Halo 5 10/27 and MCC Thread

Massive Halo 5 info dump today. Here is the GI article for anyone who doesn't have a subscription to GI.

http://m.imgur.com/a/Zm0gi

20 maps at launch

15 more maps in less than a year all FREE

I hope the new game mode is a bigger big team battle. It would be so epic to have something like battlefield's 32vs32.

Campaign sounds so fucking epic. Hopefully they have a Scarab battle haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/actually-halo-5-s-campaign-co-op-does-require-xbox/1100-6427978/

You do actually need Gold for co-op AND THERE IS NO LOCAL MULTIPLAYER. WTF.

First off, you think they would be sick of apologizing by now and get their shit together. Second... I honestly am blown away at the exclusion of local multiplayer. I completely understand the technical limitations but playing locally with friends in Halo has been a staple of the franchise since day one and by taking it out I feel like its a big eff you to the fans regardless of how hard they say they are trying.

Even though I don't really play with anyone in real life, and haven't in a long time, I'd still prefer the option of it.  It's so much fun when you can hand someone a controller and let them engage with you, online or in a campaign.  I agree that I really thought that's why they were saying cooperative was going to be free online.  People would still be paying for competitive, which is disappointing to think you can't even do that locally anymore.

On a different thought, the lack of split screen support would encourage more players to stick to playing MCC as an alternative in the long run.

Well when the servers for XBL are taken down for Xbone then co-op Halo 5 will no longer exist.  This is troubling since I've always gone back to older Halo games to introduce friends/family to gaming.  It's the only shooter my wife will play and split screen is how we have always done it.

Couch co-op is always my prefered method of play.  I have friends/family over a lot and we generally all play on the same screen.

I'm not really that peeved about it since the MCC exists, but I have already resigned to not getting this game at launch.

Halo 5: Guardians Limited Collector’s Edition
A premium edition of Halo 5: Guardians for collectors and Halo fans alike. The Limited Collector’s Edition is the ultimate expression of Halo 5: Guardians with a commemorative statue designed by 343 Industries.2 The Master Chief and Spartan Locke appear as a team – but there’s another story… the statue splits and they separate, ready to face-off. Which scene tells the true story? The Limited Collector’s Edition contains a full game download and the following Limited Edition content:

• Warzone REQ Bundle: 14 Premium Requisition packs
  • Halo: The Fall of Reach – Animated Series
  • Guardian model by Metal Earth®
  • Uniquely-designed Spartan themed SteelBook®
  • Spartan Locke’s Classified Orders
  • Dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris
  • Xbox Live Gold 14-day Trial1 - perfect for playing with friends
The LCE is releasing before the game launches because it only has a download code. The limited edition includes everything above but no statue of course. They have a life size statue of what's included in the 250 dollar bundle at e3 but nobody has posted pics of it yet. Looks like a battlefield battlepack system is going to be used, which I think is a great idea.

I'm seriously kind of bent about a digital download code.  If I'm going to the store, buying a freaking steelbook case, I intend on putting a game disc in said case.  Not cool.  I'll still get the game, but I'll be darned if I'm going to spring for either of the limited editions. 

Plus I hear the $250 edition statue is ugly.  :wall:

[quote name="RBK" post="12750408" timestamp="1434505156"]Cost cutting in full effect.[/quote]
It isn't all cons. It also benefits the hardcore player since they would be able to preload the game, rather than having to wait for the install the night it launches.

I can see how people hate the idea, but its great for me so I can have it ready to go at midnight. A lot of people asked for this with the MCC to be able to preload with store bought copies. I'm cool with it either way as I plan to never sell the game.

What's the point of Including the steelbook if you are not getting a disc? Are you suppose to use the steelbook to store your used code?

I'm just vowing to never get a digital game ever again unless I can get a ridiculous deal.

I can wait a few hours.

I liked seeing Buck.  But they promised no more ordinance drops, and then they added the REQ system.  The squad based campaign mode looks very Ghost Recon-ish.

I guess 343 had to take the series in a different direction to keep it fresh and make it their own, which is fine, but with all the gameplay changes it seems to have lost its identity as a Halo game.

I just grabbed the MCC collection cause it was crazy cheap and have never actually played through the Halo games even though I owned most of them. Multiplayer didn't even interest me all that much cause I've always been better at Titanfall/COD online.

Anyway, I know there were issues with multiplayer, and last night I played a few matches but it took much longer than other online games to actually get 8 players together and start and secondly, after a match ended I didn't just go into the next match like other games but basically had to start the selection process over again, is this how the game is set up?

I just grabbed the MCC collection cause it was crazy cheap and have never actually played through the Halo games even though I owned most of them. Multiplayer didn't even interest me all that much cause I've always been better at Titanfall/COD online.

Anyway, I know there were issues with multiplayer, and last night I played a few matches but it took much longer than other online games to actually get 8 players together and start and secondly, after a match ended I didn't just go into the next match like other games but basically had to start the selection process over again, is this how the game is set up?
That's intentional. For some reason they set up the multiplayer lobby system so that once a match is over you have to reenter the matchmaking process again. It's annoying because in the previous games you'd have the option to either leave or people could stay and then you'd all be grouped together in later games.

slowpoke-pokemon.jpg

I just picked up Halo MCC and paid off Halo 5. Looking to get back into the swing of things. Is there a CAG group that plays any Halo 3 on MCC?

$500 is the only gripe I have really.  Not buying it anyways, but can't justify the extra $50-$150 depending on how you want to look at it.

I really like the system and controller too. The only issue I have is that they are going to give you a steelbook with a digital code.

Also I'm pretty sure the price would go down near the holidays.

I went ahead and preordered it at GS tonight. Have so much extra credit from the recent flip mania..why not.
True.

Looks like it may be a good time to ship off my CoD AW controller to Amazon for $37. Don't think it'll go as high as Titanfall with all these special edition controllers coming out.

I really like the system and controller too. The only issue I have is that they are going to give you a steelbook with a digital code.

Also I'm pretty sure the price would go down near the holidays.
Special consoles tend to sell out fast. I thought, and I could be wrong, but I thought 343 said that they would be including a disc or working out a way for people to get the disc. There was a major uproar over that.

Special consoles tend to sell out fast. I thought, and I could be wrong, but I thought 343 said that they would be including a disc or working out a way for people to get the disc. There was a major uproar over that.
I got the Cirrus White Xbox One for $50 below retail by just waiting. This is Microsoft flagship title and I doubt the Halo bundle will be rare as the Sunset bundle. There's going to be promos in October and especially in November and December.

I'm fine without the disc.
Digital copies of games can be installed on two different consoles, and played completely separate. Thats what I was looking to do with Halo anyway.
I'll take an empty steelbook to have two copies of the game.

I'm excited for Halo 5.

I wonder how much MCC's population will drop once it releases. I think MCC will slowly start to fade out with updates once Halo 5 drops, unfortunately.

Just in case you guys missed it in the deals thread....

You can pre-order the Halo 5 Xbox One for $10 off (if you have prime) and you can get NBA 2k16 for free if you add it to your cart. Even if you don't want it you can sell 2k16. This is on Amazon

Just in case you guys missed it in the deals thread....

You can pre-order the Halo 5 Xbox One for $10 off (if you have prime) and you can get NBA 2k16 for free if you add it to your cart. Even if you don't want it you can sell 2k16
Damn, you got me. Thought you meant buy Halo 5 (standard edition), get 2k16 free.

Got excited!

bread's done
Back