Halo 5 10/27 and MCC Thread

Well well well, hate all you want but this is a milestone on this system & franchise.

“The success of Halo 5: Guardians is a testament to the innovative work from the entire team at 343 Industries to bring this installment to Xbox One and the incredible community of fans who have come to love the story, characters and gameplay central to the franchise,” said Phil Spencer, head of Xbox, in a statement. “The game represents all the possibilities of Xbox One and has earned its place as the anchor title in the greatest holiday games lineup in Xbox history.”

Had a group of 9 buddies playing Warzone last night and wow that really makes a world of a difference. Hopping in with one or two people is alright but when playing with almost a complete team of friends that is where that game type really elevates above the rest. Tons of fun.

Oh def, a team mode. I see a lot of Titanfall inspiration here, unlike CoD Blops 3 that just seems to ooze copy paste.

Here's a good down to the last minute Warzone match from before the game was launched at a Halo 5 press gathering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvp9bhvgwLQ

Since it is infusing MOBA into Halo, I'd be really entertained and interested when actual pro teams go head to head with this mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking it will have the largest player falloff in Halo history as well.
Probably, but I'd guess the same is true about nearly every big game this year. Too much stuff coming out for people to be focused on one thing for long.

----
Kind of figured I was in for a cliffhanger again. Let the wait to 2018(?) begin.

My main friend I play with his migrated over to Call of Duty - so anyone looking to play Halo shoot me a friend request at Dokstarr

halo 5 has the best arena shooter multiplayer thats ever been created, hands down.

it really shows that they hired up a pro team just to make sure the game was qa'ed right

What is a fair price for MCC digitally? I foolishly traded my disc copy to Target thinking there would be a Black Friday sale and am thinking of buying a digital code instead.

What is a fair price for MCC digitally? I foolishly traded my disc copy to Target thinking there would be a Black Friday sale and am thinking of buying a digital code instead.
I sold my physical copy for $30 on eBay then was able to snag a code on eBay as well for $26, so I actually made a few bucks doing so. I wouldn't buy one for over $27 or $28.

I sold my physical copy for $30 on eBay then was able to snag a code on eBay as well for $26, so I actually made a few bucks doing so. I wouldn't buy one for over $27 or $28.
Here on CAG though I wouldn't personally spend more than $20 for a digital code based on the prices I have seen it go for.

[quote name="AvengedBacklog" post="13034553" timestamp="1447772529"]Thanks, I just paid $20 for one from another CAG. Seemed like a fair price.[/quote]
I'd certainly consider getting this digitally for $20. Has it ever been close to that price physically or digitally?

Arena feels great in Halo 5, it's pretty evident they hired pros and just did exactly what they said to do.

Didn't Bungie say Overshield was too strong as a power up at one point, then 343 brings it back.

Does CAG have a Halo 5 Spartan Company? The one I'm in is basically useless, and the new update's going to have armor unlocks based on Spartan Company Commendations, so I'd like to find one that's active and has a decent number of members.

about two weeks ago they mentioned it in the weekly update.  They are coming out with some matchmaking updates and they will be consolidating some playlists and reducing search restrictions to help with search times. 

The game still has a lot of problems, but I can generally jump on and enjoy it with friends at this point.  

about two weeks ago they mentioned it in the weekly update. They are coming out with some matchmaking updates and they will be consolidating some playlists and reducing search restrictions to help with search times.

The game still has a lot of problems, but I can generally jump on and enjoy it with friends at this point.
Thanks, I was not aware of that. I play this game every day and have no issues finding games, just logical players. It's sad that this game is getting to the stage of getting left behind. But, I guess all the money is with Halo 5.

I think playlist consolidation will help.  Its a shame that the game needs it, but when playing during peak times (weekends and USA evenings) I can find games with little to no problem.  If they dropped down to the bare minimum, and got rid of game specific playlists (which would suck not being able to play the game you want) then we would probably not see any long wait times anymore.  

This game is a decent product now, there are still weird glitches here and there but I think the biggest problem really is population at this point.  But the name of this game is tarnished at this point and tons of people say the game sucks that havent played it in months. 

MCC is like 8 bucks on cdkeys.com right now.

Anyway, haven't seen much talk about the new Warzone/Horde mode, but holy shit, I think it's fantastic. Might be my favorite horde mode in any game, and unlike the PvP Warzone stuff, using the cards seems "fair" and doesn't become a "screw this, we stand no chance, I'm not wasting power-ups" struggle until the very end of a failed attempt.

bread's done
Back