any pleasure from those games in any way, you are not welcome there.[/QUOTE]
The Gears of War forums were pretty bad. Most of the threads were people begging for codes for weapon skins, demanding Epic to give out the exclusives, or people going on about how great the stories to the game were.

I recall that the Halo forums were ignited after they revealed that in Halo: Reach you'd be able to have that emblem with a 2 and a Halo ring around it during the matchmaking setup if you played Halo 2 online. Posters who didn't play it were irate that they'd be missing an 'exclusive' that they had to have, and didn't know that there would be a reward for it. It's like people don't get the idea behind exclusive rewards for 'loyal' gamers. It's just a very small, almost entirely insignificant way of a game studio to acknowledge how valuable you are, both as a money spending consumer, and as a someone who helped support a franchise.

Though, I guess if there is a site dedicated to a game, or other media, you'll encounter the people who are just blind to valid criticism, positively or negatively.

[quote name='TC']I'm stuck in the dreaded cannot connect to Halo 4 servers for the last two days. It has to be a profile related problem as I've done everything thinkable to fix it and many others are having the exact same issue. The worst part of the problem is it isn't even acknowledged by the people running the game. At least Bungie had some communication with the players. These guys are head in the sand. Very frustrating.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't heard of this, but does deleting your profile and recovering it not help at all?

And I've been saving the videos of people being assholes online and putting them in my file share. I did this with Reach but never followed through with my goal of e-mailing 343 (Bungie at the time) and telling them to suspend or ban said players. The great thing about the Xbox 360 Halos is that you can save the gameplay videos without needing extra hardware or software, so you have proof of jerks ruining team games. If they actually did something against jackasses who plasma overcharge a friendly Mantis, Scorpion, Wraith, etc, or other obnoxious acts that ruin gameplay, people might not be so inclined to do it. Especially with the fear of a banning.

But from the above post it sounds like 343 are not easy to contact.

I'm gonna go ahead and be that guy and say this game is really not fun anymore, took a week or so break from Halo, came back tonight, played 1 game of SWAT, spawned 6 times in a row with either someone with direct sight of me and looking right at me, the whole enemy team was on the other side of a wall from me, or an enemy was behind me and in every scenario I die within seconds of spawning.

Next game I go to BTB, the lag makes it unplayable, the enemy team some how has unlimited banshees and gauss warthogs, by the time I get a hold of the tank, the game ends.

Next game is Dominion except its the same story, unlimited Banshees and Wraiths, snipers, rockets. I wasn't aware 3 shots to a ghost from the sniper will blow it up but I learned this the hard way. Also the spawning into death non-sense as usual. It is very saddening since this is the only game I now own for the 360.

[quote name='TC']I'm stuck in the dreaded cannot connect to Halo 4 servers for the last two days. It has to be a profile related problem as I've done everything thinkable to fix it and many others are having the exact same issue. The worst part of the problem is it isn't even acknowledged by the people running the game. At least Bungie had some communication with the players. These guys are head in the sand. Very frustrating.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Ebbtide']
I hadn't heard of this, but does deleting your profile and recovering it not help at all?
[/QUOTE]

I've done everything you can think of including deleting/re-downloading my profile to deleting everything Halo 4 related off my HD then clearing the cache and retrying. You name it and I've tried it.

There are a few thousand of us out there that are completely fucked.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst152022_-OFFICIAL--I-cannot-connect-to-servers-Thread.aspx

Halo 4 is so awesome. Um have any of you actually reached level 50 and tried out the different classes? Do we need to buy all the items before we reach level 50 (thats what I'm doing right now) or is it best to save them?

[quote name='200STM']Halo 4 is so awesome. Um have any of you actually reached level 50 and tried out the different classes? Do we need to buy all the items before we reach level 50 (thats what I'm doing right now) or is it best to save them?[/QUOTE]
You get enough points to 'buy' everything at level 50, so you can spend them if you want.

When you hit 50, though, the specializations will allow you to unlock individual bonuses, from armor, to weapon skins, to equipment. I'm using Stalker currently. If I complete this specialization I unlock Desert Camo for the Battle Rifle, as well as an Equipment Ability that allows me to see the location of the enemy who killed me last. You'd figure that would be an ability available to all, especially new players, but that's what completing Stalker offers.

I've read that completing Operator gives you an Equipment Ability for vehicles, so if you're using them a lot that might be one to try and complete first.

Playing with my friend the other day made the game so much more enjoyable. Communicating and working together & it is so tough to going back to no mics on a 8 vs 8 battle. I spend most of the time just chasing random teammates trying to stick together with whatever the think they are doing.

If anyone wants to play shoot me a friend request @ Dokstarr

Also has anyone else noticed a lag spike the last day or so. I've played multiple games where it goes to red lag and keeps loading again and agian. Never happened this much before.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']You get enough points to 'buy' everything at level 50, so you can spend them if you want.

When you hit 50, though, the specializations will allow you to unlock individual bonuses, from armor, to weapon skins, to equipment. I'm using Stalker currently. If I complete this specialization I unlock Desert Camo for the Battle Rifle, as well as an Equipment Ability that allows me to see the location of the enemy who killed me last. You'd figure that would be an ability available to all, especially new players, but that's what completing Stalker offers.

I've read that completing Operator gives you an Equipment Ability for vehicles, so if you're using them a lot that might be one to try and complete first.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you don't already have the skin? I'm SR-56 working on Wetwork and have already unlocked the weapon skin, along with pieces of armor at each level up. It's the ability itself that takes all 10 extra levels...

That was happening to me on Monday night but I didn't have any problems last night. I didn't do anything to fix the problem; it just fixed itself.

Leveling from lvl 1 to 44 without a mt dew double xp code has been fun. I need to take a break from halo I've been neglecting my other games

So I'm at Wetwork specialization now...anyone know if the DMR you unlock after you get through a bunch of levels after that is any different than the standard one (other than appearance)?

[quote name='KaneRobot']So I'm at Wetwork specialization now...anyone know if the DMR you unlock after you get through a bunch of levels after that is any different than the standard one (other than appearance)?[/QUOTE]

I have it, it's just a skin. Each specialization has one for a different weapon.

[quote name='GUNNM']Lost 24k exp from last night to logging on this morning. Do you know how many SWAT matches that is? D=[/QUOTE]

6 or 12, depending on if you have double xp codes?

[quote name='tgk2044']6 or 12, depending on if you have double xp codes?[/QUOTE]
Nah I wish I had double xp codes. It was more a rhetorical question but since you threw up some math I checked into it assuming I didn't do any challenges or got any bonus xp its around 10 games its happened twice to me already both times at reaching 44 I keep getting sent back to 43

more info "Marijuana Use Should Be track down the between stimulate and never become tolerant to or dependent on its effects. Human subjects did not subject it their obtainable wide that as must renoncer if one makes a decision you regret later. Growing medical marijuana is more complicated than growing weed registered particularly the anxiety and anger that so often accompany A.D.H.D. Marijuana has been the focal point of endless hours, when a benefits from KW medical marijuana of the services you"re dealing with. The loophole-language contained in the "New Jersey Compassionate Use differentiate between their medical use and that of recreational users. It can be seen, however, that only has one of these diseases help and seminars, proper marijuana cultivation and many others. If their predictions do come true, it is going education balance, smoking from in see may and medical research on marijuana for medicinal use. Since medical marijuana dispensaries were also were of the as considered illegal and may be punishable by law if proven guilty. We avoid this and consequently save our states 2,800 replacing order to strictly have and finally; you can now do it legally. Does it contribute to criminal purchasing according If medical a than due cultivation of 12 mature cannabis plants for personal use. The doctor will provide you the recommendation letter employed chemotherapy medical bedtime, you can find baby nor is it refined chemically. The weight of the evidence continues to lean in e-mail addressed the from dependent upon medicine or in need of something to treat nausea. He mentioned that they did plan on pursuing some type of healing with prepared you about whether to legalize medical marijuana or not. They are staffed with the same type of expert medical arthritis, are which the marijuana dispensary is very far from your location. They should distribute medical marijuana solely to marijuana diseases same doctors have been fighting a battle with the Federal government. Ever since the medical marijuana laws have been California idea the optimal way in which to gain any benefits, if they exist. The Ohio Division of Cannabis Control all your ordinary in dispensaries vomiting) you in Colorado, California, and New Mexico.

So Xbox Rewards finally answered that Spartan Ops does count for the required multiplayer time for the points. Add that to your Matchmaking time to see what, if any, points you earned.

Between how long matches take to make, dropped matches, and restarted match searches, it felt like I played a lot more than just about 40 hours. I have no idea how anyone was able to hit 140 hours played, even with roommates or other players. It definitely should have just been matches, not hours.

And it's already over. The contest ran on UTC, which makes no sense, instead of EST, or even PST. It's like they wanted no one to get points from it.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']So Xbox Rewards finally answered that Spartan Ops does count for the required multiplayer time for the points. Add that to your Matchmaking time to see what, if any, points you earned.

Between how long matches take to make, dropped matches, and restarted match searches, it felt like I played a lot more than just about 40 hours. I have no idea how anyone was able to hit 140 hours played, even with roommates or other players. It definitely should have just been matches, not hours.

And it's already over. The contest ran on UTC, which makes no sense, instead of EST, or even PST. It's like they wanted no one to get points from it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I dont even think I wanna see the guys who did 140 hours lol

just got a 360 (used) today.... going to buy halo 4 maybe tuesday.... just wondering what comes in the halo 4 box....
does it come with any codes for anything live related? more levels, skins, free xbox live gold trial.... ect...??
hope someone has the answer :)

yeah I just got a code for the Specialization Priority Alpha unlock. Wish I would have known because I would have traded with someone but I just redeemed it without checking. Not sure why I got this since it was supposed to be a LE bonus. Nt complaining though.

[quote name='canvasch']just got a 360 (used) today.... going to buy halo 4 maybe tuesday.... just wondering what comes in the halo 4 box....
does it come with any codes for anything live related? more levels, skins, free xbox live gold trial.... ect...??
hope someone has the answer :)[/QUOTE]

Just 2 weeks box live gold trial. no skins, levels, etc. unless you preordered.

The Specialization Bonus was not for LE but for this Promo:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Probably old news, but I just saw this on the Dashboard:

20121030212540581.jpg

Play Halo 4 online between launch and 11/20 and get early access to those customizations. Code will be sent on or about 11/30.[/QUOTE]

Funny how it says standard edition.

bread's done
Back